• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Blue Battle Circuit Results round #1

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
Blue Battle Circuit
Round 1 placements

First off i just want to thank all of you who had attened the first Blue Battle Circuit. I know there were more that just couldn't make it, but i assure you that you aren't far behind for missing the first tourney series. Lets all aim for placing in the ranking to win that Wii system. So now that things had jumped off to a good start. i would like to announce that NY brawlers can enter if they will. The more the better. Hope to see you all in the next Blue Battle Tourney ^_^ thanx!!! Btw, i'll post when the next will start....yea yea i know it's weeklies but i can't dominate all the saturdays but i'll host them as frequently as possible.

1st. Atomsk (lvl. 3) 20pts
2nd. Inui (lvl. 3) 18pts
3rd. Depuffster (lvl. 3) 16pts
4th. Pierce (lvl. 2) 14pts
5th. Bschung (lvl. 2) 12pts
5th. Blue (lvl. 1) 12pts
7th. Vajaja (lvl. 2) 10pts
7th. Blackwaltz (lvl. 1) 10pts
9th. Orion (lvl. 1) 8pts
9th. Rouge Pit (lvl. 1) 8pts
9th. Wyatt (lvl. 2) 8pts
9th. Vex 8pts
13th. Chibo (lvl. 1) 6pts
13th. Rob (lvl. 1) 6pts
13th. Pride 6pts
13th. Chill 6pts
17th. RJ 4pts
17th. Doom 4pts
17th. Dusk 4pts
17th. Mr. Clutch 4pts
17st. Kai 4pts
17nd. JB Andrew 4pts
17rd. Ulitma Scout 4pts
17th. Shippo 4pts
25th. Cyanide 2pts
25th. GdDmt 2pts

Doubles Circuit
Round 1 Placements

1st. Inui/Atomsk 10pts each
2nd. Depuffster/Vex 8pts each
3rd. Chibo/Rouge Pit 6pts each
4th. Diem/Ether 4pts each
5th. JB Andrew/Wyatt 2pts each
5th. Mr. Clutch/Vajaja 2pts each
7th. Bschung/Blue
7th. Doom/UltimaScout
9th. Cyanide/Orion

Inui 10pts
Atomsk 10pts
Depuffster 8pts
Vex8pts
Chibo 6pts
Rouge Pit 6pts
Diem 4pts
Ether 4pts
JB Andrew 2pts
Wyatt 2pts
Mr. Clutch 2pts
Vajaja 2pts

The Battle Level System

The reason for level raising is for seeding only. It counts toward nothing other than if you might have the advantage over another brawler or not. You only gain exp. from winning matches. You get more exp. for beating someone of a higher level and less for beating someone of a lower level and of course a moderate amount for those of the same level. Instead of Random seeding of brackets and jus goin off your mind of who you think is better i believe that what talent you show in a tourney and that is recorded in point records. seeding will not be bad but only to what you make it of how well you do. No more thinking and randomly putting ppl in unbearable brackets. Now it's all on you where you'll be seeded. Those of a higher level wont play those of the higher level and that goes for lower level vs. lower level. The whole seeding will put high level vs. lower level to keep things equally fair and effective even accurate also.

Shout-out Time Guys!!!!!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Inui should be level 4 for the Blastoise he killed.

That was a fun tourney, Blue, let us know when the next one is. Venue isn't too bad either.

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
Inui should be level 4 for the Blastoise he killed.

That was a fun tourney, Blue, let us know when the next one is. Venue isn't too bad either.
Thanks bro, i'll try my best. Also, sure thing, i'll try to host it on the 25th. That might be the date for the next event.

