• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CAST4 - Nov.22-23 - Confirmations (Rides, Housing, Setups, etc.)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
To view the main tournament thread, click here.

Housing Options
There are a few housing options available for this tournament. The options are as follows:

Kyle's House
Kyle (Chips) has offered to house 10 people in his cozy, heated, bathroom accessable basement, and as many people as necessary in his cold, dungeon-like garage. He also has a really hot mom, and 3 younger siblings if you swing that way.

*This a place suggested for the out of province players, since it has the most space.

Conditions:
  • Out of Province players get priority to stay in his basement
  • $5 dollars all together for the 3 nights per person
  • $5 dollar damage deposit

Confirmed:
  1. Kage
  2. pkmvodka
  3. FalseFalco
  4. BamSoldier
  5. Stevo

Connor's House
Connor (Prized Pig) has graciously offered to house around 10 people at his cozy little second floor condo. Here, you can sleep comfortably on a carpeted floor and a few lucky ones can sleep on his luxuriously fake leather couches.

Conditions
  • Please note it is a condo, so while you can still smash into the night, you must keep the noise reasonable.
  • Don't make a mess, or you'll witness Connor's rage.
  • 10 people maximum. (possibly more, but you'll have to suck up to Connor.)

Confirmed:
  1. Koda
  2. Solaris
  3. WooICYU
  4. chrusher97

THE THUG MANSION
Dynamism's Uncle's Thug Mansion. Invite only.
Italics indicate unconfirmed

Conditions
  • Acceptance is only approved by Dyna.

Confirmed:
  1. Dynamism
  2. Daltsy
  3. jugfingers
  4. Lib3r4t3
  5. Noobking
  6. Jumblez

Jessica's House
Jessica's (PALO DA SUFFOCATOR's) house. Only Dan can stay with her, and even then he has to sleep in the basement floor with Jessica sleeping in her room with her door locked. lol.
Italics indicate unconfirmed

Conditions
  • Must be cute. jk lol, but not really.

Confirmed:
  1. The TECHnician

Other Possible Options
Hotel
For those who want to keep their personal space, I can help you find a nearby hotel where you could stay for the night, comfortably and without someone's foot in your face. Keep in mind that the venue is located below an Inn. To check rates, click here.[/COLOR]

Confirmed:
  1. Alphicans
  2. Frio
  3. Fosh
  4. Vitality

Your Car
Your car.

Outside
For those a little more rugged, there's always to option of sleeping outside.

List of Donations
p.s. moar setups plz. kkthx

TV's
  1. Victra
  2. The Prized Pig
  3. K Lover <--gimpy colored
  4. K Lover
  5. Solaris
  6. Dynamism?
  7. TECH Support

Gamecubes/Wiis
  1. Victra
  2. The Prized Pig
  3. 5950
  4. K Lover
  5. Solaris
  6. Dynamism?
  7. L1b3r4t3
  8. Nitrocidal
  9. FalseFalco

Game / Memory Card
  1. The Prized Pig
  2. 5950
  3. K Lover
  4. Dynamism?
  5. L1b3r4t3
  6. Nitrocidal

VCR's (av cord included.)
  1. Victra
  2. Solaris
  3. L1b3r4t3

Rides
If you are planning on flying, I suggest that you fly to Edmonton. From there, you can either take a greyhound bus, or you carpool with other smashers driving in from Edmonton.

Drivers
Italics dictates unofficially confirmed.

Dynamism
From Kelowna, BC
-Daltsy
-Noobking
-CAOTIC
-Lib3r4t3
-SpaceFalcon
-Jugfingers

Notes:
-No extra seats as of now but it wont be final until the end of October with the potential of 3 more seats.
-Pitch in money for winter tires.

Ermine
From Calgary, AB
-chrusher97
-WooICYU
-
-

Notes:
-lol

Nitrocidal
From Calgary, AB
-Riley
-Levi
-Kithkin
-

FalseFalco
From Edmonton, AB
-pkmvodka
-Bam
-Kage

Solaris
kayak_king1[at]hotmail.com
From Edmonton, AB
-Tyson
-

Notes:
-May leave the tournament early due to harsh weather.

Eggz
From Washington
-DJ Combo
-Silent Wolf

Notes:
-Possibility for more.

TECH Support
From Grand Prairie
- The TECHnician

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I don't know who's to driving to Red Deer from other cities, so please post if you're a driver, and include the people you are driving and how many empty seats you still may have. Thanks.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
INFORMATION MESSAGE NOTICE THINGY FOR..................
Daltsy + CAOTIC + NoobKing + Lib3r4t3 + jugfingers + SpaceFalcon + Jumblez

Note: Nothing will be finalized until after MOST2 which is October 25th but this is the situation as of NOW!!!

News update. Jumblez (my little brother) wants to come to my cousins bday and possibly participate in the tournament if he gets enough playing time in before then. This means that I have to drive him and he will take a seat in the car.

Dynamism
From Kelowna BC

Current Plan:

1. Daltsy, Noobking, CAOTIC and Jumblez can come by carpool in my car the whole way.

2. Lib3r4t3, SpaceFalcon and jugfingers, please give me the time you arrive at the Red Deer GH station from the bus and I will pick you up there.

3. Housing will be provided for all of you.

Current Alternatives and Effects:

1. Jumblez does not come = Lib3r4t3 joins the carpool.

2. Everyone wants to carpool = I bring the truck but it'll be a lot of money out of the carpoolers pockets that way.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
olololol can I bring PAL melee and sneak it into one of the tourney TV's? it'll mindgame the **** out of fox sheik marth and flaco players <3333

kithkin

Smash Champion
I'll leave ride confirmation up to others, but I will take a spot at connors, I'm pretty sure this was discussed, if you could ask him for me that'd be amazing.

But yeah I want connoorrrsss, and I can probably bring a cube, unconfirmed on that though.

P.S: I think The rest of the van might need housing with me but once again not my vote.

Ermine

Smash Ace
I'd like some housing. Anyone wanna put up with me, I sleep with a Beaver Plushie. That's a plus!

Also, I'm driving from Calgary to Red Deer. I have no one "confirmed" for seats yet so 4 are open for the time being.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
i guess you talked to kage and pkm already victor

if they're staying at kyle's then Bam and I have to as well

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Dynasim: I will be getting my GH tickets as soon as my check comes in the mail. This can be anywhere between 1-2 weeks,

How much do I pay you for gas? And are you driving me back to the GH station in Red Deer when it's over? I never took a GH before.

Kyle: Can I stay with you >_o?

Also I'm bringing VCR+Gamecube+****.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Depends where to GH station is but probably $0 lol. Yes I'll drive you back too. Why not stay with the other BCers? :O And first GH you serious? :O

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Cause I just saw top tier names on Kyles list lol.
I haven't left B.C since I was 4. I've been everywhere in this province except out of it.

Edit: Looks like I'm going to have to figure all this out at the greyhound station here. Because 26 hours to Red Deer sounds wrong.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Would Conrawrs the Warriors have room for Alex, Levi, Sho, Riley and Joel anyways? before I even bother talking around.

albinoguy11

Smash Cadet
Hey Victor I was thinking, after we fill up the first 10 slots at my house lets fill the other venues up before we start stuffing the garage. It should probably be a last resort.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
This, this and this... again
I'll put you down for Connor's house, how's that? And I already listed you as a possible driver.

me dj combo and silent wolf are coming, probably some moar. or so it looks like.
I confirmed you and DJ Combo. Lemme know as soon as possible if anyone else decides to come. What are your plans on housing?

Hey Victor I was thinking, after we fill up the first 10 slots at my house lets fill the other venues up before we start stuffing the garage. It should probably be a last resort.
Basically, it's gonna go like this, from what I can tell. Grand Prairie and Calgary are going to stay at Connors, and that should fill up Connor's condo. Dynamism and his friends from BC will stay at his Uncle's, and the famous, popular, good players will be staying at your basement/garage since there's the most room.

I'll put you down for Connor's house, how's that? And I already listed you as a possible driver.

I confirmed you and DJ Combo. Lemme know as soon as possible if anyone else decides to come. What are your plans on housing?

Basically, it's gonna go like this, from what I can tell. Grand Prairie and Calgary are going to stay at Connors, and that should fill up Connor's condo. Dynamism and his friends from BC will stay at his Uncle's, and the famous, popular, good players will be staying at your basement/garage since there's the most room.
that was eggz posting on my account

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
There's more room at Connor's house now since no one from Grand Prairie is coming now.

Also, if anyone is interested in renting out a hotel room instead of staying a Kyle's or Connor's house, this venue is located in the lower level of an Inn. So if you want a very convenient place to stay during the tournament, this might be something you'll like.

Check rates here.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Sure Jarrett. Are you planning on driving in with your parents? Can you tell me if you're bringing anyone else along with you?

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I am. Dan might be getting a ride.

Oh and I just need some confirmation on some stupid questions, as I've never done this before:

1. will we have to provide our own rides to the house and vice versa?

2. Food IS allowed in the venue, right?

3. Coolers allowed in the venue?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah I am. Dan might be getting a ride.

Oh and I just need some confirmation on some stupid questions, as I've never done this before:

1. will we have to provide our own rides to the house and vice versa?

2. Food IS allowed in the venue, right?

3. Coolers allowed in the venue?
Could you tell me how many seats you have?

1. Connor could probably give you a ride, but it would be more convenient for everyone if you could have your own ride. If you don't, it's not that big of a deal.

2. Outside food is not allowed in the venue.

3. No.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
2. Outside food is not allowed in the venue.

3. No.
WAT

Any reason? I tend to eat quite heavily on tournament days and it sometimes gets me into trouble (See ADAT disqualification). I'd like a good reason plz.

Also I think Jarret is talking about non alcoholic, plastic drink coolers. How can those be banned?

Otto we must fox ditto at this.

Only really good Fox ditto sets I had were at event 52 with Colbol. We went about even, but I didn't get to face him in brackets. How do you do vs. him?
I haven't played him since FCD =P
I won, but that was quite a bit ago.

Cool, I'll definitely try to go now.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
WAT

Any reason? I tend to eat quite heavily on tournament days and it sometimes gets me into trouble (See ADAT disqualification). I'd like a good reason plz.

Also I think Jarret is talking about non alcoholic, plastic drink coolers. How can those be banned?
2. Outside food [and drinks] are not allowed in the venue. There's catering and stuff, which should satisfy your thirst etc You're free to leave and eat any time though Carl. It's right smack downtown. There's a bar and restaurant right at the venue, a 7-11 across the street, pizza place and a noodle house a block away and a Mcdonalds a few blocks away. You don't have to worry about missing your matches if you manage your time.

5 seats legally, but we can only take 2 people max.

Oh and if there's horrible weather (like blizzardish), we'd have to leave the tourney at like 6pm.
Okay, i'm gonna mark you down for anyone who needs to carpool to Red Deer. Is that okay?

Yeah, for sure.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Dynamism: I might give up my spot for Manuel and take the plane. Not 100% sure yet. Will know soon.

If I fly in, Connors house is where I'll be nukkuh. Put me down for Connor's MAYBE. Will know soon.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I'm a maybe atm, can someone tell me what I'd need to do to reserve a spot for housing? How I'd get to the venue and all that stuff. I'd most likely be coming by plane and you know.. I won't have any means of transportation to and from the venue.

Help lol.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Fhuck that, Adam's in the Dynamobile with Caotique and co. to sample the finest selection of exotic beverages :grin:

Top Bottom