• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Someone Steps Up

__G__

Smash Cadet
Hello fellow Jiggs mains, my name is G, and i have come to give you a source of light and inspiration. I realize it might not look that way with this being my first post and being labeled a "smashn00b," but thats deceiving. I have been coming to these forums for three years (just never made an account) and have been a jiggs main for roughly that same amount of time. I remember a time where I would come here and see the latest combo videos by King or Mango and learn all that I could from them (from falling U-Airs to WOP to rest combos), and those were glorious times. However, in Brawl, the only noticeable thing on the jiggs forums is a near total lacking of anyone like those greats (I don't know why, but I guess it's because they choose to remain in Melee). So, even though I don't claim to be as good as these pros, I do claim to be good enough to talk about jiggs and give any helpful advice I can.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to downgrade any of the good jiggs players currently on these forums (Jigglymaster is good, ChosenOne is good, Bowyer is good, etc.) but they just aren't here enough to really make a difference (especially now, since the main aid was Bowyer and now he went back to Melee). I plan on being here all that I can, helping out in any way I can, and sticking with jiggs, as well as with Brawl. Still, the point is that I am tired of coming to the jiggs forums day after day to only see threads like "kirby or jiggs" or the video list of good jiggs matches which has not been updated since maybe a day or two after it was created.

As far as my own skill goes, I like to think of myself as competitive, certainly not Pro (since I am virtually unheard of, and I have not been to any real tournaments). But in my area, UCSB, I can say with confidence that I am the best jiggs player - even if that is because there are no other jiggs around - and that the people I have played know me as such. Sadly, I do not have any videos of my own, but I will probably buy a capture card sooner or later. Although, soon, I will give a, hopefully, brief overview of how to play jiggs so as to show you some proof that I'm not just full of... hot air, if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them as soon as I can. Questions about character match-ups is a little difficult to ask since each player is different, but I can definitely give some strategic advice.

Ok, here it goes, An Overview of Playing Jiggly:

Obviously, her main weapons are her fair and bair. In fact, thats almost a complete move list. Her smashes take way too much start up time and, frankly, aren't as good for setting up anything else. Only use smashes when you have enough time to set up and you know it will be a time when the opponent will not be able to shield grab (so they're a rarity). Jiggs' U-air is nice , but has nowhere near the killing capabilities of her fair or even her bair. The dair, similarly, should only be used when you want to shield poke someone or when the opponent is at least at 53-60% and you're going for a rest combo. The rest should only be used when you know - and this I stress - when you know that it will work and kill. This is because if you miss, with some characters, if you are at about 40% when you're asleep, you can be killed. Her pound is great, unless you have retrograde interference from Melee and think it's longer than it actually is (which happens to me sometimes). But, the pound can be used as a great approach or just when you need a move with high priority. The nair, yes, it has high priority as well, but should probably only be used when that is needed - in air combos, you're most likely better suited to fairs, but use what you will. Never use sing unless you're in threes and you're ledge grabbing with it or if you just want to mess around. Rollout could be used once in each battle to see what happens (if it hits the opponent, go for another one, if he easily dodges, don't feel the need to try again, if he punishes you for it, just stop), but in general you can use it when you have a good set up, like when someone misses the sweetspot and lands on the stage after an up-b.

And now for some strategy tips:

When I play, I like to be aggressive, so I always approach with fairs because they're better when you sweet spot, and when you're going forward, it's just natural. However, if you're the most defensive type, which I sometimes have to do, you should stay just out of the opponent's reach and come at him with bairs (one, maybe two if you get the chance). With any strategy, I have to stress the importance of spacing (getting in then out, and then back in and out, all with landing outside the range of the opponent) above all else because of jiggs' ability to easily get killed. If the person has great range or spammable projectiles (e.g. Samus, ROB, Pit, etc.) then, even if you don't like it, you must get in there and fight close, approaching with a combination of air dodges, rolls, power shielding, and high priority attacks. One thing this game focuses on is the dodging, so, as with spacing, you must learn times to air dodge, and the times to side step (ground dodge) . It's a good habit to pick up. It may seem like the points I stress are ways to take less damage, even if I play aggressively, and thats true. But it's because jiggs needs her life low. One rule of thumb that I go by, is that if you have the same damage as your opponent, you're losing, so try being a little more defensive.

I'm sure thats not everything, but I figure I'll just let that settle for a while and then see what happens. Hopefully, people (i.e. jiggs mains) won't let it go to waste. Feel free to ask anything, and try to remember, I'm not trying to insult anyone, but it's just the right time for someone to step up.

Thanks if you read it.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
I'll give this a read later this weekend or something when I'm not too busy, but it's always cool to see another Jigg player step up. Anyways, I'll make a compilation video of my Jig in the summer when I can find my brother's camera and the appropriate cables for you guys to see and for my own personal enjoyment. Not sure how well it'll turn out though. This is my first competitive Smash game but over online (lol) I've been regarded as decent/above average/best Jiggs people have ever seen (I go to allisbrawl and gamefaqs.) Hopefully over the summer, I get some actual in person matches going with the local smashers in my area since they've invited me several times to events but I was always busy.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
That was a very neat and informative post, thank you. I've been considering dropping my amount of characters to 3, and I'd still like to use Jigglypuff...especially because she's pretty cute, yet rather unpopular. I do have a question for you though.

I notice that you stress the importance of using fair. However, what about the damage and knockback reduction system? If you keep using it, fair's killing ability will be gone. That's the fear I always have with Jigglypuff...that I'm not doing enough varied attacks and I feel predictable. What do you do to overcome the knockback/damage reduction system in Brawl?

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
I don't use Jiggly (Well Wario is kind of like a fat Jigglypuff with better B moves and KO moves), but i've seen how awful these forums are. I think it's nice to see someone try to fix it. Nice first post lol.

__G__

Smash Cadet
I think you could have mentioned a little about using her nair well of the ledge.
If you mean nair to get back from a hanging on a ledge, then that's a good move since it does have high priority, but i like dropping down, then jumping up to fair, or jumping away, then back and tossing out a bair. However, if you mean tossing out a nair as a part of a WOP to get someone as a ledge guard, then you're probably better suited with bairs or fairs to sweetspot fairs.

I notice that you stress the importance of using fair. However, what about the damage and knockback reduction system? If you keep using it, fair's killing ability will be gone. That's the fear I always have with Jigglypuff...that I'm not doing enough varied attacks and I feel predictable. What do you do to overcome the knockback/damage reduction system in Brawl?
The knockback reduction system has never been a problem for me. I don't know why, exactly, maybe because when you WOP, it brings you so close to the edge that it won't matter. Or, maybe because, even though I do stress using fairs because it's jiggs' best killing method, it's not the only attack you are going to be using, so the knockback won't decrease as much as you're worried about it decreasing. As for predictability, thats more on your opponent. If you've played him many times before, or he's played against a good jiggs plenty of times before, he will have a good idea of what's coming. There are not a lot of moves to toss out to throw him off balance, but if you're losing, you can try staying on the ground and rolling around, looking for a chance to shield grab.

Which brings me to a point I forgot to mention in my first post: grabbing. In short, its a great move. Jiggs' throws are quick, and both the up and down throws set the opponent up for more attacks. Her back throw is a nice move to clear someone away from you, and the forward throw is good when used in the same way. If your trying to WOP or gimp your opponent, then I would suggest facing the middle of the stage from one of the ledges, back throwing him, then chase him with bairs or fairs.

Good questions. Thanks for asking them. I'm eager to help however you need.

Flock to me, my people.

Quepp42

Smash Rookie
To be honest _G_, I am actually in almost the same situation as yourself. I visit these and gamefaq's boards almost every day but I just never post. However, I agree with you on how lethargic this board has gotten and how sad it makes me.

JIGGLY IS NOT A BAD CHARACTER! I know she isn't because I have seen people, (such as Bowyer and others) beat supposedly "top tier" characters handily. I think the main problem is that many people try to play as melee jiggs and get dissapointed when its not too effective. Jiggly is much different now, and from my experience, can hang with any character.

My philosophy on jiggs (which has worked very well for me so far) is this:

****The only way jiggly's air game works is if you have a solid ground game that the enemy must respect. Otherwise it just gets too predictable.

--->To get a solid ground game: Jiggly has very few moves that should actually be used on the ground, but when these few are used correctly they are actually quite satisfactory. The main two are the dash attack, and the grab. You can do well on the ground just using these two moves.

-The dash attack has great range, priority, speed and power. You can perform it almost instantly from a stand still by smashing over and pressing down on the c-stick.

-Jiggly has a surprisingly good grab. It has great range and little recovery time. When enemies fear the dash attack and put up their sheilds, a quick dash grab works wonders. Also, a forward throw then sets you up for the third main part of your ground game.

-Rollout. Yes, rollout. Believe it or not, this move wreaks havoc when used correctly. The best time to use it is whenever the opponent is falling from a height and will land on the stage. The move is very tricky to dodge when used on an opponent just landing from a forward or back throw. Also works very well when you force opponents to recover over top of your edge guarding game and you hit them when they land. Worst comes to worst you miss and end up far enough away from them where they cant touch you.

As for the rest of jiggly's ground moves, they are garbage. The only time you might want to use them is if they screw up and you can sneak in a smash, or if you use one of the tilts to get some space or to interrupt.

Most people seem to understand how to play jiggly in the air and how to use pound so I wont say much about that.

Heres some positive thoughts for you though: In brawl, people's percentages reach the high one hundreds pretty normally. Sure rest got nerfed, but think about how good it is in brawl terms. Jiggly can kill from the 50's-90's depending on the character's weight. Thats a huge advantage. Along with her edge guarding, jigg's can probably score some of the most consistant low percentage KO's out of anyone. Want to know jigg's metagame? Hitting with rest.

Bottom line- Jiggs is mad underrated and I believe that we puff players have got to get tough!

sorry for my first post on smashboards being so massive.
:)

__G__

Smash Cadet
You're right Quepp, to an extent. First, in many ways, playing Jiggs like you would in Melee works the same as with in Brawl, but with a loss of great kill moves (rest combos) and an addition of the fair as the best kill move.

Anyway, it's great to see people that agree with me and wants things to change, so let's all try to bring about that change and start reading the "Jiggs guides" and applying them to our games so we can own some good Wolf, Pika, Pit, or what have you, just so others can see Jiggs (as well as her respective players) with some admiration.

Also, what you say about the ground game is very important. I could not agree with you more in regards to the dash attack and the throws. Those are Jiggs' bread and butter on the ground (especially the throws, since if you keep them up, people will start to get annoyed at how many times they're getting grabbed and that puts a mental advantage in your favor). The dash attack, however, should be used in its own appropriate times, since it is so easy to guard against and see coming. Still, the way you mentioned about pulling it off with the c-stick is a great idea, and should be used.

Good talks.

szh

Smash Rookie
I like Jiggly's dash attack and grabs, but I find upthrow sends opponents too far to do any sort of follow up.

Also, yes, her smashes are slow. But I think forward smash has good killing potential (like in Melee, but a smaller hitbox), it just has laggy start and end time (so don't use it during early percentages). Dsmash sends opponents sideways, and usmash can be done out of a run to surprise people. Not sure how much DAC helps with usmash, but it's there.

dair to rest is the only guaranteed rest combo in Brawl :p

__G__

Smash Cadet
I like Jiggly's dash attack and grabs, but I find upthrow sends opponents too far to do any sort of follow up.

Also, yes, her smashes are slow. But I think forward smash has good killing potential (like in Melee, but a smaller hitbox), it just has laggy start and end time (so don't use it during early percentages). Dsmash sends opponents sideways, and usmash can be done out of a run to surprise people. Not sure how much DAC helps with usmash, but it's there.

dair to rest is the only guaranteed rest combo in Brawl :p
Up throw does send opponents too high to do any kind of regular WOP chain, but it does set opponents up to get a couple u-airs in (unless that opponent's dair beats Jigg's u-air); although, you're right that it doesn't set up for much.

Jiggs' forward smash does have good killing potential, it's not a bad smash, but it just takes too long to start, which enables your opponent to shield, avoid, or attack instead of getting hit. As for the up smash out of dashing, well... it's practically worthless with Jiggs. She doesn't slide far enough, and the smash has as laggy start up (like her others). I'm not saying her smashes should never be used, just that they should be used when you have enough set up time.

Help me help you.

rinoH

Smash Lord
good read g ill play you some time online cuz i decided i was going to main jiggs instead of pit now and i need to get good with her

rinoH

Smash Lord
if you want to send them in the air use the d-throw since it doesnt throw them up as high

__G__

Smash Cadet
Great Guys. I'm happy to play anyone online, as long as the connection quality is good. Just hit me up with a PM and I'll respond as soon as I can, or get my aim screen name, and we can arrange some matches online.

I just hope more people come to this thread and read the comments or ask questions or try to get involved in some way to make Jiggs a better character or these forums more diverse than wondering why no one knows how to play against Jiggs (hint: it's because no one ever plays her).

Keep it coming, my babies.

__G__

Smash Cadet
Here's another question G. How in the world do you deal with Pit?
lol. I knew this question would come up sooner or later. This is, by far, the toughest match I know of. My friend mains Pit and sometimes I cannot do a thing about him. However, recently, as I have been learning how to deal with him over time, I see myself doing much better.

Anyway, you have to stay close to Pit, but not too far away. Think of it as far enough away to not get hit by his smashes, but close enough so you can bair him in the face if he tries to shoot you with an arrow. Try to live in this area. The way to attack Pit is to aim high. Always try to bair/fair him in the head, as to avoid the brunt of his f-smash. However, I do not mean to say you should approach from above him, Pit's u-smash has too much reach. You really need to be great in spacing for this fight because Pit will shield and then f-smash/d-smash whenever he can, so you have to be out of his range - which isn't too hard with Jiggs' DI. Then, and here is the most important part, you have to be great at the dair to rest combo, because Pit will just not die sometimes. The best kill move I have found, is to pick your time, dair and then rest him when he's at about 60%. It should kill him, depending on the stage.

I suggest playing defensively for the most of this match, just staying in that mid-range area and going for an attack when you see the chance and then getting out of there. Of course, if you want to be more aggressive and always chase him, then i would suggest to be very weary of Pit's dair and u-air. Those things have such great priority and range that it makes it really tough to attack through them; same with his bair and fair, but just add that those are great killing moves, two of Pit's best.

It's especially tough because Pit is an aerial fighter too, but with great attacks from all his directions, he's stronger, and he can stay in the air longer. The best thing I can say about this fight is that you need to play it a lot so you can really get to know Pit - you'll probably lose a lot, but that has to happen, just try to learn from it. Experience and trial and error worked for me. Good luck to you, man.

All my concerns lie with characters like Pit, Wario, and - to a lesser extent - squirtle.

Good night, and good luck.

szh

Smash Rookie
How do I fight a Meta Knight... :p
He's faster and has better priority and range than Jigglypuff.
And he racks up damage fast, which sucks for me since Jigglypuff dies at the lowest percentages...

And some Marth/Ike advice too please. :p Ike destroys me in the air and on the ground...and you have to rest him at like 80+% for him to die.

Meh I suck :p

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Meta shuts down jiggly in a really disgusting manner because you don't have a fast ground game or any ground priority, and his upsmash really just ruins the hell out of any aerial attacks you can think of. He'll also beat you aerial vs. aerial every time. If you really need to win, you have to counterpick against a good meta, IMO.

Snake isn't as hard. Just gotta learn to kill him at 140% or so and not diminish your kill moves before then. A good trick against snake is just to roll behind him when he is about to f-tilt and jabcombo him. Don't challenge him from above due to u-tilt.

__G__

Smash Cadet
How do I fight a Meta Knight... :p

And some Marth/Ike advice too please.
MK is one of the tougher match-ups Jiggs has. MK wins with his speed, priority and attacks that can hit you when he's not even facing you. But, you can overcome the disadvantages with defensive playing. Shield grabbing and very well spaced aerials will win you the match. Also, if you may get lucky and get a good WOP from a back throw off the stage, but dont always chase it. It's an uphill battle, but possible. Also, if it comes up, Jiggs' pound beats MK's Mach Tornado, so keep that in mind.

What I have to tell you about Marth is almost the same strategy, and it will be for probably a lot of the characters with which Jiggs has trouble. Stay out of the sword range and still close enough to get a good bair/fair in after the f-smash, but watch out for those tippers. Devastating. Pound is a nice approach sometimes, and it sets him up for a couple more aerials, but be careful.

As for Ike, well, I love playing against the fatties (Ike, 3D, bowser, etc.). These characters are when Jiggs just goes all out. Yes, they are ungodly strong, but you ahve speed on your side and you have to use it. Do not let them get off smashes - or anything else for that matter. If you can get a hit off of Ike, then you can get more. If Ike goes off the stage, follow him and watch him, all his moves take a while and are noticeable when starting (except the bair, but when trying to get back to the stage, that most likely won't come out). If you want to take the hit, you can also just get in front of Ike's forward-b, which is usually his main way for getting back onto the stage. If it gets intercepted by you, then he'll just fall to his death. You just need to make sure it isn't going to kill you in the process (unless you're good with a trade lol).

