• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Super Nuke Bros. Melee] - OFFICIAL DEMO RELEASED YES

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace

OFFICIAL DEMO RELEASED AT www.supernukebros.moonfruit.com

Hey Brawlers! This is 2nd, the director and creator of the infamous "SmashDash" series,
wich was very well recieved, and I thank all the fans on SmashBoards for that. I won't be forgetting the great times I had with all of you, thanks again.

So here I am again to show off a new project, for some familiar and for others a complete surprise. It's actually a video game based on Super Smash Bros. Brawl - an intense 2D fighter with exellent visuals and an even more amazing gameplay system that will be sure to blow your mind when you have the chance to demo the game a bit.

It's Smash Bros., yet it is original. You will see your favourite characters appearing, and even some new and familiar faces. I'm not going to spoil much, but if you missed your fair share of characters in Brawl, you'll be sure to find them in our game.

My role in this project is serving as a Graphic Designer, and Animator. I also direct and animate the cutscenes in Story Mode, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Learn a little about the game on the official site, being updated from time to time.
www.supernukebros.moonfruit.com

And now you will ask yourself, "Why is this in General Discussion?", it's because I need that Brawl general discussion right here! We need to have Brawler's oppinions on our game, the visuals and your hopes and dreams. We need you!

So everyone, give your oppinions, tell us who you want in, what you liked in Brawl and want to see in this game, come on people, discuss!

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Well, It's really looking good (especially compared to Kazuki's original BTT-demo-things). Will it be using the same "engine" as those? If not, how has it been tweaked? It seems like we would care more about that than how it looks :)

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Well, It's really looking good (especially compared to Kazuki's original BTT-demo-things). Will it be using the same engine as those? If not, how has it been tweaked? It seems like we would care more about that than how it looks :)
It's a brand new "engine" - I can tell you it feels exactly like Smash Bros.. Every character moves in the same way as they're used to. The feel is perfect, and the look is pretty close to original too.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Mh.. looks promising.
If you're looking for some high quality Sound Effects of Brawl or something else, feel free to PM me.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Graphics look amazing for a smash flash(if its a flash game) Are you going to use Melee or Brawl sound effects?

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Graphics look amazing for a smash flash(if its a flash game) Are you going to use Melee or Brawl sound effects?
Interesting question. We're using Brawl soundeffects mainly, but some characters will have Melee or even N64 sound effects! We'll be using some of the voices from Brawl, but some characters will be voiced by professional voice actors that we hired for this job, for example Fox. And yup, it's all Flash. :)

majora_787

Smash Hero
I've been wondering this, will the game be bringing all of the current characters from brawl AND the five removed from melee to the roster?

I know ****** is playable, and that's awesome, but I wanna see so many fights I cant see in melee OR brawl.

Aside from character questions, I have to say this is the BEST rec I have ever seen. I thought SSF was good, but traction and speed were so horrible...everything was broken.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
I've been wondering this, will the game be bringing all of the current characters from brawl AND the five removed from melee to the roster?

I know ****** is playable, and that's awesome, but I wanna see so many fights I cant see in melee OR brawl.

Aside from character questions, I have to say this is the BEST rec I have ever seen. I thought SSF was good, but traction and speed were so horrible...everything was broken.
I can't really name anyone because it's all secret at this point, you know? All I can say is we have a team (Including myself) working on the characters, and we're doing a great job adding characters NOT only from N64, Melee and Brawl, not only from Nintendo, but from all over the videogame scene. I could safely say that your favourite character will be in this game in one shape or the other. And don't ask us directly like "Is Roy going to be in this game?" - The official site will update with Newcomers soon, so check that from time to time.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I can't really name anyone because it's all secret at this point, you know? All I can say is we have a team (Including myself) working on the characters, and we're doing a great job adding characters NOT only from N64, Melee and Brawl, not only from Nintendo, but from all over the videogame scene. I could safely say that your favourite character will be in this game in one shape or the other. And don't ask us directly like "Is Roy going to be in this game?" - The official site will update with Newcomers soon, so check that from time to time.
Okay, let me rephrase in a vague way so I can have hope for a few other characters...

Will characters with large fanbases on smashboards be in, for the most part at least?

Also, how often do you plan on updating the website?

