• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

November 30th YAY OMNI IS BETTER! Tourney - Auburn Hills, MI

lain

Smash Master
LOLLLLL thax is such a ****.

i'm coming. i dunno if anther is. ding gimme your #.

pretty sure i have a ride, but i might not.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
grr crap i thot it was tomorrow
gotta work at 4 sunday so i guess i can make it for teams?
lol i don't think doubles was in the plans...but...

can someone do me a HUGE favor? my cell phones being screwy, whenever i call someone its been going straight to voicemail (NO ONE GET SPRINT, EVER) so if someone could call the place and verify sunday as a good day, i'd greatly appreciate it.

(248) 377-1600

and i suppose, for NoJ, ask if dubs can happen too. That way, if enough want to, we can run that too.

Tell him we'd put the venue at $2.50 per tourney if doubles is ok'd. It seems unfair that we'd own the place a greater part of the day for only $30-40.

If that is the case, if you don't plan on entering dubs, you should probly leave on time, can't be crowding the store.

That being said: I need a dubs partner, lol

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
I'll go and bring a partner if there's doubles. So that's 2.

There's a chance I can bring 3 people with me actually...is this still going on?

Aw wait...Auburn hills. Maaan that's a little more driving!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Odds are high that I won't be able to go to this... but if I'm lucky (well, if I'm productive and do my **** homework) then I should be able to go.

Which means I probably can't :(

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
fuggin vidjo :) hows it goin man.

sad to say its not worth your drive down here, if you wanna good oturney to go to to go vayseh is leaving.

but if you wanna drive down do it baybee

also jkbuk: i beat you with snake cause im better than you, its the same reason i beat you with mk and all the other characters i play. my wolf only does good against NOJ's gaw, and i have no clue why. no johns my snake is pro

lain

Smash Master
Yeah vidjo this isn't gonna be like a big thing. We'll probably have the standard ~14 people.

I'm ok with dubs, doesn't really matter. I think me and rofa and maybe 2 others are coming.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
im doing this on everyone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GzdTccsYc8

and thats actually a bad video i do it like 9000 times as fast.

dude thats nasty

@ omni: MK can hardly be used as an example. I'm just really bad against snake, which is 2x worse considering is g&w's worst match up. i don't doubt you're better then me, but thats not even half the reason why i lost.

I called from another phone, times gunna be 1-4, no dubs. He said he's really busy.

EDIT: i'll talk to him while were there, maybe depending on how busy the place actually is he'll let us hang out for a dubs, but i should probly take an extra $2 per whoever stays for em.

And there'll be a better chance if whoever isn't staying for dubs clears out.

But no guarantees. =/ sorry

JCav

Smash Lord
dude thats nasty

@ omni: MK can hardly be used as an example. I'm just really bad against snake, which is 2x worse considering is g&w's worst match up. i don't doubt you're better then me, but thats not even half the reason why i lost.

I called from another phone, times gunna be 1-4, no dubs. He said he's really busy.

EDIT: i'll talk to him while were there, maybe depending on how busy the place actually is he'll let us hang out for a dubs, but i should probly take an extra $2 per whoever stays for em.

And there'll be a better chance if whoever isn't staying for dubs clears out.

But no guarantees. =/ sorry
your a little b*tch

woof for god tier

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
one nair gimps wolf at 0. wolf vs gaw is hard for wolf but winnable, imo it depends on how well you know your opponent and playstyles that determine if its even or in gaw favor.... but its never in wolf favor.

JCav

Smash Lord
BrawlBro, you wanna ride? im pretty sure i can drive but i only drive people who think wolfs nair is good...

rofa

Smash Journeyman
whats going on with this? is there doubles or not? if so is doubles first? is this definitely happening? need answers

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
whats going on with this? is there doubles or not? if so is doubles first? is this definitely happening? need answers
There may or may not be doubles. If we REALLY want doubles to happen, the singles has to fly by. The more set ups, the better chance. I told him we'd be outta there by four, i'm sure if we hit 5 he won't mind too much.

Singles first, then doubles. Yes, this is happening. It starts at one tomorrow.

BrawlBro, you wanna ride? im pretty sure i can drive but i only drive people who think wolfs nair is good...
actually mark, you wanna drive a group of people? me may need it.
me, you, jcav, dogma, and nrvna would all be going in one car. AK-63 was thinking about going, as was a couple of people from the crew we played with a couple days ago, making a possible 8-9 people from our area going (although $10 says half of em leave out last second)

My gf was thinking about going too.

I'll ask around today, but if it need be, i'd greatly appreciate you driving too. I'll do my best to round up gas money if it happens.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I don't think we'll be done in 3 hours......maybe 5 hours..
yeah no kidding. Well like i said, i'm sure we could convince him to let us stay. Maybe re-take venue fee from whoevers staying

I'm just now realizing, we really don't have any set ups. WE NEED THEM. Jcavs only got one wii and 2 tvs, if dogmas going, thats another wii = 2 set ups.

We need tvs and wiis. Venue fee will be waived (for both tourneys) if you bring a tv or wii.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
alright sweet, thanks guys.

@Mark: So far we have a full car on the mark (lol pun) but no word on anyone from the other crew, so that could change.

if jcav would wake the hell up i could find out

Dopey

Smash Lord
3 - 4 hours for a tourny is gay. that is all.

i need to get good at this game =/

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
two can play the sig game jcav

@Dope - thats the best we could go given the short notice. I'll talk to him while i'm there, see if we can get extended days. if not, theres another place i'm willing to talk to, but it'd be $5 venue at lowest.

We can't run a place all day for $40. That's simply not good business. Common sense.

Not that a lot of venues get wii-business, they never do. But its the view from their eyes that counts

anyways

So we have:

Full setups:
anther
Jcav
BrawlBro
Dogma?

TVS:

Wiis:
Omni
Panda

we really need some TVs. Any takers?