• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

November 30th YAY OMNI IS BETTER! Tourney - Auburn Hills, MI

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Date: November 30th

(They open at noon, but the owner doesnt show up until like 12:30 feel free to stop by for friendlies!)
Registration starts at 12:30 PM
Tournament starts at 1:00 - 1:30 PM. ( Very little Exceptions will be made due to us taking up space!!)

3073 E Walton Blvd
Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2369

Price:
*Venue fee: $2.50
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles: $10 per person

Payout is standard
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%
*venue fee will be waived when you bring a WII or TV!

General Rules:
- 3 Stock
- 8 minute timer
- Items are set to "off" and "none"
- All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for finals matches)
- port johns will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
- The same stage can't be used twice in a set unless agreed upon by both players. this goes for banned stages as well.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide claw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
- You are responsible for your own controller, wii, bag, money etc. If you get anything stolen the venue is not at fault.
- Excessive Stalling is banned.
- Double blind character picking is allowed

First offense of the following rules is loss of stock, second offense is loss of that game, third is loss of match.

Stage Strike system is being used.

Starter stages:
-Battlefield
-Final destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Pokémon Stadium 1

They will be picked 1 - 2 - 1 and who chooses first will be decided by RPS.

Counterpickable stages:
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

You may ban one stage from either list after the striking process is over.

Each station will have a list of stages that you may select to avoid confusion. Also, if you and your opponent(s) agree, you may play any stage you want, banned or not. If you have any questions, please let me know before the tournament or before your match. If the match is already in progress you are stuck.

Banned:
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld

Wii+Brawl
1. The Venue has one Wii+Brawl with everything unlocked.

IMPORTANT VENUE INFORMATION
-Most of E. Walton Boulevard is closed for construction. Best way around this is taking University Dr. and going through a sidestreet called Snellbrook Rd. Taking that straight will get you to the plaza.

EDIT: This construction is uncertain, as it's been awhile since I've been out that way. Better safe then sorry, at any rate

-The venue itself is, once in the plaza, around the right-hand corner. I'll supply my number to any who may need it

-Normally, ChillZone charges $3 an hour to use their other equipment. The venue fee only covers playing in the tournament. Other than that, tourney-goers will get a $1/hour discount on normal rates for their equipment. Again: if you want to use stations NOT being used for the tournament, the venue WILL charge you $2/h

NO DRUGS. NO ALCOHOL NO WEED. NO JOHNS. Cigarettes can be smoked outside. Violations of these rules will result in a DQ

OK. That being said:

JKBUK's Cell Phone Number: (586) 260-8521

WE NEED SET UPS
Set Ups-

JCAV- one wii + 2 tvs

JCav

Smash Lord
looks like ill be playing animal crossing all day O.o

sunday is a hard day to have a tourney...

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
this would be cool to go to if i didnt have out if state family in this weekend

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
this looks worse and worse as time goes on.

i'm going to call the deadline at friday night. if i don't have over 13 people by then, i'm calling it off.

Maybe we can claim a date ahead of time.... 22nd -23rd something like that is vayseths... anything going on during the 29thish weekend?

29thish is a word... wow.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I find it funny that little over an hour after you first posted this thread, you guys predicted that it wouldn't go well. Give it some time for people to see it :D

Btw, who the hell would rather play Animal Crossing than go to a tournament? That game is gonna be exactly the same as every other Animal Crossing game, and they last forever anyways, so whats the rush to play it?

JCav

Smash Lord
I find it funny that little over an hour after you first posted this thread, you guys predicted that it wouldn't go well. Give it some time for people to see it :D

Btw, who the hell would rather play Animal Crossing than go to a tournament? That game is gonna be exactly the same as every other Animal Crossing game, and they last forever anyways, so whats the rush to play it?
yeah pretty much

and that smash researcher looks cool...

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
well its just, such short notice doesn't usually go well with tourney outcomes =/

me D:

nah, i mean, i can wait. its just, i'd rather play that than run a 8 person tourney is all :p

we're waiting on two friends to decide on whether or not they're coming/ can come. i'll call a few people too.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Now that digi-ops ain't happening on that Sunday, I'll try to make it out to this. I'm sure Anther/Mann/NoJ will want to go to this. Probably Rofa, too. Its definitely possible to get together at least 10 people.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Now that digi-ops ain't happening on that Sunday, I'll try to make it out to this. I'm sure Anther/Mann/NoJ will want to go to this. Probably Rofa, too. Its definitely possible to get together at least 10 people.
anther said he was gunna try to cool it on tourneys, and that unless someone gave him a ride he didn't wanna go.

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman

I wasn't talking about the tournament looking shady. I was talking about my chances of coming being shady. I would support a Jcav/JKBUK tournament even if it was gonna have a small turn out.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
grahh. not lookin good. everyone is without rides.

i'm thinking that unless something amazing happens within the next 24 hours, we should cancel.

at any rate, whats a good date to reschedule to?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
jkbuk im think early december maybe because thanksgiving is running late this year

Brutos

Smash Apprentice
I could probally get one more person to come with me. I have to get in touch with him but I think he would come.

If this doesn't happen Sunday, we'll just smash at Jcav's house if its gonna be open.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I could probally get one more person to come with me. I have to get in touch with him but I think he would come.

If this doesn't happen Sunday, we'll just smash at Jcav and JKBUK's house if its gonna be open.
Fixed :chuckle:

nah jk... sorta

jkbuk im think early december maybe because thanksgiving is running late this year
but early december...
problem is, this has to be a weekend. The weekends are:

29-30
6-7 jcavs gone
13-14

thanksgiving is on the 27th, so the 30th may be cutting it close, but do-able. (plus its my bday on the 2nd, woo woo)

otherwise, the nearest is the 14th, a month from tm.

i mean, if we HAD to, we could have it without jcav, but i'd miss him too much feel kinda bad, being that he's half the effort in this.

blah. idk. i need to talk with people and see whats up with tournies as far as late NOV early DEC

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
so confirmed, no tourney this weekend?

yeah i think i'm gunna call it off.

after waking up at 3 in the morning, with a pain so severe in my stomach that i threw up, i'm not up for much more then chilling out this weekend

i'll find out another day to do this. probly early december, like ori said. if panda, vayseth, or anyone could throw out a good date, we could work with it

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
1.change this thread into "Jcav's basement thread"
2.have lots of random people come play smash in Jcav's basement
3.????
4.Profit

lain

Smash Master
Me and rofa can come if it's gonna happen with at least 10 people. ONLY SIX MORE GOD **** IT.

sadness...

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Me and rofa can come if it's gonna happen with at least 10 people. ONLY SIX MORE GOD **** IT.

sadness...
:( its pretty much canceled. me and jcav have already thrown together plans for tm, so itd really suck to have to cancel them. It'll have to wait =/

and i forgot that vayseth's thing is next week... i'll change the date to the 30th and hope for the best

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Nov. 30th sounds good its after my birthday so ill have some extra cash ill spread the news to my crew and we most likely show up see u then

Top Bottom