• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game night at Game Universe!! Every Tuesday

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Ok so here's the Big news:

Address:

Game Universe
1251 Worcester Rd
Framingham, MA 01701

Every Tuesday Night!
$5 All night
5pm to whenever (6am?)
What we play:
EVERYTHING
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Sf3
MvC2
CvS2
SF HDremix
SFaphla3
gonna Bring Battle Phantasia
GG
Soul Calibur IV
Tekken5dr
SSBM/SSBB

Well this event is going on every tuesday for sure I will update everybody if there is any change.

Bring set-ups if you can

I am generally there every tuesday and I play both brawl and melee but I am usually there after 9:30pm because I work so if you want to wait till then for some comp your welcome.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody this is a good way to get some practice in SSBM/SSBB and it will be every friday night. It will also host the other games that are listed above. Let's try to make this a great night for fighters.

1st post is ALL MINE BUHAHAAHAA!!!!!

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
SSBM is the only fighter I play, but I might come anyways to check out the other games. Sorry to hear about TGA.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I'm totally coming to this. SF3, Melee, SC4, GG, all in one place that isn't 2 hours from my house? **** yes.

Also, when did TGA get flooded? That really sucks.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Yes there will be set-ups for both brawl and melee. If you can bring set-ups that would be great also thx for the support

Almo

Smash Ace
i will go to this and peachkid is going if he can get a ride is what he told me.

brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl. also ive heard tatsunoko vs. capcom is amazing and i just like fighting games in general.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I've heard good things about TvC as well. I just need to remember to actually go to this, as I might wind up with other plans that night.

Almo

Smash Ace
NUUUUU!!!!!!

We must do our all character ditto MM in brawl like we did in melee. i want my $20 back. LOL. It will only take 4 hours. i swear.

But if you do play brawl at all then i would like to play with you, if not, then casual melee is always fun. i don't play it seriously anymore though.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Yeah, that was a fun MM. We dropped it to $10 at the last second though, remember?

I'll play some brawl, but I'm most interested in practicing SC4 at this. Playing online sucks, and I need to play against good people to make sure what I've been doing isn't just a fluke.

Almo

Smash Ace
Yeah, that was a fun MM. We dropped it to $10 at the last second though, remember?

I'll play some brawl, but I'm most interested in practicing SC4 at this. Playing online sucks, and I need to play against good people to make sure what I've been doing isn't just a fluke.
i actually don't since that was almost a year ago. lol

Same thing with me and brawl about online. I hope all my skill transitions to offline or i'll be severly disapointed.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
if i can make some quirky arrangement with a friend. then ill be here :)

i could bring setups for smash, and if anyone is familiar with Immaterial and Missing Power i could bring that along too....

Almo

Smash Ace
what about coming early? like 4 or 4:30? would nothing be set up then? cause i can only stay until 6.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Immaterial and Missing Power is the ****.

Dan, if you show up, Melty Blood? I have no money to give you, but that game is too good.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Immaterial and Missing Power is the ****.

Dan, if you show up, Melty Blood? I have no money to give you, but that game is too good.
Yayuhzz. IaMP is too good, sucks that not many pplz know about it... who do u main? (i mains teh patchouli :p)

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I've actually never played it. A friend of mine put it on my computer, but since I can't find my USB controller, I never got to play it. It just looks freaking cool.

Almo

Smash Ace
if anyone has a good diddy, ZSS, zelda, sonic, or metaknight i want to play friendlies with you tomorrow/later today at this since those are my worst matchups because i know virtually nothing about them. ZSS i'm not too worried about since i know the matchup decently but i seem to get ***** by every single one i play. i also would like games against snake only if you're wicked good with him. like totally wicked good.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
You can be there early but I won't be there and I am not sure if there will be set-ups for smash before six it's up to you. I will try to be there as early as possible but no promises see you all there.

Almo

Smash Ace
no smash before 6? :(

will there be tv's cause then i'll just bring my own setup minus a tv. i've never actually brought my system to another place, so can we use any wiimote to enter into the game or will it require one that i own because it's synced?

also, pikachu is the one i forgot about that i suck against too.

EDIT: actually that's kind of stupid to bring a setup because i'd just have to take it down and leave in an hour anyway. it would be a better idea to bring just a copy of brawl if i want to play it so badly, since i'm assuming tv's and wii's will be there. i'll call GU and see what's going down with this later today.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
just wanted to say...

We have a wii here for smash but... Not sure what tv you could hook up to...

Also we have Tatsunoko vs Capcom set up all the time so you can play that before 6 if you want.

Almo

Smash Ace
just wanted to say...

We have a wii here for smash but... Not sure what tv you could hook up to...

Also we have Tatsunoko vs Capcom set up all the time so you can play that before 6 if you want.
hmm well i guess i could wait for tv's to come. i'm just hoping they do before 6.

and tatsunoko vs. capcom all the time? SOLD. lol

this probably means ill be there at like...4. anyone who wants to bring a tv and play me in smash that early, you are my new best friend.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
What time does this go until? I'm gonna be doing something until 8:30, and then I'll have to drive there. If it's stopping any time before 10 I doubt I'll go, but if it doesn't I'll probably still show.

