• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nudge Combo: guide and video inside

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
Thanks to ToKneeOrNotToKnee for testing with me, and helping to prove that this is inescapable

Note that this works on every character, but the set ups don't. Also note that the d-air is a set-up, and not part of the combo.

Seems like this is going to be very helpful for Falcon against some heavies. Although I've only come across one method of setting it up, I'm sure there are more waiting to be found.

VIDEO: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8ve-4k25LhQ

Quite simple, but took me a while to get used to. The set up I have is simply D-throw > Flub'd knee, and is ESCAPABLE. Of course you could simply fly at them with a knee, but I find this way easier to pull off.

So the combo goes Setup(in this case, D-throw) > Flub'd knee > F-tilt > whatever.

So far the best in each area I have are:
Setup > Flub'd Knee > F-tilt > Jab (simplest)
Setup > Flub'd Knee > F-tilt > SH AC N-air > Jab (most damage)
Setup > Flub'd Knee > F-tilt > SH Sweet Knee > Hyphen U-smash (most damage dealing, although the sweet knee can be tech'd, and thus it is escapable)
Setup > Flub'd Knee > F-tilt > D-air > Knee (best killer)

All have been tested on a Ganondorf, I have yet to test them on other heavies. The biggest obstacle to overcome is the setup, so please, ANY suggestions are VERY welcome.

INFO:

Set-ups

The d-throw set-up
Simply a D-throw to the flub'd knee. This so far is the only effective way of starting the combo, although it does require the opponent to hit the platform without doing anything. It is effective on:
Ganondorf
Bowser
DK
Link
King Dedede
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Captain Falcon
Charizard
Ivysaur
Snake

Video: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lJLI175USP0

The U-air platform method
At low percents, SH U-air an opponent standing on a platform then just go for the flub'd knee. I'm not sure if this is inescapable, but it doesn't look like it. This is effective on anyone, but particularly those with medium falling speeds.

Video:

Player-3

Smash Hero
i could see this being used on an ike at the edge to send him down to an edgehog... but other than that ..

plus they could just roll away from anything following the ftilt

Face124

Smash Ace
i could see this being used on an ike at the edge to send him down to an edgehog... but other than that ..

plus they could just roll away from anything following the ftilt
No. according to the big thread on the Ganondorf tiperman combo, after a jab lock the victim will, no matter what, stand directly upwards.

And the fact that its a great damage builder :ohwell:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
This has potential.
But testing on a human player is still needed to make sure this works 100% of the time.
As it stands now, it is really awesome though.

Player-3

Smash Hero
No. according to the big thread on the Ganondorf tiperman combo, after a jab lock the victim will, no matter what, stand directly upwards.

And the fact that its a great damage builder :ohwell:
oh i didnt know that sorry

Good job man =D

EDIT:
Just thought of this, after the ftilt could you possibly predict a Falcon Kick?

IF so....
1- Space perfectly
2- Nudge combo
3- Falcon kick ledge cancel
4- ????
5- PROFIT!

Zeallyx

oh i didnt know that sorry

Good job man =D

EDIT:
Just thought of this, after the ftilt could you possibly predict a Falcon Kick?

IF so....
1- Space perfectly
2- Nudge combo
3- Falcon kick ledge combo
4- ????
5- PROFIT!
I like the way you think

Zeallyx

<3

But youd have to have PERFECT spacing... but a falcon kick would be good punishment anyways

maybe an up b/side b after?

or a fsmash/dsmash/utilt/dtilt

pretty much anything lol
nah, as they have to stand up normally this way, one can just falcon kick them when they get up, and even space it. (one needs to memorise the placings for the falcon kick>ledge cancel, with and without hitting your opponent. At least, I am working on doing this)

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
If the gannondorf mashed the sheild button or A button, they could get out. He fell on his back didnt he? its very easy to escape a D-throw and not fall.
It's not a combo. You cant even call it a chain.

Zeallyx

If the gannondorf mashed the sheild button or A button, they could get out. He fell on his back didnt he? its very easy to escape a D-throw and not fall.
the combo starts after he falls on his back
it's like a very small lock kind of thing

this is a way of punishing an opponent who doesn't tech

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
the combo starts after he falls on his back
it's like a very small lock kind of thing
oh so its a 2 hit combo? I guess it will work. I need more testing on my d4 cancel combo.
Its a 4 hit combo (all 4 start with D) with jiggs, and it has a high chance of working:
-D-air drill
-Double jab
-D-tilt
-Dacus

the D-tilt dacus works, but im not shure its a combo.

Player-3

Smash Hero
the d throw is just one way to set it up, the combo is flubbed knee > ftilt > follow up

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Try this..

Dthrow -> SH AC Uair during their bounce (causes forced rise up) -> Falcon punch
(They wake up in the hitbox)

Rapzz

Smash Rookie
Try, down throw > flubbed knee > jab > jab cancel > grab > down throw > to something.

legion598

Smash Ace
um okay so this has to be a missed tech like in a jab lock, it cant just be a grounded flubb knee right? cuz if thats the case wouldnt a down air on an aireal opponent be a better set up because its really easy to tech a down throw

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Yeah it's pretty much requiring an opponent to not tech when they hit the ground. DThrow will be airdodged, 2nd jumped, or teched 99.9% of the time. DAir is the obvious answer IF there's enough time to get a flub knee out. Also more likely to work than DThrow is DTilt or Dash Attack to opponent landing on a platform (and then you full hop your flub knee). Maybe DThrow to platform too. Not sure when they bounce compared to when you can move (obviously this is %-dependent).

You should also be able to get better follow-ups. Did you try Falcon Punch (seriously), and also I would expect DAir to Knee to work.

Face124

Smash Ace
Please, read the first OP before posting, I say in it that the D-throw is a set-up, and not part of the combo. Yes, maybe the Ganondorf could mash shield, but if the Falcon did it properly, it wouldn't work.

I've not tested Falcon punch as of yet, although I doubt it will be inescapable. D-air to Knee was exactly what I was thinking too, but I've yet to test. Keep watching this thread because I'm gonna be getting lots of new videos and things within the next hour.

The thing about the D-air set-up is that if you do a knee, you get landing lag on the ground and can't follow up, so I don't think we should use that method.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Basically what you're doing is using the flubb knee to lead into a jab lock. I'm not sure why you're doing an f-tilt or anything other than the one-two jab over and over again to keep them bouncing.

Besides, at the end you can end it with a charged smash or maybe a falcon punch.

So really the only thing novel about this thread is using the flubb knee to keep them bouncing to get into a jab lock.

Also d-throw would never work ever ever ever in a real match, even if your opponent is terrible.

Face124

Smash Ace
Basically what you're doing is using the flubb knee to lead into a jab lock. I'm not sure why you're doing an f-tilt or anything other than the one-two jab over and over again to keep them bouncing.

Besides, at the end you can end it with a charged smash or maybe a falcon punch.

So really the only thing novel about this thread is using the flubb knee to keep them bouncing to get into a jab lock.

Also d-throw would never work ever ever ever in a real match, even if your opponent is terrible.
Falcon doesn't have a jab lock. A second f-tilt can be escaped. And no, we're also discussing alternate endings and other set-ups. The idea of a charged f-smash is in the video, and FP is escapable.

Zeallyx

face, you should edit into the OP that this is a great way to punish missed techs.
People are focusing too much on what doesn't matter (the Dthrow.)

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
yeah, I do jab resets to like Fsmash. a good way to set up for these are to use platforms

ie. on battlefield Uthrow to the top platform sets up well, or Dthrow on the lower platforms.

but I did not know the flubbed knee set's it up? good ****

Zeallyx

Can't you D throw>flubbed knee> D throwetc?
maybe, but incase you think this could result in a CG, you should know the Dthrow>flub knee is not a combo.

I'm not saying you don't know this, but I tell you just incase:)

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Dthrow > Flub'd Knee > F-tilt > SH AC N-air > Jab (most damage)
That is the longest combo I've ever seen for Captain Falcon. O.O wow.

Should tack on a jab lock for extra hits; Dthrow > Flub'd Knee > F-tilt > SH AC N-air > Jab > Jab lock. *stands back and observes* Isn't it beautiful?

Player-3

Smash Hero
You never explained how this is a set-up.
the COMBO is Flub'd knee > ftilt > moves you feel best using

the dthrow is just a way to SET UP for the FLUB'D KNEE, making it easier to land one, and therefore this combo moar praktikal

get it?

Zeallyx

the COMBO is Flub'd knee > ftilt > moves you feel best using

the dthrow is just a way to SET UP for the FLUB'D KNEE, making it easier to land one, and therefore this combo moar praktikal

get it?
The bolded is incorrect.
The Dthrow, sets up for this combo by getting the opponents laying on the ground (making the combo possible)

Top Bottom