• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide: Get Killed Meta Knight!!!!! Read Op people!! Semi Updated.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
So you wonder how this came about? It's called frustration. Getting gimped over and over, shuttle looped to death, being tornado'ed on a constant basis. One day on the verge of either taking up MK or snake or this matchup I decided that IT must, it can be done! I mean if a dumb character like Zangief in street fighter can hold his own (hes low tier) and completely destroy shoto's and so forth, then Marth should be able to do it vs non-akuma tier character. (you tell me MK is broken when honestly he's not, he's no AKUMA, He's no Yangmoth's Wil or Time Spiral)l I don't know how many countless hours i've put into THIS matchup. Yes, I'm weaker in other matchups but in this one, i feel so confident in. I would like to share this with the rest of the marth boards to show that it can be done and its not a bad matchup (not that 60-40/65-35 is that bad, well maybe), strictly(!) IMO i think its 50/50.

This thread is strictly on how to's and various solutions that I have come up with to MK's game.

Ok, the obvious stuff:
Marth's entire game revolves around a semi-defensive spacing game, which means in this matchup you can't be wreckless nor chase MK as much as Marth would like to.
-grab realeases >> fair, up-B, dash attack, Nair (this one's awkward though) etc...
-blocking tornado covering head
-you cannot chase MK too much off the stage (key word too much)
-SHFF 1 Fair on defense
-d throw to fsmash (0-7%)
-f throw-Nair-fsmash. 0%

The not so obvious:

HAVOK presents: GET ***** META KNIGHT!

Side Note: This will not gurantee you a win. A Marth will most likely never 3 stock an MK due to him being...MK. Understand due to the law of probability you WILL be grabbed, tornado'ed, dsmashed, d-tilted. LOSE. This increases your chances against MK and brings everything together. This info + you applying smart = win. Get it? Now read on!

** = Important

Dealing with tornado

When a Marth first comes across a MK, you realize that tornado can be a handful if not dealt with appropriately.

1. Many people just read that oh SHFF Fair vs MK...ill do that but you must realize why you are doing it and one of the reasons is the tornado! Playing ANY random metaknight they will they may or may not tornado you while you try to do a standard double SHFair and you get punished for it for being in the air. Solution: SHFF 1 Fair (empty SHFF works as well)! Fast falling allows you to be able to block the tornado much more effectively since you don't spend as much time in the air.

2.Up-B out of blocking tornado, this is actually very impractical which I will explain later, still useful to have the option.

3. Punishing tornado:

-Some MK's will try to be smart about it and finish tornado directly on marth, this = Up Smash or Up Tilt (depending where they are located it might not hit.).

- jumping retreating counter... (explained later why its RETREATED, emphasis, on retreating lawl)

-If Mk lands directly in front of you, forward smash or down smash should be used which i will explain later why.

-Trying to Fsmash earlier because of the start up time (im sorry we don't have an insan- MK-dsmash-speed Fsmash) and get the tornado is hard to do but its rewards are great if you manage to hit it. Best way to do this would be to try and predicting a tornado (and can hit him in start time). With practice this can become a great tool.

**Your best option is simply to block it (covering head) and run up to the MK and dancing blade (red version or ending it with Blue for the kill)

Marth's Forward Smash

1. When tornado ends in front of you try out a Fsmash. Why use Fsmash? Simple, because this move should not be used in this matchup which means it will always be fresh and deal more dmg than an overused Dancing Blade.

2. I don't know if its because of MK's size but this thing gets power shielded ALOT. Probably due to Fsmash coming out at 11 frames + MK's size

3. Don't try to go around and attempt to tipper this thing on MK because everything that MK has will outrange (except for MK's dtilt) or outprioritize this. In other words, this is impractical in this matchup

NEW DSmash (thx to pierce7d)

1. This is actually a good punisher! Even at low percentages it sends MK just far enough for Marth to recover, shield, retaliate, whatever. Tipper does like %15? non like %11? (need to verify this. In pierce7d's words:

If you perfect shield a dtilt, you should be able to shield drop dsmash. If you normal shield a dtilt, you should be able to shield drop into shield, and you'll perfect shield. See what I'm getting at here?

**2. This kills at %115 Tippered, using the aforementioned method to have it connect!

Dancing Blade

Ahhhh sweet seductive dancing blade...if it wasn't for this Marth would not have a chance vs MK.

1.DO NOT USE the ending green version of Dancing Blade, the MK can DI away and punish you for it

**2. Ending dancing blade of the blue version tippered at %150 at Luigi's mansion (Very high ceiling) will kill, earlier at smaller stages . Why is this important to keep in mind? Because its safe (obviously if it connects)!

**3. In this matchup its ALMOST needed to finish Dancing Blade at all times, reason being that every percent dealt is extremely valuable vs MK and any dmg will do. I say almost because a mix up can help throw off an MK.

**4.Remember overusing this thing is a good thing!!! It refreshes the rest of your move set for you and deals dmg...what else do you need?

Dolphin Slash

1. Dolphin Slash out of shield vs tornado IS IMPRACTICAL! Unless at the edge, this can be done for a kill but ** even then...

Reason: It won't be fresh!!!!

This is extremely important because it needs to be saved for a grab release or just a simple Slash to kill

**...but even then...
You can just Dolphin Slash when you see the tornado in your face.

** the only reason up-B should be used when blocking a tornado would be to rack up dmg when you're a stock ahead and even then Dancing Blade is better to punish tornado.

2. You can DS Mk's Side-B ( if anyone wants to get tricky you can DS MK's side-B when he's trying to get to the stage)

3. Grab release >> Dolphin Slash, this actually kills at %140 with good MK DI, not %130

Marth's FAIR

1. Most of the time you'll be doing this vs MK, mostly SHFFFair.

2. Mixing it up with Double SH Fair and SHFFFair, spacing them correctly and accordingly to whatever the MK does IS EXTREMELY important in order to approach at all.

3. you can just do a full SH and do ONE Fair and throw off the MK with timing of your Fair. This useful because an full SH you avoid an entire MK Dsmash and then hit with the Fair.

Neutral Air

1. You can use this to space mk, i prefer a SHNair and don't fastfall, it lets me space this just a bit to get tippers with it or a Fsmash.

2. It's also nice to use this since it will always be fresh, so it'll deal the full amount pretty much.

**3. Clanks with mk's dash attack and beats running grab.

Counter

**1 Since marth has Crappy options while he's on top and MK can take severe advantage of this in the form of multiple tornados (since tornado pops marth up), this can be avoided with a counter, but Marth HAS to hit the side of the tornado for him to knock MK away.

2. You know when MK does his drill to get onto the stage? Run to the edge and counter! It's %8 or so of dmg, every little bit counts!

Grab Release!

1. If you try to revolve your entire game against MK with the grab release, you WILL lose. This is meant for opportunity and errors in spacing.

2. Mind game grab release:
-since most MK players expect you to do the grab release you can simply pummel them until they break free and then re-grab them and continue to pummel for extra dmg (again every little bit counts! + refresh = Too Good)

3. Grab release on smashville on the platform = Fsmash

4. Grab release into Dolphin Slash kills at %140 (big stages) with good MK DI, if not it can kill as early as %100ish (stage dependant)

5. Grab release into dash attack can kill at %120 tippered at the end of FD (which means less in smaller stages)...(I have no idea how to do this consistently)

JAB

1. This contributes to your wall of constant Fairs, dtilts allowing you to keep the MK outside of your wall.

2. This stops any Dair shenanigans, the jab reaches on top of marth allowing him to hit MK when he's trying to space you with Dairs. If a Jab connects, free dancing blade since the height isn't that great putting MK on a awkward falling position.

3. This comes out on 4 Frames! Much faster and much less laggier than Ftilt (8 frames) !

**Common MK (gameplay) Behavior and Marth Gameplan

1. Marth can be hanging onto the edge while MK is charging an Fmash that can hit your roll, hit your get up attack and maybe even your jump towards the stage (because of the stupid hitbox behind MK with is Fsmash). What do you do? Shield breaker (because of its range, although MK can still hit Marth's hand)! I know this sounds awful but if you incorporate this in order to get around charging Fmash, it's able to hit safely once MK's Fsmash is done.

