• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nudge Combo: guide and video inside

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
K I got a set-up, it may very well be a combo on battlefield.

credits to Pyrnknight for inspiration for the battlefield lazer-lock combo he did on Jaime

asume your in the middleish part of battlefield

Fthrow -> hyphen Usmash -> opponent lands on small platform -> AC knee flubbed -> FF Nair (the first kick also locks) ->potentially more Nair's to set-up a lock, or finish with a knee

Basically all your doing is locking them on the first platform.......since Nair is Fast as hell I think we can actually jab-lock people!! if not I know it reset's so we can AC a knee in their reset...........more testing is needed though

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
@ Ayaz
Locking on the platform as in keeping them in one spot the whole time? That would be much easier then. Good set up.

btw How is it that CF is above Fox on the character rankings list today? I'm in awe. O.O

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
@ Ayaz
Locking on the platform as in keeping them in one spot the whole time? That would be much easier then. Good set up.

btw How is it that CF is above Fox on the character rankings list today? I'm in awe. O.O
yeah locking them on the platform, i'm going to test it and if it works were in luck cause Battlefield just got a lot better for Falcon

Pyrn did zero sound lazer-> Usmash -> SHDL.......

it locked me then when I fell off he just tech chased me with Fsmash, I'm thinking Falcon can do the same

Wogrim

Smash Lord

credits to Pyrnknight for inspiration for the battlefield lazer-lock combo he did on Jaime

Fthrow -> hyphen Usmash -> opponent lands on small platform -> AC knee flubbed -> FF Nair (the first kick also locks) ->potentially more Nair's to set-up a lock, or finish with a knee

Basically all your doing is locking them on the first platform.......since Nair is Fast as hell I think we can actually jab-lock people!! if not I know it reset's so we can AC a knee in their reset...........more testing is needed though
I doubt you could NAir lock them because of the time you have to be in the air during a SH, but I'd recommend trying AC NAir -> Falling NAir (so you get 2 of the NAir's first hit in a hop, not sure if NAir is actually fast enough because I don't use is autocancelled much) or, since you're on a platform, fall through and 2nd jump back up and use your NAir (not sure how this compares to a regular SH but worth a try).

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
I really do hate to be that proverbial stick in the mud, but it seems in a grand fashion, quite moot to say that a combo is inescapable. A number of factors lend to the logic that if it is indeed a combo, then it was executed in such a way that a player has preformed said combo (operative word) upon/against the opponent so as to prevent them from retaliating until the move or moves you are enacting finish, or are deliberately halted.

That said, one could go further to acknowledge that no combo is truly inescapable because that combo must first be executed- in that a match does not start in favor of either player. This is of course by way of in game parameter, impossible. Simply put, there is no logic to this. I really think that there should be more call for logistically probable and non-extraneous strategies. Clutter is a frequent mire on these boards, consolidation and unity of our knowledge needs to occur or stagnation will ensue, or as is apparent lately, continue. We can change it.

Combo? Certainly. Over-think and observe coincidental frames of helpless flop? We can do better. A wheel works even if you don't know its called a wheel.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
I really do hate to be that proverbial stick in the mud, but it seems in a grand fashion, quite moot to say that a combo is inescapable. A number of factors lend to the logic that if it is indeed a combo, then it was executed in such a way that a player has preformed said combo (operative word) upon/against the opponent so as to prevent them from retaliating until the move or moves you are enacting finish, or are deliberately halted.

That said, one could go further to acknowledge that no combo is truly inescapable because that combo must first be executed- in that a match does not start in favor of either player. This is of course by way of in game parameter, impossible. Simply put, there is no logic to this. I really think that there should be more call for logistically probable and non-extraneous strategies. Clutter is a frequent mire on these boards, consolidation and unity of our knowledge needs to occur or stagnation will ensue, or as is apparent lately, continue. We can change it.

Combo? Certainly. Over-think and observe coincidental frames of helpless flop? We can do better. A wheel works even if you don't know its called a wheel.

Please, demonstrate in which ways we can do better. Stating this combo for what it appears is of no use, since all that matters is damage, effectiveness and knockback. Over-think? Please tell us how this is over-thinking. Where is the limit to how much you can think before it becomes "over-thinking". We're simply trying to make this "helpless flop" a better combo by finding better set-ups and finishes.

Actually, combos are truly inescapable, because the combo is the moves that together are impossible to escape, not the events leading up to it. Maybe you are very well spoken, but stupid arguments are stupid arguments.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
Please, demonstrate in which ways we can do better. Stating this combo for what it appears is of no use, since all that matters is damage, effectiveness and knockback. Over-think? Please tell us how this is over-thinking. Where is the limit to how much you can think before it becomes "over-thinking". We're simply trying to make this "helpless flop" a better combo by finding better set-ups and finishes.

Actually, combos are truly inescapable, because the combo is the moves that together are impossible to escape, not the events leading up to it. Maybe you are very well spoken, but stupid arguments are stupid arguments.
At what point have I said that anything Falcon does is of no use? I've said nothing like that. Also, rethink your response, and carefully read previous posts; all combos are inescapable (as I may have failed to articulate simply enough) because a combo must first occur, and in the interim before that happens (i.e. avoiding laserlocks, infinites, chaingrabs) a player can evade said combo and retaliate.
An inordinate victory within some forum, is less important than the subject matter of the posts therein. Please read more carefully, I chose my words with poise and respect for you and the others here. I hope you can do the same.

And of the consolidation i'm speaking of, I am making reference to a sentiment that was expressed in a thread some time back, Someone should be elected to collect all of the information here and compile it into a singular document, or thread. Leaving aside specific areas for experimentation and speculative endeavor. I play brawl professionally, and seek an equally professional acquisition of my advanced play strategies and techniques. We will all benefit from this, if we apply ourselves. This is all simply a question of Focus.

Irregardless, I was at a tourney yesterday in Houston, had plenty of friendlies with plenty of characters used by Texas' best, and used only falcon. I dthrow alot, and occasionally do the low percent falcon fthrow chaingrab and do set up to knees. Flubbed or not, all those set ups -even against heavies can be DI'd and at the very least, teched. These combos are sweet, and definitely useful, but really only work on lazy players. One day we will discover his secret ability to meteor KO with uptaunt or something, till then, just ACDair Knee.

nasir123

Smash Ace
I doubt you could NAir lock them because of the time you have to be in the air during a SH, but I'd recommend trying AC NAir -> Falling NAir (so you get 2 of the NAir's first hit in a hop, not sure if NAir is actually fast enough because I don't use is autocancelled much) or, since you're on a platform, fall through and 2nd jump back up and use your NAir (not sure how this compares to a regular SH but worth a try).
well you just need the first kick to hit him, then you need to FF your Nair so the second kick doesn't hit, and regardless if this is an actual lock, this still allows for a reset which allows for a free hit

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust

Dude listen Hiza's right. And no combo is inescapable. There is no hit stun in brawl, and it is possible to airdodge, tech, etc. every combo. that is especially true for this combo. I play Hiza a lot, and he's honestly an amazing falcon, he competes in big name tournaments, has fought against players such as Sethlon, Hylian, Espy, Mr. 3000, Roy_R, FlipHop and plays me almost every day. after that downthrow you have the opponent just chilling in the air for so long that if a player gets this comboed onto them I would say that honestly that player needs more practice.Hiza telling you this is not going to work outside of friendlies if at all is not stupid. aside from the only way to connect that flubbed knee, having an opponent in the air for that long and expecting to combo is not too bright an idea. if you guys want a simple combo that has been done in tournaments and always surprises the opponent try Hiza's jab cancel>falcon dive.

I'm not going to argue this, if you wish to make a point just PM me because this is not my laptop and i'm having it stolen from me. I am glad that the falcons are trying to find setups and make him better but this just doesn't work. if you think I'm wrong, go to a non gamecrazy tournament with well known players. I think alot of you are only semi-serious. no "there aren't many tournaments around here" johns.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion

this is the original idea for the combo, it has a high chance of working but I havn't tested it yet lol I such a highbag

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Dude listen Hiza's right. And no combo is inescapable. There is no hit stun in brawl, and it is possible to airdodge, tech, etc. every combo. that is especially true for this combo. I play Hiza a lot, and he's honestly an amazing falcon, he competes in big name tournaments, has fought against players such as Sethlon, Hylian, Espy, Mr. 3000, Roy_R, FlipHop and plays me almost every day. after that downthrow you have the opponent just chilling in the air for so long that if a player gets this comboed onto them I would say that honestly that player needs more practice.Hiza telling you this is not going to work outside of friendlies if at all is not stupid. aside from the only way to connect that flubbed knee, having an opponent in the air for that long and expecting to combo is not too bright an idea. if you guys want a simple combo that has been done in tournaments and always surprises the opponent try Hiza's jab cancel>falcon dive.

I'm not going to argue this, if you wish to make a point just PM me because this is not my laptop and i'm having it stolen from me. I am glad that the falcons are trying to find setups and make him better but this just doesn't work. if you think I'm wrong, go to a non gamecrazy tournament with well known players. I think alot of you are only semi-serious. no "there aren't many tournaments around here" johns.
alright, stop it right there mate.
Hiza is who he is, I'm not argueing that, but please first read the OP, or the thread before starting this discussion. The Dthrow is NOT part of the combo, it is a setup for the actual combo.

The combo works..very well..you just need to use this as a missed tech punish, that is the only 'negative' thing about this combo. No airdodges apply to this combo, as it takes place on the ground.

We are now on the subject of finding new/better setups for this, as it, indeed, works.

and I'm sorry, but jab cancel>falcon dive isn't a combo, jab cancel>falcon dive only works if you catch your opponent offguard, wich is the same with the setup for the nudge combo.

Top Bottom