• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you like Yugi'oh?

kraykirby666

Smash Apprentice
Yo! I am a Yugi'oh Freak!!!!!!!!! It's my favorite show next to Spongebob! I collect the cards and watch the show every chance I get!!!!!!!!! If anyone else is a Yugi'oh Fanatic, Tell me so we could talk! :chuckle: :chuckle:

Blaster

Super Sonic Blastoise
well...

well, there's already a yu-gi-oh topic, but its quite old, so i guess a new one is fine... =/ anyway, i watch the show, play the card game, and i plan to get the next american yu-gi-oh game that comes out for GBA that isn't dungeon dice monsters... My deck is huge with like 90 cards, and it includes half Yugi and Kaiba decks, like Dark Magician and Blue Eyes White Dragon in it, and I like to duel online. If anybody wants to duel me online, my AIM ScreenName is Gregconsole...

Peachy

Smash Journeyman
My friend made me see the first episode at first I thought it was
going to be stupid, but it was so interesting I could'nt take my eyes of the tv. I even bought Yu gi yo cards.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I do like Yu-gi-oh. It's more serious than Pokemon and the monsters can actually die. Plus it has card game that's really good. But I do not know what's the better card game besides Magic: The Gathering.

Captain Falcon

Smash Lord
first, a question.
What is the deal with the Japanese and their trading card games?? Where else outside of Japan do cards come to life in monster form? The Japanese are obsessed with trading card monsters, american pop culture, and the peace sign.

just had to get that out of my system. I've never even seen YuGiOh, i have a basic idea of what its about, but i don't think it would appeal to me...not enough violence:chuckle: If its anything like that other cardcaptor show they had on the WB, i definately wouldnt like it.

Captain Falcon

Smash Lord
what do you mean by that? DBZ still isn't even that great of a show in japanese, although it is better than the english version because they curse a lot more and it has a wacky japanese feel. What stuff do they put in the japanese version of cardcaptors that makes it better?

Tapion

Smash Ace
^The Characters seem to develop more, and better music/vocals/dialogue. The DBZ dub is bad, but the anime is bad to begin with. And on this topic's note, the Yu-Gi-Oh dub is horrible.

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
sure i like yugioh but the packs are like $5 bucks each. and for 8 cards. i mean with $5 i could get like almost 30 magic cards. or two warhammer paint

kraykirby666

Smash Apprentice
Yo!

Yo! ^That is not true! Down here, in Veneta, Oregon. Packs come with 9 cards and are for $3.So there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Back to the topic, I love Yu-Gi-Oh! I's the altime best animie! (Next to DBZ and Meda-Bots!) My best card is the Blue eyes White Dragon, which I have 2 of!

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Hey i agree with Yu-Gi-Oh being on of the best animie's ever! But I also think Meda-bots and DBX are BEARLY better! Meda-Bots, cause it's robots, my second faviorte past-time! DBZ, it's just plain good to watch!!!

Algasir

Smash Lord
I love Yu-Gi-Oh! The problem is that the cards are always sold out where I live.:(

SKAT

Smash Apprentice
hhmmmm... My friend is obsessed with it, he helps his grandma for a little money, then goes buys a pack. heh on the way to the public pool, he couldn't stop talking aout magnetic rings, ****** swordsmans and other stuff that would make a real good combo. I finally feel how some did about Pokemon, but I'll watch the show tomorrow, and see If I like it, although I probably won't buy too many packs; already invested more than a hundred dollars on Pokemon packs.

Algasir

Smash Lord
Originally posted by SKAT
hhmmmm... My friend is obsessed with it, he helps his grandma for a little money, then goes buys a pack. heh on the way to the public pool, he couldn't stop talking aout magnetic rings, ****** swordsmans and other stuff that would make a real good combo. I finally feel how some did about Pokemon, but I'll watch the show tomorrow, and see If I like it, although I probably won't buy too many packs; already invested more than a hundred dollars on Pokemon packs.
Only $100?

Blaster

Super Sonic Blastoise
I wish I was a huge anime freak...

I think the Yu-Gi-Oh anime is pretty good, but I don't know what good animes are out there besides a few i have seen... I want to get into anime a little, too, but most of the animes are too old for me, as i am only 12... and Yu-Gi-Oh is horribly dubbed? I just can't enjoy the show fully knowing it is in a tottaly different state from the Japanese version of the anime... =/

Tapion

Smash Ace
^Blaster, you should try Evangelion. The ending you probably won't like, as it tends to make no sense, but it's a really good start to the world of anime. Evangelion is my all-time fav.

SKAT

Smash Apprentice
ooops, did I say 100 I meant hundreds just in packs, not counting extra money for single cards and binder pages and stuff

Dark Magician

Smash Apprentice
I like Yugi'oh. I especially like the show, since its anime. The cards they rock. I thought it would be another Pokemon faze again. But the show rules. So, all i have to say is that Yugi'oh is a really good show.

C.FALCON ROCKS

Smash Apprentice
I like the Yu-Gi-Oh show,its pretty good but it can't compare to DBZ. Because everyone in Yu-Gi-Oh takes the card game to seriously when its only a card game!!

SKAT

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Yugi'oh isn't bad, I like it, although I only saw two episodes :D

SuperChencho

Smash Ace
Fearing that I might sound monotonous, I say that Yu-gi-oh! rocks!

In the anime, everybody takes the game to seriously because it's not just any card game, and there's magic involved. (I'm gonna shup up now, you better watch for yourself!)

smashdude21

Smash Ace
I like Yu-Gi-Oh and girls, I have the GBC rom and normal game. If anyone wants it, PM me. If any girls want to date me? PM me

Tapion

Smash Ace
I just finished reading the series uncut, and had lots of fun with it. I especially liked the whole not being in English thing. The dub is crap, and they edit too much. And Yu-Gi-Oh is definately not just for kids- ex. - Yami Ryuu (bakura) rips out Pegasus' eye, and licks the blood off it. Disturbing, no?

Corin

Smash Lord
I saw that episode. Pegasus had lost to yugi, then he released the souls that he had prisoner. Then Bakura came and stole pegasus' millenium item in this case the millenium eye.
The millenium ring
millenium puzzle
millenium eye
millenium key
are the only items that have been revealed thus far.
Yu-Gi-Oh rocks!!!!

G

GreatSaiyaKirby

Yu-Gi-Oh is a cool series. I have seen all of series 1 except for the last episodes (after Yugi almost dies in the shadow realm). It's one of the best anime series I have ever seen. My fave card is the Red eyes Black dragon. I think it looks cooler than the blue eyes, which looks fat by comparison (no offence to Blue eyes fans).

Eaichu250

Smash Rookie
Fan here..

I'm a small fan of Yu-Gi-Oh. I like the show a little bit, although it isnt that good, and I am a small fan of the card game.

Yeah, Yu-Gi-Oh is alright.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Uh.. it's all right. I play with my brothers cards, but I can't believe he traded his Tri Horned Dragon for a third blue eyes and polymerization...

Anyway, I play them because they're very strategical, the art on some of them is cool, (the animeish ones..) and you don't have to buy frikkin ENERGY cards to use them.

and if you think it's ghey, go screw a tree. It can be just like soldiers, tanks, subs and fighters if they painted the art that way..

But the anime, I don't think would be considered the BEST. It doesn't have too much of a plot and is based off of a card game. There are betters out there, like Eva, Akira, Tenchi, Trigun, Outlaw Star...

But not the best.

Well, that's what I have to say. It's all right, but not the best..

-n00b

NukeA6

Smash Master
Originally posted by Tapion
I just finished reading the series uncut, and had lots of fun with it. I especially liked the whole not being in English thing. The dub is crap, and they edit too much. And Yu-Gi-Oh is definately not just for kids- ex. - Yami Ryuu (bakura) rips out Pegasus' eye, and licks the blood off it. Disturbing, no?
Whoa! I wanna see the uncut Yu-gi-oh episodes even if they are talking in Japanese (they got cool voices anyway). I wish there was an Anime channel where nothing is cut off (guns, blood). Oh well.

Corin

Smash Lord
My top five favourite cards (all of these cards I have)
1.Kuriboh - a:300 d:200
2.Catapult turtle - a:1000 d:2000
3.Suijin (the god of water!!!!!) -a: 2500 d: 2400
4.Fake Trap
5.Steel scorpion.

Almost all of my cards have effects.
Kuriboh- effect- Discard this card from your hand to the graveyard in order to make the damage done by one opponants monster to your life points to zero.

Catapult turtle- effect- Offer one of your monsters as a tribute to inflict half of that monsters attack power to your opponants life points.

Suijin- effect- reduce the attack of an attacking monster down to zero for one turn. The player chooses when to activate this.

Fake trap- trap card- Any magic or effects that destroy magic and trap cards focus on just this one card instead of all of them.

Steel scorpion- effect- A non machine type monster will be destroyed at the end of your opponants 2nd main phase.

Well that's it for my top five.
c ya!

Blaster

Super Sonic Blastoise
Originally posted by Tapion
^Blaster, you should try Evangelion. The ending you probably won't like, as it tends to make no sense, but it's a really good start to the world of anime. Evangelion is my all-time fav.
Ok, but where exactly could I find it? Anyway, you guys are making me jealous with your uncut Yu-Gi-Oh... I really have to go to the local anime place and see if the have soemthing there... oh, I have seen an edited version of the Bakura Millenium Eye thing in some guy's sig, pretty weird... :eek:

Tapion

Smash Ace
^Most likely you'd hafta buy all the dvds. It gets pretty pricey, so see if there's a rental place by you that rents anime. It costs like 199$ I think to buy. You should most likely rent em' all first (8 DVDs, plus 2 movies). That's what I do to all my anime, and then I go and buy em' later. And I agree with n00b, there are way better animes then Yu-Gi-Oh. In fact the enitre anime is basically a really long instruction guide to the game. Can't you just hear the creator laughing when he made up some fancy new card to counter someone else's strategy in the manga?

Top Bottom