Meta shuts down jiggly in a really disgusting manner because you don't have a fast ground game or any ground priority, and his upsmash really just ruins the hell out of any aerial attacks you can think of. He'll also beat you aerial vs. aerial every time. If you really need to win, you have to counterpick against a good meta, IMO.
This is true to some extent. Certainly, it will be taxing on you, maybe even a little frustrating, but a good, sound, Jiggs can beat MK. If she can beat Marth, she can beat MK. You just might have to change up the way you normally play.

I've been thinking of making a new thread just about the tougher Jiggs match-ups. If i keep getting questions, I'm sure I'll do it. But, then I also might just copy and paste what I have written here about some characters lol. Of course, that also depends on whether or not people would like me to, just let me know if you think I should, and it'll be the next thing I do.

I only love fatties in the Brawl world.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
lol. I knew this question would come up sooner or later. This is, by far, the toughest match I know of. My friend mains Pit and sometimes I cannot do a thing about him. However, recently, as I have been learning how to deal with him over time, I see myself doing much better.

Anyway, you have to stay close to Pit, but not too far away. Think of it as far enough away to not get hit by his smashes, but close enough so you can bair him in the face if he tries to shoot you with an arrow. Try to live in this area. The way to attack Pit is to aim high. Always try to bair/fair him in the head, as to avoid the brunt of his f-smash. However, I do not mean to say you should approach from above him, Pit's u-smash has too much reach. You really need to be great in spacing for this fight because Pit will shield and then f-smash/d-smash whenever he can, so you have to be out of his range - which isn't too hard with Jiggs' DI. Then, and here is the most important part, you have to be great at the dair to rest combo, because Pit will just not die sometimes. The best kill move I have found, is to pick your time, dair and then rest him when he's at about 60%. It should kill him, depending on the stage.

I suggest playing defensively for the most of this match, just staying in that mid-range area and going for an attack when you see the chance and then getting out of there. Of course, if you want to be more aggressive and always chase him, then i would suggest to be very weary of Pit's dair and u-air. Those things have such great priority and range that it makes it really tough to attack through them; same with his bair and fair, but just add that those are great killing moves, two of Pit's best.

It's especially tough because Pit is an aerial fighter too, but with great attacks from all his directions, he's stronger, and he can stay in the air longer. The best thing I can say about this fight is that you need to play it a lot so you can really get to know Pit - you'll probably lose a lot, but that has to happen, just try to learn from it. Experience and trial and error worked for me. Good luck to you, man.

All my concerns lie with characters like Pit, Wario, and - to a lesser extent - squirtle.

Good night, and good luck.
Thank you so much. I played an amazing Pit and I lost 40 times in a row. I really needed this. I had beat him when he was almost every opther character, but then he pulled out his main and I died.

About playing Marth, I found this much easier. Marth does have as great matchup but he is not nearly as fast as MK, so its easier to use well spaced aerials and rack up damage. Also, he is a great target to drill rest, so you only need around 80 damage to kill him. Finally, shield grabbing and faking approaches (stay out of his range until he commits, so you can try to get him to counter so you can grab him) work well.

Wolf is also a hard matchup but once again, a pound approach is nice. Unlike most matchups, I have found less spacing to be crucial to this match. Try to get closer and use neutral airs to start combos. Once he's off the ledge, his B-side normally is great but just use pound to stall them. Then try to grab the ledge right before he B-Ups. Unfortunately, your dair doesn't have priority over his B-up. Once again, though, wolf is easy to drill rest. This is because your dair gets priority over his U-smash if done right.

__G__

Smash Cadet
what about wolf
I agree with the guy above me for the most part, but with some additions. I actually spent a few hours playing Wolf the other day just so I could answer this question better. Anyway, to start, let me say that Wolf will beat you on the ground. If you get close to him, he can use any of his smashes or his laser to attack you, if you try to attack him with a fair/bair and then land away from him, Wolf can follow that up with a forward smash before you have a chance to dodge or shield, and if you stay away from him, he can laser spam you (something you cannot duck under as with Falco).

