• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
You're a bad guess, *******.

Who are you, again?
Haha the "Who are you random?"/"I don't know you so you don't matter" tactic is stupid enough already. But someone almost as new as me using it is amusing at least.

I am Xiahou Dun.

Pleased to meet you.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Too bad that 'this person could own this person higher in the list' doesn't warrant them to move up as it is based on their overall ability.
You're right. Captain Falcon is better than Ganon overall. Better match-ups, check their threads.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I like this list even better than the first...probably because Diddy is now in "top" tier.

Huzzah for Diddy, and lol at MK still completely ****** everything.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I would agree that C. Falcon > Ganondorf. However, I think Jigglypuff is the worst character in the game.

Bottom tier should look like:
C. Falcon
Link
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I would agree that C. Falcon > Ganondorf. However, I think Jigglypuff is the worst character in the game.

C. Falcon
Link
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
lolwut? C. Falcon is certainly not above link, I know that much for sure. Link has incredulous potential, and contains a great attack set, and some really powerful metagame forces. If he had a better recovery, and possibly better arrows, I'd say he'd be moving into low tier. C. Falcon has horrible moves that limit him to nearly gimp-exclusive gaming, and has the nerfdom of kirby from 64 going into Melee. I might say C. Falcon might be better than Ganon, but certainly not Link.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
lolwut? C. Falcon is certainly not above link, I know that much for sure. Link has incredulous potential, and contains a great attack set, and some really powerful metagame forces. If he had a better recovery, and possibly better arrows, I'd say he'd be moving into low tier. C. Falcon has horrible moves that limit him to nearly gimp-exclusive gaming, and has the nerfdom of kirby from 64 going into Melee. I might say C. Falcon could be better than Ganon, but certainly not Link.
I dunno, I think Ganon is pretty even with Falcon. Also, Link could need some better jumping, too. That's ridiculously bad. Otherwise, I agree with you.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion

C. Falcon
Link
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
I wouldn't say that Falcon can pass link. Jiggs, maybe, but not in the near future. Bet Falcon is better than g-dorf.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I dunno, I think Ganon is pretty even with Falcon. Also, Link could need some better jumping, too. That's ridiculously bad. Otherwise, I agree with you.
emphasis on "might be", as in, "I can see where they're coming from". Though no way is link lower than C. Falcon.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Eh, I know a Ganon main who pretty keeps me up to date on stuff regarding the old man... If I see technical stuff like Chainchoking or such, I doubt Falcon is so much better than Ganondorf.

I also don't see Falcon moving a lot from his position. On that list are far worse things one could spot, such as Ness and Lucas tied, and Zelda/Sheik being not in as one character.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord

C. Falcon
Link
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
I don't think so, I think the bottom tier should only contain 3 people,
Ganondorf
Link
C.Falcon
In that order.

Jigglypuff is an interesting character to say the least, a characer of extremes, she is extremely light and extremly slow, on the other extreme she has the fastest air speed and despite what people think her WoP still is a effective stratagy, most jiggly players will hardly touch the ground. She has amazing gimping ability, and can't be gimped easily. I believe she will rise above the other three in the future, but she/he will still be only in the low tier.

Plus yoshi needs more respect:mad:

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Who cares if Yoshi as a whole isn't as respected, worry about your own growth and recognition as a player.
Is that a slight towards my user name saying n00b in it, because if it is;

I'm NOT a bad player.

If not all im saying is that yoshi is always though of as **** when really he isn't. I'd say at this moment in the Metagame hes better than PT and Samus.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Captain Fail. I meant to say, the Yoshi community can try to improve themselves but they shouldn't seek the improvement of Yoshi as the result. The character is there and a person should worry about who they like best and feel most comfortable with. That implies a person should not leave his character simply because another one is better and a person should not stick to his character simply because he wants to try to prove something, when he would be more comfortable with another.

BentoBox

Smash Master
By having Jesiah post his own list, you guys all have to realize how objective this all really is. Most of these people and the scene in which they play in does not give them the exposure to the entirety of the cast played at its highest potential to be able to discern effectively which character belongs where. It is hence obvious that because of a lack of representation the farther down you go through the list, the less accurate it gets. Now, I know I'll sound like a broken record... but Yoshi (who I really do not know much about myself), goes about even with a large majority of the cast along with a few 60:40s against high tiers, which is really no different from Peach's match-ups (my current main). And this is what a near-perfect tier list should display. But it does not, and as a consolation, Yoshi mains are told that they should get out there and show what they're capable of... which is quite ironic considering the people who had the power to vote weren't well informed themselves.

All in all, just do your thing. There is no need to get butt hurt over this.

Geist

Smash Master
Wow ROB got *****.

Also, I'm probably not the first to say this - but were separations into so many tiers really necessary?
Just saying, it really over complicates things, and adds more subjectivity and conflict, not to mention there are two characters with their own tiers. I know they're separated by more significant gaps, but 9 tiers? Personally I'd be fine with 5 tiers, and around 7-ish characters in each. Whatever.

Here comes the cavalry to tell me how much of an idiot I am.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Did you quote me in a good or bad way? I didn't even understand what you were trying to say. lol
>_>

It was a positive quote. Should be the maxim of every fighting game player in existence.

I've been pretty non-specific on my posts tonight. I need to get some sleep.

Smooth Criminal

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Good bye, credibility. C. Falcon needs much more respect.
Uh not really, don't get all mad by me putting him last, Falcon players aren't bad, actually there all very good, the thing is i truely believe C.Falcon is the worst character to play, the people playing them are good players, there just using the hardest charcter to win with.

Yoshi i said deserves more respect mainly because at this point in time, i think he is a more valid option in tournaments than people like Samus and PT. The nearly even match-up with MK helps this a lot. Tounaments now are usually full of Meta Knights, Mk absoulutly murders people like say Mario, therefore mario doesn't get tourney results, therefore doesn't get representation, therefore it is reflected on the tier list. Yoshi isn't plagued by this problem as much as say Mario, granted yoshi has a couple pretty bad matches, but to characters who aren't played extensivly like MK. At this point in the Metagame he is a more valid option then say said characters. I would say Yoshi belongs above Samus in the tier list.

Frown

poekmon
I checked my hit % stats on the data section of Brawl. The highest was Falco, at 51% (Successful laser pamming is sucessful), and most of the other characters were around 40%. The second lowest was Ike, at 36% and the lowest was Captain Falcon, at 22%.

Call me a crappy player, but that guy's hitboxes are one of his biggest issues.

Yes, uair is good

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Awesome people use it :p
No. People who love to waste time use it. Imagine, if every time you post "Bowser King" together with the font, icon and color, takes you let's say 5 seconds. That then makes for your (rounded up) 3000 posts 15000 seconds! That's a little bit more than 4 hours of your life wasted with putting up that signature. Which is totally useless because everyone clearly can see your nickname next to your post.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
No. People who love to waste time use it. Imagine, if every time you post "Bowser King" together with the font, icon and color, takes you let's say 5 seconds. That then makes for your (rounded up) 3000 posts 15000 seconds! That's a little bit more than 4 hours of your life wasted with putting up that signature. Which is totally useless because everyone clearly can see your nickname next to your post.
No.

I just paste it on. Takes about 2 seconds and 3000 posts is A LOT.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Exactly.
Wait we have to count the time it takes to hit CTRL+V

-Shadowlink84
Meh. It's pretty easy to click ctrl+V :p

Also, that 4 hour thing is a pretty stupid thing to say.

The same could be said for every 2 letters you click. ZOMG trillions of hours!111twelve!!

>_>

EDIT: We should get back on topic :p

-:bowser:Bowser King

Lovely

Smash Lord
Agreed, how many people say that Zero Suit Samus is too high for her own good? I'm one of those people, why is she so high? ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom