• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
Otay, so I was playing my friend's MK yesterday and I was tech chasing him with dthrow. He rolled behind me and he didn't spotdodge or attack or anything. As he was standing there for a split second, I tried grabbing him but the grab went right through him. Then later in the match, I tried for another tech chase and he rolled behind me again only this time I tried to ftilt him and I missed the first part of the ftilt then he blocked the second hit and I got punished for it.This isn't the first time this has happened to me and it seems to only happen to me when I play MKs. Again, he doesn't spot dodge nor does he attack me. I just miss the follow ups whenever he rolls behind me. Can anyone explain this phenomena?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Chis- ftilt, utilt or grab.

Morningstar- You shouldn't have any problem regrabbing or ftilting, even if it is MK- he isn't that broken :laugh:. Just get the timing and spacing down and you'll be good.

Misterpimp- you have so many questions. Avoid platforms against marth and you'll do better. CP FD or some other flat stage, and strike BF. The more room you have against marth the better.

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
I feel like MK has a frame or two where he can't be grabbed or hit after his back roll. Of course I don't have anything to support this, and of course I may just be inaccurate with the timing so I'll have to research it and get back to you guys on it because it's costing me damage. >_>

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I've never had a problem with hitting an MK after a back roll. Even if there happened to be a couple frames where he was invincible ( which I doubt) if you just learn the timing for when you can hit him you will be fine.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I think he said you can't ban neutrals in his tourneys.. That's why I said strike it.

And fighting Diddy on FD isn't that bad... I'd much rather fight there than smashville.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I usually take Marth to FD, he loves platforms more than Snake

Question:
I'm thinking of make a new Q&A so I can put an updated FAQ on it in the OP, should I? If so, what goes in the FAQ? if its unnecessary, let me know XD

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
sorry for all the Q's ken

ive been goin to nonstop tournies lately and my next one is mass madness(which is usually 90+ people)

so im gonna need all the help i can get.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I think a new Q&A thread is unnecessary. While an FAQ would be nice, most people completely ignore the OP in Q&A threads lol. But if you want to, then go for it. I guess it depends on what you're going to have in the FAQ.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I two stock our local diddy on FD while he can beat me on smashville. Personal examples aren't the best proof for arguments :laugh:

Look back a page or two for my reasoning on why I like FD better.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I usually take Marth to FD, he loves platforms more than Snake

Question:
I'm thinking of make a new Q&A so I can put an updated FAQ on it in the OP, should I? If so, what goes in the FAQ? if its unnecessary, let me know XD
I asked for someone to do this. :)

1. Who to secondary - (Link to my old secondary thread... aka: Falco or MK or no one)

2. How to DI Snake's nair - we've answered this like 50 times

3. How to beat x matchup - (Link to matchup thread)

4. How to Mortarslide

5. Whats tech-chasing (Link to my thread on grabs)

6. How do I play as Snake? - Camp with 'nades, space with ftilt.

6.5 How to B-stick/Wavebounce

6.6 Who is this SuSa guy and what happened to Havokk?

6.7 Whats an fair?

6.8 Flying snakes? That's ridiculous

6.81 What used do x move have (link to moveset discussion thread)

7. etc =p you get the idea... if you see it a lot, add it to the FAQ. (and if you have TONS of time on your hand, read this thread and put the answers in your FAQ)

Not only will you make a more useful Q&A thread, you may revive some of our older, more useful threads.

napZzz

Smash Hero
ya 4srs who's this SuSa gui.

But as to what my serious question is, what stages should I take ness to?? Theres this local ness who's really hard to fight, and it seems stages are really dependent on who wins, but I'm not sure what to ban or where to go.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I miss havokk. Susa is a nooooob.
:3

Do you guys think that Snake's metagame will continue any longer, or do you think this is it?

And yeah, I think a new Q&A is needed, or we could just have the person who started this edit it.

Tub

Smash Apprentice
@ lxxl, I think snakes metagame still has tons of room for improvement. (he has more combos than any other chars) who else do you know that can f-throw > fully charged d-smash > n-air?
I think it's only a matter of time before reliable 100%+ combos are found...

SuSa

I miss havokk. Susa is a nooooob.
:3

Do you guys think that Snake's metagame will continue any longer, or do you think this is it?

And yeah, I think a new Q&A is needed, or we could just have the person who started this edit it.
The metagame has been the same since Abit_Rusty's guide.... the only thing that has changed is a new use or two for certain things, how efficient we are, and random bits of data (how long c4/mines last, etc.)

His metagames basically been the same for 6-7+ months..... unless something game-breaking is found, nothings going to change.

@ lxxl, I think snakes metagame still has tons of room for improvement. (he has more combos than any other chars) who else do you know that can f-throw > fully charged d-smash > n-air?
I think it's only a matter of time before reliable 100%+ combos are found...
All of his "combos" are DI affected and rely on tech-chased. Very, VERY few of his 'combos' are "true combos" like many other people. Snake's damage output also doesn't rely on combos. 2 ftilts and an nair, and a grenade or two puts most of the cast into kill %'s....

The only thing Snake needs is more effective people playing him. Many players just overuse his "safe" things that are effective, but nothing beyond that.

The reason Ally is 'god' is because he's just so god**** effective.

Tub

Smash Apprentice
which is exactly my point.
snake has so much room for improvment, because so little of what he can do is thoroughly utilised, if it were, and actual combos were discovered, snakes metagame would improve drastically.

SuSa

His metagame is perfect.

People just don't use it to its entirety and focus on one thing or two. The reason my old Snake was horrible. I focused too much on Snake's awesome ground game, but nothing on his edgeguarding game, his grab game, his aerial game, or his camping game tbh.

I was a semi-tilt *****, who occasionally grabbed, and read his opponents to land fsmash pretty often, and spammed grenades pretty mindlessly.

Now I often forget tilts exist (except ftilt for spacing and utilt when I need a kill), I utilize my uthrow tech chase against fast fallers and heavyweights when I can, (0-16%), then start dthrows.

I only fthrow/bthrow if I have a setup.

I'm deadly once I can read my opponent, so ANYTHING thats a habit of yours will eventually start to get punished EVERY time I can. Any predictable opponent gets annihilated by my Snake. I once read my opponent so well I got a FCFS (fully charged forward smash) twice in a row.

I place c4/mines 10-15 seconds in advanced when I can.

My timing for cooking grenades has vastly improved.

I finally became efficient in my playstyle. I don't just know Snake's most efficient playstyle, I use it.

And I recently learned about Grenade Grabbing; something I recommend everyone hear about (thanks Afro) so now my grab game AND grenade game just got a little more efficient.

I need to get some recent vids of my Snake up. :( (I've already improved since my last tourney....)

SuSa

When I go to my friend Mitchel's, I'll be sure to record it (he saved the replay for me)

I can still improve with my grenades and not getting ***** by Marth's (or getting juggled in general). =p since I didn't list my major flaws.

I get 0-death juggled by most Marth's. It's really pathetic. xD I just can't think to b-reverse, or if I do. I'm to predictable.

1 uthrow and I'm basically a goner unless the Marth messes up.

MK is similiar, but to a lesser extent (once I'm in the air or off stage, I'm done for)

So thats why I have a secondary. XD

Tub

Smash Apprentice
back to the Q's... none of the snake testers have done anything yet, i'm at a loss, what can we do to get some testing done?

SuSa

Look at my metagame thread, test anything thats untested, fully answer the partially answered things.

Preferably the latter.

Also I was thinking of requesting the testers to take on a second job, like my Link BBRoom but for Snake. People who specialize in managing threads and making sure the important threads are run smoothly and don't die basically..... considering most of our more needed threads (moveset discussion, the secondary discussion I made) die out.

Tub

Smash Apprentice
that all sounds good, however, the snake testers never seem to want to do anything... I either need to motivate them, or find new testers.

Just an observation. HOw many threads have been locked recently? I just looked out over the board and there are 13 locked threads. Are we being invaded xD

SuSa

It's because of me mostly, and a few others reporting necroposts and spam instead of me.

The boards are going downhill because our better threads are all dead. (I used to keep them alive =p)

Hence my idea for the testers.

But no one seems to want to do anything, and I don't have the time currently with everything in my life. (Although I'm looking to moderate the Snake boards so I don't have to find someone who can everytime I need something done <_< )

It's because of me mostly, and a few others reporting necroposts and spam instead of me.

The boards are going downhill because our better threads are all dead. (I used to keep them alive =p)

Hence my idea for the testers.

But no one seems to want to do anything, and I don't have the time currently with everything in my life. (Although I'm looking to moderate the Snake boards so I don't have to find someone who can everytime I need something done <_< )
A worthy goal to MOD all by yourself xD

What would it require to help test out some things that need testing? I've a ton of time on my hands and actually enjoy testing anything I can. Although, I always thought I didn't have the required things to test things properly.

SuSa

A worthy goal to MOD all by yourself xD

What would it require to help test out some things that need testing? I've a ton of time on my hands and actually enjoy testing anything I can. Although, I always thought I didn't have the required things to test things properly.
1. A wii
2. A copy of Brawl
3. A brain
4. An ability to think outside of the box to test things in a way that others may not think of
5. The ability to find my Metagame thread
6. The ability to read
7. The ability to find information.
8. The ability to explain that information in an understandable manner to the majority of English speaking people.
9. The ability to organize said information as to make it as clear as possible.

1. A wii
2. A copy of Brawl
3. A brain
4. An ability to think outside of the box to test things in a way that others may not think of
5. The ability to find my Metagame thread
6. The ability to read
7. The ability to find information.
8. The ability to explain that information in an understandable manner to the majority of English speaking people.
9. The ability to organize said information as to make it as clear as possible.
I'll get to work by tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom