• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Little Devil

Smash Cadet
I just played some matches against my friendy Peach. If Link manages to catch one of those turnips, he can do mad things and combos with them. Doing everything he could do with a bomb, adding the ability of recatching it and no time limit. He can do all but few moves even with the turnip, then throw, catch it and repeat. So watch out!

chandy

Smash Journeyman
I just played some matches against my friendy Peach. If Link manages to catch one of those turnips, he can do mad things and combos with them. Doing everything he could do with a bomb, adding the ability of recatching it and no time limit. He can do all but few moves even with the turnip, then throw, catch it and repeat. So watch out!
He can only do bombslides which isn't that much considering that u can do a lot of those movements by glidetossing & it only takes a shield to make the turnip disappear so I don't see much to watch out for :/ )

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Guys, I'm doing the PT write up but I can't find the final agreed values. I think Squirtle was a definate 55-45 and Charizard was something like 45-55/50-50 but numbers for Ivysaur were being tossed around like pancakes. Someones said 60-40 whereas other people have said stuff like 90-10 O.o

Someone wanna confirm the final numbers for all 3 for me?

Edit: And is it invincibility frames or super armour frames that Charizards Rock Smash has?

And can someone highlight stuff for me for Peach dittos? I've got stuff like space with Fair, use lots of Turnips, counter Glide Tossing by throwing Turnips in the air/Floating Dair, predict Toad etc...anyone got any other good ones?

P.S Bowser is done. Ness and Lucas (urgh) are on their way. Quotes will added to all the match ups done once the write ups are finished. I'm still after some good videos btw :) Any takers?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Guys, I'm doing the PT write up but I can't find the final agreed values. I think Squirtle was a definate 55-45 and Charizard was something like 45-55/50-50 but numbers for Ivysaur were being tossed around like pancakes. Someones said 60-40 whereas other people have said stuff like 90-10 O.o

Someone wanna confirm the final numbers for all 3 for me?

And can someone highlight stuff for me for Peach dittos? I've got stuff like space with Fair, use lots of Turnips, counter Glide Tossing by throwing Turnips in the air/Floating Dair, predict Toad etc...anyone got any other good ones?

P.S Bowser is done. Ness and Lucas (urgh) are on their way. Quotes will added to all the match ups done once the write ups are finished. I'm still after some good videos btw :) Any takers?
Leave the Peach ditto to me. I'll have that then in less than a week, have a big tournament 2morrow to get ready for in N.Y. and some other life stuff to deal with.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Everybody plays Kirby in secret. We're all spoiled :[
AH HAAAA!!

All you peaches bashed on me for moving to Kirby, and when I come back you look at me with shame!

AND NAO IT IZ U WHO I LOOK AT WITH SHAME!

SHAME ON YE!

Sky`

Smash Lord
I think its 55-45 in falcos favor..have u ever even heard of a peach beating a top falco player ever??
No. =/

I actually haven't. I'm 2/3 with SK92 in a MM. =/

Falco is just a hard matchup, for me I suppose. But In no way is it even. No way.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Sky learn to multi quote lol

Umm, can't Peach do the same?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Ricky are you gonna reorder the matchups cause they seem kinda jumbled up to me. its like

done
mess
clean
mess
mess
N/A
coming soon...

just wondering,even though it is in alphabetical order

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Sure I can. I was actually waiting for the matchup numbers in here. Now that you're completing them I can update it.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ricky are you gonna reorder the matchups cause they seem kinda jumbled up to me. its like

done
mess
clean
mess
mess
N/A
coming soon...

just wondering,even though it is in alphabetical order
I might do. I've been kind of against completely altering the way Edreese set this out because he worked hard to get this sorted out in the first place. It's also how Excel_Zero's match up section is set out too