Kai.......what happened bro, us sonic's gotta do awsome
Chill.......i can't beileve you guys let a 12 year-old out place you guys what a shame ~_~
Atomsk.......go away
Inui......Hmph
Puff.........great matches but darn it. it's only you and only you who knocks me out of tourneys
Vex.....i wish i could have played ur bowser again
Rouge pit.......well lol awsome pit for killing me with a loop arrow at the top of the stage...double looped arrow at that.
Cyanide........what happened Zamus buddy
Pride.......i loved the blue but im mad u didn't wear pink
Bschung.........only you bro, only you and I can run out the time limit EVERY time we money match 3 times now and 5 times time had run out on us. i hope this will change soon.
Doom......i think ou could have done better and i hope so next time
Blackwaltz.........get some sleep next time you come to a tourney it messed up ur game today i think
Pierce.........well......not much to say there lol. good ish bro
Vajaja..........that name is catchy lol i cant stop saying it. awsome G&W
Orion..........plz be happy bro ^_^ and i wanna MM ur falco with my sonic

Mrdc

Smash Cadet
Had a good time doing friendlies with everyone. Good games to everyone i played.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
wtf @ still accusing me of rigging tournaments, Blue. Stop. As if I really need to. What a joke.

Did the random EXP determine tiebreakers??? Tournaments go 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, two in 5th, two in 7th, four in 9th, etc.

Atomsk: Dedede can beat Meta Knight. Just learn the match like every other Dedede instead of gaying me in Meta Knight dittos which I am abysmal at.

BlackWaltz: :( @ not sleeping.

Blue: Nice event and good job placing well with Sonic.

DaPuffster: Just stay Diddy LOL.

Rogue Pit: ***** me in Pit dittos.

PRiDE: Step it up!

Vex: Stupid lucky 9 hammer.

Pierce: Stop choking.

bschung: Good job.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Inui - Hey if I was doing that good with Snake maybe if I just learn a little more about him I can beat you with him. None the less I'll be the one laughing in 6 months when MK gets banned because hes still winning.

Atomsk - Learn how to Dodge Jiggs rollout in Doubles

Vex - It was great seeing you in person since summer of 07! I didn't see much bowser at the tournament though.

Blue - Still can't beat me =P Also unban picochat plz lol.

Orion - I'm double blind picking next time. I didn't know you played Falco.

Jband - Nice to see you for the first time ever. You really surprised Inui with Luigi XD

Chibo & Rogue Pit - You almost beat Inui's team for us!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I sandbagged the mess out of your Snake LOL. He is indeed good against Meta Knight, though.

Why don't Vex and Wyatt have points for singles?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I sandbagged the mess out of your Snake LOL. He is indeed good against Meta Knight, though.

Why don't Vex and Wyatt have points for singles?
I used to Secondary Snake a while ago but that wasn't the reason. I've heared from someone that all you need to do is 4 f tilts on MK then do a u tilt and he dies. I mixed that with Grenade Camping to beat you. Now if I actually learn how to use Snake I would have a better chance and I did get you to your last stock.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Getting an unserious Meta Knight to last stock on Halberd with Snake is not an accomplishment.

NORMAL LOOKING RESULTS:

NJ Blue Battle Circuit Event #1, October 11th

Doubles:
1: Inui and Atomsk
2: DaPuffster and Vex
3: ChiboSempai and Rouge Pit
4: Diem and Ether
5: JBAndrew and Wyatt
5: Mr. Clutch and Vajaja
7: Bschung and Blue
7: Doom and UltimaScout
9: Cyanide and Orion

Singles:
1: Atomsk (Dedede, Meta Knight, Lucario)
2: Inui (Meta Knight, Snake)
3: DaPuffster (Diddy Kong, Jigglypuff)
4: Pierce7d (Marth)
5: Bschung (Dedede)
5: Blue (Sonic)
7: Vajaja (Game and Watch)
7: Blackwaltz (Olimar)
9: Orion
9: Rouge Pit
9: Wyatt
9: Vex Kasrani
13: ChiboSempai
13: Rob
13: Pride
13: Chill
17: RJ
17: Doom
17: Dusk
17: Mr. Clutch
17: Kai
17: JB Andrew
17: Ulitma Scout
17: Shippo
25: Cyanide
25: GdDmt

ADHD

Smash Hero
You guys just so you know I'm wyatt, I went by my real name this time

thyocianide, that was your zamus?

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
Getting an unserious Meta Knight to last stock on Halberd with Snake is not an accomplishment.

NORMAL LOOKING RESULTS:

NJ Blue Battle Circuit Event #1, October 11th

Doubles:
1: Inui and Atomsk
2: DaPuffster and Vex
3: ChiboSempai and Rouge Pit
4: Diem and Ether
5: JBAndrew and Wyatt
5: Mr. Clutch and Vajaja
7: Bschung and Blue
7: Doom and UltimaScout
9: Cyanide and Orion

Singles:
1: Atomsk (Dedede, Meta Knight, Lucario)
2: Inui (Meta Knight, Snake)
3: DaPuffster (Diddy Kong, Jigglypuff)
4: Pierce7d (Marth)
5: Bschung (Dedede)
5: Blue (Sonic)
7: Vajaja (Game and Watch)
7: Blackwaltz (Olimar)
9: Orion
9: Rouge Pit
9: Wyatt
9: Vex Kasrani
13: ChiboSempai
13: Rob
13: Pride
13: Chill
17: RJ
17: Doom
17: Dusk
17: Mr. Clutch
17: Kai
17: JB Andrew
17: Ulitma Scout
17: Shippo
25: Cyanide
25: GdDmt
Sry i had to do it that way but with as many ppl getting the same place everyone would get points bc look at it all of them fall under 10 placings inui. that even gives those who arn't that good the same placings or darn well near your rank. it would be misleading. so yea i had done it that way for a reason. but thanx though for putting up the orginal way of posting tourneys but i think it's betr understood my way instead of all ties. Remember im still learning as a host and i have my awsome crew member like you to help with that. But seriously thats crazy to have EVERYONE place under 10 placements. im sure everyone can vouch for that say. to have someone who never does well end up about 2 places under others. it's inaccurate to go by that. And no i dont go by exp. If you read which clearly you didn't, that exp. has NOTHING to do with placements. it only predetermines seeding ONLY.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Though I still don't get the idea of allowing NY enter if it say's NJ Blue Battle Cup.
the name is misleading......change it please.

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
Though I still don't get the idea of allowing NY enter if it say's NJ Blue Battle Cup.
the name is misleading......change it please.
I've done that bc NY has shown respect, a lot of respect for NJ as well as we would show a lot of respect for them. so i will gladly show NY the respect in allowing them to enter my series.

Magus420

Smash Master
Did the random EXP determine tiebreakers??? Tournaments go 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, two in 5th, two in 7th, four in 9th, etc.
Sry i had to do it that way but with as many ppl getting the same place everyone would get points bc look at it all of them fall under 10 placings inui. that even gives those who arn't that good the same placings or darn well near your rank. it would be misleading. so yea i had done it that way for a reason. but thanx though for putting up the orginal way of posting tourneys but i think it's betr understood my way instead of all ties. Remember im still learning as a host and i have my awsome crew member like you to help with that. But seriously thats crazy to have EVERYONE place under 10 placements. im sure everyone can vouch for that say. to have someone who never does well end up about 2 places under others. it's inaccurate to go by that. And no i dont go by exp. If you read which clearly you didn't, that exp. has NOTHING to do with placements. it only predetermines seeding ONLY.
So what did you use to break up ties? Whoever happened to get listed earlier under that same placement?

If you're giving different amounts of points essentially at random to people who placed exactly the same I'd say that is pretty inaccurate. Orion, Rogue Pit, Wyatt, and Vex all got 9th place. Yet... Orion gets 4 points, Rogue Pit gets 2 points, while Wyatt & Vex get 0 points? >.>

Why does it need to be the top 10 numerical placements that get points anyway?

