• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Yoshi is actually a really even matchup IMO. Good case for 50:50 but I lean towards 55:45 Peach's favor because he can't jump out of shield and can sometimes have a hard time punishing dair...but he really can fight her well in many ways. Eggs mess up float...you have to approach grounded and powershield.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Peach is fun to fight! A real challenging matchup on its own merits.

Peach should definitely abuse jabs out of floats more than she does with other characters since we can't shieldgrab them like other characters, but any chase game she has can be quickly turned around on her by pivot grab (LOL! Get it?). Both characters have lots going for them in this matchup and it's tough to call for an advantage on either side because Yoshi darn near lives forever and Peach doesn't get edgeguarded easily. I'm interested to see what the Peach players who have played Yoshis think.

MrEh

Smash Hero
If Yoshi's running away from you, DON'T CHASE HIM!

That's what they want you to do. It's a trap! ^^

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
^Well said.

I consider this close to 50-50 of a matchup. Yoshi's upsmash really really hurts and isn't hard to land on Peach. Peach can **** him out of his shield with her float trixies though. It's close to even..

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
If Yoshi's running away from you, DON'T CHASE HIM!

That's what they want you to do. It's a trap! ^^
this one fact makes pivot grab so good, if u know of this yoshi wont be grabing u much =/

idk but is rare to get a zombie turnip cause ive been seeing my self get hit with them so much more often so what r the chances ull pluck one

yoshi doesnt have to much trouble with floaty down air as if u shield roll the last one ull go far way that yoshi will have enough time to chuck an egg, floating can still give him trouble because of his laggy roll and bad shield options. id say best option is to roll.

bair fans turnips idk about zombie turnips

up smashes are easier to land on peach then most characters cause of her floatyness ans size. so there pretty painfull. no chaingrab.

i cant think of naything else to say, questions, do ya agree or dont?

Metatitan

Smash Master
uhm, all i can say to peaches from watching vids is don't stale ur fair; u really need ur killing moves against fat pple like yoshi. our eggs and grabs are a pain but im not a fan of using usmash regularly on peach cuz i like having a non staled kill move at my disposal that's ez to hit with. uair with super armor beats peach's dair so use it (or watch out for it if ur peach). uhm not much to say except 60:40 peach (this matchup is actually a pain)

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Positioning in my opinion. I always want to try to get below Yoshi than above him, since Peach has a better advantage when she's below Yoshi. Utilt and Usmash will beat Yoshi's Dair, and it's harder to egg Peach if she's on bottom. I like Uthrow for this reason.

Though I watch out since Yoshi does have good airspeed (The best actually), so it's a bit of a harder endeavor, but Yoshi only has one jump in the air so there is a limit to his aerial direction.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
idk but is rare to get a zombie turnip cause ive been seeing my self get hit with them so much more often so what r the chances ull pluck one
1 out of 58 chance.

I'd say this is fairly even. Yoshi's Bair approach is pretty annoying, but if you SDI out of it I think it becomes less of a problem. Correct me if Im wrong but Yoshi can't kill really easily like Peach. However, at high percents you want to watch out for Fsmash, Usmash, and Uair (good killer). His Dair is a nice damage racker but really easy to SDI out of, his tilts are all pretty good. I think his Dash Attack has invicibility frames around his head (had them in Melee, not sure about Brawl)? His Fair has a little surprise spike to it incase you didnt know. Eggs can be annoying but I think powersheilding them can solve this.

What do us Peach mainers deal with his SA on his second jump? I know in Melee none of her aerials could hit him out of it, does this apply for Brawl too?

Welcome Yoshi boards!!! ^.^;

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
What do us Peach mainers deal with his SA on his second jump? I know in Melee none of her aerials could hit him out of it, does this apply for Brawl too?

Welcome Yoshi boards!!! ^.^;
At the peak of his SA, nothing can knock him out of it like Ike's Up-B. But the duration is rather short for that, and it turns into a weaker super armor where you can knock him out of it around half-way through his second jump I think. At that time I think Fair and Precisely aimed Bair can knock him out of it.

