• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/10/09 - Game Table, Mineola NY

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Venue Information

http://www.thegametableonline.com/
http://thegametable.blogspot.com/

Mineola, NY 11501

If you need any more information, call, text, or IM me. My cell phone number is 917-856-5046.

We start registration at 12. Matches begin (with Melee Doubles) at 1. Then Brawl Doubles, then Melee Singles and Brawl Singles, subject to change at my whim, or at the lack/surplus of setups.

Tentative Monetary Details:
5 venue fee per player
10 dollars per player for Brawl Singles
20 dollars per TEAM for Brawl Doubles
10 dollars per player for Melee Singles
20 dollars per TEAM for Melee Doubles

This is heavily subject to change, and I am willing to talk about changing pot prices, and perhaps negotiating a different venue fee, if you guys are willing to give a cut of the pot to the venue.

We are going to need setups, especially TVs and component cables, and can probably waive the venue fee for those of you who CONFIRM that you are bringing setups AHEAD OF TIME.

All Rules Are Subject To Change, And the Final Ruleset Will Be Clearly Posted at the Event.

General Brawl rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Winner's finals and loser's finals will be a best of 5 format, and the championship will be a best of 7 format.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* In the event a match ends due to both players dying at the same time due to a suicide move (ie: Bowser's Suicide Klaw, Wario's Bite, Kirby or King DeDeDe's Swallow, Ganondorf's Flame Choke, etc), the match will be awarded to the initiator of the move.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

* Any person who is found interfering with a match (this includes being due to wireless controller

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stages:

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counter:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Castle Siege
Delfino
Battleship Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Corneria
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Each Player/Team may ban 4 Counterpick Stages after the first game.

Additional Rules for Doubles

Life Stealing is allowed

Set team attack to ON

Courtesy will be given to those with colorblind issues.

Mage's DQ Rule is in effect: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

No modified version of Brawl will be permitted for use in the tournament (direct boot from Disk only).

Melee Rules:
# Items are set to off
# The stock is set to 4
# The time limit is set to a 8 minutes.
# All sets are best of 3 matches, with the exception of the winner's and loser's finals which are best of 5, and the grand finals which are best of 7.
# In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
# No player may choose the stage they last won on
# Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
# Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match
# The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
# Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
# Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)

Set Format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match (Double Blind May Be Called)
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches

Random Stage List
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List
DK Island: Jungle Japes
F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City
Kanto Skies: Poke Floats
Lylat System: Corneria
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON
* Termina: Great Bay is added to the Counter Stage List
* F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City is Banned
* Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams is Banned

Ace17

Smash Rookie
iigh im in there nuttin on earth will stop me from showin up!!!!

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Lol ace. Go to the game table tourney tommorow. ^_^, This is Mintyflesh from aib. Actually, im not sure if i can make this, i think i might be going on vacation that day w/ my family....

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Yea, I'm posting this up way ahead so we can try to get a nice turnout!

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Its bit far off in the distance to confirm if ill come. I'll post up a week or so before hand if I decide to show.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Here's the deal...if I run melee, you guys get a corner or maybe the basement for a tournament. If we need your TVs for brawl, you wait. If your match is called and you're in a melee match...too bad, DQ rules apply. That's the only way this could work, is that okay with you guys, or do you not want melee?

Glick

Smash Lord
I think I'll be happy if you just have melee in general. Even if its just one TV for melee friendlies. Melee is the funnest game ever and I never get to play real people.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I just contacted the owner to clear melee, as soon as he gets back to me and lets me know if it's okay to add melee (which I'm sure it will be), I'll post and confirm it, as well as post a ruleset. If melee goes through, we are DEFINITELY going to need setups, because I don't even have one.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
imma show up, hopefully nothing prevents me from going. Hey Guru, if ya need a lift to go to this event then hit me up. Also if any peeps from Brooklyn trying to attend this shin-dig and do not have a ride, hit me up on aim: vmsshinchan. There will be a $6 charge for gas, and i can only fit three ppl in muh coupe.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
With the SBR giving its okay to ban MK (but not encouraging it), feel free to post your opinion on whether or not he should be banned. If there is an overwhelming demand for his ban, he will be.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
With the SBR giving its okay to ban MK (but not encouraging it), feel free to post your opinion on whether or not he should be banned. If there is an overwhelming demand for his ban, he will be.
That's no fun, what will people do when they get down a game in a set? xD

But yeah, I'll be coming to this for sure.

doowop

Smash Apprentice
lol. green hill zone, melee yoshi's island, and distant planet are counterpicks? eh. i'll just go all top tier this tourn. and no hacks? so we should fear tripping then.

PirateAce

Smash Rookie
I really hope I can go to this as it's a couple hours away but I'd love to confirm soon if I can. The link to the main website isn't working for me by the way I don't know if that's just my problem.

KORMEGA

Smash Rookie
im def goin to this. im lookin for people to practice with on LI i can get anywere on the island i live exit 57 off LIE

doommachine i would def wanna practice with you and will im tryin to look for people to practice with, most my friends dont really play brawl and those that do arent that good. i was at that recent tourny with you guys i used the name SKAR i was the falco i played you a couple times in friendlies and i played will a bunch of times. our games were exciting even though he won everytime

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman
im def goin to this. im lookin for people to practice with on LI i can get anywere on the
island i live exit 57 off LIE
if you can get to suffolk community selden campus, we usually play there every mon-thursday from 9-4, or whenever i can have my system hooked up. just go to student babylon building and go to the gaming area.

Ubi24

Smash Rookie
I may be attending with a friend of mine for teams and singles. 3 hour trip but it may be worth it.

Any smashers in Albany, NY that wanna brawl?

KORMEGA

Smash Rookie
i live like 15 minutes away from the suffolk campus in seldon. most my friends go their, ill def start stoppin by there its tough to make those times cuz i work monday through friday 9to 5 but i dont always go everyday ill def start stoppin by there i need more practice. thanks for lettin me know man

-edit- if i dont go to the school can i still go to the gaming room?

Top Bottom