• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

japanese tourney performance list.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
here it is:

S:MetaKnight,Snake,Falco
A:R.O.B,Diddy,Marth,Pit,Fox
B:Mr. Game & Watch,Wolf,Toon Link
C:Ice Climbers,Olimar,Sheik,Zero Suit Samus,Pikachu,Lucario
D:Kirby,King Dedede,Mario,Lucas,Wario,Charizard
E:Zelda,Ike,Donkey Kong,Ness,Link,Luigi,Yoshi,Pokemon Trainer,Squirtle,Ivysaur
F:Sonic,Bowser,Samus,Captain Falcon,Jigglypuff,Peach
G:Ganondolf

how japanese players play aggressively:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEm-rQHRtvQ

this might contribute to why we think its so off

edit: CAPTIAN JACK VIDS!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3F3AE717DAB742AC

watch them, try to turn america aggressive :3

since people are asking, i found this @ http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203589

credit goes to somebody on fox boards who found it

cjrocker

Smash Ace
Link please.

And LOL at Pokemon Trainer/Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard having their own positions.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
1) How old is this tier list?

2) Did you take this list from the Fox boards?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
so many things wrong with this list, I don't even know where to start.

What's with Dedede's placement? Is chaingrabbing banned over there?

Mith_

Smash Champion
Characters are more popular in different regions I'm sure.

Pit is more popular in Japan than here, and they play more aggressively than we do as well. That affects the tier list.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
This is based on the Japanese metagame so comparing it to our list when we don't know much about their metagame is wrong.

So it's not way off until we know.

Teaddiction

Smash Cadet
That sucks! can´t believe that Ganondorf is the last one and that Pit is over Game and Watch...iI though they knew more about Brawl than us...lame

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Wow, Peach being that low is completely absurd. I guess thats how it goes when careful spacing is replaced with quick barrages of moves.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ness being much lower than Lucas? BACK!

Since when does Mario>Luigi.
Or Wario that low
or Peach being there?

Even if they do have a different metagame, there is NO WAY that's the JP tier list. No players are that stupid, and im pretty sure the japanese aren't.

Seems like a noobman's tier list.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
its funny that pt is separated, and that charizard is the best...when squirtle would probably benefit muuuuuch more from the japanese style of play.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
here it is:

S:MetaKnight,Snake,Falco
A:R.O.B,Diddy,Marth,Pit,Fox
B:Mr. Game & Watch,Wolf,Toon Link
C:Ice Climbers,Olimar,Sheik,Zero Suit Samus,Pikachu,Lucario
D:Kirby,King Dedede,Mario,Lucas,Wario,Charizard
E:Zelda,Ike,Donkey Kong,Ness,Link,Luigi,Yoshi,Pokemon Trainer,Squirtle,Ivysaur
F:Sonic,Bowser,Samus,Captain Falcon,Jigglypuff,Peach
G:Ganondolf

i just wanna say that i think this is TOTALLY off. even more screwed up then ours, which is amazing. pit is too high, peach is way too low, dk is too low, D3 is WAY too low, wario is way too low, so is lucario g&w, ect. the list goes on. but this is the japanese tier list as of right now.

poor ganon :(

keep in mind that they play aggressively, so it might differ a bit from our list. but i didnt think this much O.o

old tier list here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vse47W5GTM

lawlz ganon is still @ bottom :dizzy:

Tiers are based off the metagame and Match ups, and match ups affect the metagame anyways so eh.

The North american Meta is different from the Japanese one, you said it yourself.
In the way they play, ya, their list just might accurately reflect that.
They might look at our list and say WTF, they can probably say that, because we base ours off a certain way of playing, and since people don't play that was in Japan, they would probably have the same feelings of confusion looking at our list.

Also...if they play aggressively...how is Ganondorf going to be high in their metagame? Think of that, lots of people tried to play Ganondorf offensively here, and it hasn't worked for them.

If their metagame is highly aggressive, im surprised Ganondorf isn't at X >.>

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Tiers are based off the metagame and Match ups, and match ups affect the metagame anyways so eh.

The North american Meta is different from the Japanese one, you said it yourself.
In the way they play, ya, their list just might accurately reflect that.
They might look at our list and say WTF, they can probably say that, because we base ours off a certain way of playing, and since people don't play that was in Japan, they would probably have the same feelings of confusion looking at our list.

Also...if they play aggressively...how is Ganondorf going to be high in their metagame? Think of that, lots of people tried to play Ganondorf offensively here, and it hasn't worked for them.

If their metagame is highly aggressive, im surprised Ganondorf isn't at X >.>
put @ top so people can see before they go WTFBBQHAX >_>

Kaffei

Smash Hero
What does it mean "they play aggressive?"
Does anyone have a link showing a video of Japanese Brawlers?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
aha.... toon zelda, awesome sig Kaffei.

Anyway, there's probably some info that we have that they don't and vice versa... maybe...

Is there a japanese Smashboards that we can translate such that we can see what they know about the game? I find it hard to believe that you can play offensive and not have a DDD chaingrab in ur arsenal just for kix.

K 2

Smash Lord
Who are the best japanese brawl players? I haven't been hearing of them as much as american players (azen, m2k, Anther!, lain, etc)

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
So we play defensively (camp), while they play aggressively, do you think somebody like M2K can beat a pro Japanese player? Also, do you think that if they lose to our pros, they will also become MK players or camp?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
aha.... toon zelda, awesome sig Kaffei.

Anyway, there's probably some info that we have that they don't and vice versa... maybe...

Is there a japanese Smashboards that we can translate such that we can see what they know about the game? I find it hard to believe that you can play offensive and not have a DDD chaingrab in ur arsenal just for kix.
Haha, thanks.

I want to know more about this Japanese metagame..Seems more effective than camping in my opinion.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
This is a very interesting thread. I had no clue that the Japanese played like that. They actually make Brawl seem a lot faster paced than we do... Which brings up the question. Is the US's metagame inferior to Japans? I have a huge urge to see the greatest SSBB player from the US play the greatest from Japan... Man that would be a heck of a match.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Where did you find this? I'm having my doubts. I know the Japanese are behind us in terms of metagame development as a whole, but this is ridiculous.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Looking at the lil video you posted....I can see why their Tier list is like that.

Lucario and such are probably too slow for the style of play they use, since he's a floaty character like that, and someone like peach is probably similar.

So since there...like...quick dudes >.>......ya......fox is there for them.

Anyways...who said tier lists have to be the same?
I mean Japanese Pkmn vs English pkmn...I bet it's not the same either.
English pkmn is all like Garchomp (well not anymore lawl)...but ya... I can't even end this well.

Anyways different styles of play = different beliefs.
>.> Like Democratic and republican >.> They think differently.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
There is nothing wrong with an aggressive metagame if everyone else follows the same format. I bet they're saying they can wreck us while we're doing the same thing as well.

While we look at all of our options, their method is to beat the **** outta you as quick as possible. I'd like to say our method is better, but you never know until you pit the methods against each other. Theorycrafting won't work here.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Umm...their method looks more fun.
However our method seems to be safer.

We complain about the speed....maybe they do too...but they play faster than us...we play safer.
Safe is boring.
>.> To japan!

Anyways....I'm surprised some people aren't actually higher in their list... and not by our standards >.> Im surprised Falco doesn't actually just overtake Snake...but eh...ya.

I'll stop talking for now cus im a ******.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
This is a very interesting thread. I had no clue that the Japanese played like that. They actually make Brawl seem a lot faster paced than we do... Which brings up the question. Is the US's metagame inferior to Japans? I have a huge urge to see the greatest SSBB player from the US play the greatest from Japan... Man that would be a heck of a match.
What he said.

I wanna see m2k take on captain jack....if he plays brawl.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Their methods are interesting, they don't attempt smashes and limit their kill attacks until they're at a high percentage, which I guess is one of the reasons why pit is high and peach is low.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I don't think genralising their metagame on a few matches is a wise choice.

Top Bottom