• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Super Nuke Bros. Melee] - OFFICIAL DEMO RELEASED YES

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
2nd Stamp, when you say "suggestions" are you seriously asking us to like, throw some ideas out your way to see what we want?
Not that you're gonna succumb to our every whim, but is that what you're asking?
For ideas on characters, stages, items and such?
Or do you have everything figures out?

peeup

Smash Lord
2nd Stamp, when you say "suggestions" are you seriously asking us to like, throw some ideas out your way to see what we want?
Not that you're gonna succumb to our every whim, but is that what you're asking?
For ideas on characters, stages, items and such?
Or do you have everything figures out?
If he does want character suggestions, I was sad that Conker wasn't in brawl, and if you're into 3rd party characters, i like Sora and Cloud =D

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
OK, this looks absolutely AWESOME. When's the Demo coming out? About how far along is the game as a whole?
Currently we're focussing on characters alot more then stages. We're completing the original 8 from N64 Smash first, so we're underway. However, each character gets the same love and respect, so know that we wont make a character in one day. It takes a while, and alot of research to get every aspect just right. I think that a character that doesnt feel "alive" shouldnt be brought into this game at all.

So far we have about 8 characters available (complete), and about 8-10 stages. However, we're working with all our might! There are models done for characters that will be unlocks, so yes, we're worrying about the future. ;)

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
For the love of GOD, leave R.O.B in there! I am not kidding here, he's freakin' awesome. Watch Short Circuit and tell me he isn't.

Yeah, I know, there not the same character. Close enough though!

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
I'm mostly working on stages at the moment, since my character drawing skills are sadly lacking (I'm more of a coder than an animater, which makes it easier for me to point out errors and suggest fixes to Taro, so be thankful for that) I've got a couple of stages down already, if only graphically. I don't want to give away much, but we do already have a character roster, but it is still very susceptible to change. We don't, as of yet, have a stage or item roster though, so those are probably more open to suggestions. Of course, if there is a character that everyone seems to love, or obsolutely hate, it may swing our character roster, if only slightly...

Have I said too much?

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
dude, this is awesome. can you please give kirby an important role? also, don't have tripping anywhere in this, unlesss they slip on diddy kongs bananas. oh, and please add isaac from golden sun as a playabele character in the story. i can't wait to see how this will turn out. in your face sakurai!

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
dude, this is awesome. can you please give kirby an important role? also, don't have tripping anywhere in this, unlesss they slip on diddy kongs bananas. oh, and please add isaac from golden sun as a playabele character in the story. i can't wait to see how this will turn out. in your face sakurai!
No, no, no. We ENCOURAGE Sakurai. This could be seen as a tribute to his love for Smash Bros.! Without him, none of this would have ever been possible.

And the story is very well written, be sure to keep an eye out for the site when it updates on it.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Man it's awesome I've played some of it! I've played as Mario sonic DK and Bowser and pre-beta it's awesome.
what's more awesome? they let me be the announcer guy!

majora_787

Smash Hero
Johnny 5? The R.O.B. main? o_o

My wishlist. XD

[]Ridley*
[]Meta Ridley*
[]Geno*
[]Skull Kid*
[]Master Chief
[]K. Rool*
[]Zant
[]Isaac
[]Armored Mewtwo*
[]Psycho Mantis
[]Gray Fox
[]Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario
[]Deoxys*
[]Leon Powalski*
[]Ghor*
[]Rundas
[]Trace*
[]Sylux
[]Bogmire
[]Deathborn
[]Animal Crosser*
[]Dark Samus
[]Majora's Wrath*
[]Dimentio
[]Oni Link
[]Darknut

These are just characters I would LIKE to see. I will mark ones I REALLY want to see and almost expect.

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
No, no, no. We ENCOURAGE Sakurai. This could be seen as a tribute to his love for Smash Bros.! Without him, none of this would have ever been possible.

And the story is very well written, be sure to keep an eye out for the site when it updates on it.
true enough, but sakurai's losing it, slowly. maybe you could be his successor? lol.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
No, no, no. We ENCOURAGE Sakurai. This could be seen as a tribute to his love for Smash Bros.! Without him, none of this would have ever been possible..
Makes this game even more epic with what you have said here.

Eh, forget my wish list.
I'll just love whoever you put in.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Makes this game even more epic with what you have said here.

Eh, forget my wish list.
I'll just love whoever you put in.
I'm like that too, but I'm still gonna have characters I would appreciate seeing in this great of a game.

I just dont take it personally if a few dont make it. ^^

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
I'm sorry but due to the technical limitations of Flash,
characters like the Ice Climbers, Olimar and Plusle/Minun or a Diddy-Dixie team
can't happen. It just wouldn't run very smoothly.

This is also likely to be why such characters are not included in Super Smash Flash.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
For the Ice Climbers you could make just Popo or Nana but stronger.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm sorry but due to the technical limitations of Flash,
characters like the Ice Climbers, Olimar and Plusle/Minun or a Diddy-Dixie team
can't happen. It just wouldn't run very smoothly.

This is also likely to be why such characters are not included in Super Smash Flash.
No IC, Olimar or P+M? Huh.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Super Smash Flash 2's competitor? This looks much better than smash flash imo. I think that's mostly because it's not sprites. And it's animated VERY well. Major props, this will be a great project.

Include Roy, C'mon!

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
It wouldn't be the Ice Climbers with one Ice Climber.

There is nothing original about them individually and all of their specials are close to completely useless.

Their playstyle relied on their user being clever and timing the desyncs well.
You can't desync one ice climber.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Super Smash Flash 2's competitor? This looks much better than smash flash imo. I think that's mostly because it's not sprites. And it's animated VERY well. Major props, this will be a great project.

Include Roy, C'mon!
Thanks for the kind words.

I, myself, feel that Im not competing; I'm just trying to make you guys have happy faces while playing, haha.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
no, No, No. We Encourage Sakurai. This Could Be Seen As A Tribute To His Love For Smash Bros.! Without Him, None Of This Would Have Ever Been Possible.

And The Story Is Very Well Written, Be Sure To Keep An Eye Out For The Site When It Updates On It.
i'm Sorry But Due To The Technical Limitations Of Flash,
Characters Like The ice Climbers, Olimar And Plusle/minun Or A Diddy-dixie Team
Can't Happen. It Just Wouldn't Run Very Smoothly.

This Is Also Likely To Be Why Such Characters Are Not Included In Super Smash Flash.
nooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Is there any way at all I can help?

and if I had to only pick 5 suggestions...
-Isaac
-Ridley
-Tingle
-Sukapon
-Takamaru

EDIT: this thread has gained alot of pages pretty fast...

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
I'd prefer a really good engine and balanced characters over a big roster anyday~
Otherwise those characters just feel... pumped in or uncomplete.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
This looks awesome

I'm wondering why you chose to call it Super Nuke Bros. Melee =o
Taro and I are both members of a group called the Nuke Bros, and the original idea was to base the game around our own characters, with, of course, some mainstream characters too. The idea has been changed since then though.

Top Bottom