• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamepad VA: Brawl 4 All Rnd. 3! - 5/9/09 *UPDATED*

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255

..Presents..

"Live Stream of ECRC's Apex will be broadcasted during our Tournament for your viewing pleasure!"

..It all comes down to this..

Saturday, May 9th, 2009
(Same date as ECRC Apex)

Address:
3102 Plank Road Unit 390
Fredericksburg VA, 22407

"From Interstate 95: Take Exit 130 (Route 3 Culpeper) in Central Virginia. Gamepad is in the back entrance (Between Macy's and JC Pennys) of Spotsy Towne Center located on the left at the Second Light."

General Rules:
  • 3 Stock
  • 8 Minute Time Limit for Doubles and Singles.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • Stalling is banned.
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Winners, Losers, and Championship Finals will be set to best of 5.
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Neutral Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Castle Siege
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Battleship Halberd
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Brinstar
  • Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
  • Norfair
  • Jungle Japes

STAGE NOTE:
Before the Match begins, and the characters are selected.. you get the choice to Ban 2 stages of your choice. Only one Starter Stage may be banned.

ALL OTHER STAGES BANNED!

Pricing:
$10.00 Venue Fee
$10.00 Singles
$20.00 Doubles

Schedule:

10:00am Spotsylvania Mall Opens
10:30am Gamepad Registration Opens
12:00pm Brawl Doubles Tournament Begins!
4:00pm-5:00pm Brawl Singles Begin! (Depending on finishing time of Doubles)

Food:
Gamepad is located in a Town Centre. It's basically a mini Mall with plenty of food options. Your options include Great Steak, Wendy's, Chick Fillet, Sbarros, China Wok, Starbucks, Auntie Anne's Pretzels, and Subway, all of which are in walking distance! We also have plenty of Snacks and Drinks available in Gamepad.

Wii/Controllers:

Just like any Smash Event, we must ask that you bring your own controller to play with. As for the Wii's, The first 5 players to bring a Wii/Game (all characters and stages unlocked) will have their Venue fee waived!!! Don't worry about Additional TV's.. we have over 40 TV's available. :p

Televisions:

Unlike most other smash venues, we have plenty of TV's already available, so do not worry about bringing your own TV. Just bring your skills!

NOTE: Gamepad has an Elite Team dedicated to playing Smash and are always looking for competition. Sadly the locals (besides Glyph and DFace) aren't as challenging. So do us Elite's a favor and come show us your skill cause we could use the challenge. ;)

Gamepad Elite: Team Throwdown
- Bolt, MattX Glyph, Fuzz, Oh., Kojin and Lykieos. (Recruiting more members!)
Hope to see you there!

If you have any other questions regarding the Tournament or the Venue, feel free to call us at Gamepad! Our hours of operation during the week is 10:00am-9:30pm. When you call just ask for Jayson (Bolt), MattyP (Fuzz), or Ryan!

Gamepad Phone: (540)548-4723
AIM Screen Name: IL Bolt LI
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/boltanion
E-Mail: Boltanion@live.com

Tournament Confirmation List (Updated Regularly)
1. Bolt
2. Fuzz
3. Kojin
4. MattiX
5. SnarF
6. Viral
7. Oh.
8. Lykieos
9. JJVirus
10. OathMeal
11. BMX
12. Lil B
13. Bonk
14. Forte
15. Poyo
16. Bert
17. TwentyTwo
18. Bidoof
19. Amon
20. Glyph
21. KoreanStriker
22. ScottRay
23. RCyclone
24. Pulse
25. CrappyCola
26. TheEffeteGentleman
27. Yoho
28. ChaosKnight

Smashers Bringing Wii's for the Possible Waiving of the Venue Fee:
1. Bolt
2. SnarF
3. BMX
4. RCyclone
5. Oh.
6. TheEffeteGentleman
7. Poyo

Brawl 4 All: Rounds 1 & 2 - Results:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223724

Also, bear in mind that Gamepad is an Xbox360/Ps3/PC Lan Center and regularly participates in GG Circuit and iGames events. We also have other Games and Tournaments for you to play. If you are interested in coming down to play anything other than Smash, you are always welcome to join us! Our Venue price listing is below:

