• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone have the SSBB guide book?

themastaofbrawl64

Smash Cadet
Wow, it almost seems like a kid wrote this thing. It has spelling errors {instead of mario it says maria}, and it treats fox, falco, and wolf like they're almost the same. There are more complaints that i have, but i won't get into that because that is what i made this thread for.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, I got it and I only liked it for like the first 5 days I had it because all of the advanced strategies in there are really easy to pull off, as well as obvious. Now that guide is buried in my closet somewhere... The only good things that came out of it are

1. It helped me start out the game since this was the first SSBB that I have actually tried to raise my skill level to a point where I could compete in tourneys (although I haven't been in one yet, I don't know of any n chicago so far...)

2. It kind of helped me in Adventure Mode... let me stress the KIND OF

3. (the best thing it did) It referred me to this website :):)

*edit* I see that you copied and pasted my (or someone else who has the same sig as me) sig into yours...

themastaofbrawl64

Smash Cadet
*edit* I see that you copied and pasted my (or someone else who has the same sig as me) sig into yours...
It wasn't yours, i know that for sure.

the guide i have is the premier edition prima guide by Brian Dawson, i don't know how high cap. falcon is ranked, but he says that king ddd is the top tier, or the strongest character in the game.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Prima guide, that one's it. According to its stat rankings, Captain Falcon (who got a 10 in defense) is among the Top 7 (3-7) in the game.

phuxed

Smash Rookie
I only bought it to be a collectors item, never even took off the plastic covering.

I heard it was pretty hilarious, but then again, aren't they always for these kinds of games?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I personally found Prima's supposed "Official" Guides to be crap. And then Nintendo Power, or so I heard, has stopped making their guides. So, uh, yeah. They make mistakes like this. All of the time. I doubt you can find one without mistakes.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I found problems with it too. the +s

1: helps with SSE

2: reference to this site (good thing too, the three pages on P Trainer didn't help me at all)

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
the guide told useless strategies with characters
i knew most of this
and some of the stats were major lies (c. falcon 10 defense?)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
the only thing the Prima guide was good for was to see if all the characters that I wanted would be in Brawl this happened BTW before Brawl was released

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
All the Prima guides I have interacted with are pure nonsense, with wrong information lots of the times. My friend has the guide, the most complex thing it has in there is DI. (Crazy...) I'm pretty sure that's the one that rates C. Falcon 7/10. The guy who wrote it acts like he knows a lot but the whole guide is just a bunch of obvious information.

(No offense to C. Falcon players, he's awesome and his pink suit is hot XD. No offense if you use the guide, I actually think it has some good tips, for SSE. If you still use the guide for purposes to better yourself at fights, start actually looking at this site!) ( No offense!)

phuxed

Smash Rookie
Maybe if your guide was handwritten by Sakurai it'd be a collectors item.
I should rephrase, a personal collectors item. I've always had a fink for collecting strategy guides. I have like 300 of the stupid things, in mint condition dating back to at least 1997.

Stupid yes, why do I do it? No idea.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Prima knows way more about Smash then you guys. I have no idea why these people in the Smash Back Room are making the tier list anyways. They have zero credibility unlike Prima.

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Prima knows way more about Smash then you guys. I have no idea why these people in the Smash Back Room are making the tier list anyways. They have zero credibility unlike Prima.
Butthurt from anti-Brawlism, I presume?
Support your argument and people wouldn't wish you'd die in a fire.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Fox, Falco and Wolf ARE almost the same

Ya, about that... NO THEY AREN'T!!!!!! sorry, lost my temper 4 a second... alright then, well, about how they are different:

1fox can't spike
2wolf's blaster stuns, and the claw thing on it does damage at close range
3wolf's </>b goes up in the air
4wolf's landmaster is shorter time-wise, but more powerful I think
5I don't think wolf can infinite his a combo and fox and falco can
6falco's reflector is a projectile
7falco and wolfs laser require you to wait longer than fox's in between blasts

There are more differences but I am too lazy to complete this, if someone else wants to, feel free...:chuckle:

Charizard92

Smash Champion
The guide had absolutely no Idea about the theory that type advantage works on the P Trainer, and it is very clear that he used Mario as the standard to test weight and Mario to test the Strength of the F smash. I mean come on, some characters best KO moves aren't even their F smash (Ivysaur and Fox need to KO upwards for example).

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
I didn't buy this, thankfully. I heard from a friend that it's one of the biggest jokes ever. Basically the entire "strategy" says to "Get close, hit, and retreat".

BTW any guide that ranks Falcon higher than worst is pathetic.

Newskool

Smash Cadet
My friend has that, all I remember is that under ddd, it says something along the lines of, "DeDeDe has many strengths, but one big weakness- He's very tough to KO due to his great recovery."

Hilarity ensued.

Agi

Smash Lord
The complete list

For anyone who wants the rankings for your fave characters, here we go...
Bowser: 7
Captain Falcon: 8
Diddy: 8
DK: 6
Falco: 7
Fox: 6
Game & Watch: 6
Ganondorf: 6
Ice Climbers: 6
Ike: 7
Jigglypuff: 7
King Dedede: 7
Kirby: 5
Link: 7
Lucario: 7
Lucas: 7
Luigi: 6
Mario: 7
Marth: 9 (High Score)
Meta Knight: 6
Ness: 7
Olimar: 5
Peach: 8
Pikachu: 5
Pit: 7
Pokemon Trainer: 7
ROB: 6
Samus: 6
Shiek: 7
Snake: 8
Sonic: 8
Toon Link: 8
Wario: 5
Wolf: 8
Yoshi: 5
Zelda: 6
Zero Suit Samus: 7

All in alphabetical order. Salvaged this from my locked thread.

Top Bottom