Not everything is finished yet anyway. I'm doing my best to get them all sorted out. I need to add quotes and stuff, I still need to finish write ups for Ivysaur, Squirtle, Ness, Lucas, Zelda and Peach dittos, I need to check everythings in order and I also need to start looking at things I can put in the Link match up and I'm trying to think more carefully about the stuff I can put in the write ups concerning the match ups which didn't get as much discussion, mainly Ness, Lucas and Zelda. I also need to think about who we are going to re discuss and how we're going to do it and I've still got to file through all the posts on the thread incase I missed anything important whilst finding where the discussions ended and started. I'm visiting other character boards to see what they've put for Peach so I can clarify any conflicting data and check some of the match up scores that are different. I'm also going to try and get links working for each match up so you can go straight to the beginning of the discussion for that match up

If anyone has any suggestions on how I can make the thread better, please do say so. Examples of what you would do would be great as well. If people could read the match up write ups on match ups they excel in/know very well and give me a hand, that would be even better because there are quite a few match ups like Falco and G&W which I am clueless about and they're some of the more important ones

Cheers Dekuu, that'll be great :)

Could someone tell me what we agreed on for all 3 of PKT's Pokémon and what the result was in the end? I still need to put in match up numbers

Edit: Also -

Ok guys, in an attempt to make the match up thread as good as it can be, I'm looking for videos to fill in the videos part of each write up. So far, Diddy Kong is the only one that has any videos in it and I'd really like to get some good videos in all the other sections. If anyone can post me some good match up examples on here or the match up thread, I'd greatly appreciate it. I will however ask that:

-They are recent(ish). I don't want any really old videos because they may not accurately represent the match up...unless the match up hasn't changed at all (which I doubt it will have done)

-Both players show good examples of what each side is capable of. Unless it's a really good/bad match up and it shows why, I don't think videos of Peach's 3 stocking their younger siblings MetaKnight is a good example of how a match up works

-As much as I'm shooting myself in the foot here, I'm probably not going to accept Wi Fi videos unless the lag is very good (like around green dot for example). Sorry :/ I'll make exceptions if there wasn't much lag/if it shows something that can be applied offline

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
oh yea i see, hmm maybe cause the characters are just their heads it seems cluttered together too me that way. especially when some matchups are still not done, or in editing. maybe you could put larger pictures of the characters to sort it out better.

i'd like to put vids, but i don't have a camera.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
All three of PKT's Pokémon have write ups now. I'm going to create a seperate section for PKT himself when numbers are finalised for both him and Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard

Also...Whilst I was looking at the Ice Climbers section, I noticed that poor old Popo was by himself

:popo: :nana: Like so

So I made a Nana xD

It's been difficult getting to work with the OP but...check it out :D

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Ricky, on Charizard, you probably want to take out that Charizard has strong D throw. Realistically, on players with smart DI (Meaning going upward) Dthrow doesn't kill at all, and Charizard has better chances on killing with Uthrow or Bthrow. Also, Charizard has amazing Gimp abilities thanks to Fair since it hits at a very slight downward angle, so I would add that in as well. Oh, and Flamethrower is a great for Charizard since his flamethrower is infinity better than Bowser's in almost every way, so watch out for a flamethrower edgeguard, and the tactic of reducing an opponent's shield with Flamethrower and finishing a weak shield with Rocksmash.

On Charizard, I say it's 55-45 favor por Peach

On Ivysaur, watch out for her Nair because it actually has pretty good priority and spikes opponents downward on the tip, leading to a free Bullet seed on landing. Ivysaur's pivot grab is one of the best overall, so watch out for that. And watch out when approaching Ivyaur from above since UpB has crazy sniping range and can kill pretty well on sweetspot.

Ivysaur's match-up is more 60:40 favor por Peach in my opinion.

Squirtle, you didn't seem to mention Shellshifting or shelldancing. It leads to pivot grabs and pivot attacks which extend Squirtle's range by alot, so I would add that in as well. I know it may seem weird at first, but Squirtle's watergun is a bad enemy against Peach. Since Peach relies a lot of floating, and precise positioning on it, Watergun will push Peach back, but also when angled, Watergun will actually lift or descend Peach's float, and she has no friction in the air while floating so she suffers from almost full knockback on watergun, messing up Peach's float game and possibly her recovery.

Squritle pretty much is a solid 55-45 Peach it seems.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Yes, I do second Pokemon trainer. =P

Another thing that is good favor for Peach is that Hydroplanes and shellshifting in general doesn't give Squirtle any invincibility at all. If you study Squirtle's pattern and exactly when he initiates a hydroplane, Peach can actually grab him or counter attack. Squirtle gains no invincibility at all, and just moves really fast across the screen.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Zelda write done. PT (lol) section made

Zelda is done and I've created a Pokémon Trainer section on the OP :p Be sure to take a look. I've made some adjustments to Squirtle/Charizard regarding Hydroplaning and stuff (I wasn't too sure what to put though)

Everyone has quotes now! Well, everyone except the characters that are definitly up for re discussion, all of which are in yellow. The only 'old discussion' character with quotes that have recently been put in is DeDeDe and I don't think much has changed to warrant a re discussion (unless anyone thinks otherwise). I'm quite happy with the way the match up thread is looking now. How does everyone else feel about it? Any adjustments I could make?

I've only got Ness, Lucas and Peach dittos to do though. I'll get them done soon I promise. Although Dark did say he wanted to write something about Peach dittos so I'll wait until he's done whatever he wants to do before I do the write up

There hasn't been a right lot of discussion for Link and no one in their match up thread on AiB seemed to pay much attention to my export (thankyou Meno for makinga more successful one :)). The write up for Link will be done soon

Also, I have decided that I'm going to make individual threads regarding match up re discussions in order to avoid clustering on this thread. I hope no mods mind that. I've got a decent idea on who I'll do first and after that so yea. Unless anyone has any good suggestions/personal requests that is. When does everyone think we should do the re discussions? After we've finished all the characters or during weeks where there's not much to say about the current match up discussion (like this one)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
The Link write up is done. Looks like everything is covered. Anyone got any requests for the next match up? It's nearly time to change

Just as a reminder, here is a list of who we still need to do:

-Captain Falcon, although Dekuu did give us an interesting write up on Falcon earlier in the thread xD
-Ganondorf
-Ike
-Jigglypuff
-Luigi
-Mario
-Samus
-Yoshi

I have also decided that I'm going to start up Peach Weekly Match-Up Rediscussions this week. You can find out who we're doing by visiting that thread. Each character will have a seperate thread so as to avoid cluster. These rediscussion may last longer than a week but that doesn't matter. It'll get things going

gantrain05

Smash Master
you guys suck =( i just got ***** by Legans Link at NO KOAST, i had no idea how to handle link lol, so he beat me 2-1, maybe its cuz i don't know the matchup very well, but it seemed to me link had plenty of tools to fight peach im giving this one a 50-50.

kujibiki57

Smash Cadet
-Like all of Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon, Ivysaur suffers from fatigue. Whenever a fresh Pokémon is sent in, the Pokémon will have exactly 2:00 minutes until they become tired and fatigued. Whenever the Pokémon performs a Smash Attack, Aerial Attack, Special Move, or Tilt Attacks, exactly 0:01 second will be removed from the Pokemon’s current 2:00 timer. Running, Walking, Jumping, and Throwing has no effect on the timer. Fatigue reduces the attack power and knockback of moves
So you mean that the Pokémon can execute 120 attacks and then they get Fatigued?

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
So you mean that the Pokémon can execute 120 attacks and then they get Fatigued?
Maximum, though remember that time still passes, so basically if squirtle does a Fsmash in one second, you lost one stamina with time, and 1 stamina by doing the attack. However, Pokemon trainer isn't effected much by fatigue since the pokemon still move at the same speed as they would fresh, and pretty much everything is just as it is except in damage and knockback.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Gantrain did you nave trouble w/ the zoning? and how did you do up close? also did you ban Norfair?
well i basically had no idea what to expect from a really good link, he basically ***** my zoning with his bombs and Zair mindgames, i somehow managed to almost win but man. link can be scary when you don't know what your doing, and also no, i didn't ban norfair, i didn't know what was a good ban against link so i just banned corneria cuz i suck on it. i took him to jungle japes and beat him there, and then he came back and destroyed me on smashville =/

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
you guys suck =( i just got ***** by Legans Link at NO KOAST, i had no idea how to handle link lol, so he beat me 2-1, maybe its cuz i don't know the matchup very well, but it seemed to me link had plenty of tools to fight peach im giving this one a 50-50.
You'll get ***** without knowing the matchup. Powershield through the projectiles, get in close, dthrow CG if you can get a grab, dair if you can't. Peach gimps him horribly once he's offstage.

You give it 50-50 not knowing the matchup :/ matchup threads are assumed highest level once both people know the matchup.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Change time. I think we'll just go with Jigglypuff if everyones cool with that. There's been a few requests to do her and there's already been some talk about her before
Jiggs is serious business.

Whe you're fighitng something that spends more time in the air then yourself, you know this is going to be a pretty fun matchup. ^^

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Yes finally!!!

I'd say this match up is either 45-55 Peach or 50-50

Jigglypuff is much harder than she looks despite her nerfs from her transition to Brawl from Melee. WoP is still good, Rest still kills fairly early, and she has a fantastic recovery.

Our ground game pretty much dominates hers, Jab to Ftilt is probably one of out best killers here due to her being so light. KOing with Peach isnt as much of a problem as it is with other characters (Snake, Dedede). At the start of the match most Peach's like to Dair into Uair or Nair and follow up. Dair isnt nearly as effective against Jigglypuff because she can DI out of it very well and punish with an aerial, Rest, etc. Jigglypuff's superior aerial movement allows her to space attacks fairly easy, most Jigglypuff's will be throwing out Bairs at you by weaving in and out. Pound is a pretty good way to deal with Peach's float because of it's annoying priority. WATCH OUT for Dair to Rest combo! This is a true combo in Brawl, but in order for it to work Jigglypuff must land her Dair in a certain way so you trip. When you're percent is over 75% watch out for this and keep your eyes opened for it. Also, be cautious when you're on the ledge, Jigglypuff can Sing cancel on the ledge and put you to sleep if you're in range and land land a free Rest on you. Her smash attacks are actually pretty strong because they'll be super fresh throughout the match since most Jigglypuff users stick to her aerial game, her Dsmash sends opponents at a very downward angle but Peach shouldn't fear this too much because of her good horizontal recovery. Dont be afraid of her tilts except maybe Utilt since it KOs pretty early, and her dash attack. Her dash attack has deceptively nice knockback to it and can kill if you're close to the edge. When recovering be wise, Jigglypuff can WoP us and make it back to the stage with Pound. Fortunately for us Parasol works wonders here, since it's pretty fast and has hitboxes all over her body. However you're pretty vulnerable when you drift back to the stage. For stages her best is Jungle Japes as is ours, so it could be pretty even there. I'd suggest GreenGreens or maybe any other stages with relatively small blast zones, ALSO be very careful if you're on stages like Delfino where there's water. Jigglypuff can use Rest and she'll wake up right when she touches the water.

Jigglypuff
What to watch out for:
  • Dair > Rest combo (can sheild if you dont trip)
  • WoP off and on stage
  • Rest on stages with water (Delfino Plaza)
  • Fair (MAJOR killer)
  • DACUS
  • Fsmash and Dash attack is a great killer
  • Her superior aerial movement allows her to space attacks nicely
  • Good recovery
  • Rollout!! This move DOES NOT need to be fully charged to kill!

Bans:
  • Jungle Japes possibly
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Norfair
  • Stages with lots of water

Counterpicks:
  • Green Greens
  • Almost any stage with small blast zones

Misc:
  • Rest comes out on frame 2
  • Jigglypuff can DI multihit attacks fairly well and use Rest
  • Her Dair has slight disjointed range in the front of the kicks
  • Can use aerial movement, Rollout, and Pound to recover
  • Rising Pound can be used to aid in recovery, it gives her a slight boost upwards, can also use falling Pound
  • When landing Rest a flower appears on your head giving continous damage (max damage of Rest is 45%)

What to do:
  • Use lots of Turnips
  • Try to space with Fair
  • Be observant of what Jigglypuff is doing

Top Bottom