Walk-In Rate:
30 Min: $4.00
60 Min: $7.00
Day Pass: N/A
Smash Pass (All Day!): $7.00 (GPE Invitational)

Basic Membership: $5.00 a Month
30 Min: $3.00
60 Min: $6.00
Day Pass: $25.00
Smash Pass (All Day!): $6.00 (GPE Invitational)

VIP Membership: $20.00 a Month
30 Min: $2.50
60 Min: $5.00
Day Pass: $20.00
Smash Pass (All Day!): $5.00 (GPE Invitational)

EPIC Membership: $150.00 a Month (Hardcore Gamers Only!)
30 Min: Free!
60 Min: Free!
Day Pass: Free!
Smash Pass (All Day!): Free!

*GPE Invitational: If you are invited to practice with the Gamepad Elite or to try out for the Gamepad Elite, then you are eligible to this exclusive fee for an all day pass of Smash.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
I heard about this place a few months ago, forgot to check it out. It sounds great, spotsylvania is not that far, and SF4? I'm there.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Thesage, whats with the frown? :/

And your from the 703? It's not that far away buddy. It's a straight shot from 95. I'm actually posting this from C3 in Ashburn right now, it shouldn't be all that bad of a drive. Me and my crew drove out here, it was only about an hour and 30 mins.

..and hell yeah HiddenMachine, I look forward to seeing you there.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Estimated Time: 18 minutes

This is amazing. I'm almost definately coming to this.

Oath.

Smash Ace
i shall arrive :) (btw i hear you guys have laggy Tv's X_X????!?!//1/111?!?!11??!?!?!oneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneonequestionmark)

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
7 HR drive... ugh, I might make it out to this. could you start forming a list of definite people so that I can see if it's worth traveling to?

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
i shall arrive :) (btw i hear you guys have laggy Tv's X_X????!?!//1/111?!?!11??!?!?!oneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneonequestionmark)
You heard wrong buddy. I play there all the time for I am sponsored by the place. There is absolutely no lagg. Actually there is a Minuit amount of lagg.. but I'd say about a .2 lagg. Barely noticeable.

Oh and Oath, you said something to me at C3 about bringing people with you, could you name off those people so I can add them to the confirmation list?

Would greatly appreciate it. :)

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
7 HR drive... ugh, I might make it out to this. could you start forming a list of definite people so that I can see if it's worth traveling to?
Yes I will make up the list now and edit the Thread's 1st post. Check back to see who's showing.

andy122888

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm.....I like the sound of this tourney. Me and the KY players have been discussing traveling and playing in Virgina we may consider this one. Also there is a tournament in morehead, ky this Saturday the 31st. Also in Feb there is a Brawl/Melee tournament. Sorry this sounds like advertising, but just putting that out there.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
OOHHH I am so gonna come ta this nothing can stop me now ok now I might not come cuz brothers birthday

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Hmmm.....I like the sound of this tourney. Me and the KY players have been discussing traveling and playing in Virgina we may consider this one. Also there is a tournament in morehead, ky this Saturday the 31st. Also in Feb there is a Brawl/Melee tournament. Sorry this sounds like advertising, but just putting that out there.
*Sorry for the constant quoting, for some reason my Multquote option won't work.*

It's all good man, as long as its not advertising on our dates, I am fine with it. You should travel for this one. The venue in itself is worth checkin out, plus you will get to play with many of the finest Smashers that the East Coast has to offer.

NOTE TO ALL POSSIBLE PARTICIPANTS: Please list the people you may bring along with your smash Tagg so I may add them to the Attendance list.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
You heard wrong buddy. I play there all the time for I am sponsered by the place. There is absolutely no lagg. In fact, if you our TV's lagg, then you can kick me in the face. haha.. thats how sure I am.

Oh and Oath, you said something to me at C3 about bringing people with you, could you name off those people so I can add them to the confirmation list?

