• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokedex Entry 13: Wolf

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
here is gheb's insight (wolf main)

Squirtle:

The hardest pkmn for Wolf. Squirtle would easily have the advantage, if he wasn't so easy to KO. His mobility in the air, his small size and his fast moves make him hard to pressure or let's better say impossible to pressure. Be campy. Stay on teh ground, use your best options out of shield and finish him asap

55:45 Squirtle

Ivysaur:

Ivysaur is easier. She has some overpowered finishers, be aware of them. Other than that she's got nothing on you. Wolfs faster and easily outcamps her. He's also better in the air. You should stay out of the air though. Ivys anti-air game is good. She's easily finished as she lacks a decent recover

60:40 Wolf

Charizard.:

The easiest Pkmn for Wolf. He's huge and slow so use agressinvely bair to pressure him into oblivion. He's very slow in the air and on the ground so use your mobility to zone him and get him pff the stage. Don't try to gimp him though. His recovery has SA frames, which makes him hard to gimp for Wolf. It shouldn't be necesary though.

65:35 Wolf

Overall...it's hard to say. The longer Squirtle is in play, the harder it get's. But since Wolf has the advantage over Ivy and Zard it should be slightly in Wolfs favour...I guess

Discuss

and here is mine

okay. squirtle combos wolf to hell. squirtle's utilt on low percent wolf means like 50% when done correctly. water gun is a lulzy option for gimps, but squirtle's aerials can also do the job just fine, particularly dair due to its trajectory. camping isn't going to bother squirtle at all, he likes being in the air. dsmash is probably squirtle's biggest fear because of its trajectory.

55:45 to 60:40 advantage for squirtle.

ivysaur is outcamped. but that's alright. up close, ivysaur outranges all of wolf's options with bair, ftilt, and jabs. bullet seed does a load of damage on wolf because of his fall speed, and a blocked fsmash is a good opportunity for it. ivysaur can gimp wolf with frequent bairs, and instant tether kills a wolf needing to sweetspot, which is difficult enough as it is. both can gimp each other pretty well.

it's close to neutral, imo.

charizard is bad for wolf, honestly. he can shieldgrab anything wolf does in the air. and charizard is not slow. both attack and movement wise. flamethrower does ridiiiiiiiiiiculous amounts of damage to a recovering wolf. i'm talking like 30% bare minimum. and wolf will have to di away, back off stage. flamethrower as an approach is a good option. reflectored flamethrower will just clash with the rest of the flames, so that isn't a problem. but power shielding the lasers to get into range is fine enough. out of shield zard will be able to grab wolf out of a lot of things. zard can also kill wolf pretty well, dtilt has a nasty horizontal angle that wolf will not be able to recover from at like 100%, when complemented with an edge hug.

advantage charizard.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yeah, this is a pretty iffy situation, flamethrower can be usefull but you'd have to pull it out of the blue and use it. Like you said flamethrower> recovering Wolf. Squirtle stands some chance, it's just he is a decently easy kill to C-stick spammers. Ivy, wouldnt suggest spamming Razorleaf(kinda obvius) ummm I think Ivy stands a good chance with his Nair, Dair, Fair and he can rack a few % with his Bair. What I usually do is combo with Nair and Ftilt, I think this would be effective. Otherwise I cant think of anymore I want to say.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You're mad

Play a good Wolf and don't ever say that Wolf doesn't have one advantage again

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
played a good pt recently? ;) see, i can make the same argument, and the fact is that it's hard to prove anything because i doubt there have been any high calibur pt/wolf matches to base anything off of.

Onxy

Smash Lord
I've played Wolf many times both online and off. It seems that Ivyzard does the best for me. What makes Ivy out-camped? I really think Ivy's camping game is seriously underrated here. Ivy can grab Wolf out of many things, has faster, longer range tilts, longer ranged aerials also. Ivysaur has a lot of kill power, and can gimp Wolf effectivly. Ivysaur's terrible aerial speed can cause issues, and the fact that Wolf's smashes are a million times better than Ivy's doesn't help Ivy much either. I would give Ivy a slight advantage, but random trolls are going to say that I'm biased.

Nothing to say on Charizard, because Steeler covered it for me, although he kinda overrated Charizard there. Charizard is way slower than Wolf. Wolf has equivelent range, but I find Charizard's grab game, specials, and recovery that does well. More like a neutral at best.