Why not just do something like:

1st - 20
2nd - 15
3rd - 10
4th - 7
5th - 4
7th - 2
9th - 1

and for teams:

1st - 15
2nd - 10
3rd - 6
4th - 3
5th - 1

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Beating NL's Diddy then losing to dapuffster's is HIGLY depressing.
Like... I definately had something going wrong for me.
However, he is a good diddy, I just don't know why I sucked against him.

Pierce, though not at the top of my game, DID destroy me legit. He's amazing at spacing and whatnot.
The only thing I have to john about is that if I weren't so tired, I would not have fallen for fair to Upb about 9 times.
Kind of like how I died to Chu's kirby when all he did was hold B and not even kirby cide.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I completely agree with Magus.

None the less I'll be the one laughing in 6 months when MK gets banned because hes still winning.
That's not going to happen. While the community is indeed full of pussies that would be beaten up by the SRK community, there's enough people with brains and balls to keep Meta Knight from getting banned.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Beating NL's Diddy then losing to dapuffster's is HIGLY depressing.
Like... I definately had something going wrong for me.
However, he is a good diddy, I just don't know why I sucked against him.

Pierce, though not at the top of my game, DID destroy me legit. He's amazing at spacing and whatnot.
The only thing I have to john about is that if I weren't so tired, I would not have fallen for fair to Upb about 9 times.
Kind of like how I died to Chu's kirby when all he did was hold B and not even kirby cide.
Ninja Link is overrated and I'm underrated. It shouldn't be highly depressing that I beat you.

Ninja Link beat M2k because M2k didn't know how to glide toss with MK. Back then only Diddy mainers knew about glide tossing.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The SRK community is silly when it comes to Smash. Nevertheless, Meta Knight doesn't look likely to get banned any time soon.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I've done that bc NY has shown respect, a lot of respect for NJ as well as we would show a lot of respect for them. so i will gladly show NY the respect in allowing them to enter my series.
I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed, but to make the name more "Area Friendly" so that NJ Circuit doesn't mislead NY.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ninja Link is overrated and I'm underrated. It shouldn't be highly depressing that I beat you.

Ninja Link beat M2k because M2k didn't know how to glide toss with MK. Back then only Diddy mainers knew about glide tossing.
NinjaLink is the best Diddy Kong in the country with a lot of good regional and local accomplishments.

You're not even considered in the conversations about who's the best Diddy Kong and you only have a couple good local achievements.

I think BlackWaltz has every right to feel a little sad.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
WHAT LOL

are you serious jiggly master, everyone should have known about glide tossing, even i knew and i used wario, it was like the biggest thing at the time iirc to be able to grab **** and SLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
NinjaLink is the best Diddy Kong in the country with a lot of good regional and local accomplishments.

You're not even considered in the conversations about who's the best Diddy Kong and you only have a couple good local achievements.

I think BlackWaltz has every right to feel a little sad.
Ninja Link was up for 40 hours the day that you beat him, its the same reason why I beat you in that other tournament so badly because you climbed a mountain.

NL has been doing bad lately and he dosn't even main Diddy (says in his sig)

I am a good diddy and maybe i just worked harder to beat Blackwaltz. It should be an acomplishment for me instead of it being a dissapointment for Blackwaltz. The other times I faced him in tourny it was a very close match. And you almost lost to ChromoPirate also, you only won because he got gimped the first game and he didn't ban Norfair. (to blackwaltz)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'd rather be up a long time then be injured everywhere and in pain LOL. I got next to last at a tiny local event and he still got 5th at a large regional event, so it's pretty apparent that I was in much worse shape when I lost to you than he was when he lost to me.

Who cares about what his sig says? Diddy is by far his best character, the hardest to fight, and has the most tournament accomplishments. That's what matters. He's the best Diddy and I don't see why you're comparing him to yourself or what you're trying to accomplish here. Sure, it's a dick move for BlackWaltz to say losing to you is depressing after beating NinjaLink, but you should be able to see why losing to you would sadden him a bit.

You're probably going to be ranked 6th or 7th in NJ, so don't be so mad. ;)

Eazy23

Smash Lord

yo seriously, stfu. Ur ego is growing to a size that is going to get you disliked. Don't go making claims about a player who you have probably never played, and never played at the level that he has.

Don't let your wins at these tournies turn you into something your not cut out for. Jus take your **** in stride. Stop worrying about the rankings so much, as a matter of fact stop talking. U are NOT the greatest so get over yourself please. Do something more than place well at a small gamestore tourny where not many people show up, and do it CONSISTANTLY before you start making claims about being under rated.

You cant beat metas, you cant beat falcos. Try placing top 5 at a big tournament with azen chu m2k neo etc there and then run your mouth.

You are seriously pissing me off, take ur a$$ somewhere and play more than the same people over n over again before you trash talk one of my friends got me?>

Inui please dont ever lose to this kid again, please. Do not let his ego grow.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I 3-0'd him without much effort this time and will never enter a tournament if I'm feeling terrible ever again. Worry not, my friend. ;]

And Atomsk needs to not suicide with farts LOL.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
yo seriously, stfu. Ur ego is growing to a size that is going to get you disliked. Don't go making claims about a player who you have probably never played, and never played at the level that he has.

Don't let your wins at these tournies turn you into something your not cut out for. Jus take your **** in stride. Stop worrying about the rankings so much, as a matter of fact stop talking. U are NOT the greatest so get over yourself please. Do something more than place well at a small gamestore tourny where not many people show up, and do it CONSISTANTLY before you start making claims about being under rated.

You cant beat metas, you cant beat falcos. Try placing top 5 at a big tournament with azen chu m2k neo etc there and then run your mouth.

You are seriously pissing me off, take ur a$$ somewhere and play more than the same people over n over again before you trash talk one of my friends got me?>

Wow, I really don't give a **** what you just said. That was the most gayest rudest piece of crap I've ever seen and saying that was very disrespectful. All these facts I've learned about NL were from other people. NOT myself. I don't get 1000 hours of practice because I'm still just a kid and I have loads of school work to do and I can barley travel anywhere. Maybe if you guys actually had a big tournament where I live it would be easier to get to it.This is the first time i've been winning ever since 05. Maybe you should encourage me to do better instead of shutting me down and my opponent always being the one favored in the match. I do say that I am underrated because nobody thinks I'll win. Sometimes I did win sometimes I didn't. Never, NEVER tell me what I can't do.

Oh Jigglymasters just a ****ty player he can't do **** lets not worry about him he sucks *** because he plays diddy kong and plays gay but will still beat him with MK because were cool lolololol.

Do you honestly think eazy, that I wouldn't be offended by what Blackwaltz said? Are you ****ting me?

So Eazy **** YOU. Its just a freikein game >_________>

You know what Inui, next time we meet in the tournament I am going to take your MK down. And I'm only going to be using Diddy Kong. I don't care if I can't play against you on FD OR Picochat. I'll make sure I win this time. No regrets.

I don't want a reply to this, its done and over with and I really don't want to talk about it anymore.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Blackwaltz shoulda placed higher, I'm not gonna john for him but he got a freakin half hour of sleep lol it's amazing he was playing that well...

jigglymaster if i ever face you again im banning norfair and makin you diddy ditto me the entire set cuz I know the diddy ditto like hell XD don't care what other people think either just play to improve I don't see why it matters how you do. Heck I placed 9th and made stupid mistakes but I was happy because alot of the players were good.

jigglymaster you make alot of mistakes ( i mean no disrespect) as diddy and if you realize it and correct them you will stand a much better chance against players like inui who will capatalize on them, it seemed like you took it to surprise that he handled the nanerz so well and didn't have a backup plan

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Hope ur not crying.

Keep winning and nothing can be taken from u.

Don't say anything negative about a player you havent even played. Talk yourself up all you want, but dont talk stupid about ninjalink who is on a whole other level than u. (Which he has proven)

people talk **** about people who play gay, o well, just keep winning and don't worry about it because those same people will play gay 2 u.

Again, please don't cry.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Hope ur not crying.

Keep winning and nothing can be taken from u.

Don't say anything negative about a player you havent even played. Talk yourself up all you want, but dont talk stupid about ninjalink who is on a whole other level than u. (Which he has proven)

people talk **** about people who play gay, o well, just keep winning and don't worry about it because those same people will play gay 2 u.

Again, please don't cry.
I'm not crying. I didn't say that I was better than Ninja Link. I just said hes overrated NOTE: This is what I've heard from other people, i did not make this fact up myself. I've been trying to contact NL for a while now getting him to teach me to play diddy better.

I only repsonded like that because you used the same tone on me out of nowhere and it surprised me that hurtful words would come from you.

BTW, planking with Jigglypuff against Falco makes no sense.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You know what Inui, next time we meet in the tournament I am going to take your MK down. And I'm only going to be using Diddy Kong. I don't care if I can't play against you on FD OR Picochat. I'll make sure I win this time. No regrets.
Want to bet money on it when we play? If so, how much?

You had many chances to attend larger events, but you didn't. My venue can't be more than an hour from you and you can't be too far from NY.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
He is rated as the best diddy player, and as someone who is a big tourny threat.
How is that being over rated when it's all accurate?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
He is rated as the best diddy player, and as someone who is a big tourny threat.
How is that being over rated when it's all accurate?
Once again, I heard this from other people.

Want to bet money on it when we play? If so, how much?

You had many chances to attend larger events, but you didn't. My venue can't be more than an hour from you and you can't be too far from NY.
I don't MM. I can't travel to princton its too far, I can't car pool with other gamers and my parents won't drive that far just for me to play videogames.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Except it was discovered by a Peach main and widely used by many characters prior to that match.

Just had to get that out there.

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
Everyone, I have a quick announcement. Magus had made a very good point about the point system. there had been so many ties that it made everyone place within 10 placements. I'm now changing it. Now, bc of the random tie problem ONLY 20 ppl can enter the finals to win a wii system. check the first post and look at the changes made ok.

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
this is probably my most favorite thread now! look at all the trash talk and happy word exchange! it makes my tummy tingle! *giggle giggle* xD jigglymaster: ur only average. u just play gay with naners and stuff, making good people become impatient and have trouble fighting you. i least thats what i think

Magus420

Smash Master
What's the reasoning behind the point scaling you're awarding for each placing? Counting down by 2 for each and every placement as you go down isn't a very balanced way to go about it. The differences in points awarded to each place should be larger between the top placings and be smaller as you go down.

There's not enough weight given to the points awarded to winners when compared to the points given to mediocre placings. M2K could go to one and completely **** the balls off of everyone to get 1st place and 20 points. Meanwhile, some other d00d gets 7th place at just 2 events and already has an equal number of points as M2K by getting 10 pts each time off of placements that aren't nearly as good.

It rewards attendance spam far too much, since you can do just as well as somebody else who places much higher than you, just so long as you attend a bit more often than they do.

Again, I think the numbers I suggested would be pretty good, and you don't have to worry about everyone getting points even if they get last. It gives the top 12 players in singles and top 6 teams (12 people) points.

They also have a point curve that is pretty reasonable imo considering the number of entrants to number of people that get points. Getting 4th place 6 times shouldn't be better rewarded than getting 1st place 4 times.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
this is probably my most favorite thread now! look at all the trash talk and happy word exchange! it makes my tummy tingle! *giggle giggle* xD jigglymaster: ur only average. u just play gay with naners and stuff, making good people become impatient and have trouble fighting you. i least thats what i think
Its amazing how I play gay when I'm a person who hates and refuses to main characters like MK.

So you're not exactly confident you can win, then.

Why can't you carpool?
I really don't need extra money and yes I would most likely lose. For carpooling I feel unconfterble about it and so do my parents. I'll be able to get to farther tournies when I have my drivers licence for a while. (I get my licence in April)

Top Bottom