• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone have the SSBB guide book?

Agi

Smash Lord
This is a kinda res. post while i go drag out my guide = S ...and subscribe, since i keep forgetting = S = S = S
found it.
Okay, Here we go...
On "General Strategies", meant to help a Dedede user:

King Dedede has many advantages, but he also has one big disadvantage: He's very difficult to KO due to his recovery ability.

...Wait, what???

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's like they rushed to make it. They mispelled Will as "Wil". they also mispelled a few other things. And what annoys me most is that they call the Falcon Flyer the Blue Falcon. Is Prima retarted?! Now all of the kids that are new to Nintendo will think that is official.

And if you read the character section, it pretty much says the same thing for how to beat every character; "Stay close. Don't let your enemy get into thier fighting game. Blah Blah I'm useless." Well, no duh! It just keeps restating the obvious for every matchup.

Phht.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I personally found Prima's supposed "Official" Guides to be crap. And then Nintendo Power, or so I heard, has stopped making their guides. So, uh, yeah. They make mistakes like this. All of the time. I doubt you can find one without mistakes.
Yeah, I hate Prima. I have their Animal Crossing (original) guide, it is horrible. There are spelling errors, and for every holiday (Thanksgiving, Toy Day, Halloween, you name it) it tells you that you get an item if you've kept your town nice all year. That's not true for any holiday. I've had bad experiences with other guides of theirs as well.

Prima knows way more about Smash then you guys. I have no idea why these people in the Smash Back Room are making the tier list anyways. They have zero credibility unlike Prima.
...Are you kidding? Like, seriously?
Prima sucks at strategy guides. I'm sure I could write up a better guide than them. The people in the Smash BRoom may not be part of some company but...at least they aren't idiots.

Everything>Prima guide
Fixed.

My friend has that, all I remember is that under ddd, it says something along the lines of, "DeDeDe has many strengths, but one big weakness- He's very tough to KO due to his great recovery."

Hilarity ensued.
Wow, that's an epic failure. Honestly, do they have copy editors? That in addition to the "Maria" mistake just shows that they clearly don't work that hard on their guides, or they don't have copy editors.

I was in FYE a while ago and I saw the Brawl guide and picked it up to read it, just to see what was in it...yeah, it was pretty facepalm-worthy. They said Lucario had a bad recovery because his Extremespeed can only go straight up. I'm sure a 5 year-old could figure out that you can go in different directions.

I believe they also made a pretty lulzy mistake on Samus's page, but I can't remember it...maybe someone who owns the guide knows.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
Yeah, I hate Prima. I have their Animal Crossing (original) guide, it is horrible. There are spelling errors, and for every holiday (Thanksgiving, Toy Day, Halloween, you name it) it tells you that you get an item if you've kept your town nice all year. That's not true for any holiday. I've had bad experiences with other guides of theirs as well.
LMAO I have that guide too. I love their whole story on the stinky:) guy.

Top Bottom