I find Squirtle at a slight disadvantage. He is out ranged badly. Wolf has a pretty neat air game as well.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ok then I'll sumarize your points in teh OP:

Squirtle: has combos + gimps = 60:40 lolololololol
(ignoring the facts that Wolf wins in power, range, priority, defense and ground game)

Ivysaur: wins range = neutral lololololololol
(ignoring the facts that Wolf is much faster, outcamps, can easily gimp, wins mobility and tons of other stuff)

Zard: can shieldgrab + Flamethrowa = advantage lolololololol
(ignoring facts that Wolf win speed by a mile, priority, mobility, spacing/zoning, defense)

In all of the poins you never mention Wolfs advantages at all or the fact, that he can shine counter every move Squirtle has

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well, this is a really iffy thing. We need to have a source with PtvsWolf tourny action and get some info out of them. Lol at one of the past tournies I went to there were alot of wolfs but I didnt face one. So as much as I could help when it would come to experience with the match up... alas I cant.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
ivysaur is outcamped. but that's alright. up close, ivysaur outranges all of wolf's options with bair, ftilt, and jabs. bullet seed does a load of damage on wolf because of his fall speed, and a blocked fsmash is a good opportunity for it. ivysaur can gimp wolf with frequent bairs, and instant tether kills a wolf needing to sweetspot, which is difficult enough as it is. both can gimp each other pretty well.

it's close to neutral, imo.
What on earth are you smoking

Bomber7

Smash Hero
What on earth are you smoking
I think what Steeler is saying with CQC Ivysaur has a better reaching distance so he can outrange him in that without being hit by one of Wolf's attacks. Kind of like you holding back a person with one hand while they try to punch you but don't even touch you.

Also it's a proven fact that Wolf's edge sweetspot sucks(as does Ivy) but Ivy has good power and knock back and could easily gimp Wolf.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ivysaur is close to neutral up close, ivy has quick options with range that are not easy to punish. lasers force an approach. it's close to neutral with an edge to wolf, not a huge blowout or anything. ivysaur can contend up close. and both characters are easily gimped lol.

i think a big problem is that one board's mains isn't very familiar with the other board's character, so it's hard to really analyze this without some experience first. i recommend a few wifi matches, even though the delay may be there. it'll help us get more familiar with the other character. in the meantime, i can set up a match with a wolf player here this saturday.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Okay then! Discussion is over! Nothing is left to be discussed.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Ok then I'll sumarize your points in teh OP:

Squirtle: has combos + gimps = 60:40 lolololololol
(ignoring the facts that Wolf wins in power, range, priority, defense and ground game)

Ivysaur: wins range = neutral lololololololol
(ignoring the facts that Wolf is much faster, outcamps, can easily gimp, wins mobility and tons of other stuff)

Zard: can shieldgrab + Flamethrowa = advantage lolololololol
(ignoring facts that Wolf win speed by a mile, priority, mobility, spacing/zoning, defense)

In all of the poins you never mention Wolfs advantages at all or the fact, that he can shine counter every move Squirtle has
OK, Exactly WHAT definition of speed are you guys referring to, because if it's running speed, Charizard beats Wolf hands down.

Onxy

Smash Lord
To tell you the truth, Wolf doesn't really do that much better than Zard when it comes to speed. Charizard's Ftilt, Fsmash, Dsmaash, and Rocksmash are the only laggy ones. As for running speed: Charizard >> Wolf.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ah, yeah. usmash is surprisingly quick. i always forget about it...

charizard and wolf both have pretty good spacing games...it's hard to give an advantage there. wolf forces the approach but wolf has to be very careful or else he will be grabbed.but charizard dominates off stage, imo. flamethrower, again, is a huge hassle for wolf and will take a lot of damage, particularly since wolf's up b doesn't sweetspot the edge.

and again, charizard is not slow. wolf has a slight speed advantage, but it's not to the point where it's a huge *** hassle for charizard. all three pokemon are quick enough that wolf can't just land blow after blow and the poke just being unable to do anything.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Gheb,

From reading your response and opinion about Zard I am curious.
What are the general behaviors of the Charizards you have fought that makes you feel that the advantage is clearly Wolfs?

