• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Maine Brawl II: Don't Torture My Cats

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Ill do more with this and add vids later. I am tired as ****. I hope things went over well, I have gotten the okay from the lady to hold another one in like 2 months.

Next time, I would appreciate 1 or 2 people who are willing to help take over running the brackets. I was working my *** off for the last 24 hours and I didn't get to play much during the tournament with people. I had fun, but it was a lot of work and I was dead tired. I took like an hour or hour and a half I think for friendlies and people stopped having tourney matches and someone messed with the bracket without telling me. Which obviously is my fault I should have delegated someone to take over for me. But that would be super appreciated if someone could help me out with that next time.

Thank you Boxman and Darc for helping me with seeding, and helping find stuff and people that was awesome.

Everyone was great and very respectful and if you have any suggestions for the future please let me know I am more than open to them. I think this one had a better turn out than the last one. Next time I will make sure to have more time for friendlies after the tournies are over, but I had a date with my lady today.

I will try to get videos up later this week. Thanks for coming, I had a blast, and I hope everyone had fun.

Singles:
1: Fatal ($126.00) (Snake)
2: Dazwa ($63.00) (ZSS/Falco/Dedede)
3: Darc ($21.00) (Meta Knight/Falco)
4: Awesum (Snake)
5: NZA (Ness)
5: Thorn (Mario/Fox/Falco)
7: Neil (Snake)
7: Boxman (Luigi/Meta Knight/Game and Watch)
9: Verb
9: Mr. McDinky Bumbles
9: Memphis
9: Toil
13: Koby
13: Ben
13: Phat
13: Anthony
17: keto
17: Jman
17: Zack
17: Chris
17: Erin

Doubles:
1: Gee Gee Gee Gee Baby Baby Baby (Dazwa + Darc) ($54.00)
2: Team Johnsons (Memphis + GAYtal) ($27.00)
3: Thron + Awesum = sex (Thorn + Awesum) ($9.00)
4: Menpiss gaynz & G for Gaytol (Boxman and Banks)
5: Koby + Verb (Koby + Verb)
5: Team ManLove (Jman and Toil)
7: Ben + Zack (Ben + zack)
7: Team nizzazzzzzzz? (chris and nyles)
9: Team Anthony (Anthony + Anthony)

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
First. LOL @ Fatal's name in teams. You can thank Boxman for that.

I really liked this tourney. It was a friendly tourney with people that I could have casual conversations with. <3

Shoutouts later

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'd be more than willing to help with bracket running, should've asked :D

I'll post shoutouts eventually, for now I'd like to say

F for ****ing awesome Fatal
Justin you're the Jman for running this tournament, I had a blast and would love a Maine Brawl III :D
Memphis loves dat Corneria
"Darc Drank a ****ing Gallon of Milk" = teamname idea of the century
"It would feel really weird to poop cheese" = quote of our generation

So Fatal

Smash Master
Awesome. Tounrey. shout outs to come soon and Banks is my new BFF

and Daz, When you texted me that team name proposal I laughed so freaking hard!!!! AHAH

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
1: Fatal ($126.00) (Snake)
2: Dazwa ($63.00) (ZSS/Falco/Dedede)
3: Darc ($21.00) (Meta Knight/Falco)
4: Awesum (Snake)
5: NZA (Ness)
5: Thorn (Mario/Fox/Falco)
7: Neil (Snake)
7: Boxman (Luigi/Meta Knight/Game and Watch)

Any mistakes? And who'd neil use?

Banks

Smash Hero
Even as more of a melee man, the smash community is so great I had a fun time trying to do well in brawl once again, good games to all the people I played and *shakes fist* at those who knocked me out. next time!!

Singles:
1: Fatal - ur an awesomely cool guy, it was great meeting you and owning as BF(for)Fatal in melee teams and watching u own in brawl. BFF's for life, u gotta train me in barlw sometime, c u at mass madness if u go
2: Dazwa - hey budbud, good **** in tourney and nice seeing u and going to KFC and all that jazzmatazz
3: Darc - gallon of milk!! hopefully u don't vomit pure white barf later on :3
4: Awesum - oh man u so gud! nice seeing you, keep owning peeple
5: NZA - good games, real close. i thought my mindgames would be enough but u came out on top with the nesster =D
5: Thorn - hey bro, good **** helping me not get lost and stuff gj in teams
7: Neil - nice meeting you, awesome melee games, hope to see u at other events
7: Boxman - my teammate homie <3 thanks for teaming still, I tried hard for u 4th place is pretty good considering the competition
9: Verb - don't know if i played you but i probly talked to you or something
9: Mr. McDinky Bumbles - GOOD JOB BRO
9: Memphis - ur an awesome dude too, real funny and fun to hang out with go to more stuff man!! =p good stuff beating me too, the sonic's too good at least i gave u a run for ur money i think
9: Toil - not quite sure who you were LOL
13: Koby - nice fox brah
13: Ben - hey man
13: Phat - sup bro
13: Anthony - ur teammate has ur name, take it back
17: keto - lol good **** coming with us, good times ur link is the best brawl link in the building no doubt
17: Jman - thanks for running this, i had a great time, my one suggestion is that even if no one plays melee run like a one dollar tournament midday or something so people enter it >_> LOL
17: Zack - good games in teams man
17: Chris - not sure who u weree
17: Erin - LOL^
solar: nice seeing u once again, fun melee games as always
larx: ditto, see you around at school maybe dorm ditcher LOL

yea some names I don't remember, but all the guys in the bedroom who were joking around about the keto combo and whatnot ur all awesome

