• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TokyoGameAction presents Ranking Battles with Brawl Singles in MA Aug. 2nd! Updated!

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Hey Guys TGA is back and ready to have more brawl battles. Show up if you dare!!!

What games TGA has

Bemani/Music Games
DDR SuperNOVA 2
DDR Extreme
DDR 5th Mix
In The Groove 2
beatmania IIDX 15 - DJ Troopers
beatmania THE FINAL
Pop'n Music 16 - Party
Pop'n Music 15 - FEVER
DrumMania V4
GuitarFreaks V4
DrumMania V3
Pump It Up New Xenesis 2
DanceManiax 2nd Mix J-Append
Para Para Paradise 2nd Mix
Taiko no Tatsujin 10
Shamisen Brothers

Fighting games
Street Fighter III Third Strike
Capcom vs SNK 2
Guilty Gear Accent Core
Melty Blood Act Cadenza ver B rev
King of Fighters XI
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Hyper Street Fighter II AE
Street Fighter Zero 3
Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection

Other Games
Initial D4 (2 Player)
Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 (4 Player)
Super Puzzle Fighter II X
Mr Driller G
Gradius 4
Espgaluda
Ultracade ( This actually has like 50 games in one!)
Battle Gear 2
Mrs. Pacman
Air Hockey

If you want to play everything you can pay $26 but if you just want to play the fighters which include smash then it's just $20! It's so cheap I have no idea what to do with myself.

Date
Aug. 2nd 08

Time
5pm

Sign-ups start at noon and end at 4:30 (This is just for Brawl!)

Entry fee
$5 singles
$10 teams ($5 per person) If there is time and enough people.

Smash venue fee is $10 if your just playing smash! My people skills is too good

Venue fee is $20 for fighters

$26 for everything for the whole day.

Address:
5 summer dr
Winchendon MA

Phone #'s
TGA-978 297 1295
My Cell-774 219 3153

Rules

-> General

Double Elimination
All matches are best of 3/ winners finals best of 5
3 stock, 7 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF Smash Balls OFF

Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set
if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Random Knock-Out: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the random
stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Stage Banning: Each player may choose to eliminate 2 of the stages available for counterpicking.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go
random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may
change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

NO INFINITES ARE ALLOWED!! If you are caught doing any you will be DISQUALIFIED! YOU WILL ONLY GET ONE WARNING THE YOU ARE JUST KICKED OUT!!

You can CG but don't do the infinite version please!

-> Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc),
except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are
banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be
disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character
or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match
or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the
immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or
to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively
stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath,
is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to
enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable
for this tournament (wii mote/nun chuck/classic), just make sure people around
you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks:
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Hanenbow

Banned Stages:
Bridge of Eldin
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Spear Pillar
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town Aero Dive
Wariorware, Inc.
New Pork City
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Temple
Melee Yoshi's Island
Jungle Japes
Big Blue
Green Hill Zone
Mario Circuit
Skyworld
Onett
Green Greens
Corneria
Pirate ship

Other tourneys that will be going on.

Address:

Tokyo Game Action / Playaway Lanes
5 Summer Drive
Winchendon, MA 01475
(978) 297-1295

Tournament Schedule & Games:

- august 2nd, 2008
- Store hours are 12pm-12am
- 12pm sign ups will begin
- 2:45pm sign ups will end
- 3pm we will begin with the following games:

2 pm (special side event) start:

- The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match

3 pm start:

- Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
- Super Street Fighter II X
- Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core
- Capcom vs SNK 2 - Waseda Style (Tag) 2v2

7 pm start:

- Marvel vs Capcom 2
- *Melty Blood: Act Cadenza
- *Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE!

Venue fee details:
*******$20 Flat rate fee.
SFIV kit donations are welcome but Andy wants you to know that just showing up to the ranbats are helpful enough.
********^------ Now, i know its tough times with the economy BUT..... as some of you guys know Andy is a very promising guy. SFIV and many more games are coming out soon and hes putting down payments on the SFIV kit. Support him, and he'll give you guys what you deserve . WHO WANTS STREET FIGHTER IV and possibly more future releases?!?!?!?

