• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best of each move

Oracle

Smash Master
What is the best move of each move? Like best d tilt, best throws, best grabs, etc.

I don't want to make a huge list, but some of the overlooked low tier characters have some of the better moves in the game. For example, roy's d tilt is godly. Any roy player will tell you that a d tilt leads to basically any aerial you want.
What are your opinions?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
zelda's down b.
lol pretty much. The ability to make your character rise several tiers. It's a devastating move =P

I don't know. All the moves are so different, it would be difficult to judge with throw is better. Like, Falcon's u-throw is great for techchasing vs fastfallers, Mewtwo's u-throw makes for a good KO move, and Fox's u-throw allows for a huge number of followups. The list goes on.

It's hard to judge since the effects and benefits are so different.

But since this thread is just for fun and stuffs, I really like Ness' Dair.

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
Fair? is it a question?
Upthrow, marth
Dair- falco
Upair ... probably pikachu.
Marth gets best up-b imo --- a powerful KO move that comes out on the 4th frame, usable out of shield, great for gimping/edgeguarding, incredibly difficult to gimp.
Uptilt goes to Marth too (who else loves uptilt->uptilt on fastfallers and then killing with a 'sour' uptilt?)
Guess everyone knows I main marth now

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Usmash - Fox

Fsmash - lol Marth

Dsmash - Peach

Bsmash - ??? (lulz)

Fair - Falcon

Nair - Fox

Bair - Falco(?) Platform Cancel, Very fast and very strong...Can't think of anything better atm

Dair - Falco

Neutral B - Falcon

Over B - Jiggs

Down B - Fox/Jiggs

UpB - Marth

Utilt - Sheik/Fox/Marth

Ftilt - Sheik

Dtilt - Marth

Neutral A - Sheik/Fox/Falcon

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
^pretty good, though neutral B lolz sarcasm and downB is definately fox and utilt marth
DownB is definitely fox? Have you ever been hit by a one frame kill move before? As long as it's a good Jiggz, she has the best downB. It can turn a match around instantly

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
The shine is harder to punish, easier to hit with, and can be JC'd easily into a grab, Usmash, or even another shine. I guess their respective downB's work for their respective playstyles. I like Link for Up B. Fox for Uthrow given what he can do from it, and Falcon for Neutral B. Although I'm pretty sure Falco's would be more useful in a match, but nothing is better for punishing a shield break than a Falcon Punch.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
The shine is harder to punish, easier to hit with, and can be JC'd easily into a grab, Usmash, or even another shine. I guess their respective downB's work for their respective playstyles. I like Link for Up B. Fox for Uthrow given what he can do from it, and Falcon for Neutral B. Although I'm pretty sure Falco's would be more useful in a match, but nothing is better for punishing a shield break than a Falcon Punch.
I think Ganon's Utilt is better :)

Oracle

Smash Master
Marth's d tilt isn't that good. It's just one of his many edgeguards, and one of his lesser ones at that.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
umm ic's with marth replacing nana and shine. ok that sounds good huh :D
Imagine ICs with Falcon's moveset... All you would need is a grab -> jab infinite -> finish with falcon punch/knee... either that or d-throw -> desynched knees. :O

goateeguy

Smash Ace
this is tough, cuz each move is good for that specific character but might not help any character that had it. jiggs wouldn't fall fast enough to be able to shinespike someone, and falco couldn't pillar with fox's shine. give a relatively predictable move like pikachu's thunder to someone fast like falcon and you've got a new metagame for him (thunder AND the knee in one jump. uber pwnage).

i think it really depends on if you're just saying which move best suits it's character or which would be the best frankenstein character, pieced together from all the moves of melee's people.

Oracle

Smash Master
Imagine ICs with Falcon's moveset... All you would need is a grab -> jab infinite -> finish with falcon punch/knee... either that or d-throw -> desynched knees. :O
IC's with bowser's d throw would have the best cg ever

Stratford

Smash Champion
Uh, why does everyone say Marth's up b.... Some characters actually have up bs that can be useful in recovery and not as a killing move (go figure). If we build a character with any move we want for each attack I don't think it will have trouble killing. Let's help its recovery in unlikely event it actually ever gets hit. I vote Pikachu's up b.

Walgreens Pharmacist

Smash Apprentice
UP B: Pika
Neu B: Falco
Smash B: Roy
Down B: Fox/Falco

Up Smash: Pika
F Smash: Marth
Down Smash: Peach/Shiek

Up Air: Fox
Neu Air: Doc/Peach
Down Air: Falco/Falcon
F Air: Marth

Up Throw: Fox
B Throw: Doc
F Throw: Marth
D Throw: Shiek

Neu A: Gannon
F Tilt: Shiek
Up Tilt: Shiek/Marth
D Tilt: Shiek/Marth

Oracle

Smash Master
I think Wallgreen's list is a tad in doc's favor
Ness has good throws, and mewtwo's upthrow is great

unknown522

Some guy
jab - ganon
down tilt - shiek
up tilt - marth/sheik/fox/falco
f-tilt - sheik
f-smash - marth
up smash - fox
down smash - peach
up air - sheik/DK/marth
b-air - sheik
f-air - sheik/marth
d-air - falco/fox/marth
b - falco/fox
over b - samus/jiggs/doc/mario/falcon (they're not that good)
down b - zelda
up b - sheik/marth/samus/bowser
b throw - ness
f throw - dk
up throw - fox/Dk (in cargo hold)/marth/mario/doc/M2
down throw - doc/mario/sheik/falcon

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lol i always wanted to make a thread like this,

i think sheik or doc would have a better bair than falco.
both fox and dk have sick uairs
pikachu does not have the best usmash.
people who didn't say bowser for upB is =0

I think fox and sheik have the best grab game.

i think samus has a better zair than link, better for recovery. However link ***** him in the spair department

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Stop using Brawl terms XD

They were both 1 Frame kill moves which is why I couldn't decide between Fox and Jiggs lol
but if I had to choose then it would be Fox

And don't do throws...those are WAY to dependent on the character and what the purpose of it is

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
fair: captain falcon
nair: Samus
bair: zelda
dair: Ganon
Uair: fox/marth/DK/Ganon (all really good)
jab: not really a clear winner here, all have good/similar uses, none really stand out.
dtilt: Roy
utilt: Marth
ftilt: Sheik
Usmash: fox
Fsmash: Marth
Dsmash: Peach
dash attack: peach/sheik
upB(attack): Luigi
upB(recovery): Zelda/Peach/Pikachu/Pichu
neutral B: Falco/samus
down B (actually as an attack): Jigglypuff
side B: Mario
Grab attack: ice climbers
Uthrow: DK
Fthrow: Peach
Dthrow: sheik
bthrow: Jigglypuff?
taunt: captain falcon

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I really didn't know what to put for Bthrow. I don't really know of any that have good follow-ups, and none really stood out to me.

But I play a bit of jiggs, and I use her Bthrow a ton. It has the most knockback of all her throws, so it's pretty useful in that respect, and if you grab them near the edge and backthrow them you have a decent chance of getting a kill because she has such good edgeguarding.

But yeah, it's pretty much because I can't really think of any characters with good followups to bthrow.

PS: aren't all of marth's moves quick gimp moves, lolol

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Mario/Dr. Mario have a far and strong Bthrow lol but throws are hard to decide on who has the best...In terms of knockback they would probably get it

And that's very true XD

wisl

Smash Journeyman
jab - ganon
down tilt - shiek
up tilt - marth/sheik/fox/falco
f-tilt - sheik
f-smash - marth
up smash - fox
down smash - peach
up air - sheik/DK/marth
b-air - sheik
f-air - sheik/marth
d-air - falco/fox/marth
b - falco/fox
over b - samus/jiggs/doc/mario/falcon (they're not that good)
down b - zelda
up b - sheik/marth/samus/bowser
b throw - ness
f throw - dk
up throw - fox/Dk (in cargo hold)/marth/mario/doc/M2
down throw - doc/mario/sheik/falcon
^those two are pretty much fact

the rest of that list is good too though.

Top Bottom