• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
and someone in the background watching will yell" hey look he put a C4 on you... watch out."
and the other person didnt notice until now...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I thought this would bet he best place to ask.

How do you do neutral-B reversals with Snake's Grenades? I think I've had Ken do it to me or I've seen it done but I want to know how to perform it. If I'm not painting a clear picture I'm talking about how Snake can be facing/falling one way, and to quickly face the next he pulls out a Grenade and somehow gets a momentum boost that way too...

For curiosity (SP? shoot my school's computer doesn't have FF) reasons of course, nothing can remedy Homing Attack.

Nic64

Smash Lord
it's mostly just an issue of timing that you need to practice, learn to do B reversals and then learn to do it in the air while moving forward...so if you're in the air moving right you quickly let the stick back to neutral neutral, hit B, and hit left very fast.

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
Input is possible with under →RorL. It develops from there. If it is under A, it is possible with under →RorL→A. By the way on the stand and in only guard possible state possibility. As for guard cancellation stand getting off RorL -> with under (1/3) possibility.

i used an online translator. lets hope it works.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I thought this would bet he best place to ask.

How do you do neutral-B reversals with Snake's Grenades? I think I've had Ken do it to me or I've seen it done but I want to know how to perform it. If I'm not painting a clear picture I'm talking about how Snake can be facing/falling one way, and to quickly face the next he pulls out a Grenade and somehow gets a momentum boost that way too...
Kinzer!! haha to do that you push b to pull the grenade out and then mash the direction towards snake's back and it will bstick the grenade. I love bsticking.

yo how do whats happening in this video? i dont understand the japanese and also japanese characters appear as blocks with 4 numbers in them....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXXIyk_Fb6M&feature=PlayList&p=88638F1FBD3B79D0&index=16
I'm pretty sure that's brawl+... You can see them crouch cancelling before they do the tilts/smashes/etc.

And I had my friend translate the title for me. he knew everything except for a few characters. So here's what he came up with.

"[SSBB][Smash Bros X] 台降り Cancel (+Guard Cancel 台降り) Application Examples"

He said that 台降り is probably a term coined by their smash community, kind of like how no one outside of smash would know what a "wavedash" is. But he knew what the characters meant individually.

He said 台 means stand or some sort of support. And 降り means to fall or descend. So we assumed that 降り (to fall) was referring to what we consider "crouching" and 台 meant into a standing position. So we came up with 台降り to mean standing position from a crouch, or "crouch canceling."

Plus, the evidence in the video also verifies that 台降り is very likely the japanese term for crouch caceling as well. Dang, I was all excited when I first saw that vid :(

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Kinzer!! haha to do that you push b to pull the grenade out and then mash the direction towards snake's back and it will bstick the grenade. I love bsticking.

I'm pretty sure that's brawl+... You can see them crouch cancelling before they do the tilts/smashes/etc.

And I had my friend translate the title for me. he knew everything except for a few characters. So here's what he came up with.

"[SSBB][Smash Bros X] 台降り Cancel (+Guard Cancel 台降り) Application Examples"

He said that 台降り is probably a term coined by their smash community, kind of like how no one outside of smash would know what a "wavedash" is. But he knew what the characters meant individually.

He said 台 means stand or some sort of support. And 降り means to fall or descend. So we assumed that 降り (to fall) was referring to what we consider "crouching" and 台 meant into a standing position. So we came up with 台降り to mean standing position from a crouch, or "crouch canceling."

Plus, the evidence in the video also verifies that 台降り is very likely the japanese term for crouch caceling as well. Dang, I was all excited when I first saw that vid :(
I'm 90% sure Naritake Step is NOT for Brawl + .

Sheik can Naritake Step.

Sheik can crouch.

Naritake Step involves crouching.

Snake can crouch.

Snake may be able to Naritake Step? =p

I'll be doing testing when I get my wii...

mofo_

Smash Ace
how do you do naritake step? does that also mean all people who can crouch[or maybe only crawlers] can do naritake step?

IxxI

Smash Fence
Imagine running, and instantly being able to do utilt.

If Naritake Step can be mastered, theres basically no reason to walk anymore. :laugh:
That would be sweettt.
I don't know how to do it though, if someone can explain this thoroughly I will be happy.

woody72691

Smash Ace
side tilts and up tilts do they help and advice on how to do up tilt without doing up smash, and is there hints on sticking your oppent with a C-4

mofo_

Smash Ace
side tilts and up tilts do they help and advice on how to do up tilt without doing up smash, and is there hints on sticking your oppent with a C-4
yeah they do help, dont tap up or t-stick, uhhh be close to them when C4 sticking or do it as u dorp thru platform...i dont know a lot about c4 sticking

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I really hope that snake can do all that stuff in normal brawl. It showed other characters besides just sheik though. If we can get this down that would be extremely helpful. Definitely worth getting down.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Wait, so does this mean I have to set my C-Stick to Specials to be able to do this or is it just some offset term of B-reversal?

IxxI

Smash Fence
That vid, was posted in the general brawl discussion before, it's something about being able to cancel your falling animation through the platform, with picking up items or jabs and tilts.
I know it's been posted before. TwentyTwo is right, it's only platform restricted. I didn't take the time to learn it when I first saw it, but if it is useful as people say it is i'll try it out.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
This is about the mortar slide. I've been looking, but I can't seem to find any videos of people recording their hand movements. I'm interested to see all the different types, and also I want to picture the timing. Can you do the u-smash immediately after the DA or do have to wait a certain # of frames?

mofo_

Smash Ace
That vid, was posted in the general brawl discussion before, it's something about being able to cancel your falling animation through the platform, with picking up items or jabs and tilts.
its pretty hard to do it , its like snake airdodges to catch the grenade and also lands immediately

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
This is the first time I used the quote/multiquote feature so forgive me if it brings me undesired results... :p

This is about the mortar slide. I've been looking, but I can't seem to find any videos of people recording their hand movements. I'm interested to see all the different types, and also I want to picture the timing. Can you do the u-smash immediately after the DA or do have to wait a certain # of frames?
The mortar slide is a dash attack cancel (DAC) so you won't see the actual dash attack. As soon as you press down on the C-stick, you press up on the analogue stick and Z almost simultaneously. It's a quick input, but you'll get used to it. You should check out the forums for ATs. Don't abuse mortar sliding - it's punishable and walking/ running can be better options.

how should i train with snake?
Play against people and practice ATs in training mode. If you have to play CPUs then don't do lvl 9s.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Is there a dthrow guide anywhere? I really only use Snake against MK and other Marths so if there isn't, and anyone could tell me the best options for their options after a dthrow (ie if you predict a get up attack, roll behind, etc if you should run after, or pivot grab/boost pivot, ftilt, etc) that'd be fine

Also, what exactly is the best way to wavebounce Snakes Down B (Or any Down B really)? And is it worth it as far as the distance you can get from it?

-Ran

Smash Master
Down Throw
Forward Roll ->
-Chase to grab.
-Mortar Slide
-Chase bair/nair. Lawl.
-F Tilt.
Backwards Roll ->
-Chase to grab
-Forward Smash
-F-Tilt.
-Jab to regrab
-F-smash.
Stand and attack ->
-Power Shield + Grab.
-Spot dodge + Grab
-Power Shield + C4
-Power Shield + Tilts.
Does not stand ->
-C4 stick.
-Tilts.
-Wait.

-Ran

Smash Master
how should i train with snake?
After you know how to Mortar Slide, and Boost grab. You need to play against people with Snake. He's a very mind game intensive character that is about learning when and how to punish. Playing against a CPU won't make you that much better than you already are.

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
After you know how to Mortar Slide, and Boost grab. You need to play against people with Snake. He's a very mind game intensive character that is about learning when and how to punish. Playing against a CPU won't make you that much better than you already are.

i already know how to mortar slide
can you explain boost grab and how to do it?

-Ran

Smash Master
- Boosting Technique: Grab Boosting
How to Perform: Initiate a dash attack by pressing the c-stick down, then press Grab during the dash attack's opening frames.
Effect: The added momentum of the cancelled dash attack remains in effect, providing a small boost to the Dash Grab's range.
Pretty amazing once you get used to it.

Boost Grabbing is something I've not used yet. It seems I can never get it work out right for the added boost. When I try a boosted vs a dash grab they seem pretty similar to me.

-Ran

Smash Master
There is a notable difference between a Boost grab, and a dash grab. Snake is able to grab Lucario rolling away with a boost grab, a normal dash grab cannot even come close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom