• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I can haz speaks engrish good!

HERECY! If i can comfortably beat me bro's falco with dorfm he should be able to beat IC's. And who in Australia even knows the IC's infinites? If they did they would be instantly the best player in Aus, no contest. Seriously if u guys want to win, spend like 5 hours learning the infinite and u'll be able to 3 stock amaterasu, shaya, anyone even me!!111!1 lolzomg i r not arrogant
As vermy said, you being able to beat your bro with dorf isnt saying much, since you know his play style. And there are some things even the dorf cant do. It's a 95-5 matchup for a reason.

And knowing the ics cgs arent gonna win you any tourneys if you cant back it up with anything else. Playings like chris, attila and tibs arent gonna let you grab them so easily. Especially snake. XD

Ant1

Smash Ace
And i thought i was extremely arrogant, u melbournians show me i still have a long, long way to go. I think u should let Ugly speak for himself.

Yeah Condog, im trying to contest that matchup, as i don't think it's that heavily favoured to falco. Falco's lasers can only hold back dorf for so long, he eventually catches up. It's dependant somewhat on the stage i think.
And about IC's chaingrab. It's extremely difficult to not get grabbed, 1 slip up and u lose a stock, and no one in australia is good enough as say Ally, who can avoid their grab.

IC's should definitely be s tier, i guess a 0-death chaingrab on every character except IC's isn't enough these days.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
And i thought i was extremely arrogant, u melbournians show me i still have a long, long way to go.

Yeah Condog, im trying to contest that matchup, as i don't think it's that heavily favoured to falco. Falco's lasers can only hold back dorf for so long, he eventually catches up. It's dependant somewhat on the stage i think.
And about IC's chaingrab. It's extremely difficult to not get grabbed, 1 slip up and u lose a stock, and no one in australia is good enough as say Ally, who can avoid their grab.

IC's should definitely be s tier, i guess a 0-death chaingrab on every character except IC's isn't enough these days.
I was talking about the ic: ganon matchup.

Okay, granted it is near impossible to not geta grabbed during an entire match, let alone a set. However, i think you have a misconception about the cgs. They are not easy to do. Even lain, who is the best ics player in the world, doesnt get his 0-death everytime.

And a 0-death is not in and of itself enough to warrant a ban, not considering how hard it is. I mean seriously, if it was easy to do, and that was all it took to win with, why are ics dominating tourneys, and destroying every character they come up against?

Ant1

Smash Ace
And a 0-death is not in and of itself enough to warrant a ban, not considering how hard it is. I mean seriously, if it was easy to do, and that was all it took to win with, why are ics dominating tourneys, and destroying every character they come up against?
First of all the IC's aren't exactly the 'coolest' character in brawl, MK and snake are infintely cooler than the IC's. But practice a bit everyday and u should be able to perfect it in a few weeks. The thing is, not everyone wants to play the game as gay as possible. They want to have a thing called fun while playing. IC's infinite is sort of game-breaking, using it takes all the fun out of the game, and it's not exactly the best way to try and make new friends with people, it will only make them hate u.
It's like camping with falco's lasers for an entire game or planking with MK, it can win but how many people do it? I could say vs tibs and aerial plank with MK for 7 minutes, i would win, but i don't want to be a complete *******. I heard when plank actually did that the guy he vrsed playing diddy stormed out of the room

Dekar289

Smash Hero
ugly is far too modest
but he would stomp you and your state in brawl, anytime anywherez. srs

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty sure Cobalts brother is the best Gannondorf ever, he consistently 3 stocks all of Cobalts characters with it

Vermy

Smash Champion
Ugly would speak for himself, but his post count of say 25 and the fact that he's had his account for 2 years is a sign that he doesn't really talk much on smashboards.

So instead we tell legends of his Dorf. And these legends spread fear. And that fear festers.

AND YOU ALL SHALL KNOW THE WRATH OF ASSAULT!!

smopup

Smash Journeyman
But practice a bit everyday and u should be able to perfect it in a few weeks. The thing is, not everyone wants to play the game as gay as possible.
Or maybe people just get turned off by the steep learning curve involved with learning the Ice Climbers? Getting the chain grabs right with the Ice Climbers is only one part of learning them, and in my opinion, getting the basics right is more important than perfecting the grabs. Getting grabbed may seem hard to avoid, but it certainly isn't impossible. If an Ice Climbers player perfects the grabs, but ignores other important aspects, then they would have a very hard time winning against people who are excellent at avoiding grabs and eliminating Nana. As far as I know, the grab range for the Ice Climbers is tiny, so to say they should be in S tier simply because of their chain grabbing abilities is a bit ridiculous. The tier list is supposed to outline the potential of the characters at the highest level of play, and at that level, getting grabbed is something that shouldn't happen very often.

That said, after watching Lain against Mew2King at Apex, I realised how good the Ice Climbers were without their grabs, and how important it is to not focus on the grab aspect of their game too much.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
pretty sure planking is banned. and even if it isnt, it wont work on nanas and peanuts, ant. or nades for that matter.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
omfg that seriously took over an hour and a half to read.
*** you guys...srsly.

I'll be there tomorrow at 5pm when I finish work or I might just leave early and meet the day-goers.

(I know it's way late but I love it how that enormous debate about Melee and Brawl happened exactly after my last post which said "take it to another thread")

Oh and on the day of the next STIGMA-B I will be holding a vote for which bonus tourney will be held, and seeing as though it's the half-way mark for this year (5/10 tourneys) it will be held before Doubles...hoping to make people turn up earlier...

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Maybe just a decision of Low Tier or items (the way Cao did it, was great)

Will 4-man crews be worth it for those who are NOT part of Dekar's crew?

Honestly it will be like beating a bunch of amputees in a running race, no competition whatsoever imo.

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
Maybe just a decision of Low Tier or items (the way Cao did it, was great)

Will 4-man crews be worth it for those who are NOT part of Dekar's crew?

Honestly it will be like beating a bunch of amputees in a running race, no competition whatsoever imo.
Is that a challange is it?

People tremble in fear at the Sight of ASSAULT. Whenever their name is ever so slightly whispered is sends shattering earthquakes through the ground, destroying any hope with it.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
combined the 3 imo, low tier items crews. who could not enjoy that?
yes snsd is op, 2b imo lool
anyways, no matter how you do it, you'll be squeezed for time ey

earl nicks jei ugly <- ultimate counter crew

Dekar289

Smash Hero
don't forget items.
snsd can summon items at will.
gg

A.S.S.A.U.L.T.
a stupid sad amateur ugly loser team

burned

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Go a team of Sonics and pick SmashBall as one of the items. haha

EDIT: Condog, ill be able to make it earlier to meet you guys in there. what time?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
too many brawlers, not enough items
have everyone vote and the top 10 are enabled?

low wasn't enough for melee, assuming item rates are similar imo put it on HIGH >:)

C~Dog

Smash Champion
uhmm.... CONOR what time is everyone meeting at flinders again? xDD

I think it was anytime around 12ish to 2ish
Yeha i finish early, so if anyone wants to meet at like 12, thats cool. If you cant make that, then were coming back to meet khoa and trex at 2-3. So you have two opportunities to get in on super fun times everyone!!!

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
I kinda like the idea of mixing them all up into one. Wouldnt be as competitive. after playing a whole day of competitive brawl its good to just have a few fun matches with Low Tier Crews with some items on or something XD.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I got 87/88 out of 90 for my Physics midyear. Yes I know that was random but I must express my frustration through the few marks I lost! Are my chances of getting a 50 in Physics gone? It was the easiest exam they've ever had for Physics.

Snake has nades
Falco has lasers
[/smash related]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom