• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle of Ohio V [Melee] 1/17/09 ::Vids in 2nd post::

aquteen

Smash Ace
Middle of Ohio V

The Venue is an enclosed building located at Selby park.

all is brawl tournament listing http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3512

Start coming sometime after 12:00 and be there signed up before 12:30 for melee doubles.

12:30 -- Melee doubles
after doubles -- Melee singles

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=closeup2lx4.jpg -- close up of venue
http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=farrawayzx6.png -- overview of area

Venue fee: $5
Melee singles: $10
Melee doubles: $10 per person

Pot
Split will be:
1st -- 60%
2nd -- 30%
3rd -- 10%

$5 Drephen beating bonus*

^How this works: Whoever can knock Drephen out of the singles tournament gets $5 even if they don't win.

*Drephen can't win this bonus

Name: Selby Park
Address: 355 S Selby Blvd Worthington, Ohio, United States

Hey don't make a huge mess I have to clean the place up and no red drinks allowed.

Rules
This will be a double elimination tournament.
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may not ban neutral stages.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* FF will be on in teams

stage is for singles only=*

Melee

4 Stock 8 Mins best 2/3 finals 3/5

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams*
Pokémon Stadium
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counter picks are:
Rainbow cruise
Brinstar
F-Zero*
Poke Floats
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Kongo Jungle

aquteen

Smash Ace
no but it will be sometime this week though.

we need more people at the next one, at the third one we had 31 and at the fourth we had 20?????

swift, 4% and friends need to come is what i'm thinking

TheLake

Smash Master
Oooh la la

Another ohio tourney eh?

Christmas is certainly coming early this year ^_^

alcoady

Smash Ace
ok so, y'all gettin jacked up at this!
can't wait to play those Ohio hooligans again :chuckle:

i'm lookin at you 4%, Soap, BigD/R

also i miiiiiight need housing

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
This date sounds pretty good for me. I'll have to inform Chuk and Fear about it. We might be able to get TOGP(That One Guy Phil not Togepi) to go also. I love these tourneys. Keep 'em coming. And if I make it I'll bring my setup again so no worries on that.

Btw, if the date DOES change will it most likely be a closer date or more into next month?

Impp

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'll be at this, with a T.V, , and a Gamecube, and Steve probably.

Dude,.... Michigan, and Pittsburgh, this is looking crazy

Lake, you down for teams.

I'm thinking Team "Kid tested, Mother approved" (Thanks goes to Soap)

That'd be a good name for a Zelda combo video, too.

.Rance.

Smash Apprentice
This date sounds pretty good for me. I'll have to inform Chuk and Fear about it. We might be able to get TOGP(That One Guy Phil not Togepi) to go also. I love these tourneys. Keep 'em coming. And if I make it I'll bring my setup again so no worries on that.

Btw, if the date DOES change will it most likely be a closer date or more into next month?
I'll make sure you guys don't have to take eachother out this time too, sorry about that at the last one.

The date is probably pretty set in stone for December 6th, but it'd probably get moved to later in december if we couldn't get it.

As for whoever said they might need housing, i don't remember who said it lol...One of us might be able to, but no promises. If we can't, then i'm sure you can bug one of the CoK mates about it.

TheLake

Smash Master
Yeah, I'll be at this, with a T.V, , and a Gamecube, and Steve probably.

Dude,.... Michigan, and Pittsburgh, this is looking crazy

Lake, you down for teams.

I'm thinking Team "Kid tested, Mother approved" (Thanks goes to Soap)

That'd be a good name for a Zelda combo video, too.
Dude I was just about to hound you in this thread! Heck yes, yes yes and a million time yes (Thats for the team and the combo video name)

"Kid tested, Mother approved" Has just been approved by both parties. Lets **** the joint brah.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Rance should make 2-tone and dippindots run into each other in the brackets, just so i dont have to money match him for a rematch >_> lols

Anyone want a sexy Ganon for teams?

Edit: I'll be bringing a set up btw

Big_R

Smash Champion
yo im not practicing until i get the black warrior back and if you dont ring it bigd im will show up and leave

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
I'll make sure you guys don't have to take eachother out this time too, sorry about that at the last one.
That would be great......

Although, we had some incredible matches in our set.

aquteen

Smash Ace
it it's not on the 6th it might have to be sometime in january cause any later into december people are gonna be all tied up with holiday ****, but idk i guess something like that could work if enough people could come

and someone give bigr his controller back

QUIVO

Smash Master
I might come to this.

I've been playing with Ajj, Soap and once with Joe Bushman. They got me back into this

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
I might come to this.

I've been playing with Ajj, Soap and once with Joe Bushman. They got me back into this
Yessshhh!

Hey man, if Phil goes I'll prolly partner with him but if not we should team.
Unless you already have a teammate. In which case, YOU GOIN' DOWN, SON! *tipper*

Btw, a captain ditto between Ajj and Jiano would be pretty sexy. I hope it happens.

soap

Smash Hero
BigD fronzled ajj's falcon in dittos... he'll just go fox like the scrub he is.

looks like everyone and their cousin is comin, i hope the date gets changed cuz im cramming for finals that weekend

Big_R

Smash Champion
yo dec 6th is pretty good for like everyone else even tho ima need to study too...lol

i guess keep it cuz jiano is at like 45-50% power and plans on rampaging thru this.

for those who dont kno he has only reached 60% power and that was at pound 2

soap

Smash Hero
i hope its changed cuz ill end up showing anyway cuz i have no self restraint and this will take away from study time

aquteen

Smash Ace
people should really show up for teams there pretty fun. we have never had more than 8 teams in the bracket lets try and get at least 12 k?

.Rance.

Smash Apprentice
Hey, soap + bigr, you should just bring your studying **** with you and then you can atleast tell yourself you tried, but it was just too noisy to study.

Top Bottom