• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

inescapable combo on 10 characters (thoroughly tested on a human player)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Credit goes to face124 for testing it with me:)

video: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VPyvRRR8cdc

The combo: SH sweetspot knee (knee immediatly after jumping, so it has no landing lag)>jab>jab>multiple jabs (or a grab offcourse)
it works from 0-10 percent
this combo is performed on opponents who are standing on the ground

Characters it works on:
Bowser
DK
Ganondorf
Samus(hard)
King Dedede(hard)
Captain Falcon(hard)
Charizard
Marth
Ike(im not sure how difficult)
Snake(medium)

the following results were found on basic brawls with damage ratio on 1.0 and with absolutely no damage or knockback depreciation:

Bowser:
If you DI *insert direction* from the first Knee then away from Falcon for the jab:
Upwards from the knee: 40.6% average damage.
Downwards from the knee: 38.6% average damage.
Away from the knee: 33% average
I've not bothered to include DI towards Falcon because no-one is that stupid. Its about 42% though.

33% doesn't sound that good really, but don't worry. This would require incredible reflexes or incredible prediction, and that prediction would probably only occur against people you play regularly. This one is (IMO) more accurately how much damage you are likely to do

Bowser:
If you have no DI after the knee but DI *insert direction* while he is using his jab:
Upwards from the Jab: 38.3%
Away from the Jab: 38%
Downwards from the jab: 39.6%
I've not bothered to include DI towards Falcon because again, no-one is that stupid. Its about 46% though.

Ganondorf:
If you DI *insert direction* from the first Knee then away from Falcon for the jab:
Upwards from the knee: still to test.
Downwards from the knee: still to test.
Away from the knee: 34% average.

If you have no DI after the knee but DI *insert direction* while he is using his jab:
Upwards from the Jab: still to test
Away from the Jab: 37%
Downwards from the jab: still to test

Remember this will be constantly updated with more results when Face124 and I get the time to test it.

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
haha nice.. but its annoying that you HAVE to do it from 0-10%
this is good but i think there will be very few instances to do it with such a small window for the f-air =/

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
hmm.nice find. this seems useful but it might be hard to pull out in a game since it only works up to 10%

edit:lol didnt read title

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
nice find, but an early knee is hard to pull off, especially at 0, btw you named bowser twice in the descriptions

Edit-forget it, i read it over

Mit

Smash Ace
Doesn't seem like anything noteworthy really. When trying to rack up damage, the first thing you do isn't to typically go for knees... As you usually don't ever get them off. And yeah, your opponent has to be tall or in the air to even hit them with a SH knee.

Also, try looking for better things to do out of that knee than just the jab combo, like say a grab or utilt, although I assume you've already tried these things, and I'm guessing your opponent could air-dodge or land in that time.

Zeallyx

Doesn't seem like anything noteworthy really. When trying to rack up damage, the first thing you do isn't to typically go for knees... As you usually don't ever get them off. And yeah, your opponent has to be tall or in the air to even hit them with a SH knee.

Also, try looking for better things to do out of that knee than just the jab combo, like say a grab or utilt, although I assume you've already tried these things, and I'm guessing your opponent could air-dodge or land in that time.
exactly, when racking up damage a knee may be unexpected or at least worth the try on the characters where it combo's into a jab>jab>grab
one can use the sh sweetspot knee>grab, but I'd rather jab first :D

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Nice find... my question is:
Can you Knee -> Falcon dive?

or maybe Knee -> Knee? :)

RubixCubix08

Smash Rookie
You can do that with almost every character, except the small ones.

It doesn't have to be a sweet-spot knee. You can do a 2-jab into a grab after that. That's what I've said from the start; Captain Falcon's knee is still very useful.

Zeallyx

Nice find... my question is:
Can you Knee -> Falcon dive?

or maybe Knee -> Knee? :)
knee falcon dive may be possible but unfortunatly I doubt it, I'll try it tommorrow though:)
but knee>knee can't be done, the second knee is too slow I guess..

and to trubixcubix, the flubbed knee>jab was known yes, this (I guess from the responses) the sweetspotted one is new

and the sweetspot knee>jab can only be done on the chars listed (chars like lucario and peach aren't small and they still can't be sweetspot knee>jab'd)

Edit: it just popped into my mind that zelda/sheik may be sweetspot knee>jab-able, we should test it on them face124 :D

RubixCubix08

Smash Rookie
Yea, I didn't know it possible to sweet spot and do a combo with. Good find nonetheless.

Oh, and also, can you try one out for me? Try a flubbed knee > Dair. Some knee's make them trip, giving you a chance to do that. I've done it once.

Zeallyx

Yea, I didn't know it possible to sweet spot and do a combo with. Good find nonetheless.

Oh, and also, can you try one out for me? Try a flubbed knee > Dair. Some knee's make them trip, giving you a chance to do that. I've done it once.
yeah I'll try it for you:) although I guess they can roll away..

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
Everyone should bear in mind that Falcon lands after the knee no matter what. That means no aerials after the knee, and I think SH aerials would be to slow. we've tried every tilt after the knee on Bowser, but they were all to slow. Falcon dive is a possibility.

Zeallyx

face124 and I tested if sh knee without landing lag can combo into an up b, but unfortunatly it is escapable

so far only sh knee>jab/grab is inescapable

edit: oh sorry :p face already posted it

Iwan

Smash Ace
Shame this is so situational....also I'm pretty sure Key posted this a while ago....albeit not as in depth (just description). Approaching with the knee usually leads to punishment though.

On a side note...Hi guys :D

haha.

Zeallyx

Shame this is so situational....also I'm pretty sure Key posted this a while ago....albeit not as in depth (just description). Approaching with the knee usually leads to punishment though.

haha.
I'm pretty sure this is new, because the regular posters here (atleast the one I see here often) say it is new:)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
this not tht big of a deal actually, it's really similar to the knee-grab combos in melee.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i agree that it's useful, I just didn't see why it required its own thread.
But thanks for the info anyways.
=D

Noodlehead

Smash Lord

haha.
I'm pretty sure this is new, because the regular posters here (atleast the one I see here often) say it is new:)
i think this could be old. didnt know about it though. all of the posters from when brawl came out just left, so it probably is old but you brought it back up for all the new brawlers.

Top Bottom