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
Be careful when jabbing against Yoshi. Bwett's Yoshi is really good, and he'll forward Smash if he knows you're going to jab because Yoshi's hitbox will move away from you, you miss the jab, and then the huge forward Smash hits and you go flying. Also, watch for the crazy grounded DownB. He'll use it when really close, and on the way up it'll lift Peach up and then slam into her, most likely to her death off the top around 100% or so.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
You can stale your f-air just fine, it's not that hard to hit Yoshi with an upsmash. once he shields he's either gonna let go or roll, so you can use that predictablity to predict him and upsmash.

By the way Peach's jab has some insane range. I don't find it possible to a forward smash and avoid Peach's jab. Trust me, it's range is extremely deceiving. Also Peach can shield out of the first jab. I'm pretty sure Yoshi's f-smash has more wind up frames than jab has cool down frames, so you can shield before the f-smash connects..

I suppose it will work if he predicts your jab exactly and spaces perfectly, but it shouldn't prevent you from jabbing with regular use.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Peach's aerials don't do that good against the SA...but she's got one nice new Brawl addition that goes right through it.

Footstool.

>-)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Footstool is extremely viable KO move for this matchup, actually. Whenever I play against a Yoshi i always get 1 of 3 KOs via footstool, but then again, I consider myself really good at intentionally footstooling people. I jump out there with the intention to do it..

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
EDREES!!!

:O!!!! YOU NEVER FOOTSTOOL ME!!!!

seriously though it's so hard to footstool yoshi, considering if he does ANYTHING (airdodge, attack) he can't be footstooled

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I think Yoshi is a pretty cool guy. eh throw eggs and doesnt afraid of anything.

Do you Yoshies use your Over B often?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
seriously though it's so hard to footstool yoshi, considering if he does ANYTHING (airdodge, attack) he can't be footstooled
Yeah. i've footstooled a Yoshi once cause the few time i have fought them they either airsidestep or attack while doing thier second jump. but even though its kinda mean, you have to admit its funny if it happens...

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
oh no you di-int!!!!

sorry i didnt get the phone earlier,

i was in rehearsals

.Marik

is a social misfit
Egg Spam completely ruins Peach's float/aerial options. :yoshi:

We can also Uair her fairly easily. She does have a better shield game than us (who doesn't lol) but that's nothing really. Powershielding is an option, however.

If we prevent her from performing her aerials, we're fine and dandy.

50:50 matchup I say?

Do you Yoshies use your Over B often?
I think Furbs does. It's considered "unorthodox", lol.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ah, Edreeses is back. Make sure you come back when we redo Ness. (why didn't we even finish him???)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ah, Edreeses is back. Make sure you come back when we redo Ness. (why didn't we even finish him???)
A proper agreement was never reached on either him or Lucas

I'm not going to write a match up when there still needs to be work done

That reminds me...can someone PLEASE give me the final numbers decided for PT and his 3 Pokémon???? Edrees, can you help me out here? D:

PKNintendo

Smash Master

That reminds me...can someone PLEASE give me the final numbers decided for PT and his 3 Pokémon???? Edrees, can you help me out here? D:
Well typical.
you put Ness and Lucas together. Something ****ed up, bound to happen.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace

After a bit of a run down over a week long occasion playing other Peach players with my Pokemon trainer, I come with this conclusion, though I don't know if it's anything true to what it is.

Squirtle 55:45 favor Peach

Ivysaur 60:40 favor Peach

Charizard 50:50 even :: 55:45 favor Peach (maybe)

Squirtle's aspects involve a lot of running around and trying to out maneuver Peach's aerials with his own, granted, Squirtle's aerials aren't up to par with Peach. However, a defensive Squirtle player an really screw up a Peach player from Watergun to his disjointed Usmash to ruin Peach's float apporach. Peach's true advantage is her turnips, though Squirtle is deadly when he catches one since he has one of the best glide-tosses.

Ivysaur just doesn't have the aerial game that Peach has. And her recovery is hard to pull off against a Peach player who knows how to mess Ivysaur up. Ivysaur is mostly a damage dealer here, playing, once again, on the defensive side with Nair to neutralB combos and a lot of Bair. I have to get within a middle distance with Peach since Peach wrecks at close range, and razor leaf can only get you X-so-far.

Charizard, after working a lot with him, utterly kicks butt. Invincibility in Rocksmash or prematurely setting it off by letting peach hit the rock really makes Peach go on defense. Flamethrower cancels out Turnips, Jabs are pretty quick, and Charizard Grab range is ridiculous. I have to play offensive with Charizard, try not to let Peach have too much room to set up her slower frames like Fsmash or turnips. Oh, glide attack is isane on priority.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Well typical.
you put Ness and Lucas together. Something ****ed up, bound to happen.
Ness and Lucas were discussed when Edrees was in charge. And for the record, they were both discussed seperatly. The only characters to have been discussed together is Zelda and Shiek (and all of PT's Pokémon if you want to be really picky)

I haven't written a match up on them because a proper conclusion was never reached. And I'm not happy with the information either. If I was a Peach newbie reading this, all I would know about fighting Lucas is the 1001 ways to avoid Pk Fire and I'd also have the constant dillema of whether Pk Thunder was going to destroy me or not. I realise that it was 60-40 but...I don't remember reasons as to why

Ness was either 50-50 or 55-45 but people couldn't seem to agree on that either. And again, I'd still be in complete panic as to whether Pk Thunder would own me or not

If someone wants to do a write up (lol here we go) then please be my guest but the info is kind of limited atm if you ask me

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Wasn't mean't to insult you. And I was half joking with the Ness & Lucas thing. It just seems, like there's a higher chance of a casualty.

It's no problem though. This board is like a sister to ours.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Wasn't mean't to insult you. And I was half joking with the Ness & Lucas thing. It just seems, like there's a higher chance of a casualty.

It's no problem though. This board is like a sister to ours.
Sorry, yea my reply did sound a bit high strung...it wasn't needed, I apologise for that. Only-just-woken-up-johns xD

Heh, I'm aware of putting Ness and Lucas together problems :p

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Hate to double post but w/e. JP is done although I could do with another decent quote from a JP main with a good understanding of the match up though. Also, what were the decided numbers?

I need to do the re discussion write ups as well...sorry, I've been very busy recently and I'm still thinking on how I'm going to structure/add in the re discussion bits to the original write up

This week is nearly over as well. Is it 50-50 for Yoshi? Anyone got any requests for who we do next?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I personally think the Jiggs matchup is 60-40 for Peach but whatever.

By the way, I believe the PT matchup numbers were
50-50 or 45-55 Peach Charizard
60-40 Peach Ivysaur
55-45 Peach Squirtle
People all seemed to agree somewhere around here..

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Excellent, thanks Edrees. I'll put Charizard at 45-55 and PKT as 55-45 on a whole

Write ups will be up to date soon I promise. Other work johns
Just before we leave Yoshi completely for now, would anyone care to explain Yoshi's Dragonic Reverse (is that what it's called?) and all the other odd stuff he can do? Would this effect the match up at all?

And I've been wanting to do Luigi for a while...or Mama Luigi to you, MrEh. Let's go with the lean, mean, green machine

Also, lol, the 'image' of Luigi on the OP. I saw it and couldn't help myself. If you're bored, you could make one yourself! xD

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
On Luigi...

DownB apporach is a *****, counter with Toad if you see it. Usually, Luigi players seem to like apporach mid away, right outside the turnip throw range and do it since it's used as an apporach, a punisher, and a damage racker. Either that, or timed Dtilt or Ftilt. Fsmash is too slow to punish the DownB apporach.

Fireballs go straight and only straight, so when grounded, float over it. When Aerialed, Dash attack. Watch out for the sudden Usmash that Luigi has. It has great priority.

Fsmash incoming! Play defensively at mid-high percents because Luigi's knock is expotential at mid to high percents, espeically Fsmash, Usmash, Fair, and Sweetspot UpB.. Both the jab -> Sweetspot UpB is hard to avoid if you get caught, and Luigi spot dodge to Dsmash/Usmash is very powerful. Don't worry too much about Dash attack since he can't combo it into a Sweetspot UpB anymore if he hits with the final attack since it has be upgraded to have knockback.

Luigi's Dair spikes! Ahhh!!!!!

Never underestimate Green missile (sideB), it's very high in pirority.

Never underestimate Luigi's Recovery. His DownB can recover so well, it's like IC's Side B except it covers more vertically than horizontally.

45:55 favor Luigi, but then again, I suck against Luigi, so it might be just me.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
He has the most powerful and strongest taunt with greater knockback in the game.

Top Bottom