4: Menpiss gaynz & G for Gaytol (Boxman and Banks)
YEAH BOI

C.Awesum

Smash Cadet
lolz everyone forgets my smash name for some reason xP

i had alot of fun at this tourney :D it was nice playing everyone and meeting new players! =)

Fatal+Memphis our Doubles matches were too epic that Pivot Grab-->Bthrow-->Nair was like remake of the Keto combo :p

nice seeing you again Dazwa,Darc,Boxman,SOLAR (Neil),and eric =)
cant wait for the next Maine BARLW hopefully it'll be even better then this one :D

Boxman X

Smash Ace
Look here steakhead, I didn't ask for your 2 bit
1: Fatal (sup dawg shoulda teamed with me when I first asked we woulda won but w/e, fun friendlies, too good.)
2: Dazwa (You're listening to my keys being clicked right now as you try to sleep_
3: Darc (Let's watch SC in 2 Hours)
4: C. Awesum (WOW good job man sorry we didn't team, you did well regardless)
5: NZA (I'll get you next time, I won't go Luigi =/ )
5: Thron (Good job thr0n, 5th in a game you don't play)
7: Neil (Didn't play you, sorry we didn't give you a ride)
7: Boxman (Dis nizza is a great brawler and you should give him money matches)
9: Verb (You shot my bucket then I bucketed you in teams in the first 10 seconds, oh well we won LOL)
9: Mr. McDinky Bumbles (You, sir, are a wonderful person and that 3 dollar teams MM was heart thumping)
9: Memphis (What can I say to you. Nothing. You deserved to win, but I can't stand to see steak that high on the rankings)
9: Toil (Nice sonic, seems like all the sonics got 9th)
13: Koby
13: Ben
13: Phat (LOL ANTHONY)
13: Anthony (LOL MIXUP)
17: keto (GIVE ME MY $3 KETO COMBO)
17: Jman
17: Erin

Banks

Smash Hero
oh btw trevor keto gave me the mm money he owed, i'll give it to you at mass madness or whenever i see u next

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Neil played snake.

I will have videos up later this week from the tourney.

Dazwa if you could help with running brackets and getting people to play their matches if I need a break next time that would be awesome.

I think my cats of PTSD, their eyes are still big this morning hah.

Banks

Smash Hero
those cats gave me extreme sneezing attacks throughout the day LOLL

jman i saved the matches of me vs zesu on the tv to the right of the melee setup, if you do put up videos I would like those, either if you put them up or want to send me the files. but i won't pester you or anything, you can take your sweet time LOL

GenocideMachine

Smash Cadet
I don't remember names too well, so I'll just give some random shoutouts.

1: Fatal: Ridiculously good Snake, definitely deserved to win the tourny
2: Dazwa: Yiff references were too good
3: Darc: Yiff references were also too good, nice Falco btw
4: Awesum: I saw you at the gamestop tourny at launch in waterville
5: NZA: Awesome low tier repping, smacked me from the loser's bracket. Nice meeting you
5: Thorn: Obliterated me first round of winners, good to play you in melee a lot even though I got wrecked.
7: Neil <- That's me, the long-haired kid
7: Boxman: No problem about the ride, I was wrong about when the bus came (I thought it came at 9) so I was stuck in Portland with no phone. I managed to go to USM Portland and (luckily enough) the place was open so I could use their computers to try to find people on the internets to save me).
9: Verb: Good match in losers -- I played a ****load of brawl (and just a sliver of melee :( ) with you after the tourny
9: Mr. McDinky Bumbles
9: Memphis
9: Toil
13: Koby: Nice match in losers, also played like 3 hours of brawl with you after the tourny
13: Ben: Nice first tourny
13: Phat: Awesome that you played gannondorf and won matches at the same time.
13: Anthony
17: keto: Wish I could have played a bit more melee against you. Great link in melee and brawl.
17: Jman: Tournament went perfectly, thanks for hosting it. Too bad we didn't have time to do the melee tourny (not that I had any chance of winning)
17: Erin: I think you were verb's friend, but I'm not sure.
Solar(ex-neil): Nice playing you in melee though I got 4-stocked one match and did about 8% damage. Ouch. Good brawl match to see which one of us was the real Neil
Larx: I played melee at least 25% of the tournament against you -- good matches. Good money match in brawl, too. I'm surprised we won that teams match in melee against (I think) Solar and some other ridiculously good melee player.
Banks: Awesome playing melee against you -- I'm still amazed Maine has such good players.
I probably met nearly everyone else, but I can't remember their names.

BTW, lawl@when Koby and I were playing a losers match vs each other, I lost the first match badly with my gannondorf, so I went snake second match and Koby SD'd way early in the match and it was looking good, and all the second...ZAP. Both the Wii and the TV turn off while someone was trying to get their stuff underneath the table that his stuff was under. I thought it was pretty unlikely that I was going to win before that fact because I was two down, but at that point I thought it was absolutely impossible. Not a big deal at all though, and it was funny anyways, so I hope he didn't stress about it too much.

Anyways, good tournament and it seemed like everyone got a ton of time for friendlies. Everything was really casual. Definitely a good first tournament for me, I'm surprised I managed to place 7th. Melee friendlies on that tiny television in the corner was definitely the best part, though. Can't wait for the next one.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
I'm excited for Lobster.

I'll place better. I got experience playing competitive players, my first time, this weekend. We'll see how the next one progresses. :)

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Banks: I already have your tourneys recorded onto my pc, I will be putting them on youtube in the next few days.

Darc: Hah, yeah, my bathroom is the ****.

Memph: next time throw him into the gun.

So Fatal

Smash Master
Huge props go to Jman for hosting a sick tournament, I will deff be back for the Maine Brawl III

Dazwa Nice to finally meet you and chill. Intense Final matches. Were ganna **** face at CoT 4
Darc- Fun matches man and LOL drinking a gallon of milk. So Gross. It was like 80 Degrees and that milk was just cookin in there.
Memphis- CHRIS mad fun driving there and back and MemphisMom is too good LOL well work on that MK matchup son Ill stop by monday.
Banks -Mad fun playing melee doubles and acutally winning. I will teach you brawl!! I'll see you at LOBSTER son
Awesum -Pretty good Snake.. Fun friendlies
Thorn-Nice meeting you. See you at lobster
Boxman - Thanks for reppin my name ***! Lol you never asked me to team and if you did I must of forgot. Fun friendlies See you at lobster?
Verb- GGS man.
Chris- Feel the wraith of MK/CF

JMAN I need videos of the Winners bracket final and Grand finals and also that one match I told you about. I need the files cause im making a video just hit me up on aim, my aim is xxhimsk4terxx. Also upload this to AiB!!!!!!!

FUN DAY

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
1: Fatal: Stop beating me. LEARN TO LOSE KTHX. Or just make me feel better by losing a game ;_;
2: Dazwa: LOL Teams. You guys better use that team name
3: Darc: LOL way to suck
4: Awesum: You only lost because of the music
5: NZA: LOL Marth infinite. Fun games. Surprisingly good Ness
5: Thorn: LOL you were picking up characters halfway through the day. Pick up MK ya nub
7: Neil: yiff yiff yiff yiff yiff yiff. My fursona is better than yours
7: Boxman: This ***** has the power of the GREAT FOX
9: Verb: Samoooseeee rapage
9: Mr. McDinky Bumbles: LOL HI. SUP. MELEE.
9: Memphis: God that match was so gay
9: Toil: Hi
13: Koby: Sup
13: Ben: Kirby is so stupid and pink.
13: Phat: Ganon is a beast. We **** in teams
13: Anthony: LOL I DON'T KNOW WHICH IS WHICH
17: keto: LOL LINK FO LIFE. KETO KOMBOOO
17: Jman: Fun fun funnnn tourney. I loved the laid back friendly style tourney. **** was ballin'
17: Zack: HAI
17: Chris: I think I sat next to you once.
17: Erin: SUP

Solar: WAT
Larx: WAT

****ing milk was good.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
if i go to the next one i will definantly help out with the brackets, and make sure the **** runs a little faster.

the next one should be called "The Maine Event III : Another Gallon, Cheese ****s"
or "Memphis Sonic Laser Pew Pew Dead"

i'll do shout outs eventually, most likely

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Dazwa:MONA PIZZZZAAAA! Hacked brawl owns

Darc: As everyone else has said, that gallon of milk was disgusting haha

Thorn: Good **** owning in melee and brawl too good

Boxman: I gave the money to banks so he has to give you it the next time he sees you

Mr. McDinky Bumbles: Lmao nice name. Getting lost was so hilarious I was dying laughing. Charles Hamilton... lulz

Memphis: Nice sonic

Koby: I'm pretty sure I played you in losers bracket. Those were close games, nice fox

keto: Your controller sucks d00d

Jman: Thanks for letting me use your controller and thanks for hosting this tournament, it got a good turnout.

Larx: It's Keto.. KETO! Nice seeing you again

Solar: Man we were sooo close to winning that money match

Alphabet?: I think this is what you said your smash name was but I'm still not sure. Good games in melee

To all Keto Kombo fans: Thank you, thank you very much it's too bad you all missed it LOL. The Keto Kombo is.... the Keto Kombo

If I forgot anyone I'm sorry I didn't ask for a lot of your smash names.

Top Bottom