Would greatly appreciate it. :)
wow your confident I hate laggy tv heh heh is their an age restriction like the very first tourny that was held at bestbuy could not go was not 18 got me pissed

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I'll be happy to run the tournament smoothly once I can 100% confirm I can be there. I can also show you guys basics to running a good tourney so you guys can do future Fredericksburg tourneys.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I'll be happy to run the tournament smoothly once I can 100% confirm I can be there. I can also show you guys basics to running a good tourney so you guys can do future Fredericksburg tourneys.
Sounds good G-ReGGG, we have a bracket organizer as well if that can further help. Keep us informed if you end up getting that job buddy.. and we Plan on holding many more tournaments.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Ugh, scratch me off the list. Can't make it now since the date changed =/

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
how big is dis place is it bigger den da C3 cuz I do not feel like being crowded again

Syranas

Smash Rookie
I'll be there it's only like a 45 minute walk from my house heh. I'll see you probably today as it IS snowing like crazy outside.

edit: Oh Bolt I'll try to see how my Link holds up against you again soon.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I'll be there it's only like a 45 minute walk from my house heh. I'll see you probably today as it IS snowing like crazy outside.

edit: Oh Bolt I'll try to see how my Link holds up against you again soon.
Look Forward to it Buddy. :p

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
the big thing i want is recorded matches. how will this be dealt with?
As for the recorded matches, we have to have someone bring a laptop that we can use.. probably for the mainscreen. I'll talk to the owner about it Kojin.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255

MattyP

Smash Apprentice
John, I'd be more than happy to pick you up so you don't have to walk, buddy.
Stop by GamePad sometime and I'll give you my number or something.
Yea, it'd be tight for a nice smooth running tourney G-reg.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
ok looks big enough sure I will try to come but I live in fairfax so its a two hour drive

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
For any future posts, if people don't mind.. please list the possible friends you may bring along so that I can add them to the Attendance list. Thank you.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
forget every thing i said here this was not a useless post I had somthin here but I undid it cuz somebody will kill me for it

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
forget every thing i said here this was not a useless post I had somthin here but I undid it cuz somebody will kill me for it
Hmmm.. lol now I'm intrigued haha..

Darn, I'm mad I missed what you said now. You should say it anyway. :psycho:

Ah so yeah, I'm really psyched to see the outcome of this Tournament. I'm sure everyone will enjoy the venue and the setup we have. :) Now people, Lets get more people signed up!!! CrappyCola, you have any friends you may bring along that I can add to the Attendance list or are you a lone wolf? ;)

ClownOfGod

Smash Rookie
Hey, this isn't my first post, I forgot my previous username.
Anyway, add 3 more people to your list, I'm coming along with 2 others. I also have a Wii with all characters unlocked if you still need one.

I have a few questions though.
1. For Doubles, is friendly fire on?
2. Also for Doubles, is it still a 7 minute/3 stock game?
3. Can we switch characters in both Singles or Doubles? Not during a match, just in between.

Thanks!

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Hey, this isn't my first post, I forgot my previous username.
Anyway, add 3 more people to your list, I'm coming along with 2 others. I also have a Wii with all characters unlocked if you still need one.

I have a few questions though.
1. For Doubles, is friendly fire on?
2. Also for Doubles, is it still a 7 minute/3 stock game?
3. Can we switch characters in both Singles or Doubles? Not during a match, just in between.

Thanks!
To answer your questions...

Yes, Yes, and Yes. :)

As for the who you are bringing, what are their Smash Taggs, I must add them to the list as well. If they do not have smash Taggs, I can just say they are "friends" of yours.

ClownOfGod

Smash Rookie
None of them are signed up here, but I can assure you that they both will provide a challenge.. =P.
Thanks for the answers, but uh would you like me to bring my Wii?

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
None of them are signed up here, but I can assure you that they both will provide a challenge.. =P.
Thanks for the answers, but uh would you like me to bring my Wii?
As long as you can get here somewhat Early, yes that would be great. We would like the Wii's to be set up as Soon as possible so people can get their practice in before the Tournament.

Actually, bring it anyway. The more Wii's, the better. :) Be one of the first 7 to bring em and your Venue fee will be waived. :D

Top Bottom