• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ FBT4 ] :: BRAWL and MELEE :: Results in the first Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Good stuff guys. This was a lot of fun. Thanks for coming and I hope you had a good time.

RESULTS:

Melee Teams:1: Lurgleurgleurgleurgle (Chexr + Aarosmashguy)
2: Boom goes the DYNAMITE (Tink + Viperboy)
3: Team Waht The (Eighteenspikes + Cosmo)
4: Team Nipple Spike (Quaz + Ethan)
5: Team Can And I Say Yeah (Superdoodleman and Seanson)
5: Lords of Pain (Zeus and Kels)
7: Rodeolicious (Sago + Mundungu)
7: Team W.I.T.T.Y. (Lone Jedi + Vinodh)

Melee Singles
1: Tink
2: Cosmo
3: Kels
4: Viperboy
5: Juan Bates
5: Chexr
7: Superdoodleman
7: Aarosmashguy
9: Eighteenspikes
9: Seanson
9: Crashman
9: Sparrow
13: TJ
13: Zeus
13: Quaz
13: Earl

Brawl Teams
1: Lurglelurgleurlgeurgle (Chexr and Bo Money)
2: Kosmo Kramer (Cosmo + Kirk)
3: Rooster illusions (Fatboy and Sago)
4: Team Scare Tactics (Grimce and Hunger)
5: Boom goes the Dynamite (Tink + Machinegunnorm)
5: Mr and Mrs Game and Watch (Fay and Infernohit)
7: **** It (Wobby + Sparrow)
7: Lone's a Lifetank (Lone + ook)
9: The **** Socks (Loki and Ushi)
9: Bates Family is ****ING Awesome (biL + eDwin)
9: Team Hedonism (Godot and Al)
9: Drag*** (Dragmire and Seifer)
13: Mustard of Bored Destiny (Melinda + Bibe)
13: Ossim (Alex and Stephen)
13: ACITORD (RJ + David)
13: The Fighting Mongooses (Jeffy and Alice)
17: Jumbo Toothpicks (Chris and Evilsideninja)
17: Team Domo (Luni + PJ)
17: The Tacos (GenoRPG + Wafles)

Brawl Singles
1: Hunger
2: Tink
3: Chexr
4: Kirk
5: Infernohit
5: Cosmo
7: Sago
7: Fatty
9: Sparrow
9: LoneJedi
9: Wafles
9: ook
13: Godot
13: Moe Money
13: Grimace
13: Stephen
17: RJ
17: Dragmire
17: Loki
17: Machinegunnorm
17: Fade
17: Swany
17: Seifer
17: Wobby
25: Aerox
25: Alex Lewandowski
25: PJ
25: Luni
25: Melinda
25: I like Birds
25: Bil
25: GenoRPG

THE TOURNAMENT IS STILL HAPPENING!

After this huge ordeal that we just had, we did get the okay to continue the tournament. We have the rooms from 10 AM till Midnight on both Friday and Saturday without an adviser required. However, we need to find housing.

Please let me or spikes know if you can house people, we will try to get everything sorted out in the easiest and most efficient way possible.

If you need housing let us know so we can find something for you. We have several options available for people to use.

Don't cancel your attendance just because of this ordeal, it's still on, and it's going to be a great time.

After a tense phone call, I just got the okay to do a tournament both days without an adviser. We have the room from 10AM to Midnight both days. I say room because we're only using 202 -- 201 is canceled now that we don't need a room for people to sleep in anymore. The equipment will be locked in the room overnight.

Everyone who needs housing, please post your needs and some local smashers can try to help out. Let's do this!!!

Any concerns about housing or the like, contact me right away so I can help you out!

AIM: XxPhantasyHeroxX
Phone: 920-257-6129
Email: wafles@wismash.com

I'll see you all there!

Online Pre-Registration Strongly Encouraged!

I have my doubts that we'll have time for everything if too many people come. Register on the website and you are guaranteed a spot. Attendance limits will be determined based on the number of confirmed setups.

http://wismash.com

What?
FBT (Fudge Butt ****) 4
Brawl and Melee singles and doubles for each.

Hosted by eighteenspikes and myself.

Guests are welcome to participate in both melee and brawl. Organization will be such that this will be entirely possible.

This is an overnight tournament!

Please be prepared. You are not required to stay overnight, but there will be great fun overnight for all who wish to participate. There will be a seperate sleeping area at the venue completely detached from the tournament room available for people to sleep in. There will be no gaming in this room (after 10 PM at least).

Bring a sleeping bag, and for gods sake bring some deodorant and a change of clothes.

No one wants to smell your body odor. Please keep some personal hygiene so that we don't end up with a smelly venue.

Some rules about the overnight portion:

1. No gaming or other activities in the sleeping room after 10 PM. Please respect those who want some sleep. You can play around in the main tournament room if you want.
  2. No pranks. Period. If you are caught messing around with people who are sleeping you will be thrown out and not allowed to participate in the brawl tournament.
  3. Bring your own sleeping bag and pillow, and keep track of it. Label your stuff and keep it where no one else will confuse it with their own stuff.
  4. Don't mess with other people's things. Period.
  5. No talking past 10 PM in the sleeping room. If necesary, whisper amongst yourselves.
  6. Listen to Spikes and myself. If we say something, listen to it.
  7. Bring some games other than smash if you want. I'm not sure.
  8. Have fun!

When and Where?
November 28th and 29th.
UW Oshkosh
Reeve Memorial Union Room 202
748 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901

Registration begins at 10AM. No entries for doubles will be accepted after Noon. If you are held up somehow, you can call in your registration.

My Phone Number: 920-257-6129

Email Contact: wafles@wismash.com and eighteenspikes@wismash.com

Melee is on Friday November 28th
Brawl is on Saturday November 29th

Entry Fees:
Brawl Package: $30
---- Includes brawl singles and teams.
Melee Package: $30
---- Includes melee singles and teams.

All events: $55

Pot Splits:
Singles: 65/20/10/5
Teams: 70/20/10 (Maybe 60/30/10, give me feedback on this please)
Thousands of dollars in cash prizes to be awarded!

Help spread the word: print and display a few fliers!

The flier will be re-uploaded and posted when it is updated after some final things are determined.

Just copy and paste this image, resize it into your favorite word processor and print. Otherwise, paste into photoshop in a standard letter paper size at 300 dots per inch

Confirmed Setups

We need as many setups as we can get our hands on. Please help us by confirming what you will be supplying for use. If you bring a setup, label your stuff. I cannot and will not be responsible for misplaced items.

Televisions
1. Wafles (2?)
2. eighteenspikes
3. Mundungu (assuming he has enough room)
4. hunger
5. Chansen
6. Quaz (2?)
7. Zack152
8. Madwak
9. MachineGunNorm
10. Aarosmashguy
11. Lokeloki
12. James Sparrow

Brawl + Wii
1. Wafles
2. eighteenspikes
3. Mundungu
4. hunger
5. Kirk
6. MachineGunNorm
7. Lokeloki
8. James Sparrow
9. Chris

Melee + System
1. Mundungu
2. eighteenspikes
3. Wafles
4. Chansen
5. Quaz (1 or 2?)
6. Zicore
7. Zack152
8. BigC
9. MadWak
10. Aarosmashguy
11. James Sparrow

Melee Disc Only
1. Cosmo

Brawl Disc Only
1. Cosmo

Housing Contacts

If you need housing, the people below can help you. Realize that this housing is mainly going to be for thanksgiving night. Everyone is welcome, and actually requested to stay overnight at the tourney venue. There will be a separate sleeping area that will have no gaming after 10 PM so that you can get some shut-eye. Bring a sleeping bag or something.

The Following People Have Offered Housing:
Click on the name to see their smashboards profile.
1. Zack152

Other Information

1. Snacks and Beverages will be provided throughout the day.
  2. Bring your own controller, durdehur. I recommend labeling it or making it unique in some other way so that you don't lose it.
  3. (more to be added)
AllIsBrawl listing:
http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3099

Brawl Rules:
These are the rules for both singles and doubles
The following list was created by members of the Smash Back Room (SBR). Each rule was debated and voted upon in separate topics. While it is always up to the Tournament Organizers (TO) to determine the rules that best fit their tournaments, we recommend these rules be used as a base guideline to new and experienced TO's alike.

General rules:

• 3 Stock

• 8 minute timer

• Items are set to "off" and "none"

• All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

• If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

• Stalling is banned.
  • No Johns
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Starter Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island,
Counter Castle Siege, Delfino, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1, Brinstar, Corneria, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens,
Banned Everything else

I copy and pasted pretty much this whole section from the recommended rule list topic. If there is an overwhelming dislike of a stage, I will be fine with banning it.

Melee Rules:
These are the rules for both singles and doubles

Rules
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams (Singles only),
Counterpicks: Pokefloats, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Corneria,
Banned: Everything else

Lets get this ****er moving!
Major thanks to eighteenspikes for helping me acquire a venue and with various other things.

hunger!

Smash Champion
fix the cp stages for brawl...wow pipes,green hill zone, corneria, distant planet, and onett....im going d3 for sure if those dont get banned. might as well throw in new pork city too

EDIT: this shit totals out to 60 bucks?

ook

Smash Lord
Thanks quaz, that'd be cool. And np, charge as much as you want for gas money lol, it'll still be cheaper than driving there myself (or yourself).

Dang, this is almost 2 months away.

Zicore

Smash Champion
I am extreamly curious as how you expect to fit it all in one day. I know spikes has mad skills in organizing tournies, but seriously...brawl takes ****ing FOREVER. Ah well, more melee. You know I'm in.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Registered. Cosmo, brawl teams? MUNDUNGUUUUUU, melee teams?

And obviously there is a SpikesDEN to be had. I can't wait to see Maria.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Yeah lol, I designed everything.

As for counterpick stages, I copy and pasted them from the SBR Recommended rule list for brawl. Some of them are in the fuzzy area of banned/counterpick.

I'm somewhat undecided on which ones will stay and which ones will go. I don't want to remove too many though, variety is awesome.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I'll be there and bring:

1 melee disc + cube
1 brawl disc + wii
and 1 tv as long as there's room in the car

Tink

Smash Hero
who wants to team for this in melee? hopefully a good partner <_<.....im most likley making it out to this, so it should be good times.....when do you plan to do melee? cause melee with brawl at the same times gonna be a ***** for people playing them both.

Wafles

Smash Lord
For people playing them both they can be granted a warm up round or two completely independent of the set if they are transfering directly from one game to another.
Running them both at the same time, roughly, is the only time efficient method to do this, in my opinion.

If the event gets big it may have to split it into two days. It's a ways off yet, so let's wait and see for what kind of turnout will be expected.

By the way guys, please register on the site if you can come, =o

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Hopefully I can somehow come to this. x.x I don't get my license till mid December and I doubt my parents will let me and some friends just go out to some random place in Oshkosh. Sigh. We'll see, though.

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully I can somehow come to this. x.x I don't get my license till mid December and I doubt my parents will let me and some friends just go out to some random place in Oshkosh. Sigh. We'll see, though.
It is in the university in Oshkosh, so it shouldn't seem that sketchy... hopefully.

clowsui

Smash Legend
The scariest thing that has ever happened in Oshkosh is people falling through the lake.

OSHKOSH IS NOT SKETCHY.

Bil

Smash Ace
Me and Cosmo are accepting MM's against our Ylink/Link team. For some odd reason if we're both at our last stocks, we will follow thru with our team phrase, "JUST THROW SHlT".

LG7

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm...
Got -plenty- of notice on this one, so I should be able to make it. :D

Sounds like it'll be a good time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom