• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A King's Quest For Respect: The Bowser Matchup Thread

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
just becaus ehe's unpopular doesnt mean we cant or shouldnt update this, hell, it could make him more popular if someone happens to browse here and see all new info, etc
Did you completely miss the convo where I just said that, and all I got was 'lol this place is dead'.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I never said I wasn't going to update this. I said a long time ago that even though the ratios are just silly numbers, it makes things seem nicer once we get those done first. Matchup specifics come after.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I never said I wasn't going to update this. I said a long time ago that even though the ratios are just silly numbers, it makes things seem nicer once we get those done first. Matchup specifics come after.
Couldn't you do them simultaneously? I think it looks better and is more useful fi the summaries are actually updated.

This really needs to get more activity.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
I think all of you "revolutionizers" are missing a key element here: people don't generally browse for characters. If they hav a character when they join, they go to those boards. If not, they quickly realize there is a tier list and flock to metaknight.

Either way, Bowser is tough to enjoy before joining smashboards since it takes a relatively skilled person to do well: so he has that working against him. Add in the fact that he is so low on the tier list that any reasonable person would ignore him completely if they were trying to find a viable main.

Having a pretty MU thread is not going to make people main bowser. Having a MU thread that says we have a 70-30 matchup on snake and falco would. But that's about it.

Edit: @ Falconv1.0

I agree with MrEh regarding you :/

B!squick

Smash Master
Lol, we should do that. Say the Snake match up is 70-30 in our favor and be completely serious about it giving long and detailed explanations as to why and see how long we can get away with it. XD

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Grats on being one of the most near completion board as per match-up discussion. If you all keep this up, you'll have everyone covered! Please do keep going, I'm making a general board for everyone to view with all the match-ups from every board. Good luck to you all

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Lol, we should do that. Say the Snake match up is 70-30 in our favor and be completely serious about it giving long and detailed explanations as to why and see how long we can get away with it. XD
I support this ridiculous idea. Hm, let's see...

Snake is 70-30 Bowser because Bowser is too good. Bowser can grab release CG him to the edge, then grab release and sideB to cypher grab Snake. Even if that doesn't work, the grab release CG will let Bowser get lots of free damage. Bowser Bomb goes straight through mortars and dickspeed (Chad, is it two words or one word) beats out his Utilt if you're going to land on him. Fsmash ***** Snake as he's landing from the air and fire beats nades. Bowser wall (full hop double Fair) is great for keeping Snake off the stage.

Also, Bthrow off the stage > SH Uair (go off the stage) > double jump UpB works against Snake at 0% because he'll never expect it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ufus-DzS4k (3:16 - Proof of concept)

Plus Bowser has the weight to stay on par with Snake, so Bowser can survive for a bit longer than most.

Go Bowser, lol.

B!squick

Smash Master
Summaries are for when we're done, how-to-beat's can be asked about here or in the Q&A thread.

... Wait, we're still on Sonic? I could'a swore we'd moved on to someone else....

Riddle

Smash Lord
Summaries are for when we're done, how-to-beat's can be asked about here or in the Q&A thread.

... Wait, we're still on Sonic? I could'a swore we'd moved on to someone else....
Why do summaries have to wait til the end? The bowser boards would look a whole lot more inviting if we had summaries up.

B!squick

Smash Master
So do I. I grinned when my friend got upset and picked Meta Knight when I have happened to be playing Bowser. It was a FFA, but he got 0 kills to my 5 or 6. XD

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
How is it **** Vex? O.o Is that what beat you at Genesis?
I lost to Dojo and Atomsk at genesis, no if mk gets the first hit and camps the rest of the match, bowser has almost no options. semi aggressive mk's like mew2king I can take to last stock with bowser, mk's like teh spammerer have 3 stocked me in the past.

:083:

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, okay, OTHER than being a douche and doing that... doesn't Firebreath have any effect? What about a well timed Bowser Bomb? Gonna lose anyway, right?

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
so what character are you guys on?? because i want to help, even tho i dont play Bowser to much i was looking to start.

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, we've been on Sonic for about a month now... >.>

MrEh, if you're still alive, pick a number so we can move on. The above poster cares and you owe it to him at least to start this thing up again.

Flayl

Smash Hero
In my opinion: Ike, Lucas, Mario, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Link and Ganondorf. He also goes even'ish with a bunch of people.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
What about Baouzer's ''Ground Grab Release -> Regrab'' on MK?
Doesn't it garantee a KO, IF you succeed in grabbing a pro MK?

MrEh

Smash Hero
If you see the opportunity to regrab then, then go for it. Otherwise, I would just do the standard jump release chaingrab to Fair.

It's total fail at killing, since a Fair won't kill MK until like 135% with good DI, but it's free damage.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Are we really still discussing Sonic? Because it doesn't seem like it. I have no experience with this matchup (No amazing Sonic's on the EU scene apparently) so i cannot help unfortunately :(

I also find it very discouraging that every matchup we've done so far has been even or negative. I thought we'd at least have had a minor advantage against Lucas, Ness and Mario :/

Low Rider1717

Smash Cadet
honestly i thought we had an advantage on Lucas too
what with the grab release to Boozer bomb :3
but eh thats why im nawt an expert
but yeah I think the match-up is 50-50
With proper spacing a sonic wouldn't really be able to approach Bowser well
OoS spin is broken here :3

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
It seems like more matchups are in favor of Bowser when I look at videos of them and compare him to the character he's facing, but when I saw those updates of the matchups...I was shocked lol. Most of them are either even or in the other character's favor :(.

Top Bottom