These things being said, if you stay in the air, you should be able to beat him. If you just keep jumping after a fair/bair attack, you should stay out of his range (but be careful, if you're too close to him, he will u-smash you). I suggest staying away from him on the ground, shielding what you can and following it up with a nair out of shield (trying to get him off the ledge), or getting him into the air with a throw. Then, once Wolf is in the air, you should be able to gimp him or get some u-air combos or even a WOP if you're lucky. The best thing about this matchup is Wolf's crappy recovery. If you can manage to get him off the stage and then follow it up by stopping his recovery a couple times, he should be at a loss.

As for the pound approach, I can't recommend doing it as a regular thing. Yes, it does have great priority and reach, but if you miss, you are way too wide open. Your opponent can even shield and come back with a f-smash. There are just too many, much more negative, possibilities if you miss/get shielded. The best approach, if you want to play aggressively, would have to be short hopped, fast fallen fairs/bairs. This approach is a little hard to get used to and probably even harder to do in actual stressful situations, but you're only going to get out of Jiggs what you put into her.

Again, send me PMs or just ask me on this thread if you want me to make a new thread purely about Jiggs matchups. I am willing to do whatever you guys need to improve your Jiggs game, but you gotta let me know.

Lastly, while wifi matches are fun, they are sometimes too laggy. I just had one with a memeber of these forums and I had about a second of delay after a pressed button. So, I might not be able to show you how I play Jiggs, but I'll still be willing to be a punching bag for your Jiggs and then talk to you on AIM about your playstyle and try to give you any tips I can.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
great to see sombdoy offering advice so invisible cookie for you :bee:

my match up problems are snake and believe it or not jiggs any great advice oh human jiggs wiki :laugh:

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Yea, I definitely agree. I have found that his U-smash is not that effective because it loses to Jigglypuff's dair, but I definitely agree with everything you posted. Thank you for making a much more in depth guide to killing wolf.

__G__

Smash Cadet
great to see sombdoy offering advice so invisible cookie for you :bee:

my match up problems are snake and believe it or not jiggs any great advice oh human jiggs wiki :laugh:
First off, "human Jiggs wiki" is probably one of the best names I have ever been given. Thank you for making me seem important because I know how to play Jiggs.

Now, lets get into it - playing Jiggs dittos is just silly. There is nothing special to do for this match, you know what moves to watch out for, and you know what moves you're going to use. If you have trouble with this match, it's because you're not used to playing against Jiggs, or because your opponent is faster than you with button pressing. That's almost what it totally boils down to: quick fingers. I, of course, also have to mention the metagame of each player, but with Jiggs, you really don't get a lot of variation, so I don't think mindgames will have much of an effect.

Snake, on the other hand, is annoying as hell to fight. Everything you're used to with chasing the person into the air now becomes something you don't want to do. The reasoning behind this is that Snake's aerials have longer range, more strength, and higher priority than Jiggs'. Even better, if Snake uses his up-b, on account of his super armor, you will not be able to fair him into death unless he's at a high percentage. Also, if you get knocked away, Snake is able to toss out almost any attack to follow up. So, in short, my strategy for Snake is to mainly stay on the ground.

While on the ground, however, you must be weary of his triple-a attack, his dash attack, his f-tilt (which hits twice), and any explosives that he has set around the stage - which is probably going to be bad for you because the five neutral stages are all pretty small, which makes those bombs slightly hard to avoid sometimes. Those are his best weapons when on the ground. Snake's smashes are good too, but the f-smash is hard to get hit by since it takes so long to start (he probably won't even use it unless you're sleeping or he's really prepared for you to be somewhere), and the up-smash is usually pretty easy to avoid with an air dodge (even with his smash boosting and with lots of them being thrown up).

To attack Snake, spacing and getting a couple bairs/fairs is how you should play as to stay away from his damaging attacks. Attack while floating around at his head level so you can avoid any explosives on the ground and the first part of his tilt. Luckily, Snake, like Ike, is someone who you can start hitting and keep hitting.

Pretty simple strategy against him, just with a lot of disadvantages and things you gotta watch out for.

It's tough, but, after all, it's a balloon fighting a snake.

∫unk

Smash Master
Guys, G is the ****ing truth. He actually WoP in Brawl even through all the air dodging crap.

Vouch for him... we'll see about that Marth matchup though.

Top Bottom