**2. Some MK's use alot of their dash attack/dash grab >>> retreating SHFFFair, or Dash back then dancing blade him/Pivot Grab! Keep MK controlled!!!

**3.If MK manages to down throw you, a good option is to tech roll! Depending on the person, after a dthrow he might:
-start to tornado (then teching behind him is a terrible option)
-attempt another dash grab/ attack (which means tech rolling backwards is safe and you can punish)

OR

-At higher percentages marth can Fair MK away on his attempt to follow up with dash Attack or another grab

4.While marth is recovering vs MK from off the stage, Mk will usually try and follow you to attempt a Shuttle Loop, your best bet? Attempt to Fair MK
- Air dodge is terrible because if he reads it, you're done although it can be good to mix it up with the Fair
-counter is terrible (in this situation) same as above + it stops your momentum and can put you in a awkward position trying to get the edge AKA your Dolphin Slash might end up underneath the stage. The only way this could be viable is if you can read his Up-B but still, you might end up with weird positioning
- Why Fair? Because 2 of the other options allows a Smart MK to punish accordingly, at least with a Fair you'll have a chance to hit MK away so you can recover or at least trade the hit (you can die :( ). If you did it correctly the Shuttle Loop sound will go off but MK will get hit instead of you.

5. Remember you can jab his glide attack (BUT YOU have to do it sooner because his glide attack comes out much quicker). A smart MK will know when to slash on the glide to where he will land far enough so that you will not be able to grab him after blocking!

6. As I stated earlier, you can't chase MK outside of the ring as much as a marth would like to. Key word as much . For example if MK is knocked far away from the stage and he starts to glide back to the stage you can go after him and bait his glide attack. Follow him out -full jump- (backwards since Bair can kill him at that point) and DI towards the stage when you sense his glide attack coming. As soon as you see it whiff that's your chance to hit him with the Bair (do it quickly or he will Shuttle Loop you)!

7. Spacing MK with a wall of Dtilts, Fairs, and Jabs can become a liability, an MK CAN tornado Marth in between dtilts! In the air when Fair-ing.
-The only way you can beat MK's dtilt is by keeping in mind the amount of ground Marth covers for every Dtilt and try to get MK in between dtilts. A failed attempt will result in clash or you getting hit (very hard).
-DI back when you get caught in MK's Ftilt, sometimes you can manage to not get caught in the last swipe.
-a forward throw only means one thing : Shuttle loop to try and kill you. So DI back, or try to counter.
-Walking is not that great to space MK in this matchup, reacting accordingly with a dash either way can be much more helpful. Although it can help sometimes.

9. A not so smart MK will try to Shuttle loop you when you're trying to edge guard him (when he's hanging down), Easy solution means just block both hits and grab, pummel to your hearts content, this releases MK Down (Gravity Funk).

8. The greatest asset that a Marth can have in this matchup (and in every matchup for that matter as it is common knowledge) is to try to be unpredictable! If an MK starts to run up to you and blocks expecting a Dancing Blade or a SHFFFair, grab! Next time throw in a SHFFFair and so forth! Try different rhythms of grab-mindgames, sometimes just do the grab release, other times continue to pummel into another grab! And so forth.

9. MK Fair happy and beating your Fairs? Can be beat with jab (if done from up high) or double jump Fair (if done from below AKA shfair)

MK's Dangerous moveset

**Marth's most feared moveset from MK: (ranked from best to worst vs marth)

Scary group
0.D-smash
1. Nair
2. Dtilt
3.Ftilt
4. Dair (off stage)
5. Shuttle Loop

Do-able group

6. Up Air
7. tornado
8. Grabs

Yea, Whateva group

9. Bair
10. Fair
11. Fsmash
12. everything else

Reason: Scary because of their range, possible quick dmg accumulation which leads into dangerous shuttle loops. Do-ables because there are solutions to them or they're not entirely as threatning as the other ones. And the rest because they shoudn't worry marth as much.

0. Dsmash :( . This move is completely rediculous It comes out quick, almost no ending lag and hard to punish. This CAN gimp you at early percentages on the edge! D-Smash + edgehog, possible death for Marth. Jab can clash with this but its hard to do this consistantly. An MK can reuse this over and over and not care whether it's fresh or not.

**when near an MK, BLOCK (roling behind MK does NOT work, however rolling away does.)! Yes, a grab is almost better than getting hit by this thing. But obviously you can't afford to get grabbed all day long so this is where the player using MK will let you know if he's DSmash-happy or not hence the blocking or not (into the whole grab release thing)

1. Nair...Arrrrrghhh! This is a titan hit when marth mis-spaces MK, it has HUGE knockback at higher percentages and can also lead to gimps. This is dangerous when it comes to MK edge guarding Marth, because if MK manages to get the edge first and you know the invincibility frames will be longer than the time your Dolphin slash will get there, sometimes Marth has to settle with landing on the edge- plus possible landing lag doesn't help- (Marth players should know what I'm talking about.) which means you're going to eat a Nair.

2.Dtilt. Jesus, It doesn't end does it? This can be potentially be better than Nair but the fact that it doesn't kill itself ranks it just below, it does however lead to some nasty set ups with grabs, and sometimes smashes...or you know more dtilts. Remember this thing hits on frame 3 to marths dtilt on frame 7 :( .

** Have iron reflexes? If you ever see a dtilt, FSMASH! It outranges it barely

3.Ftilt. From my experience this seems to be the most annoying piece of equipment that MK has. This has the potential to ruin Marth's spacing because of its range, a slightly improper spaced Fair will eat one of these so be careful with MK's that use this wisely.

4. Dair. On the stage these aren't that troublesome since you can swat them away with a Jab buuuuuuut off stage they become a nightmare at any percentage since he can do it multiple times to keep you away from the edge with the numerous jumps that MK has. Oh and it kills straight up fresh at high percentages.

**Try Fair an MK away when he tries to come at you to Dair you.

5. Shuttle Loop. Unfortunately this does kill at earlier percentage gimps and completely kills at higher percentages. We all know what this thing does.

** Again, your best bet? Fair ahead of time or DI around it to bait it, last option airdoge, if you can read then counter.

6. Now some of you are thinking what are you talking about!? Uair is crazy vs Marth. Well yes it is but you can simply DI away to a direction without getting wrecked.

7.Tornado, I've read that you can not use the control stick and marth pops up so you can air dodge...its inconsistent. I usually DI up and jump. Counter, Dolphin slash, fmash, Nuff' said.

8. Grabs, these are a nightmare to Marths who don't know to DI AWAY from MK or you will eat a shuttle loop. Teching also helps.

9. Bair is considerably slower than its forward version so you can beat it with your Fair. It does beat your Fair if he's doing it space you with a wall of them.

10. Fair. Less range than Bair but does come out quicker.

**Can be beat with jab (if done from up high) or double jump Fair (if done from below AKA shfair)

Stages in the matchup

-Neutrals: These are probably your best
-Final destination/Smashville: IDEAL to play vs MK because of the grab release, easy to recover without getting stuck under the edge.
-Battlefield: The hardest to work in because your grab release is harder execute. You must grab at the end of a platform (middle part of the stage) in order to get a hit in at the edge with (Fair, dash attack etc.) Still do-able
-Yoshi's Island: Still do-able, grab right under the platform to get your grab release going.
-Lylat/Pokeman Stadium: A bit harder since lylat tilts and has platforms everywhere and PK is huge and ruins Marth's spacing for this match up and that edge is annoying as well, you might get stuck under. Worst of your neutrals.

Worst Stages (or at least some sort of disadvantage)
-WILL EDIT

Approaching Metaknight!

**For those who think you can't approach MK, you're wrong. You can. No, not reckless, SMART. You have to play according to whatever you see MK doing.
-spacing you with F-tilts = run shield, punish dancing blade
-dtilt spacing you = block, punish with dsmash.

-Yes, unfortunately a lot of the game plan that marth has in this matchup revolves around shielding. Does that make it defensive, No it doesnt. Basically, it's just a GIGANTIC rock/paper/scissors match.

-Double Fair does work but you cannot rely on it like you would in other matches, you get tornado(ed). FFSHFair is optimal, it provides the spacing you need, the the dmg.
-Full jumping Fairs is actually an option, when MK starts going crazy on you with Fairs to space you outside, this comes in handy because Fair goes from diagonal up to diagonal down so you can come down on MK with a Fair.
-Running dancing blade IS an approach. Why does it work? Because it come out on four frames ppl!

VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U74Du6xZh7M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txygATa2P7k

Frame Data

Marth
Jab: 4

Forward Tilt: 8
Up Tilt: 6
Down Tilt: 7
Dash Attack: 13

Up Smash: 12
Down Smash: 7
Forward Smash: 11

Forward B: 5
Neutral B: 21
Up B: 5

Forward Air: 3
Back Air: 6
Down Air: 6
Up Air: 5
Neutral Air: 6

Meta Knight
Jab: 7

Forward Tilt: 3
Up Tilt: 8
Down Tilt: 3
Dash Attack: 5

Up Smash: 8
Down Smash: 5
Forward Smash: 24

Forward B: 25
Neutral B: 12
Up B: 8

Forward Air: 6
Back Air: 7
Down Air: 4
Up Air: 2
Neutral Air: 3

UPDATE:

Ok so the metagame has evolved some but most of this information still stands with a few minor changes that from both sides.

-So upair is amazing vs MK, an upthrow, dancing blade ending up, (etc basically anything that puts the MK in the air) puts him at an awkward postion especially at high percents:

1. Either he tries to come down and airdodge which if the marth reads puts him in the air again
2. He keeps jumping to avoid which results in the MK having less jumps now which can make his landing much easier to predict.
3. He tries to trade, which isn't a good one at high percents.
4. He might start anticipating your upair so he'll tornado, that's just a bad choice overall since you can punish hie landing easily.
Note: because you can use upair like this it makes me feel like you shouldn't hold onto Dolphin Slash or the kill anymore

-Upsmash is THE punisher in this matchup (if no range then dancing blade). Blocked tornado? Upsmash. Blocked grounded shuttle loop? Run-in upsmash. Knock him off an edge of a platform? Upsmash.
1. It deals %18 fresh
2. puts him in the awkward situation (see above)

-The semi-random factor in the matchup, Fsmash: (times you can use this)
1. This actually outspaces the first TWO hits of MK's ftilt and hits Tippered. NOT the third hit though.
2. (not sure if this is %100 correct) fsmash mighhhht be as long as MK's first dsmash hit.
3. Spamming this like an idiot is almost not a bad idea. Almost. Looking for tippers and getting lucky can lopside the match sometimes making the MK approach you since you're a stock ahead (assuming he lost a stock because of it) which is smooth sailing since you can block grab and just predict his dash grabs.

-Spotdodge
1. This ****** move is actually useful just against one thing, dash grab. Use it sparingly. You can tell when an MK wants to grab, when he runs and you don't see a foot coming your way about an 2/3's of an fsmash away.

I have a little more info...

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Ok these are things that I would like to share with you about the MK matchup AND BEFORE YOU DISMISS THIS OR TELL ME IT BELONGS IN THE MK MATCHUP THREAD just give it a read =)
This belongs in the mk match-up thread....AND junk already wrote a guide on this
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4465939#post4465939

-Don't go off stage to gimp mk period. You'll most likely get counter-gimped.

-MK can cancel all lag out of the nado if he lands on the ground when it finishes. Fsmash is highly ill advised against a good mk. There's nothing wrong with up+b'ing oos against the nado, especially if it's shielded.

-Dancing blade is NOT an approach. The reach is HORRIBLE. Dancing blade is a punisher, not an approach. Not to mention, why would you be approaching?

-Stuff

You said a lot of things that I'll admit were true, but most of it was obvious.

That and a lot of what you said was also repetition. I'm sorry, but this belongs in either the mk match-up thread or could post in in junk's thread? But I suppose 3rd page is a bit ew for it. Still, mk matchup thread.

Ulevo

Smash Master
First off, you can't use Dash Attack out of Grab Release. Second, you should use Dolphin Slash every opportunity you can. Against Tornado especially, and for things like OOS vs Glide Attack. Dancing Blade will keep your moves fresh, so as long as you play intelligently, so you shouldn't have a decayed Dolphin Slash unless you're using it repeatedly to KO Meta Knight, which is also bad. It is your counter measure for a lot of his moves, not just a KO move, and should be used as such. As for the FSmash, the only time you should even use it is if Meta Knight messed up with Drill Rush, Shuttle Loop or Tornado and is helplessly falling, or if he is approaching you with Tornado and you have time to use it. It is very, very unsafe otherwise.

@feardragon64: Meta Knight can only completely cancel his lag on the Tornado if he lands from using it at about Marths head height. Any lower or higher, and he'll have lag at the end of it, even if only slight. It is still punishable.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
@feardragon64: Meta Knight can only completely cancel his lag on the Tornado if he lands from using it at about Marths head height. Any lower or higher, and he'll have lag at the end of it, even if only slight. It is still punishable.
Muchos gracias for the correction. It's been a while since I heard about it directly from someone. Guess the facts got muddled in my head.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Its good stuff in all, but everyone above me is right, it is common sense

If this is stuff against meta***, WHY dont you put it in a meta match-up thread? That's what makes less sense than anything else.

"Dolphin Slash out of shield vs tornado IS IMPRACTICAL! Unless at the edge, this can be done for a kill but even then...
Reason: It won't be fresh!!!!"

Dolphin slash out of shield vs tornado is amazing, i dont know what your talking about
Your dolphin slash shdnt be stale at all, your dancing blade will be, your Fair should be, and your D-tilt probably is gonna be stale since you're gonna be using those three alot more than DS...

approaching against a good metaknight=GG, you shd never do it.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I like using D-tilts if he's trying to come up while off-stage just once or so, but generally just waiting for him to come back on-stage. He's pretty insane to play because of his speed.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
yes you can lol.

do some homework, you're doing it wrong if it's not working.
yupzzzz it kills at %120 tippered...(on the edge) but its hard to tipper lol

Dolphin slash out of shield vs tornado is amazing, i dont know what your talking about
Your dolphin slash shdnt be stale at all, your dancing blade will be, your Fair should be, and your D-tilt probably is gonna be stale since you're gonna be using those three alot more than DS...

approaching against a good metaknight=GG, you shd never do it.
Yea it is great but the problem is there's better options. It's actually much better to block the entire tornado then chase with a Dancing blade.

and I'd have to disagree with not being able to approach, you can but it has to be an intelligent/careful approach.

And i have played good MK's thx, TKD, connor and dsf (i can't beat him XD) are just some. Practicing regularly with TKD.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Havok, please, you're starting to embarress yourself.

Dolphin Slash does 13%. It's damage is SIMILAR and when fresh has a similar kill power than dancing blade. It also has invincibility frames perfect for out of shield options.

Blocking an entire tornado is absoloutely insane, when the **** thing chips away at your shield by a LARGE margin and can easily shield poke...

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
iono, honestly i just shield through the whole tornado, and wait for them and punish with forward b.

if my shield is small, i'll just try to maintain my spacing until i regain it or punish tornado with up b.

but forward b is my main choice

feardragon64

Smash Champion
iono, honestly i just shield through the whole tornado, and wait for them and punish with forward b.

if my shield is small, i'll just try to maintain my spacing until i regain it or punish tornado with up b.

but forward b is my main choice
But why even bother with backing out so far to regain your shield?
Also, one two dancing blade + 1 fair = fresh dolphin slash.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Blocking an entire tornado is absoloutely insane, when the **** thing chips away at your shield by a LARGE margin and can easily shield poke...
It takes about 2 full tornados on you to destroy your shield, yes a smart MK will will attempt to destroy your shield but that's why i mentioned a retreating Counter. (If you stand still and counter a tornado CAN go right through you)

But why even bother with backing out so far to regain your shield?
Also, one two dancing blade + 1 fair = fresh dolphin slash.
I'll give you this one, you're right.

