• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The reason you're losing.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
The ten Commandments of what you're doing wrong, many of which say so.

1. You're approaching with your drill like it works by itself. It doesn't, you need to create a chance for your drill to work or at least give yourself a chance to get out of an attempt unscathed. If you're drill into your opponents shield, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

2. You're chasing combos that don't work. They just don't. If you want to try and Dthrow -> fair a GaW you're going to get smacked. If something is not going to for sure work, chances are it WON'T. You can't afford to take damage so stop doing stupid things. If after you get hit you say "I knew that probably wasn't going to work" YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

3. You're not adapting to your opponent. Fox is one of those characters that can't do the same thing to most of his opponents. Think about it, the top tier characters are MK, Snake, D3, GaW, ect. Probably the most diverse mishmash of styles you could get and you need to play differently against all of them. If you're trying to edgeguard MK or camp Falco, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

4. Your opponents are surviving to 200%. Guess what, you're playing Fox. In a match involving Fox, percentages shouldn't be going above 120% on either side for any character. The reason that Fox has ANY potential at all is that he can finish a stock quickly and effectively, if you screw that up YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

5. You're not dash-shielding. Honestly, this is as good as an approach gets for Fox, nothing complicated; if you're not doing it YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

6. You're not recovering with rising fairs. If you don't, you're simply not going to live very long...I mean you're doing it wrong...I mean YOU MUST RECOVER!!

7. You use the shine like it actually combos into things. It doesn't, and it isn't the best option at any point in time everywhere. If you're using your shine as an offensive attack, you're doing it wrong.

8. You like to hit your C-stick to the side. Fox has a good fsmash as a surprise weapon and edgeguarding tool, but don't use it to move across the stage.

9. You're touching the stage when you fire lasers. Just hit Y or X first.

10. Finally, and most importantly, Fox is a fast-paced reactive character. Don't play him like he plays himself and don't get into a rhythm. As Fox, you should do twice as much thinking than your dirty MK opponent.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Of course I didn't, I just felt like posting something so I thought of all the things that newb Foxes are doing wrong, and things I did wrong when I was starting out.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Needs more "You're doing it wrong."

Also - THE DRILL IS NOT THE ONLY MOVE FOX HAS. (Nair/Bair, guys, at least. Please.)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Good, solid Fox doctrine. Never use standing lasers.....I can tell the difference between a good Fox player and a crappy one just by if they SHDL or not.

edit: I'm sick of Fox getting a bad name just because of all the crappy Foxs' out there.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Good, solid Fox doctrine. Never use standing lasers.....I can tell the difference between a good Fox player and a crappy one just by if they SHDL or not.
For the record, I like to standing-laser marsulas on wifi just to watch him get mad and run into my shield.

GFE

Smash Journeyman
luv this guide + luv that fox of yours
i was thinkin bout doing 1 about $n@@@@@@@k3. what do u think A6M?

gotta luv my snake i mean i main him 999% then MK 998%. u guys might say that they cheeesy but very hard to master . i lluv to play friendlys with anyone of you guys let me kno if ur up 4 a challenge (any1 wanna own)

very good FOX love this thread A6M

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
luv this guide + luv that fox of yours
i was thinkin bout doing 1 about $n@@@@@@@k3. what do u think A6M?

gotta luv my snake i mean i main him 999% then MK 998%. u guys might say that they cheeesy but very hard to master . i lluv to play friendlys with anyone of you guys let me kno if ur up 4 a challenge (any1 wanna own)

very good FOX love this thread A6M
Dear GFE,

Please stop ****** me.

Signed;
The English Language

GFE

Smash Journeyman
Dear GFE,

Please stop ****** me.

Signed;
The English Language

hey noob wanna brawl to see who ***** who??
or u gonna back down, believe me you don't wanna get own by snake,mk,zss,lukario

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I should have also mentioned that the guide is great. If I was a Fox player I would take this to heart.

super_bacon807

Smash Apprentice
Wow, nice thread. I'm breaking at least 5 of those commandments. It's good to know what I need to work on...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Another thing....if your not full hop shinestalling YOUR DOING IT WRONG!

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
- If you're losing stock, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you're not counter-picking Pikachu, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you're using Fox in a tournament, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you're sandbagging with Fox, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you're Emblem Lord, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you can't beat A6M's Fox, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you can't lay the smackdown on Ice Climbers, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you're dash grabbing, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you just lost to Ike, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you are using Fox and can't reflect Captain Falcon, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you think Falco is way too godly against you, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you thought I was actually being serious with this post, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I think Kheldar just won the thread. This thread is full of win.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
- If you're losing stock, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you're not counter-picking Pikachu, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you're using Fox in a tournament, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you're sandbagging with Fox, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you're Emblem Lord, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you can't beat A6M's Fox, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you can't lay the smackdown on Ice Climbers, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you're dash grabbing, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you just lost to Ike, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you are using Fox and can't reflect Captain Falcon, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you think Falco is way too godly against you, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
- If you thought I was actually being serious with this post, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
-If you're doing it wrong, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG !

OK Well, i love Shine Killing my oppenents ;)... Yes it works, but not against all...

And woot ? Not doing standing lasers ? Often oppenents think you gonna do SHDLs and aproach xD

Best thing is to use them 50/50 i think ;) (But agree when you're saying standing las0rz are a bit laggy ;))

Top Bottom