-The Flat rate charge will let you play for FREE the ENTIRE night, including the tournament and casual matches later on. This way people can have a lot more matches in and be able to enter every tournament without worry about expenses (except the entry fee).

-All the flat rate money made from these ranbats will be put towards: paying off and buying more cabinets+games and keep these cabinets in the BEST condition they can be in.

Entry fee & prize structure:

$5 entry fee for SFIII:3S singles , GGXX:AC
$2 entry fee for every other game
*Game entry fees are subject to change upon the requests from the community, by the majority rule.

-$5(or more) entry games: 1st place = 70%, 2nd place = 20%, 3rd place = 10% (if less than 16 players 1st = 70%, 2nd = 30%)
-$2 entry games: "WINNER TAKES ALL"
*if nobody objects ill take a percentage from all games for the MWC team donations 10%? please discuss

Tournament Rules:
-Seeding will be based on your "TGA Ranking Battle Points". If you do not have any points you will be seeded randomly.
-Minimum number of players needed for each game: 8
-DOUBLE ELIMINATION! Best 2/3. FOR ALL GAMES
-Winners, losers and grand finals will be 3/5
-Team tournaments will be Double elimination, 1 game and 2/3 for grand finals.

Match-up and Game Rules:
-If you lose, you can change your team/character. Winner must stick with the same character until he loses.
-MvC2: You can change your team order, even if you win.
-SF:3S: You can change your SA (super art), even if you win. Judgment In Effect.
-SSF2X: Gouki/Akuma is banned!!!!!
-CvS2: Waseda Style/Tag Team 2v2 Battle - (A1 beats B1, B2 beats A2, A1 has to fight B2) A single player is allowed to enter twice using 2 different teams.
-There are to be NO GAME FREEZING GLITCHES IN ANY GAME. If you do i'm going to kick your *** and make your head EXPLODE! Plain and simple.

Point system details:
1st Place - 10 Points
2nd Place - 7 Points
3rd Place - 5 Points
4th Place - 3 Points
5th Placers - 1 point

About TGA's Arcade:
- TGA is an authentic Japanese Arcade. It has both Bemani (music) and Fighting Games. ALL fighting games are in Japanese cabinets and in working condition.
- TGA has been home to the SBO (Tougeki) 06/07 east coast qualifiers.
- There are also 12 lanes for bowling.
- We sell all kinds of import Japanese and American snacks. We have bottled drinks along with fountain drinks. No outside drinks allowed please.
- The Yamanoi Cafe is now up and running! YUMMY FOOD![/i][/b]

- Footage from our previous ranbats:
http://www.youtube.com/Frenzish
http://www.youtube.com/smoothcat

-Results from the last ranbat
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=157289

Hope to see you all there! Bring on the HYPE!

Directions:

Google Maps

From 95 North, take the EXIT towards 495 North.

- From 495 N, take EXIT 29B, then that'll be Rt.2 WEST. (20-30 min drive)

- From Rt. 2 W, take EXIT 24B, then tha'll be Rt.140 NORTH. (10-15 min drive)

- From Rt. 140 N, keep going straight down for about 15 min.

- Eventually you are going to run on a little bridge with a pond on your right, from there take a RIGHT onto Beech Street.

- At the end of Beech St., take a right onto 5 Summer Dr. and you'll see our beloved www.tokyogameaction.com

Hotel Info:

TGA is in Winchendon, MA.
(Approximately 15 mins away from Gardner, MA and 30 mins away from Leominster, MA)

Nearest Motel's:
http://www.super8.com/Super8/control...etSession=true
http://www.motel6.com/reservations/m...=&dDa=&CP=&TA= ---> Closest Motel6 (Leominster)
Nearest Hotel's:
http://www.colonial-hotel.com/
More links via mapquest:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/hotels:...::d::25:::::/e

The point system does not apply to smash and we are having a bigger spot so PLEASE BRING SET-UPS!!!

