• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

_clinton

Smash Master
Aha, I thought so. This was actually the same in Melee, or at least it was easier to hit the super sweetspot that way. Someone should put this in one of our other threads.

Seeing everything that has been said, I honestly think we should go with what the majority of the people agree upon, and that would be 55:45 in favor of Peach. They're pretty even, it's just that Peach has more to work with in general than Ness does against her. If either side knows the matchup well, then it looks very even.
I don't see how Peach has more to work with in general when fighting Ness...why do people say that when they want to say their character is better?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Seems edreese retired so won't really keep up to date with this thread. Someone needs to take over this thread and change the topic every week. and rick write up the summary.

gantrain05

Smash Master
WHAA?> when did edreese retire? and what do you mean by retire? like just stopped maintaining this thread or he just doesn't play smash anymore?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I don't really play anymore..life got busy. I haven't been to a tournament in about 2 months now, whereas I used to go every week. Who wants the thread? Someone who is cool headed, please. Whoever wants it and thinks they can maintain it better than I did please post and I'll decide who is best.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Rick said he'd be up for it. He'll run it well.

It's also sad to see you go Edreeses. :(

But we lubs you and we'll be here any time you stop by. <3

gantrain05

Smash Master
well now that edreese is gone, peach will probably be knocked back down into low tier =( i guess this means all of the rest of us peach mains gotta step up our game in honor of edreese!

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
New ownership. Discussion for potential ideas?

As of today, I know have control over the OP of this thread. Thanks again Edreese. Good luck with things out there

@Everyone else - I'll do my best to make things as good as they can and do as a good a job as Edreese did when he was still in charge. However, your help is needed

I've made a few adjustments to the OP by adding a reminder about the ownership switch (I accidently deleted that picture of Peach as well :x d'oh)

I want to go over a few things ideas I've had about what we could do. First of all - How does everyone feel about the way the match ups are presented? Is it readable? Anything we like/dislike about it? Any positive changes we could make to improve the presentation/readability?

There's also the issue of match ups covered. I propose these ideas but if anyone else has some good ideas please let me know

- Should we take a break from discussing every character and go back to characters already discussed that we feel have changed?

- Should we carry on as normal and cover all the match ups before re-visiting any covered match ups?

Any ideas and the like should be posted here or on my profile. Thankyou :) Keep up the good work everyone! Let's all strive to make Peach better!

gantrain05

Smash Master
well i think we should continue on and get matchups done for every char before we go back and revisit ones we already did, that way we can have at least a general knowledge of every character, the olimar boards keep going back and revisiting chars they already did and it feels like they aren't getting anywhere.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I say we should revisit the first matchups. ESPECIALLY since all those characters are the ones that REALLY need to be re-discussed since they're mainly SS, S, A, B, C/D tier. The rest can wait.

And also, remove that Llamacario thing xD.
I'd make the characters name more noticeable, probably a larger font...it's kinda confusing.
Videos are also missing.

And I can't think of anything more.

Rickerdy, his name is Edrees not EdressE xD

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I want to go over a few things ideas I've had about what we could do. First of all - How does everyone feel about the way the match ups are presented? Is it readable? Anything we like/dislike about it? Any positive changes we could make to improve the presentation/readability?
I like the format for the match-ups. It's good - except most of the good info is in the quotes, and some characters, like Dedede, don't have any.

And about revisiting old characters, I think we should finish up the cast before redoing any. Or even make separate "Official Match-up Revision" threads during dull character weeks.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I've been having a look through other match up threads to give me some ideas...

I like the idea of removing the quotes. As great as they are, most of the good info is locked up in them...and most people probably won't want to file through a bunch of quotes. My only concern is that credit might not me recognized to those who participated...unless I put their names at the end? Yea that sounds ok (hopefully)

I'm going to keep most things the same apart excluding the quotes bit. I'm also going to write a detailed summary for each character to go with each character and I was wondering what everyone thought about having a nice picture to go with it - like the ones Edreese used to post at the top of the OP

Also, does anyone know what's causing the first page to stretch so much? It's a bit of a pain trying to read everything/sort stuff out

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Yikes, I knew I would miss out something. Early days I guess...thanks for pointing that out

I want to get my summaries of characters as spot on as I can so that means I'm going to have to file through all the ones that have been covered that don't have any kind of write up done. Might take a while

Let's get the ball rolling and make this week Link

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
hmmm idk what to rate this one, but Link can be very annoying when hes playing keep away by camping, couple that w/ his sword and Zair and he can keep Peach out kinda well. the fight evens out when you manage to close in on him cause hes not that fast and almost just as comboable as a fatty. also gimping Link can be very fun, RC anyone? maybe 50:50?

the only trouble i have fighting a Link is closing in, once im there the fight becomes much easier.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I agree with jigglyzelda once you're in, you're really in. Peach beats him pretty bad up close. The only problem is, Link's DI is very good. He can recover from a lot of things surprisingly well. But I'm convinced Peach can gimp him quite well. It takes one well placed Z dropped turnip offstage to put him in a tricky position.

