• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle of Ohio V [Melee] 1/17/09 ::Vids in 2nd post::

aquteen

Smash Ace
how strict are they gonna be on this out by 6 thing

cause in all honesty we probably wont be, and it probably wont start at 10. i dont think in all my years of playing smash ive ever seen a tourney start on time
there is a group coming in at 7 so we should be out by 6 but I guess if we were out by 6:30 that would be fine.

so no we can't really stay that much longer than 6

I would like to still have it on the 6th but if all you people really think 10 is to early I understand we can do it another time

december is going to be hard to book dates because of christmas partys but january should be real easy to get dates.

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind getting up balls-early in the morning to drive to c-bus from KY. I'm sure my crew won't care either. The things we do for Melee....

XDoesUpB

Smash Apprentice
there is a group coming in at 7 so we should be out by 6 but I guess if we were out by 6:30 that would be fine.

I would like to still have it on the 6th but if all you people really think 10 is to early I understand we can do it another time

december is going to be hard to book dates because of christmas partys but january should be real easy to get dates.
Sure january sounds great, after this one on december 6th of course

Apples

Smash Apprentice

If it's January I won't be coming. I can't do January.

soap

Smash Hero
I don't mind getting up balls-early in the morning to drive to c-bus from KY. I'm sure my crew won't care either. The things we do for Melee....
i dont mind the early start, ill just come for singles rofl, saturday mornings are my sanctuary

im sure we'll get through on time, u guys run things quick as hell, this one is looking big though, u just need setups and dont be afraid to DQ lazy bums like me

Big_R

Smash Champion
lol drunk juke is too good

do work on that emily chick it's locked!

also lets not play this in tourny ur pretty mean sober lol

aquteen

Smash Ace
well I think I'm gonna just do it on the 6th and have it start kinda early

and soap it wasn't you that caused the problem last time it was some guy named buttram who held up the brackets by 45 mins, if we didn't have so much extra time last time he would have been DQ'ed and that's what looks like is gonna happen for this one if anyone shows up really late.

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
^Phil was late 'cuz he sucks with directions. If he shows up at this one he'll probably be on time. Don't quote me on that, though.

And I don't about you guys, but... I like making history.
I don't think it's possible to top the 6-hour Smash on the Lawn revival, but hopefully this one comes close.

Apples

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it's possible to top the 6-hour Smash on the Lawn revival, but hopefully this one comes close.
THAT was ****ing awesome. Once again, I thank Beegs for that one that was great. The night before he was up in CF with us staying the night before the tourney when we found out. Everyone was pissed, flipping out and ****, calling everyone they could think of to host the tournament on a one day notice. We were really close to not making it. Then Beegs got Marcus to do it like way ****in late at night. Man that **** was amazing. The things we do for this game...

MegaFEAR

Smash Apprentice
Im in. I don't mind waking up balls early for melee!

We can bring a setup.
So between me, chuk, and 2-tone, we got 2 cubes and at least 1 tv

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
THAT was ****ing awesome. Once again, I thank Beegs for that one that was great. The night before he was up in CF with us staying the night before the tourney when we found out. Everyone was pissed, flipping out and ****, calling everyone they could think of to host the tournament on a one day notice. We were really close to not making it. Then Beegs got Marcus to do it like way ****in late at night. Man that **** was amazing. The things we do for this game...
I'm surprised we were able to fit that many people in that microwave oven of a house. I missed the Grand Finals because I REALLY didn't want to go upstairs again. In retrospect though, that tourney was sweet.

soap

Smash Hero
I'm surprised we were able to fit that many people in that microwave oven of a house. I missed the Grand Finals because I REALLY didn't want to go upstairs again. In retrospect though, that tourney was sweet.
didnt those matches get recorded? I wanted to watch those along with my set with X.... Anthony, Step. It. Up. these worthington guys have uploaded like 500 matches from only two tourneys, u guys are batting 0

DippnDots

Feral Youth

You!
I wanna take you to a gay bar,
I wanna take you to a gay bar,
I wanna take you to a gay bar, gay bar, gay bar.

Let's start a war, start a nuclear war,
At the gay bar, gay bar, gay bar.
Wow!
At the gay bar.
Now Tell me do ya?, but do ya have any money?
I wanna spend all your money,
at the gay bar, gay bar, gay bar.

I've got something to put in you,
At the gay bar, gay bar, gay bar.
Wow!

You're a superstar, at the gay bar.
Yeah! you're a superstar, yeah at the gay bar.
Superstar.
Super, super, superstar

4% APR

Smash Champion
didnt those matches get recorded? I wanted to watch those along with my set with X.... Anthony, Step. It. Up. these worthington guys have uploaded like 500 matches from only two tourneys, u guys are batting 0
you can blame chase for that one haha

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Believe me, if the Miss were to allow it, there would be smash at my wedding >_> Nothing says I DO like a falcon PAUNCH

DrewB008

Smash Lord
scsyn3 is not gonna be the 13th anymore, and there is a pretty good looking tournament in indiana on the 6th.

just throwing that out there since i dont think youve confirmed the date yet

and it will take away from some possible attendance

soap

Smash Hero
Yeah, think we're hitting up the Indiana tournament instead of this one sadly.
29th is looking preeety good now huh, that thing is looking pretty big now i just checked it out.

fuking biggy is going to that over this when ohio supplied a third of the michigan tourney attendance.

Big_R

Smash Champion
so about this being the 13th.....
after finals no worries at all. i got mad stuff the 29th...

plus we can get more oos the 13th.

plus this is starting early and stuff

but idk if the 13th was ever an option...:(:(

ya it was!

so the 13th is a pretty solid date for this imo. purdue is like 4 hrs flat from cbus too. so if u rly want a tourny, and a good one at that, then u could hit that up. i may be busy idk if i can go oos on the 6th but ya...

aquteen

Smash Ace
well **** I didn't see that tourney. I agree with you bigr I'm gonna try and get the 13 instead I hope thats cool with people

4% APR

Smash Champion
If this does get changed, Apples and I might drive out to IN. Would anyone be interested in coming with us?

Top Bottom