• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tournament Results! Updated (6/28)

c3gill

Smash Ace
The Lucas Tournament Results Thread!

This is the new, revamped Lucas Regional Rankings Thread, now used for all Tournament Results!

The main purpose of this thread is NOT competition for higher placement, but rather to support every tournament-going Lucas. We can all use this thread to see how our fellow Lucas main's are doing in the competitive scene of tournaments. The hope with this thread is is that more Lucas' will be inspired to go to tournaments, place better and more frequently, and advance the current Lucas meta-game.

Each person's tournament result will be accompanied by the amount of people in the tournament, the placing of Lucas main in the tournament, and where and when the tournament was located.

On the bottom of this post is the submission form to enter one's results on this thread. The thread will henceforth be used to discuss tournaments in general, specific tournament match's, tournament match-ups in general, the variations in tournament rules, et cetera.

Singles and Doubles tournaments are both acceptable, as long as the tournament has a link to it. I prefer AIB or SWF, but others that are deemed suitable can be accepted. If it looks shakey, dont be surprised if it gets shot down. Additionally, if I do turn down your results, it is ONLY because either you didnt follow the submission rules, or you the tournament page did not look legitimate. It is not a personal attack. I have no bias in this.

This page will be reset whenever it gets too crowded. I will accept any tournament results within 2 months of the tournament date.

If you have recently finished a tournament and wish for your results to be posted, feel free to either PM me or write it in this thread. If you are not already up on the results, I will go ahead and add you once you inform me of your recently completed tournament. I do then expect you to send me or post the link to your tournament as soon as the results are posted.

Don't forget to encourage and support your fellow Lucas mains!

PM ANY ISSUES OR QUESTIONS TO ME!

Lucas Tournament Results!

1st is marked in Gold, 2nd is marked in Silver, 3rd is marked in Bronze
Top 10 placements are marked in Red
All large tournaments with 64 Players or more are marked Lime
Doubles partner and character are listed in Magenta
Brawl+ tournament results will be listed in Wheat

*************************************************​

West

East

Haggs
1) 33rd out of 108 (Mass Madness 14) 2/28/09- Massachusetts
2) 13th out of 25 (CT Bi-Weekly #1) 5/16/09 - Connecticut
3) 13th out of 26 (You Must Recover) 5/30/09 - Cumberland, Rhode Island

C3
is too lazy to post his own results (no they really are that bad :()
5th of 22 at my last tourney
:ohwell:

South

ZMan
1) 2nd out of 13 (Mathnasium Tourny) 3/14/09- New Mexico
2) 7th out of 21 (Mathnasium Tourny) 3/28/09- New Mexico
3) 5th out of 16 (Mathnasium Tourny) 4/18/09- New Mexico
4) 5th out of 16 (Mathnasium Tourny) 5/02/09- New Mexico
5) 7th out of 28 (Albuquerque's MUST COME z0mg Spectacular Tournament) 5/29/09- Albuquerque, New Mexico

PhoenixAlpha
1) 7th out of 46 (San Antonio Monthly @ Mizuumi Con) 3/21/09- San Antonio, TX
2) 25th out of 73(HOBO 16) 5/02/09- Houston, TX
2D) 9th out of 26(HOBO 16) 5/02/09- Houston, TX partner with Chaotic(Pit)

Tallman
1) 33rd out of 73 (HOBO 16) 5/02/09- Houston, TX
1D) 17th out of 26 (HOBO 16) 5/02/09- Houston, TX partner with Magitek Knight (Ness)
2) 7th out of 22( AirbrushKing Play N Trade) 5/23/09- Houston, TX

Midwest

Irsic
1) 4th out of 106 (Gamers4Giving) 2/27/09- 3/1/09- Ypsilanti, Michigan

Tyr
1) 3th out of 15 (Nexuslan Tournament ) 3/14/09- Dayton, Ohio
2) 33rd out of 92 (C4 Galore! Midwest Circuit Event ) 4/11/09- Springfield, Ohio
3) 7th out of 32 (Fun before the Sun Take II) 4/25/09- Lexington, Kentucky
4) 7th out of 26 (Wings and Brew II) 5/02/09- Columbus, Ohio
5) 5th out of 32 (Wings and Brew III) 5/16/09- Columbus, Ohio
6) 33rd out of 65 (Midwest Circuit: The Competition) 5/23/09- Athens, Ohio
7) 5th out of 16 (Cincinnati Training Session Part III) 6/12/09- Cincinnati, Ohio

lil cj
1) 13th out of 19(Tournament Plus Smashfest!) 3/21/09- Morehead, KY
2) 17th out of 60 (University of Kentucky Brawl Paradise) 2/28/09- Lexington, KY

Outside US

Glarion
1) 9th out of 64 (Bushido Impact 8) 2/1/09- Paris, France
1D) 1st of 24 ( Bushido Impact 8) 2/1/09 - Paris, France partner with Achoral (Ness)
2) 9th out of 64 (Bushido Nibaï Impact ) 4/11/09 - Paris, France
2D) 5th of 16 (Bushido Nibaï Impact ) 4/11/09 - Paris, France partner with Zulu (Olimar)

prOAPC
1) 4th out of 20 (XI Torneo de Brawl en Barranquilla) 3/28/09- Barranquilla, Colombia
2) 2nd out of 17 (I Torneo de Cartagena) 4/18/09- Cartagena, Colombia
5) 4th out of 25 (XII Torneo de Brawl en Barranquilla) 5/23/09- Barranquilla, Colombia

Submission rules:
Because of the format for this, to have your placements listed on this thread, you must PRIVATE MESSAGE ME! the following:

Required:
  • Forum Name and Profile Link (For the link, either AIB or SWF is preferable)
  • Result and the total number of Entrants.(Tournament must have a minimum of 13 entries!)
  • Tournament Name and Link
  • Date(s) and Location held
  • Partner's Name and Character (DOUBLES ONLY)

Optional:
  • Tournament Bracket
  • Format (ex: Single Elimination Singles, Round Robin Singles etc.)
  • Prizes
  • Etc...
Thanks to DraikRoan and the Peach Boards for this concept. Their board seems to work well, so hopefully ours will also!

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Fun thread

It just occured to me, but are these going to be based on players using only Lucas, mostly Lucas or what? Will this include All Brawl tournaments or just standard tournament rules singles? Just wondering for clarity's sake.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
lul wot???
this saturday, my friends and i will have a small tourny, 4 dollars is the entry, and the winner takes everything. We are only like 16, and we all are friends, so there's not need for a thread. Rules, 1vs1, 3 stock, stages: FD, BF, YS, PS1 and SV
does this lil "tournament" counts?

Noraa

Smash Lord
Yeah only lucas, if you use some one else then dont bother...(unless i make it handicap and take off a percentage i dunno il think of something i guess)

Sry pro but no....

prOAPC

Smash Lord
ok, but what is the problem? is because it doesn't have a link? i can tell my friend to post the results in another forum (but in spanish), and what if there is no link, but there are videos of the fights?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
^^^
I play singles with my friends at school twice a week. There are about 10 of us. I could set it up like a tournament if I felt like it and theoretically go to two "tournaments" a week and almost definetly place 1st every single time. I could even post results on a website and video tape it just to boost my score on the regional rankings. If it's informal and/or between just friends, it's friendlies.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
I Guess I Own The West

West Coast!!
Name: Oats

Quizno's Presents Brawl Tourney 4 October 25th
Defeated Moshe
Defeated Burk3
Lost to DSF
Lost to Havok
Placed 17 out of 67

Tijuana Tournament October 24th

There were 9 pools of 9. That means 81 people entered the tourney. So I got 9th out of 81.

Singles Pools
Defeated Alan
Lost to TVO
Defeated Dead
Defeated Kevin
Defeated BESCK
Defeated Erick Issac
Lost to okurama
Defeated Anaya
Placed 2 out of 9

Final Bracket Singles
Lost to Bone
Defeated Camus
Defeated Armando Castañeda
Lost to IceDX
Placed 9 out of 22

Axis, August 30th
Defeated Jed
Lost to King
Defeated James D
Defeated Claus
Lost to Wise
Placed 65 out of 303

Race's Garage, August 23rd
Defeated the great leon
Lost to jmex
Lost to MoJoe
Placed 33 out of 81

Noraa

Smash Lord
I need a link to Tijuana Tournament October 24, but you will be added and il use the score

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
For some reason AllisBrawl is not working, and I'll post the link eventually, but if you search for Tijuana, it's the one that offers a wii as a grandprize.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
^^^
I play singles with my friends at school twice a week. There are about 10 of us. I could set it up like a tournament if I felt like it and theoretically go to two "tournaments" a week and almost definetly place 1st every single time. I could even post results on a website and video tape it just to boost my score on the regional rankings. If it's informal and/or between just friends, it's friendlies.
but this time there's money in it!

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
I think we should discuss more of what constitutes a "Lucas" tournament victory.

I don't know what the rest of you guys alternate, but sometimes I swap in my Lucario
or Olimar if the stage demands it. All three of these have similar weaknesses so I don't worry about matchups so much as stages. I also think it'd be really stupid if somebody
uses Lucas for 90% of their tournament matches but had to bite the bullet and use MK for one game because some GW took him to Rainbow Cruise like a ******.

I think we ought to set up a system for determining whether or not it is a
victory for Lucas.

IMO, (in a system where tourney matches are best of 3), the first game is the
most important as far as your main characters go. This is who you use when
there are no weird stage elements, and the first impression you give to your
opponent. It's also what wins games. If you lose on the first game, you then
have to win on your counter pick AND on their counter pick. And, if you're good
enough to beat someone on their own counter pick, then what were you doing
losing the first game on a neutral level?

I think, as a MINIMUM, everyone should have to use Lucas in their first game of
every tournament set. Any thoughts?

Irsic

Smash Ace
Honestly, I probably won't play Lucas against Marth or G&W in a tournament, I'd probably use Diddy.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Whack whack whack. This hasn't been updated. I'm OBVIOUSLY the best Lucas on the west coast (invites the flames.)

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
How very accurate and funny. Instead of Marceux could you write "Oats" since that's my Smash Tag. 2.2 points! I challenge people to pass me up. :p

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I got 4th out of 9 in Cincinnati Weeklies last night. Yes, 9 lol. Overswarm completely destroyed me and got vids to put up eventually. Results were as follows,

1. Overswarm (MK)
2. Quivo (TL)
3. Tactical (Lucario)
4. Tyr (Lucas)
5. Y.b.M. (Kirby/Dedede)
5. Smash64 (Ness/G&W)
7. InfernAngelis (Ike/Snake)
7. e_ (Marth)
7. Dr. X (Pit/MK)

$5 entry fee blah blah blah.

I beat InfernAngelis Snake/Ike 2-1 in pools, lost to Overswarm MK 1-2 in pools. Beat Smash64 Game and Watch 2-0 in pools and lost to Quivo Toon Link 0-2 in pools. Lost to Tactical Lucario in semis 1-3. Lost to Overswarm MK and ROB in Loser's Finals 0-3. Going off memory so hopefully I got all the numbers right.

I also money matched Overswarm 2 to 1 odds, 3 matches on Brinstar (my counterpick) and he won the set 1-2 getting $2 from me. *sigh* MK is too good.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'm still waiting for Overswarm to upload the videos. He only taped brackets. So there should be videos of me against Tactical (which really sucked. for some reason I kept making mistakes. I did way better against him in friendlies earlier. *sigh* oh well.) and Loser's finals against him and then the money match we did. So atleast we'll have some vids against Metaknight even if I did get thrashed for the most part.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
How did those matched went vs OS's ROB, is it true what he said in the matchup thread?

I thought this counts only big tournies, well, here's my results

I placed 1st out of 10 last Thursday in a tourny with different crew. Andres, K1000o and APC from Bogotá crew, Guar and Mao from Zipaquirá crew, and Yuqu, Gato, Tarq, JD and Kael from Saints Smashers crew.
The rules, single elimination, 3 stock, 5 mins (sux ¬¬), 2 of 3 matches, stages, FD, BF, YS and SV. First fight in FD. There are vids only of the first fight of each match.
Results:a
1. APC (Lucas)
2. Yuqu (Snake, Marth)
3. Guar (Wolf)
4. K1000o (MK)
5. Arias (Lucas, Toon Link, Yoshi)
6. Gato (ZZS)
7. Mao (Sonic, Snake)
8. Kael (Marth)
9. Tarq (Falco)
10. JD (Marth)

i beat Mao in the first round, first match vs Sonic, time ended i was with 2 stock, he was with 1. Guar eliminate K1000o, but then i beat Guar's Wolf. The final was vs Yuqu, i was winning the match vs his Snake, but he started to turtle, and we went to sudden death, it was INTENSE, i couldn't hit PK Fire, but at least i kill with with a Ftilt. The next fight, he used Marth, and it was easier.
BTW, we have our own "tier list", and the "list" is like:
1. Snake
2. Lucas
3. Marth
4. MK
Arias and mine Lucas are too good :chuckle:

Top Bottom