• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

japanese tourney performance list.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
If you wanna take a look at JP vids. Go to the ganon boards. They have a bunch of different characters.

I personally think their Snakes are awesome.

mc4

Smash Journeyman
it's cool to see people play to test what they are capable of instead of a win at all cost chain grab shoot you to death style that we see in most if not all competitive play here in u.s

Diddy2k8

Smash Cadet
The metagame over there is completely different then ours. They actually fight while US just camps and chain grabs all match. It's a totally different game over there.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
Hrm, that tournament is interesting. They seem to run all kinds of settings.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
man i wish captain jack would go back to DK. some of his DK vids from melee were the whole reason i wanted to play the big ape. Seems like he's pretty into that cross dressing princess, how do u turn your back on an Ape with a tie?

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
CaptainJack(Sheik) vs Maasashi(Ike) was absolutely epic. Plus, the Fox and Falco game was one of the best games I have seen. I am glad Falco made it as high as he did. Down MK.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
@Brinboy: Take down my vid of Japan's May Chara ranking. It's old and completely outdated.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Huh. Their "OMGWTF" tier character Fox didn't rank S...

-_- When will there ever be an international tournament? Wait till they see us chaingrab, shield grab, and spam them to hell XD

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
Hate to disagree with most of you, japanese melee players absolutely destroyed american melee players not even a comparison, Fumi or captainjack christ. Besides any good gamer knows that you learn more from attacking more, if people had the attitude attack less play defensive the shine combo's in melee wouldn't exist. Play 100% aggressively and your prediction skills will increase way more than your shield spacing game imo.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Hate to disagree with most of you, japanese melee players absolutely destroyed american melee players not even a comparison, Fumi or captainjack christ. Besides any good gamer knows that you learn more from attacking more, if people had the attitude attack less play defensive the shine combo's in melee wouldn't exist. Play 100% aggressively and your prediction skills will increase way more than your shield spacing game imo.
What are you talking about?

Fumi never played against American players except maybe friendlies with Ken.

The only time Japanese melee players showed they were ahead of us was when Captain Jack visited in 2004 (beat Chu, lost to Azen) and placed 2nd at TG6 and 1st at an early MLG (beat Isai.) That was only one player.

Besides that, Japanese players who showed up here did not do as well as American players. S-royal got 5th at NCT2 (beating some good players like Isai). Shu and Hiko did very well at OC2 and made top 10, but were still beaten out by our top players like KDJ and Ken and Mew2King. Ken won at Jack Garden.

We're ahead, silly! Even if just by a little (though many would claim that we are "way" ahead. I'd disagree with that. Shu, Aniki, Hiko, Mach, Masashi, and other players were all very good.)

Anyway, that's Melee. Most of them play Brawl now.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
-_- When will there ever be an international tournament? Wait till they see us chaingrab, shield grab, and spam them to hell XD
They certainly would not be shocked in any way lol

Watch Ikki's DDD vs Aniki's Wario fron seven months ago...Ikki chaingrabs and also grab release usmashes Aniki. And also camps w/Waddle Ds lol

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
What are you talking about?

Fumi never played against American players except maybe friendlies with Ken.

The only time Japanese melee players showed they were ahead of us was when Captain Jack visited in 2004 (beat Chu, lost to Azen) and placed 2nd at TG6 and 1st at an early MLG (beat Isai.) That was only one player.

Besides that, Japanese players who showed up here did not do as well as American players. S-royal got 5th at NCT2 (beating some good players like Isai). Shu and Hiko did very well at OC2 and made top 10, but were still beaten out by our top players like KDJ and Ken and Mew2King. Ken won at Jack Garden.

We're ahead, silly! Even if just by a little (though many would claim that we are "way" ahead. I'd disagree with that. Shu, Aniki, Hiko, Mach, Masashi, and other players were all very good.)

Anyway, that's Melee. Most of them play Brawl now.
Yea and when american players start going to japan to play you'll see what happens lol...
Japanese brawlers looking amazing btw, moreso than u.s imo

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
Well I'm not even sure that list is legit. so this whole thread could be based on a lie.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Yea and when american players start going to japan to play you'll see what happens lol...
Japanese brawlers looking amazing btw, moreso than u.s imo
Who are you to judge unless you've played against such playstyles let alone those players? You need to be a really experienced and skilled player to judge skill off videos. That said... Japanese Metaknights don't even come close to ours.

Top Bottom