• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest TOs Unite To Ban Metaknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
your post wasn't helpful or funny in any way... don't do that :)

on a side note, the words unite and metaknight rhyme!!!!

Rat

Smash Lord
This makes me happy. Not that I agree with banning Meta knight yet. I just hate him.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Ban a character that's not even placing top 3 in our tourneys, that'll show... us?

Levitas

the moon
khepri: bad joke

bowyer: shut up noob, stop making bad jokes and stuff. now listen to my even dumber witty comment.

WOW. seriously...

I don't know if I agree with the ban or not yet, we'll see how this plays out

RoboticSithDrone

Smash Apprentice
As a Midwest TO, I respectfully disagree, simply because MK has not caused my particular tournament series to degenerate into MK mirrors like everyone seems afraid it will. I will wait until something sufficiently negative happens as a direct consequence of MK being legal before making a decision.

khepri

Smash Lord
your post wasn't helpful or funny in any way... don't do that :)

on a side note, the words unite and metaknight rhyme!!!!
Plenty of useless posts every where ^

Anyway, I'm neither for it or against it. If the game is going to be regulated though then why not start banning some of the chain grabs as well??

Overswarm

is laughing at you
As a Midwest TO, I respectfully disagree, simply because MK has not caused my particular tournament series to degenerate into MK mirrors like everyone seems afraid it will. I will wait until something sufficiently negative happens as a direct consequence of MK being legal before making a decision.
GUYS! There is a car coming! Get out of the road!

roboticsithdrone said:
I think I'll wait until it actually causes some damage before I do that, we're doing just fine right now, don't you think?
But we've already seen what's happening when people get hit by cars all across the US!

roboticsithdrone said:
But I haven't been hit by a car yet
*facepalm*

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
This is the same course I would take too. It seems silly to ban something before its an issue.

Also, Im aware that TX is considering banning MK, but I haven't heard anything about Canada or FL doing this. Do you have a source for this information you can supply us with?

GUYS! There is a car coming! Get out of the road!

But we've already seen what's happening when people get hit by cars all across the US!

*facepalm*
Not everyone thinks its a car. And that's a bad analogy, being hit by a car can easily cause death, or serious permanent damage. However, if a character in a video game proves to be ban worthy, then you can just ban it when the time comes. There's no real risk for permanent damage from the lack of action of not moving out of the way.

Levitas

the moon
We're gonna keep metaknight legal at the new u of m digiops tournament until scotu loses his immunity to being hit by cars.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
na, i'm immune to being hit by cars. well, apparently Levitas has been trying for years, yet again strengthening my immunity.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I'm still decidedly neutral on the MK issue but...I can safely say Bob Dole would approve of this message.

Duckersmsh3

Smash Cadet
so your bann a charcter for no god reason. quit b****ing and learn a conter charcter.
may i recomend ike snake or lucario both can matian control over a metanoob and for god sake stop motor sliding them it was a decent mind game for a while but is now easly countered
ps my key board is on the frits

Overswarm

is laughing at you
so your bann a charcter that has a car for no god reason quit b****ing and learn a conter car.
may i recomend ike snake or lucario both can matian control over a metanoob and for god sake stop motor sliding them it was a decent mind game for a while but is now easly countered
Who ARE you and what does that mean. O_o

all I know is that I have to conter car :(

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
so your bann a charcter for no god reason. quit b****ing and learn a conter charcter.
ps my key board is on the frits
LOL

Who ARE you and what does that mean. O_o

all I know is that I have to conter car :(
Conter lmao :laugh:

Also, i really dont care which way this goes i guess. Although out of at least half my tourny losses, they have come from a MK. Then again i like a challenge i guess.

-BC-

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Also, i really dont care which way this goes i guess. Although out of at least half my tourny losses, they have come from a MK. Then again i like a challenge i guess.
Don't get me wrong, I love challenges too. I beat all the bosses in MM2 with just the blaster without getting hit.... but when I got to Air Man, I had to realize that some challenges just couldn't be beaten and you have to take them out of the equation for a fair, yet difficult, challenge.

nojoes

Smash Ace
****. I've been beat to it. We were planning on banning metaknight at the next Test your Might. Not this one though. Come to this one though. srsly. please.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
****. I've been beat to it. We were planning on banning metaknight at the next Test your Might. Not this one though. Come to this one though. srsly. please.
I'm only going to the MWC events and then tournaments with MK banned.... so nyet.

But if you and vayseth are both banning it, we might be able to have our own "MK banned" circuit if Kel doesn't want to have "no MK" tournaments in the circuit in the spring! :D

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Pardon my ignorance... but can someone link a thread here where OS debated why he should be banned?

If he really is imba, I wouldn't mind banning him. (Team Kirby can live without him....) But I would like to see in person as well as read up as to why he really should be banned.

Also my friend was hit by a car going 40, with through the windshield, and WALKED out of the hospital that morning with 2 stiches... wtf!

Guess he should be banned too...

Lethal Beauty

Smash Apprentice
Wow, it's that bad over there, huh?

There aren't any impossible Meta Knight players around here, so I doubt I'll start banning him at my tournaments. He's certainly annoying and difficult to play against, but I never experienced a problem great enough to warrant a ban.

Can you list why he should be banned? I'm only interested to hear.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I hope TOs who ban MK are doing it because they believe it's in the community's best interest, not because of Overshirt's Crusade Against Metaknight (OCAM).

xeno

Smash Ace
*gasp* A reasonable post in this thread? Impossible!
If a character is not winning tournaments, they should not be banned.
(not that if they win, they should be banned, but winning should be a requirement for banning)
That'd be like uh.. banning Melee Jigglypuff because she has "omg 1 frame instant kill"

Flandy121

Smash Apprentice
Things that keep us from winning tournaments 1.) Metaknight, 2.) Johns, 3.) Anther. We have successfully banned #1. Can we ban the others too?

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I was against his banning, but after seeing Hobo and several local tourneys be nothing but MK dittos for the last three rounds, I'm starting to agree. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out in the Midwest.

On a side note, if MK is banned, who do you see going to the top place? Snake is #2 so he seems to be favored, but how much of his placement was due to him being even in the MK matchup? I can honestly see him dropping a few slots with this removed, and GaW or DeDeDe taking the throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom