• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Gaming's first SSB Tournament - Feb. 28 Melee and Brawl Kissimmee, FL

vericz

Smash Champion
Some of you know about the halo 3 tourney that I hosted back on dec 13 and the turnout was great. We had about 100 people there and even some pros showed up. Check out the pics at the myspace Myspace.com/FloridaGaming

After this successful halo tourney I now want to throw in Melee and Brawl. We will be getting a venue a little more than twice the size of the one in the pics and the events will be halo 3, Gears 2, and Melee and Brawl. Heres the info

Where:
Ramada Orlando Resort and Convention Center
6375 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway
Kissimmee, FL 34747

(407)-390-5800

When:
February 28, 2009

Doors open at 9am and registration will continue until the start of the first event.

There is a manditory $10 Door fee and each event will cost $10 per person to enter
Melee and Brawl doubles - $10 per Player ($20 Per team)
Melee and Brawl Singles - $10 per player

Schedule:
9am-11am- Registration begins for all events
11:15am- Tourney starts with Brawl Doubles
Followed by Brawl singles
Break-
Melee Doubles
Melee singles

Prizes:
No money will be taken from the pot and prize money is distibuted to top 3 of each event
1st: 70%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

Rules:
MELEE
standard mlg ruleset...BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller)!

-4 stock, 8 mins matches
-2/3 sets; 3/5 for winners, losers, and grand finals
-items off
-team attack on
-life stealing allowed
-Dave's stupid rule: a stage can't be played more than once in a match, either by random select or by picking
-stage banning: Each person/team knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-mutual banning: If all players agree to ban a counterpick level, they may ban said level from their set while retaining their original individual bans.
-mutual allowing: If all players agree to play on a certain stage as a random or counterpick, they may play on that stage even though it is otherwise banned.
-advanced slob picks: Losing player(s) choose(s) the next stage or random, winning player(s) choose(s) character(s), then losing player(s) choose(s) character(s).
-double blind pick may be called at the beginning of each set.

neutral stages:
Final destination, Pokemon Stadium, Kirby's dreamland, Yoshi's story, Fountain of dreams, Battlefield

counter pick stages:
Any stage that isnt banned and any of the neutrals

Banned stages:
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

BRAWL

Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon Stadium 2
Norfair

Banned:

Rainbow Cruise
Pipes (Yoshi's Island - Melee)
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Onett
Green Greens
Corneria
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Bridge of Eldin
Big Blue
Mario Circuit
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town
Skyworld
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
New Pork City
Summit
75M
Mario Bros. Old
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
WarioWare
Spear Pillar

Attendance:
1.vericz
2. uuaa
3. hiroshi
4. zoro
5. hungrybox
6. coco
7. AT&T
8. kyon
9. Action B@stard
10. Marin
11. StaFu
12. Colbol
13. GMoney
14. Cash Mooney
15. Ruuku
16. Frames
17. CO18
18. Tapia
19. Rx

Setups:

Contact: post here with any questions or email me at vericz2@yahoo.com or call my cell at 407-301-4402

I Hope ALL of you guys come!!

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Wow, that's REALLY close to my house. Hopefully I can make it to Kissimmee on that date. You guys should host more stuff! ;)

Zoro

Smash Champion
The first tournament i hear was really good

This isnt far from gigs and it def will be much bigger than gigs if things go like they did last time

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea, i would've made the halo3 tourney but we were in tallahassee. im happy to see you had an amazing turnout though

im definitely coming to this for brawl. but ill cheer my peoples on who play melee (if im there at that time)

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Crap...
can't come :/
Its on Valentine's day. My girlfriend would kill me.

Darn it, you run such good tourneys too.

mnitg

Smash Apprentice
Lets go FG!!!!! Its gonna nasty!!! And I hope to c sum pros. **** GIGABITS!!! Florida Gaming is gonna take over!!!!

Tapia

Smash Rookie
Sign me up! i'm most def coming to this tourney, i was at the dub tree tourney a few months ago, placed like 5th or 6th.

Got a new kid on the block. :)

IC's / Lucario.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh I love you guys for putting in melee, I just wish I had some money. Seems as though I'm not moving, so I hope to find where that is in Kissimee. ONE LOVE <3333333

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Are you going to play some Melee, Dave? ;p

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol, yeah, even if I didn't have money, I'd still go for the friendlies (if bus gets there in time) Haha.

Yeah man just love my doc. :3

Top Bottom