• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus' Detailed Matchup Guide ; #5 Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
@ LanceStern, a very good suggestion. This could work if our timing is right, just DI down and tether..just mash the buttons right xD

@ Ravin, woah I never knew that would work SO well xD I mean he was at like 150%;p awesome!

Ravin

Smash Lord
It gets even better...

I wanna try something, i was watching a Link combo video/tech vid, and it shows a trick with Zair.

Basically, you hold down when being down smashed by say Fox, you instantly press Zair Twice and it grabs the ledge when your flying.

He showed it working at 300%

I wonder if this could work with Samus as well?

@ 4:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0u3sUOShcI

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
^^^Probably, if you're in the right zone (low enough).

Zelda has one situational answer for zair besides powershield which is Din's Fire.

If you mix zairs up with jabs, dsmash, ftilt, missiles, uncharged shots, and grabs (sparingly), Zelda will have problems.

Samus will have problems with Zelda's range on most of her tilts and stuff. However, I've found that it's pretty easy to punish Zelda's slower moves with dash attacks before they come out.

But yeah, Zelda's usmash and fsmash and nair will be problems if Samus is too close.

40:60 Zelda *shrug*

Ravin

Smash Lord
Works for Samus also, on Zelda Dsmash and TL's Dsmash, jiggly, Fox, Falco. Which is nice, it can eliminate the Dsmash of their attacks. Basically All Dsmashes and Smashes that force you to slide across the ground near the ledge. How I wish MK's Dsmash was a bit closer to the ground, youd have a almost good way of staying alive XD

Edit - Becaue of Samus's lack of the ability to land, Zelda can follow you, doesnt matter if you airdodge or Dair, bomb drop, whatever, a Well placed Upsmash with Zelda out proitizes most of your ways to land.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
@ Ravin, awesome info on the tether cancel. Should help us out of her downsmash..
But as you stated landing is going to be hard, I suggest going for the edge? Laying bombs on your way and Dair's to keep her away from you?

Ravin

Smash Lord
Ledge would be best, like AWAY from the ledge. Samus should be far enough away to tether and grab it, but enough to be able to Up B incase Zelda tries to edge. Zelda can Lightening/Critical kick you threw you Up B, So enough to make sure you can land right. But dont be afraid to try and land, use Bombs to control your DI accordingly. Samus may not be able to fall fast, but she can move in any direction in the air faster and with more control then anyone else. Just dont be stupid about it.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
ike matchup writeup is up, woah weird sentance xD
Remember if you have comments or feedback about them, say so! I can't see everything ;p

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Be careful if you use bombs off stage though, that's a cue to start using din's because you lag ever so slightly.

I didn't know you could spike Samus' recovery :/ That's good to know actualy ^^

Good stuff finding out about the tether thing. It might be tricky doing it on reaction because it comes out on frame 4, but it can happen and you can definitely predict it, especially from a dtilt. Zeldas absolutely love dtilt > dsmash at earlier percents, especially from a trip, though others might mix it up with whatever.

DSmash would probably be used to set up a spike or be used solely as a damage racker because Samus has such a good recovery!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ok look. i highly recommend we all move to dryns guide. this royta guy thinks ike is 55-45. this is BY FAR, samus's 2nd or 3rd easiest match up in the gane. wtf are u thinking.

guys, this thread is absolute trash

you know nothing about samus dude. and i mean NOTHING.

Ravin

Smash Lord
ok look. i highly recommend we all move to dryns guide. this royta guy thinks ike is 55-45. this is BY FAR, samus's 2nd or 3rd easiest match up in the gane. wtf are u thinking.

Apperently you havn't played a Good Ike. Go ahead and say that time them in their threads, considering they say the same about Samus. (only 60 - 40 Ike or close to 55 - 45 Ike )

So... Hes not saying anything about Samus, hes asking questions from lots of sources. Apperently, Id recommend not being a jerk to him because hes trying to get information. Everyone is intilted to do what they like. Im sure if this was wrong of him, Hylian would have locked this thread, but he did not. Plus is also does not hurt to have two things going at once to get more information.

Royta

Smash Journeyman

lololol what are U thinking?

I just gather what the people say, stuff it in one small writeup and that's it. Its the opinions and data of multiple people thrown together in one pile of awesomeness that we call "text".

So no need to act like this, a simple "ey, maybe you and dryn should you know, like merge the topics or something" would have done nicely. Just a straight forward question and you would have gotten a nice anwser like "sure, sounds nice".
But now i'm more leaning to "no"

But I'll talk to Dryn, see what he thinks we should do. Since he's into this more then you, so i'll talk with him about it and not with you (I saw he deleted all of his data, why?).
Also I don't really care if you think I or this topic are trash, so your attemts to hurt my little soul fail ._.

