• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For the last time: MK is no worse than 70-30 against Fox

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Some people around here really need to stop pretending that fox has some wtf advantage on MK (where advantage can be as loosely used as almost even). For the remainder of this discussion, assume high/top level play (cause that's all that matters when discussing matchups)

Fox has exactly 1 thing going for him in the matchup: his usmash against MK's low vertical KO threshold. Let's look at what MK has in the matchup.

MK's air/ zoning game: MK's fair and bair will beat out anything you've got in the air (except maybe a dair from directly above), in terms of range, and speed. MK can without a doubt out zone fox in the air. The best aerial zoning that fox can do buffer a sh fair that he can approach > back off a little with, and then autocancel. MK's ground speed, mixed w/ his falling speed, make it easy for him to maneuver around just above the ground in a way that makes it very difficult to hit him, while it's very easy for him to hit you if you **** up.

Fox's approach: fox has more or less nothing to approach with. anything fox can do on the ground is easily punishable by MK shielding > many forms of punishment. Also, MK's dsmash, ftilt, dtilt, fair, or bair also out prioritize fox's approach options. Fox's air approach options are probably worse. MK's usmash ***** all of fox's air approaches singlehandedly. furthermore, his nair, fair, and dair are all very easy to shield (in which case fox gets *****). fox's rar'd bair also gets ***** by a dashing usmash, or by any form of dodge, or either of MK's side aerials. Fox's sh'd uair is a joke of an approach. One last comment on this section: MK's shuttle loop out of shield has invincibility on startup, so even if his shield is being hit by a multihit attack, he can up-b the attacker mid attack. This completely ***** fox's fair as a legit option to approach with.

Fox's Defense vs MK's approach: Fox can shoot a few lasers at MK. Unfortunately, MK can cross all of FD while only getting hit by about 2 (assuming you stop at the safety threshold). great. now what? MK's dash attack crosses up your shield, and he can dsmash after his dash attack faster than you can dsmash out of your shield. Fox has nothing that stands up to the tornado's pressure. Fox has a few things that can beat the tornado right at startup, or from directly above it. However, MK's not going to use the tornado when he's right up next to you; he'll only use it when he's already on top of you (i.e. dair >tornado), or when he's just at your safety threshold. Furthermore, it's not reasonable to assume fox can beat the tornado by attacking it's weak spot (top). This requires fox to full hop his aerials, as his sh isn't high enough to get him over the tornado. At this point, it's painfully obvious that MK can avoid this attack, usually w/ the ability to punish any landing lag you have left yourself in.
MK's fair is also easily usable to hit fox's shield w/o worry of counterattack. unlike fox's fair, MK's hits low enough to the ground so that he covers himself when he lands.

Fox's Recovery vs MK's edgeguarding: First, it's clear that MK will have an easy time getting fox off the stage. His dsmash, up-b out of shield, fair, or dthrow all do a good job of getting someone as light as fox offstage in a flash, even at low %s. Once Fox is offstage, he's basically *****. I've already broken down some of why MK ***** fox when fox is offstage, so i'll just quote that here:
Not only does MK have more options for edgeguarding you than you have options on recovery, fox's recovery is extremely easy to deal with.

Always assume he's going to illusion from where he is (nothing he can do get's him any better of a predicament; i.e. shining/ rising fairing), if he does, hit him out of it, or when he lands, or edgehog. If he doesn't he'll have to firefox, which is typically easy to find where fox'll need to go to. Fox can mix it up a bit, but a good player can easily react to this, since the fox is far away from the stage (if they were close, they'd just kill you out of firefox charge-up). If the fox is in distance of double jump/ rising fair recovery, assume that; if he doesn't go for the stage, then refer back to the beginning of this discussion.
Fox's Edgeguarding vs MK's recovery: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Fox dies.

Anyone still reading up to this point clearly wants to make their fox as good as they can, otherwise they'd've stopped reading long ago dismissing this as something that they cannot understand, or because they already agree with this. To anyone still reading this, to improve yourself, you must first understand your own weakness to learn how to correct it or to minimzie it's effects. Every competitive player realizes this. The same goes for a character's matchups. You have to realize why your character has a disadvantage, so you can try to work around the disadvantageous points and try to get a win out of a situation that's 70-30 against you. Being ignorant of this and assuming your character goes even (or close to) with MK for whatever reasons, is just going to get you owned hard at your next (or more likely, first) (real) tournament; at which point you'll realize that you've been cheating yourself out of a lot of time you could've been improving in.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I don't particularly mind the matchup being close to 70:30 or whatever; I just act the *** hole so the matchup doesn't just get dismissed and thrown away.

This is good stuff.

cakecontrol

Smash Cadet
WTF scotu is right on this one i play dojo every day who is proly the best mk in TX.
And yes its about 70 : 30 mk sorry guys but we should proly have alot more talking about this.

P.S I know this match up very well i do very well vs mk in tourny.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Thank you.

A fox does fairly well against a MK who DOESNT know the match up well. But against an EVENLY skilled and knowledgeable (in the matchup) MK, it is NOT even. MK has the tools available to destroy every fox move, fox does not have this against MK.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Hahaha Scotu.

This is so horribly wrong. lol

I'm sorry you have such bad experiences against MK, but seriously? learn the match.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
WTF scotu is right on this one i play dojo every day who is proly the best mk in TX.
And yes its about 70 : 30 mk sorry guys but we should proly have alot more talking about this.

P.S I know this match up very well i do very well vs mk in tourny.
Yeah Dojo is too beastly. I have trouble using Wario against him, I can't imagine what it's like to try using someone like Fox who has a harder time dealing with MK.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Hahaha Scotu.

This is so horribly wrong. lol

I'm sorry you have such bad experiences against MK, but seriously? learn the match.
LOL. I'm the one with the good info here on the matchup, you're the one who doesn't back up their claim.

Also, as all high level discussion, this has nothing to do with "bad experiences". If any part of your claim is based on "how <insert player name here> does against MK's" then your belief of the matchup is fundamentally flawed.

On a side note, since I'm the one who knows the matchup, I'm the one more likely to beat a MK, rather that someone who overrates their character and doesn't acknowledge their own faults.

Seriously, l2metagame, l2back up your claims, l2play against MK

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
LOL. I'm the one with the good info here on the matchup, you're the one who doesn't back up their claim.
"Furthermore, it's not reasonable to assume fox can beat the tornado by attacking it's weak spot (top). This requires fox to full hop his aerials, as his sh isn't high enough to get him over the tornado"

shows that you don't... for one easy example... do you want me to pull more?

If Fox gets hit by tornado, he DIs up, can pop out and land a dair... which you ever so conveniently didn't mention. One point down... again, do you want me to pull more? I didn't bother responding more than I did, because I really didn't want to have to refute everything you just said.

Also, as all high level discussion, this has nothing to do with "bad experiences". If any part of your claim is based on "how <insert player name here> does against MK's" then your belief of the matchup is fundamentally flawed.
Of course it is. However, you seem to know nothing of what Fox can actually do in this match...or how it should be played, so I can only assume that you got your rear end handed to you a few times and came to the conclusion that it was unwinnable. That is a fair assumption, as you don't mention anything that Fox will be doing in the match. You say MK's tornado ***** Fox, which it clearly doesn't. Your write up on Fox's recovery is also laughably shallow.. so I am giving you the benefit here and saying you just don't know. : /

On a side note, since I'm the one who knows the matchup, I'm the one more likely to beat a MK, rather that someone who overrates their character and doesn't acknowledge their own faults.

Seriously, l2metagame, l2back up your claims, l2play against MK
And yet you don't list the most basic of techniques against something that "***** Fox".. so you obviously know the matchup. You obviously are more likely to beat a MK than I am, being the one who can actually punish the "godly" attack. heh... good job. That's just one example here.. a good MK will never tornado against a Fox

Thing is, I know how to play against MK... I've posted rather wordy write ups on the match...if you should care to bring them into this...they're not hard to find, I'd say..
I have given stuff that beats almost everything you just listed in your post... and yet you say you're the one who's more likely to win? Hmm.. well aren't you special?
If you can't come up with counter strategy and are stuck in the MK ***** FAWKS!!! phase, then how could you possibly be able to beat him?

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
I believe Fox has a 70-30 against MK and has the potential to be 60-40

Fox's Shine completely gives you total momentum control over MK, allowing you to control the flow and order of the match. This allows you to not only bait but approach properly by a Shine SHAD (Shining then SHADing). This completely throws most people off and allows you to effectively punish if MK refuses to react.

If they shield, you can simply PWG to punish them and then proceed to space accordingly. This, combined with momentum control, allows you to have the upperhand when it comes to spacing. When you space, you can effectively deal laser damage to rack up percents before you can approach and then punish.

Fox's biggest weakness in this matchup is his recovery, but with good spacing and momentum control you can make this situation easier to overcome.

Fox also has extreme mind game potential and a smart Fox player will be able to manipulate these and bring great fortune and reward.

Maybe I don't have sufficient Fox-MK experience, but I have effectively developed some principles for fighting MK and I can honestly say that Fox seems to not struggle hard against MK.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
"Furthermore, it's not reasonable to assume fox can beat the tornado by attacking it's weak spot (top). This requires fox to full hop his aerials, as his sh isn't high enough to get him over the tornado"

shows that you don't... for one easy example... do you want me to pull more?

If Fox gets hit by tornado, he DIs up, can pop out and land a dair... which you ever so conveniently didn't mention. One point down... again, do you want me to pull more? I didn't bother responding more than I did, because I really didn't want to have to refute everything you just said.
...somtimes?... DIing upward out of the tordando is only viable if you started being hit with it near the top, which almost all of the time, isn't the case (if it were, then almost every character in the game would be able to counter the tornado - even when it hits -, and wouldn't be close to a good move). More than 90% of the time, you're caught in the tornado at the bottom, due to shield poking, or because MK naturally hovers at about head level. The only times you'll be in the top of it is when the MK hit you off of a platform with it, in which case, they'll just chill under the platform, so they can avoid any ff'd attacks, and just tornado again when you land.

Of course it is. However, you seem to know nothing of what Fox can actually do in this match...or how it should be played, so I can only assume that you got your rear end handed to you a few times and came to the conclusion that it was unwinnable. That is a fair assumption, as you don't mention anything that Fox will be doing in the match. You say MK's tornado ***** Fox, which it clearly doesn't. Your write up on Fox's recovery is also laughably shallow.. so I am giving you the benefit here and saying you just don't know. : /
Unwinnable? clearly you didn't read my whole argument. actually, clearly, you didn't even read the title, where I suggest it's 70-30 and notably, NOT 100-0. Also, you clearly missed the optimism of this post, taking only a pessimistic view of the matchup; where I took an optimistic view.

On the topic of what fox will be doing in the matchup, I did mention each stance fox can take during the matchup, in addition to each one MK can take, so i don't see where you logic is coming from... your *** perhaps?
And yet you don't list the most basic of techniques against something that "***** Fox".. so you obviously know the matchup. You obviously are more likely to beat a MK than I am, being the one who can actually punish the "godly" attack. heh... good job. That's just one example here.. a good MK will never tornado against a Fox

Thing is, I know how to play against MK... I've posted rather wordy write ups on the match...if you should care to bring them into this...they're not hard to find, I'd say..
I have given stuff that beats almost everything you just listed in your post... and yet you say you're the one who's more likely to win? Hmm.. well aren't you special?
If you can't come up with counter strategy and are stuck in the MK ***** FAWKS!!! phase, then how could you possibly be able to beat him?
You'll note, once again, that this post is clearly attempting to get people over their "MK ***** FAWKS" phase, and also even further, past their "OMG FAWKS GOES EVEN W/ MK!!!!!11!!!1!" phase.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I believe Fox has a 70-30 against MK and has the potential to be 60-40

Fox's Shine completely gives you total momentum control over MK, allowing you to control the flow and order of the match. This allows you to not only bait but approach properly by a Shine SHAD (Shining then SHADing). This completely throws most people off and allows you to effectively punish if MK refuses to react.
... why's the shine > SHAD any good? it's like... strictly worse than the shine > dash> shield... That won't "throw off" any good player, they'll just dsmash when you land, and you'll be like "why'd i just do that again?"
If they shield, you can simply PWG to punish them and then proceed to space accordingly. This, combined with momentum control, allows you to have the upperhand when it comes to spacing. When you space, you can effectively deal laser damage to rack up percents before you can approach and then punish.
The shine offers like, no "momentum control" unless you're claiming that "momentum control" is just stopping you, putting yourself in a bunch of lag, and hitting the opponent away in a manor that they have frame advantage on you.
Fox's biggest weakness in this matchup is his recovery, but with good spacing and momentum control you can make this situation easier to overcome.
You'll note that "good spacing" doesn't mean anything in matchup discussion, since the MK player will have an equal capacity to space as you, except their character has a better set of properties to space with.
Fox also has extreme mind game potential and a smart Fox player will be able to manipulate these and bring great fortune and reward.
Yet again, something that, not only is wrong (compared to MK), but also invalid to matchup discussion, since mindgames are irrelevant to matchups. when you look at what you have to work with, MK has far more than fox, so the closest thing you can come to with "mindgame potential", MK is leading in.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
scotu is completely right.

It's an uphill battle for Fox. It's not unwinnable, but it definitely isn't a close matchup either, MK has a clear advantage.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
scotu you really need to take control of the Fox boards and run Fenrir out.

He is bad for Foxes metagame and the community here.

Sorry dude, but your fanboyism is blinding you.

Only by accepting what Fox can't do will his metagame truly advance.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
...somtimes?... DIing upward out of the tordando is only viable if you started being hit with it near the top, which almost all of the time, isn't the case (if it were, then almost every character in the game would be able to counter the tornado - even when it hits -, and wouldn't be close to a good move). More than 90% of the time, you're caught in the tornado at the bottom, due to shield poking, or because MK naturally hovers at about head level. The only times you'll be in the top of it is when the MK hit you off of a platform with it, in which case, they'll just chill under the platform, so they can avoid any ff'd attacks, and just tornado again when you land.
This is simply not true. If you are caught in the BOTTOM of the tornado, you can pop out of it as Fox. This is why I'm arguing with you. This is why I say you don't understand. This is why everybody who backs you just because you agree with them is uncalled for. You don't even understand the match you made a whole thread to explain. good job.

It's actually harder to pop out of the top after an attack. again...good job.
Why would you say something here that just isn't true? I mean...that's not just an opinion...that's a declarative statement that it's NOT possible...when it is. Why would you say something like that and confuse everybody around here who might read this...and make yourself look like a fool?

On the topic of what fox will be doing in the matchup, I did mention each stance fox can take during the matchup, in addition to each one MK can take, so i don't see where you logic is coming from... your *** perhaps?
I read your post again... it says, paraphrased:

Fox can't approach
Fox has a laser that is useless
Fox gets edgeguarded
Fox can't edgeguard.

That's hardly mentioning the stances Fox will take in the match. it's throwing out blanket statements that have very limited backing mixed in with wholly untrue statements such as the tornado thing and:
"anything fox can do on the ground is easily punishable by MK shielding > many forms of punishment. Also, MK's dsmash, ftilt, dtilt, fair, or bair also out prioritize fox's approach options. Fox's air approach options are probably worse. MK's usmash ***** all of fox's air approaches singlehandedly. furthermore, his nair, fair, and dair are all very easy to shield (in which case fox gets *****)."

Do not post these things if you do not know what you're talking about. the Tornado example was easy...and you just buried yourself more in it... and yet you still argue with me? No, I can't have somebody spewing all these "reasons" that MK Fox is a 7-3 if they simply aren't true.

even including a "probably" in there? What...you don't know? tsk tsk. Yet again...good job

You'll note, once again, that this post is clearly attempting to get people over their "MK ***** FAWKS" phase, and also even further, past their "OMG FAWKS GOES EVEN W/ MK!!!!!11!!!1!" phase.
Not clearly.
To quote your first sentence:
"Some people around here really need to stop pretending that fox has some wtf advantage on MK (where advantage can be as loosely used as almost even)"

That's the preface of your entire post... to prove to the Foxes that we are wrong... well...no. you didn't do it.

EL: Please choose somebody more knowledgeable next time you decide to back them. Somebody who doesn't throw out key errors in their analysis that are so easy to debunk. thanks.

I'm not a fanboy. I didn't start with Fox... I started with Ike, who I came to conclude was not a wholly legitimate tourney character. I moved to Fox, who I think is...very viable. How is that fanboyism?
I played Fox in Melee...got bored, went to Link... and started losing a lot of money in tournaments, so I went back to Fox. I'm hardly a "fanboy" here. I am simply stating what I believe to be fact...and you come in here and argue with me, without actually having knowledge. Yes, you're a good debater... but that doesn't substitute for actual knowledge. Do you enjoy this? I notice you do it on quite a few boards... what's your aim here?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
This is the question you need to answer.

How the hell do you go even with someone who has more range and attacks faster and has a better ground game and air game?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
This is the question you need to answer.

How the hell do you go even with someone who has more range and attacks faster and has a better ground game and air game?
If I get into this, you'll say I'm pulling mindgames into it.

However, I do not believe MK has a better air game in this matchup. Ground game is debatable.
Where do you base these conclusions?

More range, sure...
attacks faster...? overall, I guess so, yeah, but Fox has moves that equal in speed and have longer attack time... more "sex kick" type attacks that stay out.

The one advantage I truly give to MK in this match is recovery... I think can vary it...and I think he'll get gimped from time to time. that is true. Will he get gimped every time? if the Fox is bad.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
If we take a look at their movelists and attributes MK wins in every catagory except killing power.

But he is still safer when attempting kills so that mitigates Foxes one real advantage.

MK attacks faster and has more range. He has a better movelist overall and pretty much move for move as well. This is undeniable.

Of course MK has a better ground game.

MK's d-tilt alone craps on everything Fox has on the ground.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
If we take a look at their movelists and attributes MK wins in every catagory except killing power.

But he is still safer when attempting kills so that mitigates Foxes one real advantage.

MK attacks faster and has more range. He has a better movelist overall and pretty much move for move as well. This is undeniable.

Of course MK has a better ground game.

MK's d-tilt alone craps on everything Fox has on the ground.
Fox puts more damage from a single hit than MK does, you always ignore this as you think Fox won't be able to hit MK... and ...seriously?
And dtilt is beaten by any SH aerial or even sliding shield usmash, if you want. It clanks with dash attack and utilt... I wouldn't call that crapping on anything. It's a good approach beater... but The only approach that it really does beat is dash grab or dash usmash...and who does that anyway? Any dashing grab will be shielded first...so dtilt is taken out of play.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Also...my aim. Honestly. To entertain myself, but also to do my part in advancing the metagame of Brawl and help the community move forward.

Right now every character board seems to be on the right track. Except the Fox boards which is honestly a laughing stock.

Fox boards needs to cut the crap and get serious.

Taken out of play?

Are you joking?

It's the sinlge best poke move in the game. and ******** easy to set-up for Dash to shield cancel d-tilt. Walk to d-tilt. Fair on shield to d-tilt, etc. It comes out on frame 4 has almost as much range as Marth's f-smash and has similar ending frames to Marth's d-tilt. It's amazing.

Yes, it's beaten by SH aerials, but you would have to predict that. MK can just throw out a d-tilt as shield pressure and once he does that..hey guess what?

Frame trap.

Now you have two legit options. Roll away or SH back. Both of which MK can answer too pretty easily.

MK is much safer throwing out d-tilts then Fox is throwing out SH aerials. If Fox does that then he puts himself in danger. MK doesn't really put himself in danger when he throws out a d-tilt since it's so safe.

*sigh

I tire of your "arguments". You clearly don't see that fighting games all come down to how good a characters tools are. There is nothing else.

It's all about basic attributes and tools.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Also...my aim. Honestly. To entertain myself, but also to do my part in advancing the metagame of Brawl and help the community move forward.

Right now every character board seems to be on the right track. Except the Fox boards which is honestly a laughing stock.

Fox boards needs to cut the crap and get serious.
Well, I don't speak for the board, but I am serious. Fox does well against high tiers... how is that so hard to believe? Yoshi does well against MK, too... and he's low tier... What's the big deal that I say Fox has a good matchup here? how does that instantly make me a laughing stock? The fact that I'm not willing to bow down and call MK lord and ban him? interesting.

I think MK is clearly the best in the game at this point. That's fair. That does not equal to him beating every other character in the game in a landslide.
Fox punishes him very well, holds his own in the air, and can kill him around 90 consistently... Would I ever say hard adv. for Fox? nah.. I do think it's slightly in his favor. That'll take a while to change my mind.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ok, seriously.

That MK was atrocious.

The Fox wasn't anything special either, but holy ****@ how crappy that MK was.

M@v

Subarashii!
o for ****s sakes here we go again. I don't even feel like arguing in this, its like talking to brick walls on both sides.

Its 6:4 MK, no better, no worse. NOT EVEN, NOT ADVANTAGE. And some certain people I have kept my mouth shut about for a while, but can they please use FACTS in their arguments, not POTENTIAL? Your looking like fools....

Whenever I put a legit debate up, it feels like its for nothing, because others post ******** arguments that ruin it.

Its getting changed to 6:4MK, whether you like it or not. Give me an amazing argument with facts on why fox goes even with mk and ill consider changing it. Look past your huge egos PLEASE.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Was that Arturito's first time playing MK?

Either way; i can beat the average MK with fox, and more so with Samus. That doesn't mean those characters have the advantage. Just means i have more knowledge in the match-up. In order to BETTER you character, you have to accept that some characters flat-out have a better match-up.

I think saying; 'this is how you beat a MK using fox' would go ALOT further than just flat out saying 'fox beats MK'. Its just a ridiculous notion.

Akamaru94

Smash Rookie
Was that Arturito's first time playing MK?

Either way; i can beat the average MK with fox, and more so with Samus. That doesn't mean those characters have the advantage. Just means i have more knowledge in the match-up. In order to BETTER you character, you have to accept that some characters flat-out have a better match-up.

I think saying; 'this is how you beat a MK using fox' would go ALOT further than just flat out saying 'fox beats MK'. Its just a ridiculous notion.
That wasn't his first time playing MK, he'd been working on his MK for about 1-2 weeks. He's and Ike main though so yeah.. but it wasn't his first time playing MK and every time he does pick MK I always pick Delfino since it basically counters MK's gimping game against Fox.

M@v

Subarashii!
I can't see this match as being any less then 65/35.
its going 6:4 for now, and I will post later with FACTS why(****load of college work to do...i shouldn't even be online right now >_>) but I have had it with all the b.s arguments several fox people make. I dont even TRY anymore. They make fox mains look like a bunch of idiots. Thats why I pm'd you that debate reply....

Also, the matchup guide isnt fairytale land anymore fox boards. Its the truth. Fox is good, but hes not God. Get over it.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
M@v, you could have been a man and just talked to me about it. I made my aim pretty available for everybody. Screw you, though...

everybody posts comments on why each match is what it is... if you want a dictatorship, change the title to "M@v's matchup thread" and don't let us change it. otherwise, whatever.

M@v

Subarashii!
M@v, you could have been a man and just talked to me about it. I made my aim pretty available for everybody. Screw you, though...

everybody posts comments on why each match is what it is... if you want a dictatorship, change the title to "M@v's matchup thread" and don't let us change it. otherwise, whatever.
Its not just you, otherwise I would of wrote Fenrir VII. And I also wrote in the plural. Believe me this isn't just you.
But yeah, you ARE one of them. Yes. you post insightful info, oitherwise I wouldn't of quoted you so much in the thread. You just throw out a lot of potential talk, and say that makes the matchup is what it is. NO it doesn't work like that. It's like saying "if football team A could do this, this, and this, and they did this, this, and this. And if their offense and defense are good, THEN they are the favorites."

What it really is "Football team A CAN do this, CAN do that, but CANT do this, and get beat on offense, but win on defense. Therefore it could go either way."

And no it isnt Mav's dictatorship. All I am asking is that we use facts, not potential, in matchup discussion. Start debating the right way. Thank you.

From the FACTS, Fox vs MK is 6:4 MK. From the "potential" its 6:4 fox.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I read your post again... it says, paraphrased:

Fox can't approach
Fox has a laser that is useless
Fox gets edgeguarded
Fox can't edgeguard.

That's hardly mentioning the stances Fox will take in the match. it's throwing out blanket statements that have very limited backing
If you'll care to read, I list SPECIFIC aspects about each category of defense vs offense on both sides, and SPECIFIC things on edgeguarding.

You'll note that any time you "argue" something, you either a) make some attack directly against the person you're "debating" against, or b) make some extremely vague comment that's so vague, the only actual "content" that it'll contain is just enough to stay topical. You rarely address anything in specific (only time i can think of off the top of my head is when you were talking about going against the MK dtilt, and how fox's sh'd airs are ground attacks lol -because that was the context of EL's comment-)

You need to re-evaluate your own arguing before you can seriously put any effort into actually debating.

Not clearly.
To quote your first sentence:
"Some people around here really need to stop pretending that fox has some wtf advantage on MK (where advantage can be as loosely used as almost even)"

That's the preface of your entire post... to prove to the Foxes that we are wrong... well...no. you didn't do it.
You clearly didn't read the last paragraph of my post, where my true preface is stated.

EL: Please choose somebody more knowledgeable next time you decide to back them. Somebody who doesn't throw out key errors in their analysis that are so easy to debunk. thanks.
EL, like any person who actually thinks, doesn't just pick a random side and support it. He picks whatever side he believes to be correct, and debates on that side. If there happens to be someone else debating on the same side as him, he'll back them up, since they've likely already said a few of his points.

If I get into this, you'll say I'm pulling mindgames into it.
Is this because you realize that there isn't an answer that actually supports your side of the argument, and the only way you could possibly give some explanation is because the fox is a better player than the MK, which would defeat your whole argument?

More range, sure...
attacks faster...? overall, I guess so, yeah, but Fox has moves that equal in speed and have longer attack time... more "sex kick" type attacks that stay out.
True, I will concede that fox indeed does have more sex kicks than MK. Fox has 1, MK doesn't have any.

MK, on the other hand, has two multihit attacks that will autocancel very close to the ground, allowing him to be safe in using them, since there is not enough of a time window to move close enough to him to hit/grab him before he can attack you. You can argue fox has something similar, in that his fair is multihit, longlasting, and autocancels, until you realize the last hit is a long time before fox actually lands, so there is actually time to punish fox.

The one advantage I truly give to MK in this match is recovery... I think can vary it...and I think he'll get gimped from time to time. that is true. Will he get gimped every time? if the Fox is bad.
True, the fox will get gimped every time if he's bad. However, since the MK has plenty of time to to get his edgeguarding right, the fox will get gimped every time if the MK is good enough too. No matter how much you mix up your recovery, the MK only has to worry about one option at a time until you commit to a different option, at which point the fox has given MK plenty of time to respond, and set up his edgeguard.

Fox punishes him very well, holds his own in the air
You haven't provided even an ounce of evidence for either of these claims. I've provided strong evidence against both of these claims, yet you still throw out these broad, general, un-true claims.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Fox boards...I present to you...YOUR NEW LEADER.....

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!

*watches as a revolution takes place

M@v

Subarashii!
If you'll care to read, I list SPECIFIC aspects about each category of defense vs offense on both sides, and SPECIFIC things on edgeguarding.

You'll note that any time you "argue" something, you either a) make some attack directly against the person you're "debating" against, or b) make some extremely vague comment that's so vague, the only actual "content" that it'll contain is just enough to stay topical. You rarely address anything in specific (only time i can think of off the top of my head is when you were talking about going against the MK dtilt, and how fox's sh'd airs are ground attacks lol -because that was the context of EL's comment-)

You need to re-evaluate your own arguing before you can seriously put any effort into actually debating.

You clearly didn't read the last paragraph of my post, where my true preface is stated.

EL, like any person who actually thinks, doesn't just pick a random side and support it. He picks whatever side he believes to be correct, and debates on that side. If there happens to be someone else debating on the same side as him, he'll back them up, since they've likely already said a few of his points.

Is this because you realize that there isn't an answer that actually supports your side of the argument, and the only way you could possibly give some explanation is because the fox is a better player than the MK, which would defeat your whole argument?

True, I will concede that fox indeed does have more sex kicks than MK. Fox has 1, MK doesn't have any.

MK, on the other hand, has two multihit attacks that will autocancel very close to the ground, allowing him to be safe in using them, since there is not enough of a time window to move close enough to him to hit/grab him before he can attack you. You can argue fox has something similar, in that his fair is multihit, longlasting, and autocancels, until you realize the last hit is a long time before fox actually lands, so there is actually time to punish fox.

True, the fox will get gimped every time if he's bad. However, since the MK has plenty of time to to get his edgeguarding right, the fox will get gimped every time if the MK is good enough too. No matter how much you mix up your recovery, the MK only has to worry about one option at a time until you commit to a different option, at which point the fox has given MK plenty of time to respond, and set up his edgeguard.

You haven't provided even an ounce of evidence for either of these claims. I've provided strong evidence against both of these claims, yet you still throw out these broad, general, un-true claims.

*snif* beautiful....perfect reply....

EL what about me =(

Top Bottom