I play both chars and I play that Zard versus wolf a lot and I dont think that Zard is at a disadvantage in any way. Both characters have their strengths (IMO Wolf has TONS of good points) but I dont see how Wolf counters anything Zard does well.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Wolf is one of the characters most prone to Bthrow Fthrow gimp with Charizard.

Also, basing this off just a few games with a Wolf main, I thought Squirtle was the least useful, but that was a few months ago so I might say differently. Wolf's Reflector was incredibly annoying though, since it has invincibility frames and is a suitable counter, basically.

Onxy

Smash Lord
I find it strange that we PT mains mostly think Squirtle is the worst here, but they insist that it isn't.

washy

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what the hell your talking about, charizard's Dtilt, grab, upsmash, jabs arial game are all really quick and he has good spacing on stuff like rock smash and his tilts. Hes not as slow as you guys are making it sound.

and yeah lol, charizard runs faster than wolf.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Let them think what they want. This isn't going to an accurate discussion anyway.

Onxy

Smash Lord
I don't know what the hell your talking about, charizard's Dtilt, grab, upsmash, jabs, Utilt, and aerial game are all really quick and he has good spacing on stuff like rock smash and his tilts. Hes not as slow as you guys are making it sound.

and yeah lol, charizard runs faster than wolf.
With a few changes to that, basically EVERYTHING besides Fsmash, and Dsmash, are all really quick.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
I play wolf very frequently, i know both chars ( sometimes i think wolf is fatigued becauseof his standing animation LOL)
Squirtle is pretty close to neutral, he combos the heck out of wolf and gimps him very well, but the lil turtle gets killed easily and the reflector is amusing, i think of 55/45 squirtle
Ivysaur is outcamped, and its sometimes hard for her to close the distance, but once she does she can easily have the advantage, outranging and bullet seed **** f.t.wolf... its not so hard for wolf to gimp ivy, since his sweetspot range sucks really bad, i think ivy has an easier time gimping wolf, 55/45 for ivy
Charizard gets hurt by lasers, but he can shieldgrab anything else wolf has, and charizards spacing is better IMO, 50/50

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I play wolf very frequently, i know both chars ( sometimes i think wolf is fatigued becauseof his standing animation LOL)
Squirtle is pretty close to neutral, he combos the heck out of wolf and gimps him very well, but the lil turtle gets killed easily and the reflector is amusing, i think of 55/45 squirtle
Ivysaur is outcamped, and its sometimes hard for her to close the distance, but once she does she can easily have the advantage, outranging and bullet seed **** f.t.wolf... its not so hard for wolf to gimp ivy, since his sweetspot range sucks really bad, i think ivy has an easier time gimping wolf, 55/45 for ivy
Charizard gets hurt by lasers, but he can shieldgrab anything else wolf has, and charizards spacing is better IMO, 50/50
Well that explains the new Avatar (still don't know why the thumbnail is Pikachu though). As far as I know, Characters with a good, long ranged projectile gives Charizard trouble. While Fox and Falco are good examples of this, Wolf is the only Starfox character who isn't (Maybe Wolf should have taken more blueprints than the landmaster). Becasue of this, Wolf's projectile is less on the level of Fox and Falco, and more on the level of Ivysaur (except harder to spam). This gives Charizard SOME breathing room, but it isn't much. Still, any projectile can level out the playing field against Char, but I'd give it around the same mark we gave Ivy Vs. Char, Charizard advantage, just not by much...

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
I have a friend that mains wolf and hes pretty **** good..(I placed 2nd at a tournament while he placed 1st).

Ivy does have the worst match up unfortunetly.. the lasers and the reflector. tis a little sad honestly.

In regards to Zard... I get alot more results when I play defesively his bair comes from nowhere and his fsmash covers great distances. My counter to that was shield grab.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
My opinion (copy/pasted from the other thread):

Squirtle: Squirtle can actually avoid the lasers and get in for the hit. The problem is, Wolf outranges him. If a Wolf plays it rather defensively, I think he can have the upper hand. Squirtle is a get-up-in-your-face character. If Wolf can see that coming and counter it, then Squirtle will have to find different ways around. Otherwise, Wolf can counter. The advantage to Squirtle in this case? One whiffed move and Squirtle can land the attack. It's all about patience and reactions here on Wolf's part, and manuverability on Squirtle's.

50:50.

Ivysaur: Razor Leaf works well at getting in against Wolf, as long as he doesn't reflect them. Which can happen if they're too preocuppied with lasers and such. However, the good part about Ivysaur is that he can create openings to get in and Bair if he wishes. Wolf here depends on stopping Ivysaur from getting in, for Ivysaur outranges them. However, Wolf can gimp Ivysaur easily, and with Wolf being great at getting opponents off-stage, it isn't hard to kill him.

55:45 Wolf.

Charizard: Charizard is faster than Wolf. Wolf is more manuverable in the air. Charizard can stop your approaches with Flamethrower and Bair. Wolf can spam out Charizard so he doesn't approach. Charizard gimps Wolf. Wolf gets Charizard off of the stage. Basically, because of manuverability in the air and the ability to stop an oncoming Charizard with lasers, Wolf has the advantage. However, a Wolf has to be careful in range; a good Charizard can easily shield grab you, thanks to giant range (though I'm not sure out of the Bair + DI.) He can also punish with Ftilt, Dtilt, Flamethrower, and Rock Smash. Charizard outranges Wolf. Wolf outcamps Charizard. Basically, force Charizard to approach, and be careful in range. If Charizard takes control of the match, you're dead. However, if you play it right, you start with the control, meaning that you'll be able to keep the control easily.

60:40 Wolf (possibly 65:35.)

Overall Pokemon Trainer vs. Wolf: 55:45 or 60:40 Wolf.

---------------------

Also, with a dash grab, Charizard might be able to shield grab a DI'ed Bair. Not sure.

Toby.

Smash Master
I really wish we had frame data. It would make all of this so much easier.

I mostly agree with Demenise, although I'm not so sure about 65:35 vs charizard. 60:40 seems to match my experience more closely.

I'll probably do a write up later on. Actually knowing me I'll probably forget.

Go Team!

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Squirtle- Squirtle can combo wolf and the pressure he puts up is hard to deal with. Shine helps but overall A good Squirtle can pressure him. Squirtle is light but wolf is easily gimped so they should die at similar percentages. Slight advantage to Squirtle. 55-45 or 60-40

Ivy- Outcamped by lasers although as mentioned it can be hard to spam lasers and reflect incoming leaves at the same time. At close range Ivy may have the advantage. Bullet seed is not that hard to hit and it does a ton of damage. Both of them can easily gimp the other off stage. If Ivy hits you with a bair and then vinewhipe the ledge Wolf is in trouble. Similarly Wolf can just grab the edge. However Wolf is going to have a far easier time getting Ivy off stage. Ivy doesn't have that many good horizontal knockback attacks, besides grabs which could be hard to get on Wolf. Wolf on the other hand has Fsmash and Dsmash which will get Ivy far off the stage at reasonable percentages and are easy to hit with. I'd say Wolf overall has a pretty solid advantage here. His biggest fear is bullet seed and if he could avoid that he's in good shape. I'd say 60-30 Wolf. Maybe 65-35.

Charizard- Charizard can gimp Wolf very easily. Wolf may want to stay away from the edge of the stage because if he stays there Charizard can throw and Spike or throw and flamethrower. Wolf also may have a tough time KOing charizard if he wants to use Fsmash or Dsmash up close. Speaking of up close I think Charizard has the advantage here largely because of his grab range. Wolf can rack up some damage with laser spam but rock smash and flamethrower make up the damage quickly if you hit them right. Wolf's main advantage here is lasers but I think Zard can break through the laser spam without taking an incredible amount of damage and has a much easier time getting the knock out. 60-40 Zard.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
K, here is some more deep stuff 4 u to show u teh truth

Squirtle:

This is the most troublesome Pkmn for Wolf. If you disagree you don't know Wolf.
Wolf relies on:

Spacing (range + aerial mobility) - Squirtle has amazing aerial mobility (similar to Wario) to make spacing a pain in teh @$$
Speed - Squirtle and Wolf have equally fast battle speed
Zoning / Pressure - Squirtle is too mobile and small to be easily pressured

Wolf wins in: Priority, defense and KO power

Squirtle has a bit more advantages here. 55:45 Squirtle

Ivysaur:

I find it hilarious how ppl say it's easy to get around blaster but never menton that it's much asier to get around Ivys ranged attacks.

Wolf wins in raged battles...blaster, Shine and fsmash shut Ivy down. Completly. Ivy has to approach, something she isn't very good to begin with (no pressure move that's unlaggy and ranged). Wolf can easily destroy weak approaches with wall of wolf. In close range Wolf wins again no matter how fast you think Ivys jabs / tilts are, wolf is either faster or outranges them, and in all cases wins in priority.

Ivy wins mid-range but it's easier to get around than Wolfs defense. All of the "vine" attacks are easily beaten by a Sh Bair over it. From this position Wolf can easily outspace / zone Ivy to wherever he wants and there's not much she can do about it

Charaizard:

No matter what you guys believe. Wolf is faster in battle. Period. If Zard has as much range as you say and as good a shieldpressure game as you say and has as much speed as you say and as much power as you say, he'd be top tier. Zard is mediocre. He is not fast and certainly nowhere near as fast as Wolf and range he only ties at best. Wolf - needless to say - wins priority again just in case. The flamethrower is the smallest problem here, Wolf has infinite possibilities to stop it - Sh bair over it works (Zard is big enough), Shine to reflect it, whatever.

All of Zards smashes have a startup lag, which makes them fodder for shine counters too. Zard like Ivy lacks mobility and can't handle the agrresive pressure too well. He's heavy and thus ahrd to defeat so landing KO goes to Zard.

Wolfs advantage

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
I agree with gheb, except in the charizard part, he is quick, he has the range , defensive game, ko power and all that, hes just easily juggled( something wolf cant do well, except for his uair), and duh... any pokemon places at any place on the tier list, we all should know that and the reasons by now, if charizard alone would be a character he will be high tier IMO
I think charizard versus wolf is neutral, both can win if they do well, wolf has spam, charizard has shieldgrab, both have power and weight, charizard has better recovery and an easy time gimping wolf, maybe even 55/45 for zard
Charizard92: The pikachu thumbnail is pikachu he has benn my main since 64 ( i love pika vs marth fights... those are so hard :p) and now hes one of my mains in brawl, im happy hes that good now, but i dont use him too much now because get better with PT is my priority... oh, and i have tried to change the thumbnail, but i forgot how to :p

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Go to user CP, then to edit profile, then scroll down to smash character, and they give you a list

Tien2500

Smash Lord
K, here is some more deep stuff 4 u to show u teh truth

Squirtle:

This is the most troublesome Pkmn for Wolf. If you disagree you don't know Wolf.
Wolf relies on:

Spacing (range + aerial mobility) - Squirtle has amazing aerial mobility (similar to Wario) to make spacing a pain in teh @$$
Speed - Squirtle and Wolf have equally fast battle speed
Zoning / Pressure - Squirtle is too mobile and small to be easily pressured

Wolf wins in: Priority, defense and KO power

Squirtle has a bit more advantages here. 55:45 Squirtle

Ivysaur:

I find it hilarious how ppl say it's easy to get around blaster but never menton that it's much asier to get around Ivys ranged attacks.

Wolf wins in raged battles...blaster, Shine and fsmash shut Ivy down. Completly. Ivy has to approach, something she isn't very good to begin with (no pressure move that's unlaggy and ranged). Wolf can easily destroy weak approaches with wall of wolf. In close range Wolf wins again no matter how fast you think Ivys jabs / tilts are, wolf is either faster or outranges them, and in all cases wins in priority.

Ivy wins mid-range but it's easier to get around than Wolfs defense. All of the "vine" attacks are easily beaten by a Sh Bair over it. From this position Wolf can easily outspace / zone Ivy to wherever he wants and there's not much she can do about it

Charaizard:

No matter what you guys believe. Wolf is faster in battle. Period. If Zard has as much range as you say and as good a shieldpressure game as you say and has as much speed as you say and as much power as you say, he'd be top tier. Zard is mediocre. He is not fast and certainly nowhere near as fast as Wolf and range he only ties at best. Wolf - needless to say - wins priority again just in case. The flamethrower is the smallest problem here, Wolf has infinite possibilities to stop it - Sh bair over it works (Zard is big enough), Shine to reflect it, whatever.

All of Zards smashes have a startup lag, which makes them fodder for shine counters too. Zard like Ivy lacks mobility and can't handle the agrresive pressure too well. He's heavy and thus ahrd to defeat so landing KO goes to Zard.

