• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i don't. <_<

well it's a fine stage and all but battlefield is my favorite neutral.

personally I like japes vs. a lot of characters just coz I can camp, I can run away w/ peach bomber, and peach bomber is always safe, idk I like it vs. some ppl.

newayz, my favorte is definitely brinstar though. that stage just clicks w/ me i guess.

gantrain05

Smash Master
wow alot of people like brinstar, i just get absolutely wrecked there, and for the record i like smashville alot and i absolutely HATE yoshis, messes with my ground float and auto cancels too much, which is also another reason i don't like brinstar.

Cia

das kwl
Smashville is my favorite Neutral too. next to FD
hmm...no one like smashville?

=/

and maybe my liking defino is a bit biased seeing as how i started out as a Dedede main. and when it was a Neutral stage in NYC, i practically lived on that level. but i've really learned to use it well as peach. i never lose against marth there. and it even helps against TL and diddy.

i'm convinced peach is great there, people just need to give it a chance.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Final Destination is easily my best stage...although it's mainly because I play on it so much. I'm not a big fan of Delphino. Japes is ok but I'm not great with it. I quite like PS1

I really need more CP stage practice to help my movement on them if someone chooses them

I love Norfair...I have no idea why since it's not exactly great but...I just like playing on it. Frigate is pretty cool too. I HATE Yoshi's Island (Brawl) and Lylat Cruise. I dread those stages so much

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm pissed they took JJ out. I love that stage Vs Snake. I learned about this stage in that stage counterpick thread. This was the second time I went to mass madness. I wanted to know what stages to use against Snake. And this was on the list. Used it and I loved it. It was less stressful to fight snake there. I think Praxis was the one that recoomend that stage or told me to Start using more stages to take people on. That was my official counterpick on snake.

Abd Peach is all about creativity. Peach is not a character you play, but a character you created. Learn this from my idol Mike G. And always try to play outside the box.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Japes is great on Snake :) I just find that it doesn't work as well as a general counterpick as I used to think :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Cant use Youtube on this PC, someone get my vids of me fighting snakes on that stage and link it to him, or raz you look them up.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i used to like YI(brawl) but Zeldas made bad feelings transfer over from "lol Yoshis" to peach. :/

neutral for me is SV, and i like PS's for Peach.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Speaking of PS. That is my trump card against meta knight. I played that stage against NinjaLinks Meta just to test it. Close game but he won. But saw a big change.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
ok, what exactly is so great about JJ vs. snake?
Well it makes dealing with his recovery simple, since the water and klap trap are there to aid you. He may live excessively long on that stage, but so can you. It's not visually the best option, but it can work as a sort of comforting factor for the Peach players who prefer to play there.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
fair enough. O.o

it's just that if I was the snake i'd prolly just camp that top center platform the whoooooooole time. <.<

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
I discovered in the DDD Matchup that if he uses the Inhale, when he is about to spit you out you can instantly jump towards him and dair. It worked a few times for me.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Random Tip #2:

You can (I think) nair inside Wolf's side-b. Just DI up and mash A.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Jungle Japes is completly innocent - it's just the result of Falco victims we have so many TO's whining about it.

But even if it is legal, a smart Olimar will have banned it anyway.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
be super agressive and don't give him room to breath, works fine for me.
it's not that easy though. once u miss an attack ur free to get grabbed. oli's camp their ***** off vs. peach. i know it's in our favor but i wanna rediscuss it to get a clue on wut exactly to do to oli in close range and keep him there.

edit: the typical oli is easy but there's a lot of good ones out here. @_@

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I don't wanna bring up the old Wario re-discussion, but I just read something on AiB...

jmo brawler said:
this is a noobish kinda question but can a fully charged fart of wario's beat peach's grab release? will it be fast enough to react before peach can upsmash kill him is what im asking(no ledges to interfere or slanted stages)
Mage said:
um, i just tried it; a fully charged fart WILL hit peach's upsmash and win IRL.
This isn't true is it? T____T

If it is, that would be stupid.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I think that guy is wrong. Grab releases hits are supposed to be that, grab releases hits. Wario can't do anything before the usmash hits. And doesn't a fully charged fart take longer to come out?
I don't see that working.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Okay, that was kinda awesome.

You know you can fall an nair atop tornado right? ...I think.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Olimar 60:40
GnW 40:60
Falco 40:60
Squirtle: 55:45
Lucas 55:45
Mario 55:45
Ness 50:50

just my opinion if the front page gets update ;D

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Oli isn't really that easy now, well, maybe the bad ones or the ones that don't know the match-up. I think even Edrees has lost to an Oli down here several months ago in pools or sumtin. Even if peach can **** oli with priority his camp game is too good and his kill power is too ******** to say that it's 70:30 or 65:35. Man, I remember I was playing an ol on wifi, I di'd a fresh purple usmash, momentum cancel and everything and still died at 90. @_@

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Alright. I'll admit it's not HOPELESS for Oli but I'd still say 65:35. You'd need a **** good counterpick. Peach should be able to avoid a lot of his kill moves. I could totally be convinced that it's 60:40 but I'd like to see some evidence. And I'm not really the one you have to convince. lol

Top Bottom