• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW and Updated Followup Chart**Updated 2/4/09**

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
I am currently in the process of making a brand new followup chart for the murder choke/gerudo. I expect to be finished by next week, because I can only test this accurately with a friend, not by myself, and we have already spent hours without finishing. In this is am testing more than merely tilts and the jab. Included will be:
-Instant Dash Attack
-Jab
-Down Tilt
-Forward Tilt
-Murder Quake(Instant Aerial Down B)
-Down Smash
-Up Smash
-Forward Smash

Each are tested for:
-Getup attacks
-Getting up
-Rolling Away from Dorf
-Rolling Towards Dorf
-Reversing moves
-Stalling/Timing moves
-Sliding moves
-Double Reversing(ex. DR Upsmash works really well on getup/getup attacks and is a good mind game)
-DI
-Whether its guaranteed, likely, or unlikey, because some work, but aren't guaranteed

Notes on downtilt:
-Down tilt is not tested for reversing due to the difficulty of it
-My results are soley on the instant down tilt, where dorf does not crouch then attack, but immediately attacks by barely holding down.
-Instant down tilt works in situations where the regular does not.

If anyone can think of any other possible followups that are worth testing, respond to this and I'll try to include it.

Something to note is that all these tests were done with instant reactions from the other player, meaning they aren't necessarily guaranteed if someone pauses first.

Here is the work in progress:

TP

Smash Master
Sounds good to me. The only thing I can point out is that reversing the down tilt is very easy if you set the c-stick to attack.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Full Jump DAIR over/INTO GUA.

Aerial Gerudo over/INTO GUA.

Utilt for DI Away? (LOL...no seriously...I want to know).

I think if you're doing a chart, you should do some seriously wonky tests like the one's listed above. We have considerably accurate data w/ kill %s for most of this stuff thanks to swoops, but if you expand the idea of "follow-ups," you never know what you'll find.

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
Full Jump DAIR over/INTO GUA.

Aerial Gerudo over/INTO GUA.

Utilt for DI Away? (LOL...no seriously...I want to know).

I think if you're doing a chart, you should do some seriously wonky tests like the one's listed above. We have considerably accurate data w/ kill %s for most of this stuff thanks to swoops, but if you expand the idea of "follow-ups," you never know what you'll find.
I actually tested uptilt haha. Its too slow to be guaranteed on anyone. Aerial gerudo is one i havent tried, ill definitely add that. And im nearly positive full hop down b works on anyone for gua/getup and im not going to put that in the chart.

If i get the time i may also try reverse dtilt, currently i cstick and Im trying to get this chart done asap.

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
I did add reverse dtilt to the chart now, and so far it works on everyone if they roll inward and you time it. Good to know...

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone mind if i skip ice climbers? or does someone want them in the chart, even though they are kind of unnecessary considering gerudo sucks against them. As of now I am not including them but if someone really wants me to I can/

hyperstation

Smash Lord
The truth is, there should be NO followups to Gerudo for ICs as long as the IC player is halfway proficient. The free climber should always respond in time to get Ganon out of range via a number of options. Include them, but maybe just make a note or something. I support the remaking of the followup chart only as long as it's 110% exhaustive. That means at least MENTIONING ICs. Keep it up, F3NiiX. It's nice to make someone's acquaintance on the Ganon boards by them actually contributing something, so....NICE'TA MEET'CHA!

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
The truth is, there should be NO followups to Gerudo for ICs as long as the IC player is halfway proficient. The free climber should always respond in time to get Ganon out of range via a number of options. Include them, but maybe just make a note or something. I support the remaking of the followup chart only as long as it's 110% exhaustive. That means at least MENTIONING ICs. Keep it up, F3NiiX. It's nice to make someone's acquaintance on the Ganon boards by them actually contributing something, so....NICE'TA MEET'CHA!
Thanks for the nice comment, I will include them. I have discovered that double reversing a followup works so nicely for mind games. :D And it works so far on everyone for at least the getup and sometimes attack. After some testing I decided to leave out the aerial side b, its chances are basically the same as the ground side b and is more like tech chasing than something I feel should be included in the chart. I am adding forward smash and testing it tilted. Ill only include tilts if they impact the chances. For example a tilted up fsmash may work when otherwise it wouldnt because its faster. Studder stepping the fsmash also greatly changes its chances.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I just LOVE when hitting them with a down angeled Fsmash, IN their GUA..

hyperstation

Smash Lord
How's this coming along?

I wanted to check up on it because I wasn't sure if you were doing testing with opponent DI during the actual choke? Not just teching, DIing. That is, MK and Kirby (among others, I'm sure) can DI in to avoid the iDA follow-up. I'm not sure how many other moves can be avoided with this.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
MK can't ><, I think you're just screwing up your iDAs DAD :D
VERY much possible. I've been playing on his TV with is HD but he uses composite cables. There's input lag when you're not running through component, so a lot of my timing has been funky. The point remains, though. You made a list of people who could DI to avoid iDA in your guide, right Swoops? I'll just check that out.

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
Its coming along pretty well, I have tested DI, and I have had to redo some tests because of new ideas I came up with. In a few minutes I'll take a screenshot of it and give you guys what I have so far. Some of the "Timed" stuff needs to be redone because I moved over some with dorf, but didnt say I moved in the chart.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
VERY much possible. I've been playing on his TV with is HD but he uses composite cables. There's input lag when you're not running through component, so a lot of my timing has been funky. The point remains, though. You made a list of people who could DI to avoid iDA in your guide, right Swoops? I'll just check that out.
Component cables don't make a difference. Lag comes from the TV upscaling to its native resolution, which for most HD sets is well above the 480p that the Wii can produce.

...The more you know!

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
Not all of it is 100% accurate and I need to redo some, but I figured I should post what I have so far.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Component cables don't make a difference. Lag comes from the TV upscaling to its native resolution, which for most HD sets is well above the 480p that the Wii can produce.

...The more you know!
Um...yes, the cables do make a difference. I'm speaking from experience here. You may be right about the upscaling being an issue, but I'm 100% positive that component cables got rid of any lag I had on my own HD set. Perhaps you have to set the resolution for that channel to 480p so it doesn't automatically try to output at 720p?

Regardless, that's not a conversation for this topic. That chart is...WOW. I need to sit down and chew on that for a while. Nice work.

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
Thanks :D, i tried to keep it on a page's worth as far as printing goes for tourneys, no one will memorize this.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
*Jekyll appears*

...The more you know!
"Neenja VANISH!"

O.O

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
I just wanted to keep it on one page as opposed to being all written out. Once you get used to it its very easy to understand.

TP

Smash Master
There is one mistake. The Murder Quake got demoted to just Quake. It wasn't worthy.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
You don't think that me giving it a use that isn't punishable and sets up for combos makes it worthy?
Almost everyone who can be hit by quake after gerudo can be hit by DTilt. DTilt also isn't punishable and sets up for combos (after gerudo).

Top Bottom