• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Draconic Trot

Chaco

Never Logs In
In a world where Yoshi falls below all others, there is one way for him to rise above...
THE DRACONIC TROT

Section 1:Back To The Basics
First, to learn to DT, you must first learn to Foxtrot and DR, So first we shall start out with foxtrotting.

• Fox Trotting
This is a repetitive dashing technique performed by hitting the analog stick forward, stopping, and hitting the analog stick forward again. You continue that method to Fox Trot. So once you get familiar with the Fox Trot we move onto...

• Draconic Reverse
This is a DJC technique found by Karamity. I shall not go into the details of the DR, but show you the thread and the video on here to learn said skill.

-The Official DR Thread
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175060

-The DR Guide by BigMan
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=_s0EDOH7MAM

Section 2: Combination Sensation
Alright we are now to the point you can begin to comprehend the DT, and the way it is done. So moving along, we shall now plunge into the ways of DTing.

1. Fox Trot
  2. DR, but do not do the full inputted attack, just the cancel.
  3. Fox Trot
  4. DR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1kCfKrsTUs

And so on, you get the just. But let me warn you, way easier said than done. Then while you practice your *** off to get this tech down your like what the point of this, we'll now we move onto...

Section 3: The DT and You
Alright so it's now that time again to discover all the uses of this tech. This section will be updated frequently, but as of right now we only have a few uses.

• Speed
The DT makes Yoshi the second fastest character in the game when used at full speed, possibly the fastest. But we have not yet seen it's full speed. But so far, subman has performed it very fast but we think it is possible for it to go even faster.

• Ledge Guarding
When doing this tech you can move to the edges very fast to gaurs before the even realize you are doing so. Thus one stock closer to victory.

***Thread Created***
***Update Dine***
***Video Coming Soon***

Founder: Chaco
Co-Finders:JumpMan, Mmac

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
Tried it offline. It's much easier offline, but online, there's no way Yoshi can outspeed Falcon =\

Still, offlien I think I managed to get across FD in a second or two.

bigman40

Smash Master
I give you guys good luck. Since the DR is hard to even get down, doing this will take quite a while to get as frequently as WDing in melee.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oh believe me, it's ridiculous. You should try it though Scat. The speed is worth it.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I only wish I had the technical ability to do this. Still, gotta give credit where it's due, so good job with this. :)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well there is one video on page three of the old thread, but Mmac and sub have made a new one, Mmac just needs to record it and get it uploaded now.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Uhm, we actually haven;t tried that. We need to. Speed taunting FTW!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Be warned guys, this **** is hard, But great job on the vid Sub. I'll update the first post.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I got it down in a little over an hour in training mode today, I found what I was doing wrong and corrected it. But it took me a bit to realize what indeed I was doing wrong.

But to start I would just practice cancelling, then move onto the combination of the two.

I will update the speed issue later, but...

As the vid shows you go faster when you see the dust kick and cancel after that point. Than cancelling before the dust kick up.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Can you DR backwards, if so this could really help with spacing going forwards with the DT. I think someone should do a vid, showing how fast you can go from one edge of FD to the other and compare it to the Egg Roll.

Chaco

Never Logs In
We need to but this is a load of work for us atm, I found a double cancel this morning I am experimenting with.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Nice video.

But really, this does not increase your speed at all. What this is is (jump) canceling your initial dash animation with DR. Foxtrotting is still faster than this if you want to compare speed.

I just want to warn that this is not wavedashing. While it may probably be the closest thing to wavedashing we have now, it's not the same thing. But don't try to pass this off to the entire smash community as wavedashing, because it's not going to float.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I know, it's not WDing, and Cube Sub even said he didn't do it near as fast as he could, plus it's online. It's close, to a WD but will never be the same thing, this is mostly likely the closest thing though.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
not only does it seem useful, it looks frickin cool
seems hard though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah after you get the hang of it though, it all falls into place.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I can barley DR so I will have a lot of trouble with this if I decide it is useful enough for me to learn.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, so far it's useful to me...I've used it online, but very little. I diid into an edgehog though.

shurf

Smash Cadet
Wow, I'm gonna be staying up all night trying to master this. Just like the DR. =/

Still, this looks insanely cool. I have to put this to good use. Good work, Chaco. This is one of the reasons I love being a Yoshi main. People like you are discovering more new techs. :D

Chaco

Never Logs In
Wow, I'm gonna be staying up all night trying to master this. Just like the DR. =/

Still, this looks insanely cool. I have to put this to good use. Good work, Chaco. This is one of the reasons I love being a Yoshi main. People like you are discovering more new techs. :D
WTY Shurf.

I feel appreciated now.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Update!!! Good news, and the better news...

Alright, so I would like to announce an insta-turn for this tech. Which means you can automatically change directions and speed off in the other direction. Which is really useful for when they jump and you can catch their landing with an fsmash.

SPEED TRIALS:
The Egg Roll--Slowest
Fox Trotting--Fast
Draconic Trot--Fast

So I finally managed to go full speed without messing up, but it was shortly lived. But from what I saw Fox Trotting and DT are very close in speed, but I'm thinking that the DT is actually faster. When performed at the peak of it's speed. Plus it has a lot of factors over regular fox trotting, those being:

Turning
Can use way more attacks then dash attacking.
Gets rid of the chance of tripping
Looks **** cool

Alright, so that last one is just for my amusment, but who can argue that it doesn't look bad ***?

EDIT: The reason egg roll is the slowest is mostly due to start up lag, you could get halfway where you want to be by the time your in the egg.

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
I think I tripped once, but I tried this thing alot, so of course I'd trip >_>

Also, nice finds Chaco, the DT insta-turn sounds very useful.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
oh dear lord >.> Next month it's Going to be Aerial Draconic trotting Reversal in the air insert 50 commands in 2 frames >.>

Although I'll never get this down, keep expanding yoshi!

Top Bottom