I will update when I find more info.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Can I pay $25 and get free Rhythm-Action games like last time? I hope so... That way I could go right when it opens up and play DDR until I pass out then wake up in time to play a brawl tournament. Sounds like it would be an awesome day to me!

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Can I pay $25 and get free Rhythm-Action games like last time? I hope so... That way I could go right when it opens up and play DDR until I pass out then wake up in time to play a brawl tournament. Sounds like it would be an awesome day to me!
yes you can I will put up the rest of the stuff up today. We will actually have more room this time from what the owner is telling me. NO MORE TIGHT SPACES YAY!!

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
This question is asked all the time, so I'll shorten it to WTBM?
Will There Be Melee?

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
I just found out that we do have the front of TGA for the tourney YES!!!! Lots of space so that means we need set-ups tv's, wii's, copies of brawl, and if anybody can bring it a laptop with the tourney maker on it.

I just want everybody to know that there will be food served at TGA and to please bring NO food or drink into TGA. Please try to keep swearing to a mininum and please respect the area. This is all from the owner of TGA he is awesome!!!!

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
No problem...Hopefully we can get a lot of people to come. it's a bit of a way out there, but it's worth it for a tournament that has every major Fighting game that the competitive scene plays along with the arcade and Brawl.

...best done, since the brawl tournament will most likely have down time...and in that down time... ARCADES! ...and OTHER FIGHTERS! It's the perfect fusion!

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
No problem...Hopefully we can get a lot of people to come. it's a bit of a way out there, but it's worth it for a tournament that has every major Fighting game that the competitive scene plays along with the arcade and Brawl.

...best done, since the brawl tournament will most likely have down time...and in that down time... ARCADES! ...and OTHER FIGHTERS! It's the perfect fusion!
It's going to be next week does anybody need housing for this?

Jarrod159

Smash Cadet
me and okesoke will probably go. i should be able to bring a wii, tv, and laptop if you need it

Voidious

Smash Apprentice
I may end up coming to this, but I just have a quick question. (Hopefully I'm not just blind.)

Signups are 12-2:45 - does this mean I *must* be there by 12, or is like 12:30 or 1pm OK? (I'd be driving 3-4 hours, so I'd rather not get up at like 7am, if at all possible...) I'd only be entering the Smash tourney, if that matters.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I may end up coming to this, but I just have a quick question. (Hopefully I'm not just blind.)

Signups are 12-2:45 - does this mean I *must* be there by 12, or is like 12:30 or 1pm OK? (I'd be driving 3-4 hours, so I'd rather not get up at like 7am, if at all possible...) I'd only be entering the Smash tourney, if that matters.
...12:30 / 1:00 pm is fine I'm sure, but I guess i'll defer to Tom for a final answer.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman

I apoligize for the mix up that time is for the other tourneys that will be going on. Sign-ups start at noon (which is also the time TGA opens) until 4:30pm then the tourney will start at 5pm. There will be time for friendlies and mm between that time and if there is enough interest there will be a teams tourney that will start right after brawl singles. Please don't be late because I will not take anymore sign-ups after 4:30.

Thx

DQCHU823

Smash Rookie
Tom, so if i pay the venue fee to play all the games they have, are the machines on free play? iono how it works

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Tom, so if i pay the venue fee to play all the games they have, are the machines on free play? iono how it works
Yes if you pay $26 you can play everything all day some are on free play some you have to ask for some tokens but once you pay that fee your all good!

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, were going to have much more space and incredible food.

GOING TO BE ****ING SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
They should have enough help this time to do everything because that's why they stopped serving food for a while. It should be great!

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I lost my ride! >.<

My friend that usually drives me is helping his cousin move or something like that...

Anyone passing by lawrence?

Im still contemplating going, but I get anxiety attacks when I drive sometimes and its a long drive.

poop

Top Bottom