• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brawl Power Rankings (update: 10/28)

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Since most of the board for melee does not play Brawl we believe that the board needs to be reformed specifically for Brawl. I know that when I stated getting into competitive smash it was the prospect of getting on the power rankings that drove me to tournaments and drove me to take the game more seriously. We think this is the case for many players (many have even told us that) and given that reason we think it is entirely necessary that we got one started so that NC smash can continue to develop. The board is made up by myself and Lord Karn representing the Triangle area, LoZR representing the north, Dr. Peepee representing… somewhere, and Ali and Peter representing the Charlotte area. If you want to get on the rankings or you think that you should be higher the best way to do so is to come to tournaments and make sure the results are posted. Congrats to everyone.

p.s. Lets try to be civil

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The NC Brawl Power Rankings

1. Dr. Peepee (Marth)
2. Ali (Snake)
3. NC-Echo (Olimar)
3. Lord Karn (ROB)
5. Lozr (Wario)
6. LDPK (Pikachu)
7. Dama (Wario)
8. Ptown (Ike, ZSS, Snake)
9. Zero Gamer (Lucario)
10. Devin (Marth)

Honorable Mentions (in alphabetic order)

Criospinx (Ness)
Khai (Toon Link)
Ragnarok (DK)
Ryanarius (Pit)
Sushi-Man (Meta-Knight)

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I would like to make a few notations, if you don't mind.

NEO: I am not sure as to when he last showed up to a tourney at Gamer's Edge... I don't think it was 09/02. I'll have to check again, but I thought it was like... 3 months ago. In any case, I wouldn't consider him better than half of the people on the list.

ARS: is generally better than he places. He regularly places at around 4th or 5th, and performed decently at Bill Justice (9th, iirc). He is comparable, skill wise, to Devin.

both of the 10/13 tourneys had a maximum of 9 entrants. They were not so much tournaments, as they were a last minute gathering with a dollar entry, tourney style. They aren't really an accurate judge of Charlotte area talent, imo. Next time I am at Gamer's Edge, I will post some other results that I can't pull up at the moment. They would be quite a bit more precise.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
STYKz -
Brawl Singles:
1st - Dr.PP (Marth/MK)
2nd - Karn (Snake)
3rd - LoZR (Wario/Marth)
4th - Anthony (LDPK?) (Pikachu)
Bill, weren't you in the top 8 here too?

See-Saw:
1st - LoZR and Dark Hart
2nd - Malk, Dr.PP, and Bill? I think it was Bill.

Jubilee - 3rd Ali (Snake) and 4th PP (Marth/MK). I know that Alex (ROB) and Dama (Wario) were somewhere in the top 8 as well. I'm not sure if LoZR or anyone else from NC made it into the top 8 though. Maybe LoZR?

This should count for something.

PS: Like I said, I'm #9. coughpeoplevoteme9cough

EDIT: Also, we should convince those Gamers edge kids to come to the bi-weeklies to get a better view of who stack's up where and who deserves what spot on the soon to come NC Rankings List thing.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
EDIT: Also, we should convince those Gamers edge kids to come to the bi-weeklies to get a better view of who stack's up where and who deserves what spot on the soon to come NC Rankings List thing.
Last billbill
1. Dr. PeePee (Marth)
2. NC-Echo (Olimar)
3. Ali (Snake)
4. Lord Karn (ROB)
5. Devin (Marth)
5. Ph00tbag (Zero Suit Samus)
7. LDPK (Pikachu)
7. Arc (Toon Link)

There's two people who frequent GE.

I was at the first Bill Justice, and I placed 9th (I think). I would place higher, and will place higher at the next one.

BEHR

Smash Hero
IM too lazy too vote bro. D:

Oh well.

Bill play me at the next bill.

BEHR

Smash Hero
DH and Crios- Its not that big off a deal. <.<

H-Box- Good **** bro.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
would a voting system really work efficiently...?

having rankings is a good idea, but voting on it is odd.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Bill has a system worked out, no worries guys. This is just a way to get everyone involved in the rankings, and to make them as accurate as possible.

Lol Hbox. Wasuuuup!

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Quoted stuff
Whether or not you want to qualify Ali's status as a gamer's edge kid is irrelevent. He knows the competition there better than most, So his input in relation to the point that you brought up in your first post makes what I said true.

In addition, I will refer you to the rest of my post. Me, ARS, XAT, and Decoy were at Bill Justice.

Me and ARS got around 9th, XAT got like 8th, and decoy did... okay.

I went on to say that I performed poorly against arc, and I will place higher next bill I make it to. Not John'ing, just pointing out truth in the matter. I look forward to the next bi-weekly with enthusiasm

Addendum: ARS really should have placed higher too, he just fails at being non-apathetic.

Edit: Please don't infer my posts as a personal attack. If I come across like an ***-hole, I apologize.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You goin to the very next Billfest Crio? I probably won't see you then bro. How many of these are you gonna make next month?

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I have been trying to make it to all of them. I missed the last 2 due to work, though.

And considering the company I work for is officially going out of business, I guess I'll have a bit of free time on my hands.

I wish there was a definitive date on the next fest though.

Malk

Smash Champion
I believe his system is dumb and flawed and this will only generate flaming and eventually I will post a fake one that all good players will enjoy much more.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I believe his system is dumb and flawed and this will only generate flaming and eventually I will post a fake one that all good players will enjoy much more.
I agree.

Whether or not you want to qualify Ali's status as a gamer's edge kid is irrelevent. He knows the competition there better than most, So his input in relation to the point that you brought up in your first post makes what I said true.

Edit: Please don't infer my posts as a personal attack. If I come across like an ***-hole, I apologize.
I was just saying I don't consider him a gamers edge kid, that's all. Meant nothing negative by it. But it's good that he knows the competition there better than most since he's the panelist for that area.

And no offense taken. :)

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
The next one is unfortunately not November 1st but November 8th. Sorry for the long wait. I'll post the topic later.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Malk is right. Power Rankings have always caused problems. Too many factors, and I'm not one to talk on this subject. I tried once, but was a scrub at the time (not that I'm much different now than I was then) and tried to be an hero. These things are problematic and no one will every come to see eye to eye, even with clear tournament results providing proof of placement.

After that note here's my list -

1) SR RAPTOR
2) BEANIE
3) NC CATFISH
4) LoZR (sorry, bro - nohomo)
5)Chocolate Thunder
6)Chocolate Thunder
7)Chocolate Thunder
8)Ali
9)Chocolate Thunder
10)The famous McScrub that could beat two lvl9 Mr.Game&watches TWICE!!!

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
The next one is unfortunately not November 1st but November 8th. Sorry for the long wait. I'll post the topic later.
Yay! There's a good chance I'll be there, no promises though. SoVa should come to this one. You shouldn't hold one on the 22nd, since that's when C3 is.
Why do you agree with people so much Lucas?
Because I'm always so happy that it's annoying. :)

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
bill, i miss you this much

[--------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------]

:(

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If you're not going to host tournaments for me to go to, bro, then you could at least come and give me hugs during the day like you used to (very homo).

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Is there some kind of hidden, point-based system behind this that the panelists are going to use? Or is it just going to be based off of everyone's vote for who they want to see up top?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Is there some kind of hidden, point-based system behind this that the panelists are going to use? Or is it just going to be based off of everyone's vote for who they want to see up top?
The rankings will be largely determined by the board but we are taking into consideration other NC smashers contributions.

ph00tbag's account has been hijacked by BillBillBill for this post.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
The rankings cannot be fairly done with just tournament results alone because some people can't make it to every tournament. The rankings should be based upon tournament placement, skill, and involvement so going to more tournaments helps but we don't want to punish people too much for not being about to make it to every one. We determined that the best way to do this was to make the rankings based largely upon board member votes and encouraging votes to be based largely but not entirely off of tournament results.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
just remember...

im the best!!

oh wait this isnt melee

anyways my list will be made sometime, although its really hard to put someone in front of someone else in this game

Malk

Smash Champion
my list for brawl is
1) kevin
2) quis'
3) l0zr
4) PP (sorry man)
5) Ali
6) karn
7) kid2
8) speedsk8r
9) dark hart