• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Empire Official Thread (Tri-state)

chansen

Smash Lord
Legendary Players Club 2: Raven's Bane
Sponsored by: Raven Computers and The Empire Crew

Alas, LPC2 awaits you in April

This time we are calling it Legendary Players Cub 2:Raven's Bane, due to the fact that our venue is helping us out big time.

Where: 449 State St. Madison WI, 53703 Google Map
When: Mid-Late April (time is still being confirmed)
Who: Raven Computers and Empire collaberate to bring you a Brawl/Melee tourney that's off the chain.

SHOWER REQUIRED before attendance to tourney.
Melee rules will be SB standard. BYOC of course.
Same exact rules as FBT6 for brawl.
wismash.com said:
Brawl Rules:
The following rules apply to both singles and teams.
The following list was created by members of the Smash Brothers community. Each rule was debated and voted upon individually to provide the fairest competitive ruleset for tournament use.

General rules:

3 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"
All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Starter Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island,
Counter Castle Siege, Delfino, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1, Brinstar, Corneria, Distant Planet, Frigate Orpheon, Green Hill Zone, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise, Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Green Greens, Onett,
Banned Everything else
NO JOHNS

Entry Fees
Venue Fee: $5 (waived for full setup)
Brawl teams: $10 per person
Brawl singles: $15
Melee teams: $10 per person
Melee singles:$15

Pot Splits (I swear)
Singles: 60%/30%/10%/$15
Teams: 60%/30%/10%/$20

Extras: Looking to get more sponsorship for crazy awards and prizes.
I'm making Empire/Raven tourney T-shirts for Empire higher-ups and the first 25-40 people who show up (Sizes will vary, so if you know you're getting a shirt pm me with the size you want.)
There is a small room with eight gaming computers that have a ton of games and steam accounts, which will be available for free during the tourney to anyone who has time to kill (Starcraft, TF2 and Left4Dead to name a few games.)
Availability for many different food options being that it is on state st.
Parking shouldn't be too difficult but it definitely won't be free, sorry fellas (Quaz). I'll put up a parking map when I get time.

Contact chansen:
Aim: handsome jett
email: handsomejett.chan@gmail.com
or PM me.

:charizard:-BRING SETUPS!

James Sparrow

Smash Master
If this is some organized thing, maybe you could get them to sponsor the event in exchange for the attendants that will show up to geek con. large cash prizes perhaps? i think a million would suffice.

chansen

Smash Lord
It's mostly based on promo stuff and the like. Besides it's run by students.

Also, I'm pretty sure there is going to be a bar.

chansen

Smash Lord
ill be there, make sure its not at the same time as ddr so i can win that too :cool: :cool:
Actually when I was proposing the tournament and they mentioned the DDR thing i kinda laughed and told them about you steve. But they need pads to do it, so you should bring one...or two >_>

James Sparrow

Smash Master
i think singles are better, it's more a control game in singles, doubles is just who can abuse tiers and get kills at 100 instead of 200

Zicore

Smash Champion
yeah, I seem to die a lot too. Not in the game, I literally stop functioning cause its so bad.

chansen

Smash Lord
wow, you can piss off then.

2nd thought: Yeah, I just checked my emails and this has to end by 11 or we'll "violate building code." or whatever.

I'd also like to see if someone could bring a jambox. We should bang some tunes.

LadyMartel

Smash Rookie
Oh cool. Smash will actually be at Geek.kon this year! Last year the guy in charge of videogaming didn't know what Melee was. >.<

I can bring melee/brawl set-up(s)... not sure about bringing a TV though. Last year they had really small and crappy TVs.

yay. ^___^ Geek.kon.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
I am coming to this but BE WARNED...if you try and hook up with a cosplayer that looks like this

That is Bridget from Guilty Gear, that's actually a guy.

chansen

Smash Lord
wow, dude, thanks for that.

I can't guarantee *****es but i can guarantee that i know where to find some, being that it ends at eleven we should all just go out to the bars.

Top Bottom