Wolfs advantage
You neglect to mention that Wolf can be very easily gimped. Squirtle can fair him off the stage fairly easily. This balances out a bit with Wolf's power advantage. Overall I'd say Squirtle is slightly better than you put it. 60-40. But 55-45 isn't unreasonable.

As for Ivy, bair is ranged and has very low lag. Its hard for Ivy to approach and he probably will take a bit of damage but he'll be able to break through. Bullet seed helps even out things in close range. Although I still agree on the 60-40 part. You shouldn't see Ivy much in this battle. He should switch as quickly as possible.

Again with Zard you neglected to mention his gimping abilities which are significant in this matchup. Charizard can get wolf off of the stage at fairly low percentages. If he hits Wolf with either an Fair or Dair or Bair he's done. Charizard can also simply edgeguard with a good old fashioned ledge grab (if Wolf can't recover above the stage) or he can edgeguard with flamethrower which will deal a huge chunk of damage.

I don't know what you're talking about in regards to speed. If you mean running speed Zard is way faster. He runs as quickly as pickachu. In terms of his attacks his jab I think is similar in speed to Wolf's, his grab is incredibly quick and has good range. Dtilt is very fast too. You shouldn't be seeing any other attacks too much at close range.

Of course Wolf can pelt him with lasers throughout the match and Fsmash and Dsmash can be useful here. However the potential for Wolf to be gimped shifts the match into Charizard's favor.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Thanks Charizard 92!! , now i have my cool charizard thumbnail!!
Why is this thread like death??? We have not arrived to a conclusion yet

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Because the halberd is cool :p... anyway it wont still there for a long time, i chose it cause it was the first cool i saw in the avatar list, and i dont wanna pick one of my pc because maybe people wont be able to see it
On topic: So, squirtle neutral, ivy disadvantage and charizard advantage... anyone wanna agree or disagree?

Fearmy

Smash Ace
actually Zard and Wolf are equal in speed, Zard has some laggy moves, (F-smash) but the smashes are actually as fast as wolfs. Now charizard can approach, but the blaster can't be canceled by flamethrower. Charizard outranges wolf however, grab range, flamethower (yes it can be reflected, but how often will you see it coming? it's going to be used to edeguard.) Charizard's tilts are faster than wolf, but wolf's smashes are a tiny bit faster than Charizard. Now Charizard has the 0 death potential. Seeing how wolf does have a bad recovery shows that IF charizard gets to wolf, Wolf will be dead about 75% of the time with the ground game advantages Zard has. Now then again this is an IF, if Charizard gets shined and lazered, and doesn't know how to counter it, he is screwed. Charizard's Jab is actually a tiny bit faster than wolf's
I would say this is really iffy, but i'm going with Charizard 55:45

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You know nothing of Wolf, sadly. If I'd live somewher near you, I'd teach u a lesson ;)

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
actually Zard and Wolf are equal in speed, Zard has some laggy moves, (F-smash) but the smashes are actually as fast as wolfs. Now charizard can approach, but the blaster can't be canceled by flamethrower. Charizard outranges wolf however, grab range, flamethower (yes it can be reflected, but how often will you see it coming? it's going to be used to edeguard.) Charizard's tilts are faster than wolf, but wolf's smashes are a tiny bit faster than Charizard. Now Charizard has the 0 death potential. Seeing how wolf does have a bad recovery shows that IF charizard gets to wolf, Wolf will be dead about 75% of the time with the ground game advantages Zard has. Now then again this is an IF, if Charizard gets shined and lazered, and doesn't know how to counter it, he is screwed. Charizard's Jab is actually a tiny bit faster than wolf's
I would say this is really iffy, but i'm going with Charizard 55:45
I'd beg to differ with a few things there.

1) The smashes aren't even CLOSE to as fast as Wolf's. His are faster by a long shot.

2) When you consider range, consider Wolf's blaster. Which is a projectile. Which can get through Charizard and many of his approaches.

3) Tilts are debatable. I think Wolf may have the faster tilts. However, they are relatively close in speed.

4) Wolf's smashes are a LOT faster than Charizard's.

5) The 0-death is rare. A good Wolf can fend you off with Blasters for long enough if you continually focus on the 0-death. Of course, if you sneak it in, it's not too bad... but that's not a common occurence.

6) Jabs are about equal.

Read the paragraph I wrote on the other page for my explanation. 60:40 Wolf, at least.

Top Bottom