• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game night at Game Universe!! Every Tuesday

Almo

Smash Ace
i think people just aren't willing to travel out here at night, when there's a smash tournament nearly every saturday now in new england, so it's kind of a pain for people to come out at night, and then do the same thing the next day. don't get me wrong, i'd love for more smash to be going on, but some people just can't make it because of the travel, not to mention other things that might be going on on a friday night for people.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I don't like to pay $5 and gas money to play a game I could play in my room for free. With the same people. If I could get people to MM me, I'd definitely come more since I could actually turn a profit, but it's not worth my time or money otherwise.

Yeah, I sound like a jerk but unless I'm making money I have better things to do on a friday night.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
I don't like to pay $5 and gas money to play a game I could play in my room for free. With the same people. If I could get people to MM me, I'd definitely come more since I could actually turn a profit, but it's not worth my time or money otherwise.

Yeah, I sound like a jerk but unless I'm making money I have better things to do on a friday night.
Well you also sound cocky how well do you place in tourneys? I never heard of you even winning any tourney so your right you shouldn't go because you might lose money but what do I know I am just a scrub.

Oh yeah just a reminder it's on tuesdays as well.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
lol Tom, I go to tourneys because they're fun and more than 3 smashers show up. Not to mention I don't have to pay $5 to get in the door, since I only go to MM and there's no entry fee. I suck in tournies, but I don't care because the of people I get to hang out with. If more smashers showed up to this I wouldn't have a problem going. As it stands, I could get the same experience for free in my room with a couple of my smasher friends over, and it would cost me nothing. I have no consistent source of income, so unless I could MM people at this a possibly make some money, it does not make sense for me to pay money for something I could do better for free.

Also, I don't play brawl, and this isn't my tournament tag. GG guys.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
lol Tom, I go to tourneys because they're fun and more than 3 smashers show up. Not to mention I don't have to pay $5 to get in the door, since I only go to MM and there's no entry fee. I suck in tournies, but I don't care because the of people I get to hang out with. If more smashers showed up to this I wouldn't have a problem going. As it stands, I could get the same experience for free in my room with a couple of my smasher friends over, and it would cost me nothing. I have no consistent source of income, so unless I could MM people at this a possibly make some money, it does not make sense for me to pay money for something I could do better for free.

Look the more people that can go the better. I want people to go and they are a business so they have to make money. Instead of saying it the way you did why don't you either keep your mouth shut or say I can't go but I will let people know. I am trying to have a scene at GU besides MM which only happens once a month. Just to let you know you are actually paying a fee because GU takes a cut of the pot so you are actually paying a fee. Next time keep comments like that to yourself because they are very rude.:mad:

So Fatal

Smash Master

seriously trippin over 5$...:urg:

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
>.> You try having $20 a month to spend on entertainment stuff.

Also, Tom, this is Questor. I understand 100% about wanting to start a good gaming scene at GU since TGA no longer exists (may it rest in peace), and I'll do everything I can to help. What I'm saying is, until there is more interest, I will not be going, because it is not worth my time and money to do so. The last couple times I went, there were 3 other kids playing melee, 2 of which came in the same car as me. I do not think it makes sense for me to go when there is nothing for me to gain, and I could be using my time and money more effectively elsewhere.

Oh, and I stepped up and ran the melee tournament at the last MM. Guys, you can get off me about not contributing to the scene and whatnot. My post was originally made to 1) try to get some people to MM me, and 2) get some more melee people coming to these.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
>.> You try having $20 a month to spend on entertainment stuff.

Also, Tom, this is Questor. I understand 100% about wanting to start a good gaming scene at GU since TGA no longer exists (may it rest in peace), and I'll do everything I can to help. What I'm saying is, until there is more interest, I will not be going, because it is not worth my time and money to do so. The last couple times I went, there were 3 other kids playing melee, 2 of which came in the same car as me. I do not think it makes sense for me to go when there is nothing for me to gain, and I could be using my time and money more effectively elsewhere.

Oh, and I stepped up and ran the melee tournament at the last MM. Guys, you can get off me about not contributing to the scene and whatnot. My post was originally made to 1) try to get some people to MM me, and 2) get some more melee people coming to these.
Well that sounds alot better questor because in the last post you put sounds very rude. Next time just say I want a mm or I'm not going. It takes time and I think it will pick up in the summer because there is no school. This fight night usually only takes place every tuesday and then I have to let everybody know about fridays because those are random. Just give it time and I am sure it will get bigger.

I am not asking you to come every time but I am ask you not be so rude about it

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Would Brawl+ be welcome?

You should try it Tom, if you haven't, DK is beast. Wario is probably stupid good, and it's a ton of fun.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Would Brawl+ be welcome?

You should try it Tom, if you haven't, DK is beast. Wario is probably stupid good, and it's a ton of fun.
yo we try brawl son and melee son. I will have to ask them about it next time I am there man I hope they can handle it.

Bring any fighter you got son it's all good

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Yeah, one of the things that'd be helpful is some kind of schedule for when this is. Also, I'm in kind of the same boat as questor. I mean, the point of getting out of the house to play smash is so you're not playing the same people over and over, and at each one of these, I think I've seen 2 players, at the most, who I don't play regularly. "/

I'd be willing to commit to one of these if you actually hyped it up a bit and then maybe made a serious bi-weekly. Doesn't mean I'm never going to one of these, it's just kind of annoying to drive to framingham and not get much out of it.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, one of the things that'd be helpful is some kind of schedule for when this is. Also, I'm in kind of the same boat as questor. I mean, the point of getting out of the house to play smash is so you're not playing the same people over and over, and at each one of these, I think I've seen 2 players, at the most, who I don't play regularly. "/

I'd be willing to commit to one of these if you actually hyped it up a bit and then maybe made a serious bi-weekly. Doesn't mean I'm never going to one of these, it's just kind of annoying to drive to framingham and not get much out of it.
Every tuesday there will be one defently but like I said before there is school still going on so there probably won't be alot of smashers until school is out. Your welcome to come but I suggest not coming until the summer time.

ryu422

Smash Rookie
Nobody went for smash last night, but i got some street fighter 4 games in. KDJ showed up randomly and I went to Friendly's with him LOL. Next time i'm not gonna show up unless it's hyped for SSBB.

Prawn

Smash Master
Nobody went for smash last night, but i got some street fighter 4 games in. KDJ showed up randomly and I went to Friendly's with him LOL. Next time i'm not gonna show up unless it's hyped for SSBB.
This summer I'll raise hype for SSBB. Its just too hard during the school year.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
This summer I'll raise hype for SSBB. Its just too hard during the school year.
Thx alot for the hype and when summer comes around this should blow up. I usually don't show up until 10pm so unless you want to wait until then to play smash with me it's up to you.

If there is anything going on during a friday I will post on the forums about it but if you don't hear anything don't show up on Friday's

Almo

Smash Ace
ahh i wish i checked sooner. next tuesday i will possibly be there, and if not then definitely tuesday june 9th i will be there to play you tom.

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
hmm, finally after i move away from MA people start to go to play brawl.. jesus... lol... Well I may show up again someday, I used to run the Brawl/melee side of fight night, and was in charge of "gathering the troops".. unfortunately for everyone who could capitalize on this, I have since relocated.... and the competition here is NJ is extremely intense.

Almo

Smash Ace
lol i didn't know anyone who was there except tom and dj. and i saw nuro but he didn't play.

still, it's nice to have some smash going on so i can play every once in a while. gg's everyone.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Are there a bunch of people coming to these now? I might show up next week, since I'm out of school and have no plans.

Top Bottom