• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More ways to chain grab with King Dedede

JST

Smash Apprentice
Have you tested this on human players? This doesn't look like it would work. But neat find if it IS unescapable.

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
yes i have, my friend helped me test it. it's a little hard to use sometimes so it does take some practice to perfect, but IMO it is worth learning.

CO18

Smash Hero
More gay stuff for DDD to abuse. :laugh:

Nice find.

It seems like it would be escapable though since theyre touching the ground i would think any move that comes out faster than Dedede's grab would break out.

Ill test to make sure.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
This definitely seems like it would be escapable, but it's still a great find.

Also, wasn't someone else working on this with Wolf a while back?

Anyway, great find man.

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
This definitely seems like it would be escapable, but it's still a great find.

Also, wasn't someone else working on this with Wolf a while back?

Anyway, great find man.
im pretty sure that they are unescapable...but by all means test it. Did anyone else find this before?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Did anyone else find this before?
No, I just remember someone asking about a near-infinite on Wolf a while back. I forget what became of it exactly but I believe it was determined escapable somehow. I'm not sure what their method was exactly though, so I can't say anything for sure.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
If they work, then OMG WOOT GREAT FIND and thank you those who tested it! Even if its not a true CG, you can use it ocasionally to trick people and confuse them, and they might not know how to properly escape anyways.

After watching the video, sweet finds! Lol poor Wario, he gets CGed by so many people. But I dont like Wario so woot. And fighting Wolfs are annoying too... I just dont like him much. It seems like it is unescapable.

Adding on to this... since they don't 'fly' so far after dthrow, may be its possible to do an Infinite CG by dashing then pivot grabbing, so you can do that all over the stage... that should be tested too :).

And I dont know of anywhere that stated this CG or suggested it.

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
Adding on to this... since they don't 'fly' so far after dthrow, may be its possible to do an Infinite CG by dashing then pivot grabbing, so you can do that all over the stage... that should be tested too :).

And I dont know of anywhere that stated this CG or suggested it.
I have thought about that before but it just doesn't seem possible.

JST

Smash Apprentice
lol, looks like D3 might have gotten even gayer. But I still doubt that it is unescapable. Looks like Ganny could get out with his jab, but i dunno.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Can't wolf shine out? And shut up ragnarok. Just because its not your character doesnt mean you should celebrate..,.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Can't wolf shine out? And shut up ragnarok. Just because its not your character doesnt mean you should celebrate..,.
How do you know he doesn't main D3? Anyway, yeah it pisses me off ALOT when people say poor ''insert main here'' they make you THINK they care, but in reality they are ROLF LOLING their *****.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
More gay stuff for DDD to abuse. :laugh:

Nice find.

It seems like it would be escapable though since theyre touching the ground i would think any move that comes out faster than Dedede's grab would break out.

Ill test to make sure.
If you saw Ganon hitting the ground in 1/4 speed, he was still recovering from landing lag. It might be teachable, but then again, teching sucks balls in Brawl and it'll still be a chase.

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff.
I fight plenty of Warios in my area so this is quite useful.
Imma try it some to see if any of those characters have a move to break it.

btw you use mah ddd color!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol wow nice it's even easier to kill wario now since you can do more cg's across the stage before release usmash

YiffyBaro

Smash Cadet
Performing it is too risky if you aren't TOTALLY sure you can do it frame perfect. For instance, miss against ganondorf, and he can forward smash your ***. Also, Pdia, way to upload the videos where I kick your *** (sarcasm)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dedede vs Wario was already a bad matchup before this was discovered, and whether it works or not it actually doesn't make the matchup any stronger for Dedede.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It worked very well on Ganondorf when I tried it out yesterday. The timing is somewhat difficult though.

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
It worked very well on Ganondorf when I tried it out yesterday. The timing is somewhat difficult though.
yeah, i'v been working on the timing. its kinda hard but once you get used to it it becomes very do-able.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
I know for a fact I said something about this in a thread quite awhile back, but since SWF threads seem to auto prune or whatever, it's nowhere to be found. I suppose that's alright though, as I didn't come up with how to chaingrab, I used what I learned here to make the thread.

There were some more characters that this happens to, but as I said, it's been some time since I looked into this.

JST

Smash Apprentice
Huh. Apparently, this doesn't actually work on Wario.

Top Bottom