Does a Z dropped turnip go through his up b? Could be useful to know...

I don't know about matchup scores =( But I'm thinking dead even right, possibly leaning in favour of Peach. But this is with bias, considering I don't play Link at all.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Thx for doing Link Rick :D (just wanted to see what the peach boards thought of my 2 mains facing each other)

Personally I reckon that this is 55-45 in Peach's favour. Just coz of Link's tier placing doesn't mean Peach owns him. Peach finds it hard to approach Link and hard to turnip spam. The dair approach is not as good on Link as it is against other characters coz Link's up tilt out prioritizes Peach's Dair and has a large range. However it's very slow so by all means use the dair to make combos but don't make it predictable. Unless link is very close don't toad his projectiles (it may be obvious but I've seen Peaches do it) coz it leaves you exposed. If you do get a dair in then you can make some decent damaging which is very hard for Link to escape. A lot of Link's like to spam their projectiles similar to toon link. If they do that I would keep a turnip in hand and make good use of rolling and floating to get in close.

When u get link off stage make good use of it. Try dropping a turnip or floating and nair/bair. Peach has many different gimping methods and Link has a rubbish recovery. Both of these mean If you get him off stage you can kill him at ridiculousky low %ages especially becoz of FDs lip (This has happened to my link many times Dx).

I may chip in sumfink more later ;)

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'd place it as 60-40 Peach. This is based of tournament experience.

While getting inside is something of a problem, once you're inside you completly wreck. He's like Falco, but with easier-to-deal with projectiles and worse close combat options.

And that recovery...
If you can manage throwing him off stage for three matches, you win. :bee:

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Links do not come to smashboards anymore and especially do not go to the Link character discussion.

Sorry meno but nobody will see your new thread..

The entire community has moved to....well look at my sig.

If you want info on this match up from the best Link mains (Arkive Legan Deva) and others you'll make a thread there.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
but i asked shintwist and he told me that he didn't care if i stayed at smashboards and posted on other boards just not the link boards. This isn't the link boards so he said u weren't trying to stop us posting here...

While getting inside is something of a problem, once you're inside you completly wreck. He's like Falco, but with easier-to-deal with projectiles and worse close combat options.

And that recovery...
If you can manage throwing him off stage for three matches, you win. :bee:
But the fact of the matter is it's extremely hard to dodge some of link's combinations of projectiles and he is pretty powerful so you have to be on ur toes...

sasook

Smash Champion
It's not a problem posting here, Chandy, Shin is correct and you are right in understanding what he said. It's just that most of the Link mains are Link purists, so they don't bother checking the SWF Link boards because they're all at AiB.

I don't have much to say about this matchup, it's pretty even IMO. Offstage, Peach wins, onstage, Link spaces.

And utilt is NOT slow, to whoever said that earlier. It's one of his fastest moves.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
whoever said link can recover suprisingly well because of Link mains' DI skills, i give u a cookie. Gimping link is a simple matter of hitting him with a turnip, thats really all it takes. The mistake i see most people do when they send link far offstage, they think he wont recover and so they just stand there and do a taunt as link recovers successfully XD

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
yeah Links not Ivy so while you don't have to work too hard at gimping him its also not as simple as Fair> side taunt all day.

i find Walking and SHADing works to close in best on Link, floating towards him is completely out of the question, next best thing could be ride his boomerange(dependant on the Link). Turnips can open up some interesting approach options like OoS glide toss after blocking a projectile.

is it true that all the Link mains have gone to AiB, it sounds almost unbelievable?

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I love Riding Link's Boomerang with a Peach Bomber. XD

Anyway, my two cents is that the matchup is close to 55:45 favor por Peach. Link has a sword, so it force's Peach in a more defensive standing. But Link's Projectiles are a bit problematic for camping and defensive play, especially when Peach's projectiles are thrown items like Link's Bombs. Fortunately, Peach can glidetoss, which Link only has item boost, so there's some silver lining there.

Watch spacing, which I think is the most important thing when facing a Link because you need to stay somewhere were you won't be pelleted by projectiles, yet close enough so that you do fall prey to his sword attacks. I think playing Ivysaur really helps since Ivysaur's range against most opponents seem to be at the kind of range which Peach should be to Link.

Off stage, it's not too difficult to edgegaurd him. I don't really try to gimp Link with Fair since Link's sword is quicker than most believe, so either do a Bair, or come from the top during a jump. Try to footstool him or come down with a Dair since Link has very little option if he's trying to get back on stage and the opponent is coming at him since his Uair is so long that he can't necessarily risk the attack lest he might die from the fall.

Top Bottom