Havok, please, you're starting to embarress yourself.
I'll post up a video soon. From that TJ tournament

∫unk

Smash Master
i'm pretty sure havok is legit

but gimme a tl dr version man most of your stuff is jumbled up so many astericks and ****

∫unk

Smash Master
added more info

VIDEO:
Not the best game ever on my part but the other ones will get uploaded later. Keep in mind i Play with TKD very often so we know each other pretty well, and during this game it was like 1 AM in tijuana Mexico AND it was outside lol

No johns son.

Your spacing is better than most of these "good" marth's on here. Honestly this video just proved how stupid meta is. I have similar experiences.

You missed a few punishments here and there. Probably could have DI'd out of a few of those tornados. Countered a few obvious d-smashes but overall your play was really good especially for the circumstances (tourney finals outside etc etc).

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Despite making a few mistakes(missing a few times to punish as junk said, maybe using the wrong move for the job a few times) I must say havok
Your spacing is awesome.

Ulevo

Smash Master
yes you can lol.

do some homework, you're doing it wrong if it's not working.
You're correct. I haven't played with Marth extensively in a while, so it wasn't fresh in my mind. I'm prone to make mistakes like anyone else.

I can assure you though, I've done more homework on Marth than you have.

TKD

Smash Lord
You're correct. I haven't played with Marth extensively in a while, so it wasn't fresh in my mind. I'm prone to make mistakes like anyone else.

I can assure you though, I've done more homework on Marth than you have.
LOL yeah u know more about marth than havok and mikeHAZE

**making blog about Ulevo, officially the best marth in the states**

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Added more info

here's the next game in the tj grand finals which i think is a much better example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U74Du6xZh7M

the mix up game in this is better, plus it was my counterpick =)
So much gimmicky stuff on the 2nd stock and the MK fell for all of it.

I guess that's what player metagame does for you but still.... :/ Doesn't help Marth in general because it ain't guaranteed.

good match though

**Havok**

Smash Lord
So much gimmicky stuff on the 2nd stock and the MK fell for all of it.

I guess that's what player metagame does for you but still.... :/ Doesn't help Marth in general because it ain't guaranteed.
I can see some things that could be considered gimmicky like 1 Dancing blade into grab, but that just contributes that TKD is my friend and I kinda knows what he's going to expect from me?

Can I do that to other MK's? YES, obv its easier said that done but it can work if you throw a random dancing+ grab amongst the sets of dancing blades. It just applies to the mix up game.

A lot of the random grabs that I got from him on the 2nd stock were from hitting him and grabbing him in the air. Many people when hit out of the air don't do anything when they are falling from such a low height allowing a grab or a dancing blade. Just saying.

That's the only real gimmicky thing i see. But, yea you are correct its not guranteed but just like any mind game isn't as well, right?

Oh wait Upsmash kill was gimmicky, that's completely unreliable

That MK is absolutely nothing to laugh about :) He can go even w/ DSF and sometimes beat him plus whatever hes done in my area. :chuckle:

I'll try to finish the guide sometime this week.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
added more info

VIDEO:
Not the best game ever on my part but the other ones will get uploaded later. Keep in mind i Play with TKD very often so we know each other pretty well, and during this game it was like 1 AM in tijuana Mexico AND it was outside lol

you can't actually zone mk like that with down tilt.. i dunno why that was working at first o_O

edit: this wasn't meant to be a hater post btw lol, your control is excellent

props

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend

but yeah i mean, i really wouldn't go out there unless i knew for sure i would hit. if i chose to though,i just try to be as safe as possible.

KramCAKEs

Smash Rookie
Oh wow good **** havok, you know the matchup too well haha, lets play again sometime hopefully ill do better lol

Top Bottom