• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The reason you're losing.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
If your not kneeing your opponent at least once every time you grab them, Your doing it wrong.

P.S. I'm doing it a little wrong.
But if you knee on the first grab your opponent can escape from the grab and you lose the damage you could have gotten from the throw. (this of course is if you weren't grab releasing.)

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
hmm this is good this is good. i wouldnt say fire fox and fox illusion arent good sources of recovery and u should always use rising fairs. I'm guilty of that combo thing not working I fell for that alot thnking, this time ill get it! This time! No this time!

oh yah about the shine not being good......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkdqETyvI_I&fmt=18

the shine can be good edge guard play if u master it.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I used Shine offensively yesterday (broke Marth's side b combo) then continued to techchase him (because it instantly knocked him to the floor) and followed up with an upsmash for the kill.

Though I'll admit to the shine being an accident (I don't know how, don't ask) and was pretty shocked as I had pretty much stopped using shine as an attack altogether. Regardless of this list, I think I'm going to reincorporate it as an offensive attack again. :D

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Just wondering...Do you think this would work? Sh, shine, falling nair, jab, grab. All without getting shield grabbed...
It could, but don't count on it. Hitstun from Nair has a very narrow percentage from which you can safely "combo" into Jab->Grab (Which isn't always a true combo in the first place).

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Just wondering...Do you think this would work? Sh, shine, falling nair, jab, grab. All without getting shield grabbed...
ive been doing shine to aerials for a while, your going to have to chase your oppt as sadly nothing combos out of shine,although ive done what you have said before, if you catch em off guard it should

Top Bottom