Take it up with the Duke if you feel like going on!
Matchup ratio:

10- 0 :samus2:

Now you just HAVE to admit that ratio is right ;)

On-topic: Zelda seems pretty done now, who do you guys suggest we discuss next? I'll start with the Zelda write-up after this mess has been settled.
Untill then we got to keep the discussion alive, so i'm up for suggestions. Snake perhaps, since he's pretty common at the end game?

Xyro77

Apperently you havn't played a Good Ike. Go ahead and say that time them in their threads, considering they say the same about Samus. (only 60 - 40 Ike or close to 55 - 45 Ike )

So... Hes not saying anything about Samus, hes asking questions from lots of sources. Apperently, Id recommend not being a jerk to him because hes trying to get information. Everyone is intilted to do what they like. Im sure if this was wrong of him, Hylian would have locked this thread, but he did not. Plus is also does not hurt to have two things going at once to get more information.

this new wave of samus mains are ********.

and obviously your not too go with samus if you think ike is anywhere near good on samus.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Again, Go ask the Ike mains what they think.

And ive been maining Samus back in Smash 64 :/ So please. If you want to continue to degrade people, by all means get banned again.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
I talked with Dryn, untill he's going back to updating again this topic will stay alive. After that not so sure;p
We'll see how it goes.

Writeup will be up beginning of next week, since I'm away for the weekend. And I choose Snake for the sole reason .. he came to my mind xD Keep the discussion alive. I have to go now, if someone wants a free topic they can notify the Snake boards.

Discuss people, lets grab as much information as we can!

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Snake actually seems like one of the easier matches for Samus.

He is gimp-able with the downsmash, we can just about outcamp him.... but we always have to look out for the tilts, cause going hand-to hand with Snake is lunacy.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I just can't seem to beat Snake. I would like to do more than just fight at a distance, but it seems that's really the only way Samus can go in this match. It's really not that easy to spike Snake, either. He'll either be too high up, or he'll use his Cypher again if he survives getting spiked.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
When I fight Snake, I always keep it in the back of my head to try to stay above him at some point, so maybe he'll accidentally use his over tilt out of habit, and begin to stale it, so when it matters, I might be able to DI it. Against a Snake who is over campy with the nades, don't depend on glide tossing them to him or anything, Snake players generally know how to cook a grenade to prevent you from grabbing it and throwing it back.

If you get a chance, ban Brinstar against Snake, you can't see ANY of his explosive's here.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
if he shields any of your moves besides zair and projectiles at long range you will be punished.

don't get grabbed.

It's pretty easy to take advantage of Snake's poor movement (snakedash and etc) with uncharged shots, bombs, etc.

Zair when he takes out a nade, or try to explode it while he has it, etc..

One of Samus's okay matchups, Snake obviously has the advantage but it's alright.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
While you can take advantage of Snake's slow movement with uncharged shots, bombs, and missles, be aware that Snake can do the impossible. Snake's ftilt and utilt can nullify all projectiles except for fully charged shots, AND THE MOVES WON't STAGNATE. Snake's Nikita can nullify Fully Charges shots and he can use grenades to nullify some projectiles too. Don't be too far away from Snake, or you'll have to deal with his grenades while he swats your missles, charge shots, etc.

BTW, banning Brinstar is right. He has an infinite with his down throw on that stage.

Rainbow Cruise is a stage where Samus can win, but Snake's will ban it.

Xyro77

wow, this is sad. this thread is horrible. im about to make my own match-up guide and just take all of your information(the very little that IS right).

DotHack

Smash Apprentice
If there's a difference in how you would write off each match-up, then by all means, make a new topic with your own info. Maybe I'll benefit a bit from both threads in the process. >_>

Royta

Smash Journeyman
wow, this is sad. this thread is horrible. im about to make my own match-up guide and just take all of your information(the very little that IS right).
Sad, just because you have accomplished nothing beyond smash doesn't mean you have to be an assho.. wait actually it does it's called frustration.
Tell me how it feels.

On a second note, go ahead, I quit Brawl in favour of Street Fighter IV, so I bid you farewell your highness! :heart:

@ Rest, if someone DOES want to continue this topic, much appreciated. There's lot of feedback from users in these posts that I would not like to see go to waste. Your call.

Xyro77

Sad, just because you have accomplished nothing beyond smash doesn't mean you have to be an assho.. wait actually it does it's called frustration.
Tell me how it feels.

On a second note, go ahead, I quit Brawl in favour of Street Fighter IV, so I bid you farewell your highness! :heart:

@ Rest, if someone DOES want to continue this topic, much appreciated. There's lot of feedback from users in these posts that I would not like to see go to waste. Your call.
So you quit? good.

my match-up chart chart will be up in the next few days.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Um, i have recent matches (this weekend) offline vs Ally. Even though i got murdered, it would probably help this thread. I just cant upload it myself.

Can someone help me upload them? Id send the replay to your wii. (i have infinite replay/music hack so im not sure if a regular wii can do it, but lets try)

thanks

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Actually I heard the tiers in SFIV are just as broken as the tiers here, apparently you pick Rufus to win. I'm out of the loop so I might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom