• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/10/09 - Game Table, Mineola NY

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
i live like 15 minutes away from the suffolk campus in seldon. most my friends go their, ill def start stoppin by there its tough to make those times cuz i work monday through friday 9to 5 but i dont always go everyday ill def start stoppin by there i need more practice. thanks for lettin me know man

-edit- if i dont go to the school can i still go to the gaming room?
Yea they don't really check people's IDs.

KORMEGA

Smash Rookie
im def gonna start goin to the campus now. ima have to find time between but ima try to go often, everytime i go ill bring my wii and controllers as well

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I may be attending with a friend of mine for teams and singles. 3 hour trip but it may be worth it.

Any smashers in Albany, NY that wanna brawl?
lol i live upstate near saratoga when i'm home. but if u play brawl then it doesn't matter i only play melee and i play hard melee so lol unless you're competitive melee then i don't care about you!!!

ch33s3

Smash Lord
We now have Melee! I'll get up a ruleset as soon as I can. We will need setups for melee, especially TVs, Disks and memory cards with everything unlocked.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
really sorry guys, but were gunna need to make Cataclysm 4 (ECRC Finals) this date, no other date will work in jan.

Talk to me about this people. I don't think this will be too much of an issue, a lot of NY smash doesn't travel, so it may not matter. Thanks for the heads-up though.

Vanill4

Smash Cadet
So what's the time schedule for Melee stuff and Brawl stuff? It's not in the opening post like it was last time. I may be going with a friend or two just for Melee, so I want to know if we're gonna have to go earlier or later.

Thanks!

Eaode

Smash Champion
I'll look into this one. If I come it'll be just for Melee, we'll see. May or may not bring a setup, I'll post later when I get more info.

I'm also with everyone else in saying post the schedule. Also, if we brought a tv would we have the option to keep the setup for friendlies only, as in not interrupted by tourney matches?

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
I just looked at @ the stage list. Yoshi's Island Melee, Distant Planet, Green Hill, and Pirate Ship oh my :confused:.

And furthermore, the neutrals! So little!

Also times would be nice.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Holy crap.... change the CPs. The SBR list is outdated, it was made like at release and they've even admitted it. Also add times for each event Ugh this is so unorganized >_>.

Oh yeah, why are there 3 starters... ugh, I liked it better when Eli / knightmare did it =(

ch33s3

Smash Lord
The stage list probably won't change/might have minor adjustments. The times aren't finalized, and as soon as they are, I'll get then up.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Instead of saying ******** things like: Get *****, or X Stage should go, consider a logical argument? I have logical arguments FOR each stage on the CP list, so if one of you comes up with something novel, maybe it will be changed. Someone also pointed out that I didn't list ban options. You get 4, and I'll add that to the ruleset now.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Instead of saying ******** things like: Get *****, or X Stage should go, consider a logical argument? I have logical arguments FOR each stage on the CP list, so if one of you comes up with something novel, maybe it will be changed. Someone also pointed out that I didn't list ban options. You get 4, and I'll add that to the ruleset now.
olimar yoshis and green hill just let dumb **** happen like ddd grab = death

olimars level like the character, is stupidly campy and if ddd gets you on the slope gg

yoshis you never want to attack since ull get grabbed and cged off the side

green hill zone is the same, except you can also camp the checkpoint like a *****

now explain how making everyone but like 3 characters viable can be justified, i am interested

ch33s3

Smash Lord
The chain grab is escapable up the slopes on DP, Yoshi's Pipes and Green Hill Zone. If I'm mistaken, post a video, and I'll remove them. Campy is not necessarily bad.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
That sort of campy is bad because it puts the attacker at a totally unfair advantage and forces people to use 1 of like 3 characters and just spam and run the timer all day

Eaode

Smash Champion
why put mad gay stages and give players lots of bans? Why not just give 1-2 bans and take off the **** stages? Most people will probably use two bans just getting rid of extreme BS.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
The chain grab is escapable up the slopes on DP, Yoshi's Pipes and Green Hill Zone. If I'm mistaken, post a video, and I'll remove them. Campy is not necessarily bad.
How about you, the one changing from the norm prove that it is escapable.

In addition to Brawl's already campy nature....do we need MORE, the type that worsens the already very questionable balance? This is coming from a ROB player!

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I'm not changing from the norm of the nation, just here, but I just did a chain on Green Hill Zone, so that's gone (I'll edit) and lots of bans is pretty standard outside the Northeast, and I think allows you to protect against ridiculous CP disadvantage, so bans are good. Yoshi's Pipes I'm testing (when I get a chance) to see Olimar throw %, etc, because I know you can't chain there, and it's otherwise a good stage for the characters with mobility issues. I still don't understand why people want DP banned, because a little campiness (which is stopped by the rushing water) isn't worth banning, IMO. So keep talking about it. Good arguments get stages banned. :). So stop with the stupid, unproductive comments.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Distant planet you can chaingrab on.

the stupid monster **** can kill you

you can still camp on the water, in fact it helps because you can just stand on it and keep jumping up and they CAN'T APPROACH YOU AT ALL

characters like metaknight or characters with tethers can hit you and run away in loops around the stage

also it's not hard to hit people into the OHKO monster

Eaode

Smash Champion
Is there a guarantee to a discount if we bring a setup? First post says probably...

Also, Kongo Jungle 64 as Neutral seems kinda sketchy, but w/e I like that stage.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Cheese, honestly everybody just wants to remove it, with you being the only exception and I do. I'd personally just remove it so to get a bigger turnout.

Eli get ***** ^_^

ch33s3

Smash Lord
If you confirm a setup in advance and we use it, venue fee is discounted. And I admittedly know little about Melee, so I just copied the SBR list, if people want Melee stages changed, say something. Stage list will probably be updated, especially if people make intelligent comments about them.

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman
****, gay stages getting banned. now i don't wanna go lol. but seriously, ban those stages. DP, Yoshi's Island (melee) and Green Hill Zone.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Distant planet, Yoshi pipes, Poke2 and Green Hill Zone should go.... get *****. Four stage bans is way too much.

Werdnabirdna

Smash Rookie
I want to go to this, but is it going to end up everyone going for melee and not smash?

Top Bottom