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Okay, let me rephrase in a vague way so I can have hope for a few other characters...

Will characters with large fanbases on smashboards be in, for the most part at least?

Also, how often do you plan on updating the website?
First question: Yes. We plan on not only having the characters WE like aboard, but we listen to the fans aswell.

Second: We havn't got the .com site up, once it's there the updates will start flowing, expect 2 weekly or something like that. The .com site will be up soon, sit tight.

majora_787

Smash Hero
First question: Yes. We plan on not only having the characters WE like aboard, but we listen to the fans aswell.

Second: We havn't got the .com site up, once it's there the updates will start flowing, expect 2 weekly or something like that. The .com site will be up soon, sit tight.
Uhhm.......

I don't have many questions to ask, so I'll stop interrogating in a sec. :laugh:

I can only assume there will be alternate costumes, correct me if I'm wrong.
Second, we will be able to SUGGEST stages and characters and all that stuff correct? I mean, like is there a place we'll be able to send suggestions?

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Uhhm.......

I don't have many questions to ask, so I'll stop interrogating in a sec. :laugh:

I can only assume there will be alternate costumes, correct me if I'm wrong.
Second, we will be able to SUGGEST stages and characters and all that stuff correct? I mean, like is there a place we'll be able to send suggestions?
No Alternate costumes as for now.
You can suggest here. But it doesnt mean we'll directly put it in the game. We'll take it into account.

majora_787

Smash Hero

That wouldn't happen to be 'Metal Harbor' they're fighting on would it?
It is.

OKAY I came up with something. Characters are a POPULARITY thing. SO.

I made a character wishlist. If you...

a) Add six of the characters on the list, or any characters I like that are not on the list
b) Add Meta Ridley and one other character in particular on the list

before you add Megaman or Bomberman, I won't cry tears of blood.

You don't get to see the list.

I am actually doing this to make waiting for the finished game more entertaining to myself. :laugh:

leelue

Smash Lord
Like poppy bros Jr!

Ok, i doubt u guys need it, but if you ever need an experienced smasher with good views on character balance to test what you have done, i'm here (and have free time)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Remember that some characters, however popular, have no moveset potential whatsoever.
I have seen movesets for EVERY character on the list EXCEPT for ****** ******.

Also, I was kidding. I WILL post the list sooner or later. I just don't want to clog your thread with suggestions right now. ^^

But I was serious about 6 characters off the list out of the 26 so I don't cry. Really I was.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
I have seen movesets for EVERY character on the list EXCEPT for ****** ******.

Also, I was kidding. I WILL post the list sooner or later. I just don't want to clog your thread with suggestions right now. ^^

But I was serious about 6 characters off the list out of the 26 so I don't cry. Really I was.
The game wont have 60.000 characters, mind you.

:laugh:

majora_787

Smash Hero
The game wont have 60.000 characters, mind you.

:laugh:
My wishlist has 26 characters. I only expect about...10 of them tops.

If more than that shows up, I'll be really freakin happy. And impressed.

Edit: One of the characters was already leaked. So.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
My wishlist has 26 characters. I only expect about...10 of them tops.

If more than that shows up, I'll be really freakin happy. And impressed.

Edit: One of the characters was already leaked. So.
We're not here serving fans only, and were not focussing on characters only. 26 characters will be like half the roster, so I doubt you'll get your wish granted. We're trying to have populair characters aboard, and not only populair on SmashBoards, but everywhere.

Hang in there.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well several of the characters have large fanbases. Like *****. And ****. Also, I can't forget ******.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
*post*
Awesomeness.
I'm sorry if people already asked, but will there be demos?

majora_787

Smash Hero
No one's asked. And well, yeah, there will. Currently working a bit
on that actually. Don't worry, when we have stuff to show, we will :)
26 is HALF the roster...that means there's TONS of opportunities for the more popular chars on the list ^^

EDIT: Demo 2 was how I found out about Metal Harbor early. =P

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
26 is HALF the roster...that means there's TONS of opportunities for the more popular chars on the list ^^

EDIT: Demo 2 was how I found out about Metal Harbor early. =P
I was not really indicating when I said half.
Just drop it, wait for the info to come, okay? xD

And yeah, Metal Harbor I actually designed and made a custom arrangement for. You'll have to look forward to the updates for those.

Top Bottom