Rhymes are cool, and so are video games.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
this was top tier. i post teh early shoutoutz to like the 4 ppl who i saw XD XD

Greene: Lulz at our brawl diss fest XD taht was funneh. and fun matches in melee :D

**** Tom: Lol at our matches, wario is funny to fight XD

Almo: Hey man nice seeing u, u need to add meh on ps3 so we can play LBP/SC4 together.

Greene's friend: hehe funny talking to u. u guys are lulz :D

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
This was fun, except there was no SC4, which made me sad. I might consider coming to another one if I know for sure there will be SC4.

Also, TvC is pretty ridiculous.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
This was fun, except there was no SC4, which made me sad. I might consider coming to another one if I know for sure there will be SC4.

Also, TvC is pretty ridiculous.
There was SC4 but later on in the night and there were some sick matches. Greene,Almo, Quester, and Peach kid thanks for showing up hopefully next time we can get alot more people to show up and maybe have a small tourney if there is interest and I get permission from Dan. From the amount of people that showed up this should be going on every Friday from now on but I will update you as I get more info.

For anybody that cares about the tourney results for TvC and 3rd strike

1st place
Willson (Fall River)
2nd place
Nestor (Boston)

1st place
Nestor (I think)

2nd place
SmoothCat (Fall River)

3rd place
Willson (FR)

Not too sure if the results for 3rd strike are correct but I know the TvC rresults are correct.

Thx again for the support and see you next time.

Almo

Smash Ace
Almo: Hey man nice seeing u, u need to add meh on ps3 so we can play LBP/SC4 together
Hell yeah. I don't have SC4, but i am always always always up for playing with others in lbp. it sucks that i can only play every other weekend though. add "Almolicious" on your ps3 and i'll accept the next time i go (January 30th).

Fun games too. And i don't remember if i explained the whole thing, but since i hadn't played melee for months and was playing brawl alot, i was just tier whoring as falco and being spammy camper laser man. i normally played as marth, but i randomly got better with falco from not playing melee. i get better from not playing, as strange as that sounds, but i haven't ever played the game i'd play in a tournament that morning or the night before. ritual sort of, more of just a weird habit. My best guess is i become more revolved around cpu strats so i refuse to play since it only hurts me in the end. that's why i only play brawl online, which kind of sucks.

There was SC4 but later on in the night and there were some sick matches. Greene,Almo, Quester, and Peach kid thanks for showing up hopefully next time we can get alot more people to show up and maybe have a small tourney if there is interest and I get permission from Dan. From the amount of people that showed up this should be going on every Friday from now on but I will update you as I get more info.

For anybody that cares about the tourney results for TvC and 3rd strike

1st place
Willson (Fall River)
2nd place
Nestor (Boston)

1st place
Nestor (I think)

2nd place
SmoothCat (Fall River)

3rd place
Willson (FR)

Not too sure if the results for 3rd strike are correct but I know the TvC rresults are correct.

Thx again for the support and see you next time.
yeah i'd definitely go again. it was fun even though i couldn't stay that long, but if it's this friday i'd be able to stay for a while if i can go.

small tourney for smash or something else? because i would love a small smash tourney and you can guarantee i'd pay more money to be in it. lol

fun brawl games too, but it seems only my marth can beat you :( i guess my snake is only good online or i just haven't played him in a while/ i don't play wario johns.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Hell yeah. I don't have SC4, but i am always always always up for playing with others in lbp. it sucks that i can only play every other weekend though. add "Almolicious" on your ps3 and i'll accept the next time i go (January 30th).

Fun games too. And i don't remember if i explained the whole thing, but since i hadn't played melee for months and was playing brawl alot, i was just tier whoring as falco and being spammy camper laser man. i normally played as marth, but i randomly got better with falco from not playing melee. i get better from not playing, as strange as that sounds, but i haven't ever played the game i'd play in a tournament that morning or the night before. ritual sort of, more of just a weird habit. My best guess is i become more revolved around cpu strats so i refuse to play since it only hurts me in the end. that's why i only play brawl online, which kind of sucks.

yeah i'd definitely go again. it was fun even though i couldn't stay that long, but if it's this friday i'd be able to stay for a while if i can go.

small tourney for smash or something else? because i would love a small smash tourney and you can guarantee i'd pay more money to be in it. lol

fun brawl games too, but it seems only my marth can beat you :( i guess my snake is only good online or i just haven't played him in a while/ i don't play wario johns.
I have been updated a little bit and they are saying that it will be every other friday and small little gatherings on Tuesday. I asked Dan from GU to post on here also so you should be getting updates from Dan and I as things progress.

Almo

Smash Ace
does one of those gatherings include tomorrow or next tuesday?

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
The patterns for Game Universe Fight Nights were generally on Tuesday nights. Have they changed to every Fridays now?

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
does one of those gatherings include tomorrow or next tuesday?
The patterns for Game Universe Fight Nights were generally on Tuesday nights. Have they changed to every Fridays now?
Yes this tuesday there will be small gatherings but they are mostly Street Fighter people going. It's going to be every other friday for big stuff so in a nutshell every tuesday small gatherings every other friday big stuff.

Almo

Smash Ace
i like street fighter. i just started to play 2 and 3 the past few days and really enjoy 3 and am probably going to consider getting 4 so i might go to the ones on tuesday's. Not sure since they're weekdays though.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Every other Friday and every Tuesday a small gathering so next Friday will be the next big one not this Friday and there will be small sessions every Tuesday.

Top Bottom