• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Olimar 60:40
GnW 40:60
Falco 40:60
Squirtle: 55:45
Lucas 55:45
Mario 55:45
Ness 50:50

just my opinion if the front page gets update ;D
For the most part, I agree. The only ones I don't agree on are Olimar (65:35, not 70:30 though because of his strong kill power) and Ness (55:45 IMO. Grab releases and such...)

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Not to mention their OoS options are just plain ridiculous.

I agree to a 60:40 match-up on Olimar, because I'm pretty sure it's going to end up that way anyway, sooner or later, since Olimars are on a roll when it comes to getting around the battlefield these days.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Olimars are a lot harder now.
They always Up B my air approaches, and their camp game is uber annoying.
This

I've never understood why Olimar was ever 70:30. What exactly do you approach with anyway? Turnips aren't that helpful and Up + B just goes right through Peach's aerial/Float approaches...

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
This

I've never understood why Olimar was ever 70:30. What exactly do you approach with anyway? Turnips aren't that helpful and Up + B just goes right through Peach's aerial/Float approaches...
Shorthopped back air kills every non-purple pikmin it touches even in the later frames. I approach with shorthopped back air. Dair tends to be fairly effective here too, though he can just run away faster than you can chase with float.

But yeah, solid Peach advantage but he punishes her mistakes waaaay too hard. Probably 60:40.

gantrain05

Smash Master
just play super gay vs olimar, play like you are just figuring out how good Dair is and spam it all over the place, it beats his Usmash and Utilt, not sure about his Nair, if they like to UpB alot try and bait it out and punish, if they are tossing pikmin at you, jab them.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Many people on the hardest match-up thread (too lazy to search for it, go find it yourself, somwhere in Brawl tactical) said that Peach may be Diddy hardest. Is Peach - Diddy really that much in her advantage or are Diddy's Match-ups just too good (or both ;p)?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Many people on the hardest match-up thread (too lazy to search for it, go find it yourself, somwhere in Brawl tactical) said that Peach may be Diddy hardest. Is Peach - Diddy really that much in her advantage or are Diddy's Match-ups just too good (or both ;p)?
Well, Diddy does do pretty well against just about all the other top tiers (he might even be a soft counter to MK!). IMO, it's slightly in our favour because you can ground float over banans, then use an auto-cancelled Nair to pick them up and Glide Toss for yourself. Around 55:$5 in Peach's favour seems about right.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Well, Diddy does do pretty well against just about all the other top tiers (he might even be a soft counter to MK!).
Soft counter? If soft counter means only slightly in MK's favor LOL.

Cia

das kwl
i actually use peach to fight diddy. and i haven't lost to one in the match up since i lost to adhd a few months back. and i SD'd that time. lol

i literally just float and take control of his banana's. if he shoots a peanut while you're floating, just land.

Banana toss > Dair > anything = Diddy's worst nightmare.

basically, you spend the entire time waiting and camping until diddy throws that ONE fatal banana. and he's dead.

Gea

Smash Master
Eh, the matchup really isn't skewed towards us. I play with Gnes all the time. He hates the matchup but I'm not sure if its his hardest. Luigi does really well against Diddy.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Eh, the matchup really isn't skewed towards us. I play with Gnes all the time. He hates the matchup but I'm not sure if its his hardest. Luigi does really well against Diddy.
Doesn't Gnes tremble in fear at the sight of Kos-Mos though?

Fighting Diddy is all about knowing the matchup, which sadly I don't that well :/

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I seriously can't fight diddy anymore, I went to my friends house yesterday to practice, and once again, I play worse each day. I played his diddy who he just picked up and I could not win one match against his diddy. I just can't do this anymore. Man this is getting annoying how I am playing. I really can't hit tournaments anymore in this condition. I completely lost it. There is other characters I can't fight anymore nether. Like wth?

Only one good thing came out of yesterday. I figured out (finally) how to fight a meta and I been losing to that fool all the time. Even ones I should be beating. From tornado whoring to Up-B spammers, I figured out exactly how I use to fight meta. So unless the meta is pro and all, I should not be losing to them like I have been ever again.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
It's because when you get a lot of experience against MK, they start punishing you for things you never realized possible. Then you stop doing these things that do work against some Metaknight's that don't fully understand the matchup so you get punished for different things. He's such a versatile character that once you face a huge amount of top level Metaknight you make it really hard on yourself to come up with one consistent strategy to use. I had the same problem, but after my large break I decided not to have a strategy against MK and just try to outsmart his choices during play.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
btw, besides losing to typh and m2k i lost 1 round vs. a fox on FD in pools. i ***** the smaller stages but err...this guy triple lasers and autocancel's fair consistantly. suuuuuuch a pain to deal w/. how do i deal w/ triple lasering camping fox on FD? <_<

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
It's tough to fight laser camping Fox's but I suggest you hold a turnip and glide toss at the spot he lands. It's going to be hard to catch him but when you do don't let him out of your area.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Alright guys so my exams are very nearly over. I think nows an oppertune moment to actually update this thing

I'll be doing write ups for characters left and character's who've had rediscussions. Any queries, please let me know. If anyone wants to help with a write up or post some specific stuff for me, that'd be a great help. The more the better

jmo brawler

Smash Rookie
One thing I would suggest.Im glad i get to find out how to deal with specific matchups in this thread but honestly i dont feel like skimming through random pages to find where a character matchup is being discussed. Im not here everyday to see the discussions and theres like 180 something pgs so far right? So cant you like post at the very beginning of this thread the pg #s you would find a character being discussed(mk pgs3-7 for example)? just a suggestion, if you find the time to do it

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
That's definitly something I've been meaning to do. Edrees' old method of putting in page numbers from start to finish is nice but I personally feel it'd be a hell of a lot easier to find the discussion if I replaced the page number method with links to first post of the new discussion. I'll be sure to implement that...if I can actually manage to find them through all these pages xD

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
So Rickerdy-doo-da-day, what sort of help do you want in particular? I really don't mind; I actually find doing these sorts of things kind of fun (yeah, I know....:laugh:). I should probably be doing some real work, but when I have some free time, I'll happily help you with some stuff. What stuff do you think you'd need most help with?

BTW, on a side note, I'm pretty sure that the Falco matchup isn't 50:50. More like 45:55 or 40:60 IMO.

gantrain05

Smash Master
punish every MK shuttle loop with a running Usmash, shield the initial attack and you get a free sweetspot Usmash before he comes back down with the glide attack. although once in a while if the MK uses his glide attack at the exact moment you Usmash it will clank. but there are actually alot of things you can do to an aggressive MK, its when they start playing defensive is when peach gets screwed over.

hiROI

Smash Lord
I NEED HELP AGAINST PIT.

Like in close combat i can beat him, but when i'm send off stage and i want to get back, i get to much damage by those jesus arrows. What can I do?

hiROI

Smash Lord
I tried. He will just wait till the invicibility is over and there he goes again.

Also, how do you beat a ZSS who spams SideB? I want to get in, but it wont let me D:

Top Bottom